Timeless Hostel Reviews

Wen Ming Lane No.63 , Wu Yi Street, Old Town Dist, Lijiang, China

Thanks for the great experience! I will recommend your hostel!

• 6th Feb 2015

Timeless hostel has the best and most knowledgable staff, hands down. Excellent English and the manager, Allen, was always available to me when I called for recommendations-even when I had already left the hostel! Excellent dorm beds with curtains and a nice bathroom. The Internet was also great and the rooms are well lit. The lockers are massive and can fit your whole bag. Stay here!

Happy Chinese new year, my friend! How's it going? hope everything is good.Thanks for your kind and sincere words, i appreciate that, it's kind of you,remember? you even helped me to share the recommended restaurant with new friends.And i'm glad to do what i can do,even you're here.Again,hope you have a nice trip in China. Best wishes, Allen Timeless hostel,Lijiang,China,world,earth,galaxy ......

Hostel was remodeling when I arrived, so I couldn't experience it in it's full glory. It looks like it will be quite nice when the remodeling is finished though. Staff was excellent! Especially Allen, the guy at the front desk. So helpful, funny and always carrying a big smile. Location is a bit further out on the edge of the old town, which may or may not be a good thing. If you hate crowds, being a little further out is great.

Happy new year,my friend! you know,,our new year won't begin until after cerebrating Chinese new year.see,Chinese style.Indeed,your reviews and recommendation is the best gift for us.we'll keep working harder and harder,be humble, open mind, and then,just like Nike said--Just do it.Thanks again. yours, Allen,Timeless hostel,Lijiang.

A great, clean hostel with exeptional staff. Allen made our holiday in Lijiang a memorable one. Not forgetting River. Both rendered their utmost efforts to guide and helped us navigating the Old Town, Yulong San and Tiger Leaping Gorge. Room was super clean. Superb!

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Good morning,Mr and Ms.Thanks for your kind feedback,which is based on your experience in Timeless,it's our honor to have you here and hear your sounds online.i bet you're back home where is pretty warmer than LiJinag. Ha,don't worry,my heart is quit warm,because of what you said.Thanks again.By the way,Chinese new year is coming within a week,take my best wishes to you and your family.New year,new start! Regards, Allen Timeless hostel,Lijiang.

Hi, the staff was really friendly and their english was good as well. Had a great time here!

Dear customer,Thanks for your words which based on your experience in Timeless,we appreciate that.Have a nice day!

Efficient & attentive staffs; room & beds are comfortable. Only 2 comments: 1) please inform the staff if you'd like the room cleaned up. They don't do it automatically. 2) If you're taking the shuttle to TLG (very convenient by the way) & carrying luggage with wheels; please ask the staff to take the shorter way on the left side of the hotel. Closer to the main street & easier to wheel your luggage all the way to the bus stop (not very easy on the cobbled streets of the old town).

Dear friend,thanks for your detailed comments.we always take our customers' voice serious so that we can be better. 1.we have house-keeping service everyday now.2. The tip for carrying big luggage up to the main road is warm and considerate. Thanks again and best wishes!

This is I think the best hostel we ever stayed in China. Nice admosphere, very clean and new rooms with great view and very helpful staff! Allen was of great help with picking us up where the taxi driver dropped us, and arranging shuttle bus to the Tiger Leaping Gorge. Breakfast and sandwiches as lunch were very good as well. Location is in the old town, but in a more quiet area which makes it very comfortable to stay. We really would recommend this place! Btw, this is the renamed Panba Hostel!

" the best hostel we ever stayed in China", " really would recommend this place".Wow,i have to admit that i'm really ,really excited when i saw these words,i know that kind of reviews are always the best gift for us,Thank you so much! No doubt,we will keep humble, cherish our reputation,and we always told ourselves---customers' staying experience is all we care about. Regards, Allen,Timeless hostel,Lijiang.

Helpful staff in preparation for tiger leap gorge. Located away from the tourist frenZy in old town. Took the staff recommendation to rent a bike to shuhu and baisha and it was well worth it.

I'm glad to get your reviews,my dear friend.and i bet you had fun when you were here,based on your comments,good for you.and Have a wonderful day,wherever you are right now,regards from Timeless,Lijiang.

Staff is very helpful for me who can't speak Chinese. As you know it's hard to survive in China if you don't know Chinese but staff is very helpful and very friendly. Hostel is close to the old town. Just 10 mins by walk and you can go to the Black Dragon pool by walk also. Value for money.

Based on your words, it proves that you did not only survive but had fun,you're amazing and inspired ,my friend. Proud of you,and have a good day. By the way, can't speak Chinese? still worry about ? see? no problem! Chinese people are friendly,i do think so. If you are still worried or aren't confident enough, then ,," Here's my number, call me maybe...." (haha,the lyrics are what i wanna say,so i quoted.) Regards, Allen,Timeless hostel,Lijiang

Stayed at timeless hostel for 3 nights. Staff were very helpful in helping us find our way to Tiger Leaping Gorge and around Lijiang. The hostel is clean and secure. I would definitely recommend staying in Timeless Hostel!

" Staff wer very helpful", "clean and secure" , Thanks very much for your kind and high compliment,my friend. We are really grateful.!

The only setback is no sound proof between rooms on top floor. We can hear conversation and noise from next door clearly.

Thanks for your sincere words. i recalled the night, i'm sorry,we staff should remind your neighbors to lower their sounds at the late night.and we just upgraded our rooms,including sound proof , made it more comfortable i think. You're always welcome to Timeless. Best regards, Allen, Timeless hostel,Lijiang.

Very good location, just at the edge of the old city. Away from the crowd and near the exit to the city. We stayed in 2 different rooms. Both of them big and comfortable. One room had very comfortable bed, big windows and great view but a little noisy (music from the bars) and the other had too hard beds and no air (small window). If you don't mind the noise ask for the rooms upstairs apptoaching the street.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Israel

Thanks for your detailed and sincere comments,we take it serious. Dear friend,we upgrade our hostel,including sound proof.and we tore down the room which is a little bit dim to add a wide-open communal space.and we add a big roof terrace with a very good view.Thanks again! Regards, Allen,Timeless hostel,Lijiang.

Quite possibly my favourite hostel, and I've...been to a few. Several reasons for this: -the staff are wonderful, and will help you with absolutely anything you need (Thanks Alan, you beauty!) -the location is perfect; far enough away from the hustle and bustle of central Ancient Town, but close enough to get there, walking, in 15 minutes -the facilities are great -they are very fairly managed (e.g. if you're doing an overnight T.L. Gorge hike, they'll give you your money back and store bags

• 1st Oct 2014

Thanks for the " several reasons" above,so happy ,since you guys had a good experience here,and i'm proud of my colleagues. it's pleasure to have you here,for sure. Today,it's cloudy and rainy in Lijiang,but your words made me feel warm.Thanks again,and welcome back,anytime. Best regards, Allen@Timeless hostel,Lijiang.

A good detail: beds in dorms have curtains so you can have your little space with some privacy. I have never seen that in any hostel (only in warships). Staff is helpful and very friendly, specially "Mr. Nice Guy" Alan. Delicious and affordable food in the restaurant. Common area is a bit small but there is a terrace in the roof top, ideal to chill out.

good to receive your feedback,my dear friend. we always focus on customers' living experience in our hostel,that's why we spent a lot to upgrade our hostel to make the rooms more comfortable, make the terrace and common area much bigger, we made it,i'm proud of our hostel and team. welcome back to experience the brand new Timeless with upgraded facilities and upgraded service. Best regards, "Mr. Nice Guy"@ Timeless hostel,Lijiang.

I am very happy to stay Timeless hostel . it is clean and comfortable especially the toilet and shower room. and very helpful staff there.

I am very happy to hear you say---"i am very happy to stay Timeless hostel".see? win-win.perfect result ,isn't it? it's honor to have you here,you're always welcome back in Timeless hostel,Lijiang.Thank you,my friend!

Well run hostel. Nicely situated in old town. staff professional. Good sandwich to take on hike to the Gorge.

" Nicely" ," professional" ," good" , so awesome to get feedback like that,the best gift for us the whole day.by the way, the "good sandwich" is made by the chef Robin,

super friendly and helpful staffs (they even wait till 1am cuz i stayed overtime in the bar) warm and comfortable bed and nice hot shower

wait ,wait ,wait.let me count ----"super friendly"+helpful+ warm+ comfortable+nice. wow,just wow.what should i say? Thank you so much for your super kind,warm,comfortable and nice words,definitely,it's really helpful for us. Best regards, Allen,Timeless hostel,Lijiang.

Highly recommended, great location (15 min walk to centre of old town) and lovely staff. Easy transport to tiger leaping gorge and they even offer a luggage service where you can have your luggage left at a hostel at the end of the hike (Tina's) if you're going on to shangri-la after tiger leaping gorge otherwise free luggage storage at timeless if you're returning to lijiang.

Dear,friend,thanks for your kind reviews and recommendation. it's honor to hear,and best regards.-------------------

Location is good being in the old town but at the quieter end away from the hoards of Chinese tourists. Alan was very helpful and friendly and also they were flexible with bookings etc. They also arranged the bus to the tiger leaping (through Tina's guesthouse) and walked us to the bus and made sure the driver left out luggage along Tina's guesthouse at the tiger leaping gorge trail.

Dear friend,thanks a lot for what you said ,based on your own experience here.we appreciate that.However,we always keep hungry,keep foolish,keep humble,since our priority is always to offer our customers prime service. Best regards, Allen,Timeless,Lijiang.

We had one of the en suite rooms on the top floor. It was modern, clean, well decorated and maintained (except for the clothes rail which was hanging off the wall). The location is close enough to the centre of the old town but far enough out to be quieter. Staff were fantastic, incredibly helpful nothing was too much trouble for them. We arranged our buses to both Tiger Leaping Gorge and Kunming through the hostel which was very easy and convenient.

Thanks for your super active comments,my friend,it's 200% happy to hear that,i bet you did have a good time here,that's the best news for us.Have a good day!