Timeless Hostel Reviews

Wen Ming Lane No.63 , Wu Yi Street, Old Town Dist, Lijiang, China

I would stay here again. It's on the edge of the old town (though within walking distance) so you don't get the claustrophobic chaos that can be overwhelming further in, and it has easier access to a main road with taxis etc. River speaks very good English and was super friendly and welcoming. He helped phone to our hostels in Tiger Leaping Gorge to book rooms, and even drove me to the railway station! I give this a good recommendation.

To a weary traveler such as I, hostels are often no more than temporary places of respite- places where the basic prerequisites of lodging and meals are met satisfactorily. Yet, out of the myriad hostels I have stayed in, Timeless Lijiang stands out and delivers so much more than the basics I have come to expect. The staff, along with the proprietor River, made me felt welcome the moment I set foot inside the hostel. The family atmosphere is supplemented by great food and excellent facilities.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thank you very much for the amazing hostel you have, it was a pleasure staying there. The only thing that we found a bit hard, was to find you probably because of the road work. Besides that we enjoyed every moment that we were staying in Timeless hostel.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Latvia

I enjoyed my stay there; loved the banana pancake breakfast, & the staff was very helpful and supported me with planning/ booking of the Tiger Leaping Gorge. Initially, I struggled to find my way to the hostel, as there used to be no names in Chinese in the Directions section and the English names of places were not found by my Google maps app. However, the hostel staff explained to the bus driver (over my mobile phone) which bus stop I need to go to, and a staff member came to pick me up.

A great hostel in a fantastic location on the edge of the old town. The staff were exceptionally helpful in helping us arrange our Tiger Leaping Gorge trek and booking us an extra night at the hostel when we got back. We stayed in superior double which was beautifully decorated with a great ensuite and lovely terrace at the front and then we also stayed in a family room which was huge.

Fantastic staff this is very friendly and helpful!

Really great hostel!! Really friendly staff and helped me organise the tiger leaping gorge. The location is really nice and it has a great atmosphere. I really liked this hostel.

We spent lovely 4 days in the town and thanks to the staff we could spent much less money as they provided us with the map and directions. We visited the mountains with their trip and it was one of the best hiking in our whole lifes!

This hostel is pretty good.Come here if you enjoy quiet surrounding.All stuffs are good and I like them.

Really nice hostel in the Old Town. The perfect base to explore Lijiang.

This hostel was great. Great location in the old town. The staff are so friendly and lovely :-)

I thought the location was great because it was just inside the Old Lijiang town where it was less busy. To get into the really busy area takes a walk of ten minutes, and there it can be really, really busy. River the Owner is fantastic and very responsive to emails.. The food cooked on the premises is good, or there's street food or cafes about 5 metres away. The airport pick-up worked real well. There's a nice little lounge area, and also TV area and bar, great to meet new friends.about

• 10th Feb 2014

Staff is fantastic and speaks great English We stayed in a private twin room and the bathroom and shower were so nice with great water pressure and the beds had electric blankets The other people staying at the hostel were fun and friendly and my friends and I hung out with the people we met there outside of the hostel a few times too They have a pool table, a bar, and good home-cooked food for a reasonable price (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)

River and his staff run a friendly, comfy and efficient place. It is in a nice and quiet area, only a short walk to the bustle of the main square. After the taxi from the bus station dropped me off, Sara came to lead me to the hostel. River helped me set up my trip to the Tiger Leaping Gorge. The 4-bed ensuite was clean and comfortable. Electric blankets, plenty of hot water, large storage lockers and good wifi. The food from the restaurant was nicely prepared and the prices were fair.

In a town where everything is over-priced, this hostel was the one good deal that I got. It's extremely affordable. The atmosphere is really nice. Plenty of guests congregate in the lounge and the lovely courtyard, so it's a great place to meet fellow travelers. The rooms are spacious but have a cozy log cabin feel to them. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel is a bit far away from the city center, but that means is peaceful and there are no crowds on the street.

The staff is very friendly and accomodating. It is on the outskirts of the old city, so you miss the annoying hustle and bustle of the touristy streets. It was quite convenient to arrange a bus from here to Tiger Leaping Gorge, and they provide a secure room for your baggage while hiking.

A space heater in the room would have been nice

We stayed in a double room ensuite. Room plus bathroom were super clean and they even offer floor heating within the room. Water was hot but they don't offer complementary toilet paper. Stuff was super helpful. Helped us book the trip to the tiger leaping gorge and could always answer all of our question. They also speak perfect English! Location is good. 15 min walk to the main square in the old town! We would definetly come back when we visit Lijiang again!!

Friendly staff, Good location,Cozy relaxation place on 1st floor. But little bit noisy as hostel is under construction.....

very friendly and helpful staff who assisted in ticket booking and trip organizing. also good breakfast! our room was big, clean and comfortable - if a bit cold. but there were heated blankets to compensate for that...

« first « Prev 1 2 3