Timeless Hostel Reviews

Wen Ming Lane No.63 , Wu Yi Street, Old Town Dist, Lijiang, China

The staff were excellent. They provided really good information on what to do in Lijiang and surrounding areas and were able to help with booking transportation. The hostel is located in the old town but away from the busy areas so you can get a good night's rest. The beds were comfortable and there are lockers to keep your stuff safe. The only slight negative is that the shower was blocked in my room which let to some inconvenience, but you may be able to find a different bathroom to use.

Great hostel, cosy and friendly. Staff were very friendly and spoke great english which helps a lot. Had a great stay and would stay there again if i ever went back to Lijiang. =)

thanks to hump hostel, especially the staff named 'K' to let us remain a good memory about lijiang. well it's location is pretty cool, not that noisy at night time so that you can easily fall asleep(but there're some endurable noise from people walking along the street). the staff there was so kind so we had a nice dinner together. even the dinner was on her! the atmosphere there was so cozy. facilities were good. can't use wifi in room but can use in downstairs.

very nice owner with good location, near the downtown but no need suffering for noisy and crowded

I would stay here again next time.

excellent staff, very helpful with direction, query, and shuttle bus arrangement. we were not sure the location of the hotel, as google map wasn't load properly with china's internet :( after walking around like forever, asking around, and staring at street name.. a kind fellow helped us to call them, and timeless staff picked us somewhere in old town.

Great hostel in Lijiang. Good point to base yourself for two nights to explore the city and then book the shuttle van to the Tiger Leaping Gorge from there. I traveled alone and was a bit weary to book the shuttle van, but I met so many people from the van once we started hiking and it was really easy to make travel buddies. Also no issue with the luggage being transported to Tina's guesthouse for free. I would advise though to tell customers going on to Shangri-La about the drop-off location.

The owner was really polite. Loved the curtains around the dorm beds. The bathroom was so clean and modern. Was enjoyable to have a shower with hot water! The WiFi was okay and the rooftop was nice to sit on, especially at night. One of the staff there called Rebecca was very polite and we had some good conversations. The hostel helped me book my bus tickets and tiger trek bus tickets. Really helpful.

Good hostel with dedicated staff. Helped me get a bus ticket for Tiger Leaping Gorge the evening for the day after. A bit far from center. Cool vibe.

Probably one of the best hostels i have stayed. In the old town, but not in crowded place. Staff was very helpful and Rebecca the sunshine on a cloudy day.

We spent 3 nights at timeless hostel, and we can say it's the best hostel we found during our trip in south China. We arrived Very late in the night and the guy came to pick us up along the road. All the staff is very kind and helpful, for every kind of information. Sara came with us until the road to find a taxi, at 5.30 am! Adam, the barman, is great! The hostel has a lot of space for chatting, and a very beautiful terrace where to get relax. Absolutely raccomandable.

Its a really great hostel that is located within the old town but in a fair distance from the busy awful streets of the old town! There's also lots of places nearby to eat good food! Lijiang is worth a visit for a couple of days no more (too touristy) but the hostel makes the city more enjoyable. The staff are very friendly and helpful and they can help you with booking bus or train tickets.

Average/good hostel: staff is ok but not super efficient. Their restaurant Robin's dinner is quality. Don't bother going to an other restaurant in the same street as it is more expensive and less tasty.

Good place to stay

Our stay here was very short but from what we saw we liked. The building is lovely. There is a pretty courtyard to sit in and also an upper seating area which has an amazing view of the mountains. The room are nice and are a good size! It's situated perfectly on the outskirts of the old town. We found the area nice and relaxed and not too busy which we were pleased about. There are plenty of places to grab local food, there is a bar and restaurant attached. We would definitely stay here again.

Vey helpful staff. Gave great information on Tiger Leaping gorge and helped us change our travel plans because of the info they gave us!

the staffs are not friendly at all, would answer your questions properly though, but no extra help. locations fine. hair dryers on the reseption, just 2 or 3, can't find one late in the night. rooms clean but dark. water is hot. overall the basic facilitie is ok. it is good if you just want a place to sleep, value for money.

Thank you for your comment ,really. We're just wondering what is the EXTRA help? We do have hair dryer more than 3 ! Our opinion is if very one could return the hair dryer after using they will be enough . Anyway just like you said " Value of money" .thanks!

The Timeless hostel was great. I was only using Lijiang as a jumping off point to go on to Tiger Leaping Gorge and then Haba Snow Mountain. I was able to leave some things for the week while away which helped lighten my load. Upon return, although I wasn't staying the night, the staff still helped me find the correct buses and route to get to the train station. Great place! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Lijiang.

The conditions were fine globally. I just foud the staff not extremely helpful and a bit lazy when it comes to give information or services. Besides, it's the only hostel I went to in China where the towels were not for free.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Greece

Thanks for staying with us and give us a comment.We appreciate your suggestions for our work.Our staff tried our best to help you,picked you up when you got lost in deep night,help you book the bus to Tiger Leaping Gorge, help you cancel the bus and book it again as your demand.We are always glad to help our guests and will make the service better.For the towels,we do have free towels for PRIVATE room,not Dorm.Its a convention in HOSTEL.BTW,you forgot to pay the towels you rental.

Great and very helpful staff. A bar next door had a life singer one night till quite late, part of the atmosphere I am afraid. Clean facilities and amazing banana pancake shop few houses from the hostel. The psb office in Lijiang does visa extensions in two days, filled in the necessary docs Wednesday evening 17:35 and could pick up the new visa Friday morning 08:30. Great psb officer.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4