Timeless Hostel Reviews

Wen Ming Lane No.63 , Wu Yi Street, Old Town Dist, Lijiang, China

Can be a bit loud, nice & helpful staff. Breakfast is bad. Location is near the centre of the old town, but not exactly in the core, so not too busy.

• 25th Jul 2014

Very nice hostel!! We stayed in the triple room and it was awsome! Beautiful views, nice staff, quiet location... really good!

A beautiful hostel! The staff were rally really friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend it.

Nice and helpful staff. They apologized for keeping you waiting, which is rare in China. Location is good. In the Old Town, but away from the noise and terrible crowd.

A great hostel a short walk from the centre of the old town. This is a massive advantage as it's significantly quieter in the evenings, but still has some nearby restaurants and shops. Staff were very helpful, particularly with organising trips to tiger leaping gorge and ongoing transport. The restaurant that is part of the hostel isnt so great but there's lots of other options very close by. Overall a good little place!

Don't know enough about the area to give top stars for everything, but we were very happy with their personal service and the 3rd floor room we got for 3 people w/ private bath was super nice and a great value. Nice, busy, tiny narrow street location but as we were just there to crash and leave next morning can't rate location accurately.

• 18th Jul 2014

Super hostel with super stuff, pool table, restaurant, right in the old town, close to big street though, very welcoming

Great location, a little outside the crowded area but still very close walking distance. The rooms are very nice and clean. They have bike location and lift for tiger leaping gorge and dragon mountain, wich is very helpfull I would defenitly stay there again.

Situated on the northwestern edge of the old city, it is a little complicated to get to from the train station. However the staff were super friendly, even going so far as to pick me up and guide me from the petrol station (the taxi drop off point!). Stayed in a four bed dorm, extremely clean and decent sized lockers. Very peaceful and away from the bustling old city. Helped me organise my trip to Tiger Leaping Gorge and fed and watered me when I got back. Great place and lovely staff!

kind staff and great atmosphere

Staff is very helpful and kind. Thanks!!!

A very homely feel, within walking distance to happening stuff in the old village, easy access to a main road. Lovely room and balcony for seating outside on the top deck.

The staff are great at helping to plan buses, or trips to the Tiger Leaping Gorge. The location at the edge of the old town is PRIME. They will even come meet you at the old town gate to make sure you find the place. The lockers are huge, so I never worried about any of my stuff. It is clean, and has everything you need. I would definitely stay here again.

This hostel is in a nice location a little farther away from the late night noise of the central old town. They do have a 2-6 (7?) am lockout which wasn't really a problem but would have been nice to know before booking. The staff have lots of great advice, they even helped me out of a couple of tight spots. One of the cleanest bathroom facilities I've ever seen in China which I think is saying something. Met some good people here. I'd stay again.

Great place with an excellent bar featuring a physics defying pool table ;) Staff are really helpful and the internet is decent.

I loved the staff here! They made me feel ridiculously welcome. It was also rather easy to meet people here between the small but open common sitting area and the organized bus trip to Tiger Leaping Gorge. It's a little farther from the center of the old city, but honestly that's a plus. You DON'T want those crowds outside your window! Great bar as well!

Timeless hostel was definitely a highlight of my five-week stay in China. Although the initial search for the exact location of the place is tiring, a drink or two at the small but cozy timeless bar upon entering washes away all your lassitude. I stayed at a double room on the third floor, which they just renovated, and the view is amazing. Overall, I would recommend this hostel to any individual or group.

They changed name from Panba to TImeless. I had days in Panba many years before and it was very happy time, but the new timeless is also very cool, the food is amazing in the new bar. I also went to some other place and I feel here is the best.

Located in a relatively (!) quiet area of Lijiang, but still quite loud at night. Could be a bit difficult to find in the first day, but actually not that difficult to find. Rooms are ok (stayed in two different twin rooms), hot shower good, wifi working pretty well. Breakfast available from very early in the morning. Reservations for various other areas of Yunnan also available. Staffs are nice too.

It' very nice experience in my trip. The staffs are also helpful, I met some problems but they tried diffenent ways and methods to help me fix it. and appreciate for Robin's food and Adam's beer. Very nice to meet you.

• 14th Jun 2014