Timeless Hostel Reviews

Wen Ming Lane No.63 , Wu Yi Street, Old Town Dist, Lijiang, China

Efficient & attentive staffs; room & beds are comfortable. Only 2 comments: 1) please inform the staff if you'd like the room cleaned up. They don't do it automatically. 2) If you're taking the shuttle to TLG (very convenient by the way) & carrying luggage with wheels; please ask the staff to take the shorter way on the left side of the hotel. Closer to the main street & easier to wheel your luggage all the way to the bus stop (not very easy on the cobbled streets of the old town).

This is I think the best hostel we ever stayed in China. Nice admosphere, very clean and new rooms with great view and very helpful staff! Allen was of great help with picking us up where the taxi driver dropped us, and arranging shuttle bus to the Tiger Leaping Gorge. Breakfast and sandwiches as lunch were very good as well. Location is in the old town, but in a more quiet area which makes it very comfortable to stay. We really would recommend this place! Btw, this is the renamed Panba Hostel!

Helpful staff in preparation for tiger leap gorge. Located away from the tourist frenZy in old town. Took the staff recommendation to rent a bike to shuhu and baisha and it was well worth it.

Staff is very helpful for me who can't speak Chinese. As you know it's hard to survive in China if you don't know Chinese but staff is very helpful and very friendly. Hostel is close to the old town. Just 10 mins by walk and you can go to the Black Dragon pool by walk also. Value for money.

Stayed at timeless hostel for 3 nights. Staff were very helpful in helping us find our way to Tiger Leaping Gorge and around Lijiang. The hostel is clean and secure. I would definitely recommend staying in Timeless Hostel!

The only setback is no sound proof between rooms on top floor. We can hear conversation and noise from next door clearly.

Very good location, just at the edge of the old city. Away from the crowd and near the exit to the city. We stayed in 2 different rooms. Both of them big and comfortable. One room had very comfortable bed, big windows and great view but a little noisy (music from the bars) and the other had too hard beds and no air (small window). If you don't mind the noise ask for the rooms upstairs apptoaching the street.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Israel

Quite possibly my favourite hostel, and I've...been to a few. Several reasons for this: -the staff are wonderful, and will help you with absolutely anything you need (Thanks Alan, you beauty!) -the location is perfect; far enough away from the hustle and bustle of central Ancient Town, but close enough to get there, walking, in 15 minutes -the facilities are great -they are very fairly managed (e.g. if you're doing an overnight T.L. Gorge hike, they'll give you your money back and store bags

• 1st Oct 2014

A good detail: beds in dorms have curtains so you can have your little space with some privacy. I have never seen that in any hostel (only in warships). Staff is helpful and very friendly, specially "Mr. Nice Guy" Alan. Delicious and affordable food in the restaurant. Common area is a bit small but there is a terrace in the roof top, ideal to chill out.

I am very happy to stay Timeless hostel . it is clean and comfortable especially the toilet and shower room. and very helpful staff there.

Well run hostel. Nicely situated in old town. staff professional. Good sandwich to take on hike to the Gorge.

super friendly and helpful staffs (they even wait till 1am cuz i stayed overtime in the bar) warm and comfortable bed and nice hot shower

Highly recommended, great location (15 min walk to centre of old town) and lovely staff. Easy transport to tiger leaping gorge and they even offer a luggage service where you can have your luggage left at a hostel at the end of the hike (Tina's) if you're going on to shangri-la after tiger leaping gorge otherwise free luggage storage at timeless if you're returning to lijiang.

Location is good being in the old town but at the quieter end away from the hoards of Chinese tourists. Alan was very helpful and friendly and also they were flexible with bookings etc. They also arranged the bus to the tiger leaping (through Tina's guesthouse) and walked us to the bus and made sure the driver left out luggage along Tina's guesthouse at the tiger leaping gorge trail.

We had one of the en suite rooms on the top floor. It was modern, clean, well decorated and maintained (except for the clothes rail which was hanging off the wall). The location is close enough to the centre of the old town but far enough out to be quieter. Staff were fantastic, incredibly helpful nothing was too much trouble for them. We arranged our buses to both Tiger Leaping Gorge and Kunming through the hostel which was very easy and convenient.

This place is great. What makes it a fantastic hostel is the staff; they are all so incredibly helpful and so friendly. A special mention to Allen who is THE man. Best guy, had some brilliant conversations. The rooms are spacious with big lockers. And the bathrooms are very clean. Powerful hot showers. Met a lot of travellers here, as the social areas are great. Definitely recommend.

Very nice place, beautiful double rooms and great staff.

The hostel is located on the east side of the city, so it was very nice and quite. The staff was extremely helpful. One of the receptionists not only woke up early so I could check out at 6am, but she also walked me to the shuttle pick up stop and stayed with me until the minivan showed up (late!). One thing I noticed was that the bathroom never had any soap, but I was too lazy to ask the front desk about it. Would stay here again :)

The staffs in The Timeless was so helpful, specially Allean, he showed me all the info that I need, and found the best opts for me to save money and had a great trip. The Timeless is the best place to meet people. I had the great friends to travel to The Tiger Leap Gorge with me. Highly recommend you to stay here.

Very helpful arranged early taxi for us to airport for very early flight.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4