Timen's House

Rating 231 Total Reviews

• Spain, Female, 18-24
30th Aug 2017
8.0

Great staff and atmosphere, well connected via metro to the sights and downtown of the city. Totally worth for what it costs!

• USA, Female, 18-24
21st Aug 2017

I am a young African American woman who tried this for the very first time. They where really nice! I would go to them again! Just make sure you pay for your stay in cash and show them your plane ticket or however you got there ticket. For 7 night I payed them up front $175 and that's it! I plan to stay there again when I go apartment hunting!

• cannonu4342
  • Ireland, Female, 18-24
12th Aug 2017

We stayed one night at the lovely Timen's house. The staff were very welcoming and ensured that our stay was pleasant. The location of the hostel was great and close to public transport links. The rooms were clean, air conditioned and there was kitchen facilities available. The hosts were kind enough to allow us to leave our luggage with them after we had checked out. We would not hesitate to return.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
12th Aug 2017
2.0

reserved but arrived and decided not to check in..... this is just a house in a semi sketchy area, no hostel signage the people who own it were really shady when I asked if they lived there, the shadiness and the fact that they only accept cash makes me think they're not operating legally. they were also rude

• USA, Male, 25-30
11th Aug 2017

This was my sixth hostel stay experience and I have to say that Timens house made it into my top 2 rather quickly. I love love LOVE, the type of residents that this particular hostel attracts and the owners are incredibly hospitable. There sense of humor was definitely a bonus lol. The only downside was the wait time to use the bathroom and the fact that there wasn't a washer on site. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Timens and I'm quite certain that it'll be my first choice next time I visit L.a

31st Jul 2017
4.9

This hostel only accepts cash and will charge you $5 extra a night if you're American. At the time I booked that information was not online. The owner got very angry when I brought this up and told me I could go to another hostel. My recommendation is that everyone should just go to another hostel.

30th Jul 2017

Very clean. Owners nice and helpful. Do not trust all the reviewd from other people. It's very pleasant.

• actormicah8028
  • USA, Male, 31-40
21st Jul 2017
3.4

This place was not clean at All! I understand, respect& get the reasons why people who have to stay there do BUT....i couldn't even stay there Unhappy to say that I was unhappy with the place.

• USA, Male, 41+
8th May 2017

A decent place to stay. Local to a main train and bus station. Mike and Natalia are attentive hosts. I would stay again.

18th Apr 2017
2.0

They refused to let me in. The man on the phone was quite rude and challenging despite that I paid for the stay. "You should read everything ... try to find any hostel that will agree to take you in.." well, I went to another hostel and it was all cool. Also, I am going to check with the ACLU if you can bar guests of a certain age. Based on my experience, find another place to stay.

×