Timen's House Reviews

5947 Tujunga av., North Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

This is not hostel,this is paradise.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Russia

I've been to a few hostels and this is by far the worse. In fact its not even a hostel really just a house with as many bunk beds they can cram into a living area (including the kitchen) as they can. We booked for two people and were told after we had paid them that we'd be separated into different areas. People there were nice, owners were nice as well, but overall it was a pretty horrible experience. I wasn't expecting much from a hostel but this was well below expectations. Not worth it

• 3rd Sep 2014

The absolute best experience I've had in a hostel! I've never worried about myself or my things, definitely stop by if you're in LA!

• 24th Aug 2014

The owner told us never to leave our belongings out of sight, as the place is full of weirdos hanging out and smoking all day. Most of them seemed to be long-term tenants. However, at least the neighborhood seemed safe... Timen and his wife are really friendly and welcoming, but alas the place is suffering from bad management. The facilities (including mattress and bedsheets) were really dirty. I would not recommend this hostel, even if you're on a budget.

The place is cheap, but very dirty. The whole estate is weird. All rooms are connected and some people where sleeping in a bunk in the kitchen.

• 23rd Aug 2014

This hostel is horrible!!!!!!!!! The description on website is nothing match with reality! They are big liar!!!! And the hostel owner even threaten me for cancellation!!!!! And the place around the hostel is very very very dangerous!!!!! If you want to be safe, do not book this hostel, this place the worst experience that I've ever had!!!!!!! I ran away and booked another motel even though the house owner won't let me cancel the reservation, then you can image how bad the situation is.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • China

Despite our booking and reservation via hostelworld, we were greeted by a lady only to tell us that there was no such reservation and therefore we had no place to sleep in Los Angeles.

It is a very good hostel. I would recommend it to anyone that is visiting the area. The owners are very kind and accommodating.

• 30th Jul 2014

The people who stay here are mostly long timers, not too many travelers. I had a bunkmate who was having a feud with the landlord when I arrived. Not the vibe I was looking 4. There's a TV in each room, which I don't like. The rooms are interconnected so even though it says you have a room with 4 beds, there's people from other rooms walking in your "room" since your room could be a living room or the kitchen. I'm surprised they didn't make a closet a room. As they say, u get what you pay 4.

The service whilest at Timens was xtremely good an very loyal an helpful when need be. The only issue was smoking/weed an occasional dis-appearing money an minor things. Other was an awesome an relaxing place, close by with plenty in Hollywood too do

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

TV in the room, you cannot sleep well , somebody watch TV in the early morning. you can not go in , wait out for half hour, no body in the office to open the gate. no gas to boil water, no microwave.

• 8th May 2014
  • China

It was an odd mix of fellow dwellers, with a strange mood in the house.

Scary people and didn't live up to the deals we made. Tough neighborhood.

The people who stay here are actually very nice and pleasant people. Sorry if you feel that LA is a tough neighborhood. It's just how a metropolitan city is. However, our hostel is very safe and secured. A hostel is a dorm with 4 people in a room. The bed you get is the one that is available. It can be difficult to accommodate a whole room for a group. You get what is left available from reservations. You do not get your own private bathroom. You share with the unit. Perhaps a hotel?

Great place! Mike and his wife run a fun, relaxed, clean, comfortable house...great location, great people! Book now, cuz this place is hot!!!

• 13th Apr 2014

Cheapest place we could find - so pretty much as expected. Bit lacking in bathrooms and not terribly clean - but absolutely fine if you're just passing through. Bit of a hike from the metro.