Timen's House Reviews

5947 Tujunga av., North Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA

Great place! Mike and his wife run a fun, relaxed, clean, comfortable house...great location, great people! Book now, cuz this place is hot!!!

• 13th Apr 2014

First of all, this isn't really a hostel, it's simply a house with many bunk beds (including in the kitchen). They willingly leave people to smoke weed in the backyard and none of the doors are ever locked. Literally anyone from the street can walk up to your bed without a problem. The bathroom was clean and shower was very nice, but you share this with 12 people. There isn't an option of a check-in past 10pm, so if you arrive late - tough luck! The neighborhood is dodgy! Owners are very nice!

when I arrived to the hostel around 10pm, they told be that all the reservation where cancel and the place was full. they didnt let me use internet to find a place.

We booked a dormitory at Timen's house for 3 days. We also received a confirmation. At the airport we called from the information centre to this hostel to see how we could get there with public transport. On the telephone we had a person, very rude and very impolite. She said that our booking was cancelled. And that was it. We called again to see what went wrong, to sort it out, with the confirmation number in our hand, but no, no discussion. Now were waiting for hostelworld to refund our money.

• 9th Mar 2014

My stay at the Timen House was really awesome! The owner and his wife are super nice people and the place itself is really chill. It was a good atmosphere throughout plus it's in a good spot to where you can walk to everything. They had a beautiful garden full of apple trees and orange trees that we picked and ate fresh! I really enjoyed the stay, two thumbs up!!

• 18th Feb 2014

This is my first time staying here, my experience was pleasant. I am a smoker and the owner of the hostel has provided a dedicated smoking area, as well as non smoking areas. The kitchen and bathroom facilities are adequate, and the hosts provide bedding and towels. There are TVs in every room for those who like TV. Recommended for other travellers looking for a cheap, quiet place to stay.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Slovakia

Timen's House Hostel is conveniently located in North Hollywood near two trains and several bus routes. It only took me 15 - 20 min to take the train to the Hollywood Blvd Strip and 30 - 35 min to Downtown. The staff is very friendly and made me feel welcome like if I was at home. There was no curfew or period of time in which I was required to be out of the facility, unlike some other hostels in the Los Angeles County area. I plan on staying here again the next time I visit Los Angeles.

• 17th Feb 2014

Affordable accommodation near a reasonable walk from North Hollywood train station. Good hearted owners made me feel welcome and met a number of lovely and interesting guests. Louise

• 14th Feb 2014