Timen's House

6.5
Good 224 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 25-30
11th Aug 2017

This was my sixth hostel stay experience and I have to say that Timens house made it into my top 2 rather quickly. I love love LOVE, the type of residents that this particular hostel attracts and the owners are incredibly hospitable. There sense of humor was definitely a bonus lol. The only downside was the wait time to use the bathroom and the fact that there wasn't a washer on site. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Timens and I'm quite certain that it'll be my first choice next time I visit L.a

31st Jul 2017
4.9

This hostel only accepts cash and will charge you $5 extra a night if you're American. At the time I booked that information was not online. The owner got very angry when I brought this up and told me I could go to another hostel. My recommendation is that everyone should just go to another hostel.

• barayahi
  • USA, Female, 41+
30th Jul 2017

Very clean. Owners nice and helpful. Do not trust all the reviewd from other people. It's very pleasant.

• actormicah8028
  • USA, Male, 31-40
21st Jul 2017
3.4

This place was not clean at All! I understand, respect& get the reasons why people who have to stay there do BUT....i couldn't even stay there Unhappy to say that I was unhappy with the place.

• USA, Male, 41+
8th May 2017

A decent place to stay. Local to a main train and bus station. Mike and Natalia are attentive hosts. I would stay again.

18th Apr 2017
2.0

They refused to let me in. The man on the phone was quite rude and challenging despite that I paid for the stay. "You should read everything ... try to find any hostel that will agree to take you in.." well, I went to another hostel and it was all cool. Also, I am going to check with the ACLU if you can bar guests of a certain age. Based on my experience, find another place to stay.

18th Apr 2017
6.3

Natalie is super nice.. But having to come up with $25 in cash was confusing, as I thought I could pay by card and should have only had $22 left after having paid a $3 deposit online. All rooms are through-rooms, which means you have to walk through a dorm to either get to another room and/or to the bathroom and/or kitchen. It keeps disturbing people and the already limited privacy becomes an issue. People arriving at all hours (1 am & 5:20 am) did not make it any better.

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
16th Apr 2017

Dear reader, I stayed at Timen's house for 10 days and enjoyed a great stay. Michael and Natalia are excellent people and helpful. Also made Some great friends from different parts of the United States and the world. Kind regards, Brian

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Mar 2017

Lovely caring owners and nice room mates. Amenities close by and tube station ten mins walk away. Would stay again :).