Timur Guesthouse

Very Good 187 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Sep 2017
5.7

We didn't get any blankets or toilet paper, nobody around to ask, and the beds were extremely uncomfortable. The facilities were very minimal and not in a good way. Mat was nice and helpful although the ferry tickets he sold us were useless and we had a problem at the pier. He had a great collection of movies but we wouldn't stay there again.

• Croatia, Male, 31-40
2nd Sep 2017

Matt is great host and location of his house is just 5 minutes walking from all important sights you want to see during your stay in K. Bharu. Don't miss to visit a great night market with local full-flavored meals.

25th Jul 2017

Brilliant stay at Timur Guesthouse, Mat, the owner, is so friendly and helpful, if you dont know what to do he'll have plenty of recommendation. Nice common area with a tv to watch movies if you want a chilled night in. Good location

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd Jul 2017

Basic hostel close to the bus station. Good for a night. Very friendly and helpful staff. Beds surprisingly comfy considering they are very old, creaky and wobbly. Pleasant stay.

• janxiong3072
  • Singapore, Male, 18-24
8th Jul 2017
8.0

Timur Guesthouse is conveniently located near the bus station and within walking distance from many sights in Kota Bharu, and once you get bored, Mat, the friendly and helpful host, would always have movies on hand to keep you occupied. I do, however, wish that the toilet was cleaner than it was, and also that my bunk bed had a more functional ladder. There was also a peculiar smell in the dorm room, which I couldn't figure out what it was or where it came from.

4th May 2017

Overall good place. Its cheap, and a good temporary place to be before jumping to the perhentian islands close by. The guy running the place was helpful with travel plans. Watched my bag while I was at the islands, and gave me his number to text since the islands don't have good service.

• andrewsjemily5472
  • England, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
28th Apr 2017
5.4

When I arrived at Timur I was the only guest, and the host looked surprised to see me despite my booking. The set-up is simple, after having a shower I noticed insects in the mattresses and decided I didn't want to stay there so I packed up again and left. Dissapointing.

22nd Apr 2017
7.1

An extremely basic hostel. The hosts were amazing, super-friendly (though their friend seemed to do more of the guest-handling) and willing to answer questions and make you feel comfortable, but the facilities were sufficient, at most. It felt more like staying in someone's place than in a hostel, with the friendliness of the staff and the casual atmosphere of the place. Still, it was clean and had a bed, small kitchenette area and shower.

×