Timur Guesthouse Reviews

Lot 284-B Ting, TKT 2 Jalan Tengku Maharani, Kota Bharu, Malaysia

I stayed for one night before I headed to the islands. I payed a bit extra and got my own room. Free wifi and a fairly comfortable bed, the rooms are very hot but that is the same everywhere in Asia. The guy that works here Matt is really nice and I enjoyed sitting and chatting to him. He was helpful in telling me how to get to the jetty for my boat in the morning

We stayed there for one night on our way to the Perhentian Islands and it was everything that we needed for that purpose!

This place is so cool I went twice. The atmosphere is nice and chilled - I usually just sleep but there's always a movie to watch and a nice area to sit. If you go on Tuesday you can go play rooftop futsal as well which was fun. The dorm is decent, nice shower, friendly staff. I recommend.

Nice place. Fairly basic but good location. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable. Close to the bus station.

Very cheap reasonable price for stay. Very kind and so kindly staff especially Matt and Zeck too much helping me at time I stay. I will stay Timur Guesthouse if I come back to Kota Bharu soon. Security good got safety locker. The shower cold I like it. Near to bus station and easy to get some food. Highly recommended.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

When I got there, nobody was there. I finally ended alone in this place. Black walls, no window, staff members discussing all night long, unable to provide advice, and even gave me wrong information about the train (they said I didn't need to book a ticket, which was wrong, so when I arrived at the train station the following day everything was fully booked). Plus the taxi they had booked for me never showed up.

just a one night stop before heading to the perhentians, seemed ok, bed was clean and didn't see any bedbugs, walls all painted very dark grey which was quite oppressive in a small dorm room, door would shut without it being locked, no lockers in the dorm, staff very helpful in sorting out onward travel-can buy cheaper ferry ticket here than at the jetty.

Timur Guesthouse is a quiet, little hostel. The manager is very nice and helpful!! You can choose between a large collection of DVDs to watch. Dorm and bathroom were clean. Although I didn't like Kota Bharu that much, I had a good stay at Timur Guesthouse!

Excellent location (within walking distance from bus station). This is an ideal place to stay if you're coming from Perhentian on your way somewhere else or vice versa. The city is worth visiting, at least for a day.

The water pressure a bit low. The bunks are spacious. Perfect location with cheap price. Value for money.

Excellent value for money. Staff was very helpful, we arrived at 8am and they still gave us a room straight away. Downside: staff had the TV on quite loudly during nighttime, this disturbed us a bit because of the paper thin walls in Malaysian houses.

we stayed one night, very happy with that hostel! Locker provided for free, WIFI is very good. Bed is good. Comfortable!

View all Kota Bharu Bed and Breakfasts