Timur Guesthouse

• janxiong3072
  • Singapore, Male, 18-24
8th Jul 2017
8.0

Timur Guesthouse is conveniently located near the bus station and within walking distance from many sights in Kota Bharu, and once you get bored, Mat, the friendly and helpful host, would always have movies on hand to keep you occupied. I do, however, wish that the toilet was cleaner than it was, and also that my bunk bed had a more functional ladder. There was also a peculiar smell in the dorm room, which I couldn't figure out what it was or where it came from.

4th May 2017

Overall good place. Its cheap, and a good temporary place to be before jumping to the perhentian islands close by. The guy running the place was helpful with travel plans. Watched my bag while I was at the islands, and gave me his number to text since the islands don't have good service.

• andrewsjemily5472
  • England, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
28th Apr 2017
5.4

When I arrived at Timur I was the only guest, and the host looked surprised to see me despite my booking. The set-up is simple, after having a shower I noticed insects in the mattresses and decided I didn't want to stay there so I packed up again and left. Dissapointing.

22nd Apr 2017
7.1

An extremely basic hostel. The hosts were amazing, super-friendly (though their friend seemed to do more of the guest-handling) and willing to answer questions and make you feel comfortable, but the facilities were sufficient, at most. It felt more like staying in someone's place than in a hostel, with the friendliness of the staff and the casual atmosphere of the place. Still, it was clean and had a bed, small kitchenette area and shower.

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Mar 2017
7.7

Really good location. Close to the bus station so great for a stop over trip. Matt is really friendly and helpful when it comes to onward travel and accommodation in the perhentians. I will stay again on my return journey

• England, Female, 18-24
28th Feb 2017
7.1

Nice little hostel, and the owner is lovely. We were the only ones staying though so it was a little quiet!

• Singapore, Couple, 25-30
1st Feb 2017

We only stopped over in Kota Bahru but the day markets were so amazing! Timur is close to the food and markets and Mat was very friendly.