Timur Guesthouse Reviews

Lot 284-B Ting, TKT 2 Jalan Tengku Maharani, Kota Bharu, Malaysia

Don´t know why the others voted tthis hostel so bad. The host is really nice and help you as much as possible and there are lockers for safety.

When I asked staff what was recommended to see I was given the response of "I don't know". I returned from walking around town to find everything was left open and unlocked, and no staff were present at all! When I checked in I asked for a taxi to be booked for the next morning (early flight, needed 6am taxi) and confirmed that night (although he seemed confused), no taxi arrived that morning.

Its an excellent hostel for a one night stay. the host was really friendly en helpful. It had a cosy commonroom and the location was good. It was located in the midle of the center. The rooms where a little bith smelly and hot. because they were only fan cooled.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Laid back atmosphere, nice selection of dvd's. styling might not be everybody's taste, very dark. Mat, the manager is great, provides a map upon arrival with directions to points of interest. I also got to join him with his friends for futsal, thanks again for the invite. Only criticism : the bunkbeds and mattresses in the dorm need replacing sooner rather than later.

Laid back atmosphere, nice selection of dad's. styling might not be everybody's taste, very dark. Mat, the manager is great, provides a map upon arrival with directions to points of interest. I also got to join him with his friends for futsal, thanks again for the invite. Only criticism : the bunkbeds and mattresses in the dorm need replacing sooner rather than later.

Good room but could do with some better quality sheets. helpful staff. close to center of town

I stayed for one night before I headed to the islands. I payed a bit extra and got my own room. Free wifi and a fairly comfortable bed, the rooms are very hot but that is the same everywhere in Asia. The guy that works here Matt is really nice and I enjoyed sitting and chatting to him. He was helpful in telling me how to get to the jetty for my boat in the morning

We stayed there for one night on our way to the Perhentian Islands and it was everything that we needed for that purpose!

This place is so cool I went twice. The atmosphere is nice and chilled - I usually just sleep but there's always a movie to watch and a nice area to sit. If you go on Tuesday you can go play rooftop futsal as well which was fun. The dorm is decent, nice shower, friendly staff. I recommend.

View all Kota Bharu Bed and Breakfasts