Timur Guesthouse

• andrewsjemily5472
  • England, Female, 25-30
28th Apr 2017
5.4

When I arrived at Timur I was the only guest, and the host looked surprised to see me despite my booking. The set-up is simple, after having a shower I noticed insects in the mattresses and decided I didn't want to stay there so I packed up again and left. Dissapointing.

22nd Apr 2017
7.1

An extremely basic hostel. The hosts were amazing, super-friendly (though their friend seemed to do more of the guest-handling) and willing to answer questions and make you feel comfortable, but the facilities were sufficient, at most. It felt more like staying in someone's place than in a hostel, with the friendliness of the staff and the casual atmosphere of the place. Still, it was clean and had a bed, small kitchenette area and shower.

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Mar 2017
7.7

Really good location. Close to the bus station so great for a stop over trip. Matt is really friendly and helpful when it comes to onward travel and accommodation in the perhentians. I will stay again on my return journey

• England, Female, 18-24
28th Feb 2017
7.1

Nice little hostel, and the owner is lovely. We were the only ones staying though so it was a little quiet!

• Singapore, Couple, 25-30
1st Feb 2017

We only stopped over in Kota Bahru but the day markets were so amazing! Timur is close to the food and markets and Mat was very friendly.

14th Jan 2017

Just the best hostel. Ticks all the boxes. Mat, Ivan and everyone that was there were just so nice and hospitable. They took me out for food, gave me suggestions as to where to go in the area, everything. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Good vibes and can't wait to see you all again soon!!