8.4
Fabulous 146 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 146 Total Reviews
Timur Guesthouse Located at No 375 TKT 2B, JLN Tengku Maharani, Kota Bharu.
Malaysia
Kota Bharu 15000 No 375 TKT 2B, JLN Tengku Maharani
84% 146
6.1291300 102.2414624
    Rooms available

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
26th Aug 2016

I stayed 3nights in Mat's guesthouse. He's incredibly nice and willing to help you enjoy your stay. I would say everything was perfect except the quality of he bed (dormitory) which hurts your back since they're old and the mattress are worn. I arrived at 7am after a night bus, mat offered me to sleep for free in a private room to wait until my check-in in the dormitory, what nice! The private room mattress is excellent!

• England, Female, 25-30
19th Aug 2016

Really helpful and friendly staff who can help sort your trip over to Perhentian easily!

4th Aug 2016

Timur Guesthouse might not win best hostel of the year but would come close to being best value for money. Everything you need, close to centre of town and the bus station, good atmosphere, clean and friendly helpful owner. Thanks Mat.

• aaronjhart
  • England, Male, 18-24
1st Aug 2016

Amazing guy running the place, Matt will help you with any questions and makes you feel welcome. Been here twice now and couldn't recommend it any more!

• Ireland, Couple, 18-24
15th Jul 2016

Nice to come back to the hostel and be able to chill and watch a movie. Mat was very helpful with everything. Literally 5 mins walk from the bus station. Definitely recommend.

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2016

We only stayed here for one night, and the atmosphere was so good, movies available and Mat was amazing, very helpful and went out of his way to help us. He definitely makes the hostel!

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Jun 2016

In a very central location, clean and with free tea and coffee all day. Mat is lovely and very helpful and has a great selection of films.

15th Jun 2016
7.1

Good location close to the central bus station. Good selection of movies to watch. Building is a bit old. I did see a cockroach in the bathroom, I think some traps and a covered trashbin by the fridge would help.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I have taken your advice and purchased a bin with a lid to replace the one next to the fridge. With regards to the cockroach you saw in the bathroom, I can assure you this is a very infrequent occurance and if this was reported to me at the time I could have dealt with the situation immediately. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about the age of the building. I hope you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again in the future. Kindly, Mat

2nd Jun 2016

I stayed twice at Timur. First time I arrived at midnight and there was a bunch of guys, probably friends of the staff and I was the only guest. It was just a weird atmosphere. I though I would give it another try on the way back (had already booked).The other stay was much better. Mat was really nice and there's a lot of movies you can watch in the lounge. Overall a good value and I would stay there again.

• Finland, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016

If you go to Kota Bharu you should definitely stay here! Mat is a great guy and will make your stay there feel very comfortable. Feels like a living room where you're just hanging out with friends! Thanks Mat!