Tina's Hostel Chongqing Reviews

No.149 Zhong Xing Road, Jiao Chang Kou, Jie Fang Bei, Chongqing, China

I like the guy whose name is 琼姐, her smile is so sweet LOL and what's more she teached me NanJing language hahahha which is very interesting 😊

• 30th Oct 2014
  • China

The stuff is very nice.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • China

This place screams for renovation. There is garbage dump right in front of the path leading to the Hostel. The showers could be only worse in Auschwitz. In every room there was fungi. I still have to caught from it. Never again. Was in a 6-bed-room maybe the more expensive rooms are acceptable.

I could not find the Hostel, and that was in a taxi with a Chinese girlfriend who lived in the area helping. What's more when we rung the hostel the proceeded to hang up 4 times. When we did get through they then claimed that I did not have a booking (which I made through Hostel World paying a deposit) and said I would need to take a dorm. Do you self a favor find somewhere else.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

A fine place to stay. We had trouble getting in as our flight was delayed so we arrived at 3:30am but once in all was fine. Location is close to a metro and easy to walk to many sites. Would stay here again.

Difficult to find especially at 2 am but get what you pay for and decent for short overnight stopover. Wifi v slow as well

Honestly THE worst place we have ever stayed in, there are not enough characters in this review to explain how terrible it was! We've stayed in some bad places in Africa and India but this place is nothing in comparison. Staff don't care in any way, rooms are beyond filthy and mouldy, toilets and showers are so horrible that you would be dirter coming out of them. Really not worth your money staying here.

I think we were a little bit unlucky with our stay, because Tina's Hostel really is nice, especially their roof-top terrace and good (but hidden) location. We arrived in the pouring rain, late at night, to find our booking was mixed up and we couldn't get the rooms we had ordered. In addition the showers had no hot water and the wifi didn't work at all when more than four people tried to access at the same time. They close the front gate at midnight, but can be flexible if you're not too late.

Awful hostel, room smelt of damp and no locks on the doors. Staff were friendly but unenthusiastic. Would not recommend this place to anyone.