Tip Top Hostel Reviews

Carrera 1 bis no: 12 d 78 (antigua calle 15), Barrio Candelaria City Centre, Bogota, Colombia

Felt like home!!

Management and staff were very friendly and helpful. Hints: Lock in bathroom needs attention and hooks in shower area would be helpful.

Staff were very helpful even though they spoke very little English and I myself very little Spanish. Great view of Monserrat from the courtyard!

• 13th Mar 2014

We arrived late at night, without help or information were shown our room. Room next to entrance and communal area, lots of noice, terrable matrasses, lots of hairs on the matras and we could not lock our private room. Next morning they had no information, on the map they even needed time to find where their own hostel was located, had no change because we wanted to check out and had to change the money ourselves. No effort from staff, bad negative vibe. There are plenty great other options.

Located in an area used by students and can be very noisy at weekends

Hostel is ok, breakfast is nice, but you can't get in or out of the hostel without the help of the staff, which can be anoying. Nothing special, but quite cheap, so ok overall.

Awesome value for money ratio! Cosy place, friendly staff and everything was clean. We even got a small breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 19th Feb 2014

There are 2 tiptop hostels. i was in kra 1 bis no 12d-78. The lady was not nice at all. 1.my spanish is bad, but there is no reason to get impatient with me when i have a question. i am a paying customer. 2.she didn't even know where the hostal was located on a map. 3.when i paid, she recounted the money, then blessed me, after she was unkind all the way before. it was so strange! the younger employed people were VERY nice, though, sorry for them...

We had a private room with a bathroom but the shower was not working and so had to use the communal one. The owners mother lives there and basically walks around the place from 5. 30am yelling. She was constantly hovering around us and we could not even cook without her being right beside us. When I asked for milk for my morning coffee she just yelled at me. It was a very uncomfortable environment to stay in. On a plus side the volunteers working there were quite helpful

Well this was the first place I stayed in Bogota, would defiantly recommend this hostel. The staff and owner very nice and super friendly, I only stay for one night but it was great, warm beds hot shower and good breakfast. Great value gracias por todo nos vamos pronto chicos....

• 18th Jan 2014

Friendly staff, all that you need, quick to help with any problems. Some rooms are better than others, yet all seem great still.

the hostel is ok, the staff too.........only take care if you sleep at the first floor are too cold

Too many beds in dorm. No space at all. Very quiet. No guests Broken toilet No hot water No atmosphere

Hi There. Thanks for staying with us and for your feedback. We do have more spacious rooms that are available to our guests. With the hot water issue, some of our showers are electrical and therefore you´d have to manipulate the waterflow in order for hot water to come out. Thanks again.

I stayed there during christmas, and everybody was really nice and welcoming. A great place to stay if you want to fell colombians` hospitality. No a party hostel but a great hostel!!

• 24th Dec 2013

My friend and I stayed here and LOVED it! The vibe feels a little more like a guesthouse than a hostel (which is what I prefer). It's definitely not a party hostel so it's quiet at night. The owner speaks some English but when she is not there the rest of the staff (her family) only speaks Spanish. The place was immaculate and it seemed like there was always someone out cleaning the common areas. It isn't in an unsafe location, although it is on a quiet side street so be alert. Recommended!

I enjoyed the staff alot, and the hostel was nice. My one problem would be that not many people were social, but thats not the hostels fault per se.

Nice hostel in Candelaria. I booked the dorm room and got a vrery nice upgrade, the single room. Stayed there for a week and until the moment when the room wasn't necessary for someone's else reservation, they let me stay there for the price of the dorm. Very good location, close to major attractions of central Bogota.

We stayed here for 3 nights on arriving in Bogota. The area seemed quite dodgy and being two girls we didn't feel particularly safe walking around alone. After a day or so we realised that the whole area where the hostels are mainly located is like this - you need to be alert!! We had a twin room upstairs and it was very spacious yet cosy. Highlight of this hostel, Sergio, the owners son who made our stay here. So helpful and friendly and perfect English!

Extremely generous hosts, but it can get noisy -- the doors don't provide a good seal against sounds from both inside and outside, but otherwise very cool place to stay.

What made this stay great was how friendly the staff was. The area has very many university students and it makes for a perfect place to meet people and practice your Spanish.

• 7th Nov 2013