Tipperary House Reviews

7 Parkgate St, Dublin 8, Dublin, Ireland

All perfect # excellent

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Lebanon

Great location near to town,right opposite the Guiness factory,with trams running right outside & the train station just opposite too. The only problem is that our Ryan air flight was delayed 3hrs & even though we rang to let the hostel know,there was no reply & when we arrived could'nt get in & had to sit from 2am untill about 7.30-8am in Burger King drinking coffee untill we could get in!! :( The staff v. friendly & rooms clean & we did get 21 euros off the bill for the inconvenience.

• 10th Oct 2014

Our host mark was very helpful as far as recommendations and how to get around

Clean room and bed. Location perfect for us - Pheonix park, Heuston station, a LUAS line just outside for a 7 minute ride into the city. Father of owner (taking over while owner was away) and the staff went out of their way to make stay our better. I'd stay here again

The owner of this homely hostel was very welcoming. The room was fairly sized, clean sheets and very comfortable mattress. The bathroom facilities are a little dated, but a hot shower is a hot shower, right! The walls are pretty thin so you can sort of listen into next doors conversations. There are no cooking facilities or common areas, however the breakfast was pleasant in the morning with fresh coffee, toast and breakfast things, with a helpful and interested owner to complete.

It was good, but had a slight smell of I think cigarettes. The people who run it are great though!

Hi Danica, Thanks for the feedback its much appreciated .We have a strict no smoking policy here so I hope it was not smoke you smelt but sometimes somebody will break the rules and try have sneaky smoke even though its illegal and they risk setting off the fire alarms so I must apologize if maybe thats what happened on this occasion ....theres always one !! Kind Regards Mark

Managers very kind and helpful. Located close to light rail. Security cameras on street, so added feeling of security. Next to a local pub, but not in the center of nightlife, which was to my liking. I'd stay here again.

The location was not as far as we expected, roughly 20 min to center, maybe less if you're not talking and walking without watching time like we did. The staff was great, very helpful and with great suggestions. Unfortunately we only knew about Phoenix Park and the deers on the last day, so we couldn't go, but ask about it and see if you're interested :) The room and beds were really comfy!! Breakfast was kind of basic, but nice! Great value for money overall

Good location if want to catch early train out of Heuston Station. However, if want to be near City Centre it is not a good location.

• 12th Jun 2014

The hostel was a great stay. The older gentlemen running the hostel was really enjoyable to talk to - probably my favourite for my two day Ireland adventure. Showers were better than other hostel I stayed at and the bed too.

Friendly staff, basic hostel set up and breakfast. Quiet area of the city

Nice room for the price, we got more beds than needed. Excellent staff, friendly, gave a wonderful atmosphere. We had prebooked our first night via Hostelworld and after travelling round Ireland booked also our last night. Walking distance to Temple Bar, Guiness breweries and Irelands oldest pub for anyone enjoying a beer or two. Only a few hundred meters to cheap parking at the railway station. Highly recommended! /Two sisters and a mother from Sweden

• 28th May 2014
  • Sweden
  • All Female Group, 41+

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Made to feel very welcome, especially as a lone traveller this was the most important to me. I was very impressed it created a great atmosphere where I felt very comfortable.Rooms were clean and comfortable. Would stay here again for sure. The location is also really great making getting around very easy with heuston so close. Great value for money!

• 16th May 2014
  • New Zealand

The best hostel I've ever stayed! Thank to Tom for the wonderful time staying in Tipperary!

View all Dublin Bed and Breakfasts