Tipsy Manor Reviews

333 Moon Muang Road, Soi 9, Sri Phum, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Very friendly and helpful staff including an English speaking bloke, there were building works at the time in the other rooms so not many people there so the atmosphere was not as good as it could have been. Good place to stay for a couple of nights.

I loved my stay at Tipsy Manor. The hosts take it upon themselves to make sure everyone has a good time. The hostel is not massive but has a real family vibe. I came away with a bunch of new friendships. Both nights we went out as a group with almost everyone from the hostel tagging along. There's also a really nice couch and tv set up with a ton of movies to choose from if you want to chill. Pool table too. Five minute walk to a lot of great bars. Thanks for having us!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The owners are so friendly and make sure everyone has a great time. Really sociable hostel in a great location would definitely go back. Highlight was definitely tipsy the dog....

• 10th Jul 2014

The staff was great here in terms of helping you get around the city as well as booking tours. I would recommend this hostel for sure!

Great stay at Tipsy Manor. Brutally hot at points, but we knew what we were getting into when we booked a room without air conditioning. Location was awesome and we were within close walking distance of markets, bars and taxi services. The facilities were still under renovation, but other than that had everything you would expect of a hostel.

Convenient and safe place to stay for a few days. Staff very friendly and day trips can be booked through the hostel at the lowest price. Room was warm at night but otherwise comfortable

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Love the staff at this place! They were great and so helpful! Set up all your excursions for you and answer any questions. Great location in walking distance to bar area and Sunday night market. Only complaint is that rooms were sooooo hot because there were so many people in one room. Hard to sleep in a pool of your own sweat.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. The beds all have a fan next to them with inputs as well and good lockers. Spacious dorm with individual beds which is really nice. Good distance from main part of Chiang Mai.

Such nice staff here! The location was great with a market and cafes close by. My only flaw would be that it got quite hot since there's no A/C but there are fans which help a bit. I'd still recommend this place despite the heat.

By far my favourite hostel that I stayed at in all of Thailand! Stayed in the triple A/C room. Cheap, clean, nice bathrooms, friendly and helpful English speaking staff, very reliable fast wifi, good security (front door locked at night, additional locks on rooms), A/C worked well, and awesome location for exploring the old city. The best part was Tipsy the dog, who occasionally visited. I will definitely return the next time I am in Chiang Mai.

The rooms are spacious and the beds very comfortable. This is a place to go if you want a peaceful night of rest. It's not that conducive to meeting other travelers, despite the pool table and x-box in the common room. I think if the common room were arranged differently people would be more inclined to hang out there. The location is great as it's surrounded by amazing food on all sides, but that's the case anywhere in the city.

There is a lack of atmosphere here. I stayed two nights and only met three other people. There needs to be more life!

• 28th Apr 2014

Unfortunately it is low season at the moment and at this time of year tourism goes down. Chiang Mai has been very quiet over the past few weeks and so our guest house has also been quiet. Hopefully things will pick up again like usual at the beginning of June and we'll be full again.

Staff weren't amazingly friendly, bland atmosphere, good pool table, good location. Cleanliness pretty good.

10min walk to the gate and Zoe. They provide a map and highlight a few key spots. Personal fans help but with about 10 people the air can get a bit hot and stale. No real atmosphere, but staying in a dorm you can meet people easily of course. Lockers are big too.

I really enjoyed by stay at tipsy manor, the dorm room has no bunks and the beds are very comfy. The location is great, 10 minutes walking to Tamae Gate, and in a lovely part of the inner city. The only downside for me was the heat in the room like sleeping under some sort of cover but the fleece blankets the hostel provided where way too warm, a simple sheet would be much nicer.

This was by far the best hostel we have seen Giving a score of excellent is not good enough This hostel was in a great location with friendly staff who always help out with whatever you need The rooms were very cheep, they could double the price and I would still have stayed there Our room was a fan room with three fans which where good but not as good as ac! Tipsy the dog is so friendly no one would ever need to worry about her! Overall loved this stay :) thanks team tipsy!

Very friendly and helpfull staff (who speak very good english). You get what you pay for, it's a basic hostel but it's fine! Good wifi and a common area where you can chill, watch a movie or meet other people. If you're looking for a cheap, basic, but nice place to stay i would recommend it!

would be nice to clean the dorm sometimes, rest was fine :)

• 30th Mar 2014

cons: the toilet bins are cleaned sparingly, it went at least the 3 days I was there without being changed. Due to the design of the front entrance rats do enter the ground floor at night. disgusting but I never saw them upstairs. Streets noisy in the morning Pros: awesome entertainment set up in the common room that has loads of latest movies and FIFA 14 which was great to socialize. Booked the tours easily for us. Changed the sheets and towels on request! For the price it's a decent place!

Thanks for the positive feedback we appreciate it and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. I have also noticed more pest movement on the ground floor during the night over the past few days so this morning we got pest control in to sort out the rats. Hopefully they won't be a problem any more for future guests. Toilet bins are emptied daily but as its a shared room they fill up quickly. I'll get cleaning staff to empty them twice daily from now on.

totally happy with that hostel, very helpful staff, hostel is close to everything, very small hostel, so it is easy to get to know the other guests, big television with movies and xbox, and the price is perfect

« first « Prev 1 2 3