Tipsy Manor Reviews

333 Moon Muang Road, Soi 9, Sri Phum, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This hostel was very clean, emptied the bin in the toilet twice a day which was lovely. Not much for atmosphere but for the price and cleanliness it is a wonderful hostel, also not a far walk from most places.

Had a wonderful 2 nights staying at Tipsy Manor. Great staffs especially Khunthara, she helps me in many things, where to go, what to do in town and booked all the fantastic program for me with the cheapest price!! Dorm room is spacious and clean also with the bathroom. Free towel and free coffee. Wifi was working very well in all area. I would definitely recommended!!

• 2nd Feb 2016
  • Belgium

Not the fanciest place but is great for a cheap bed and shower near the old city. Staff is great and helped us book Jungle trek and Muay Thai, and answered all our questions.

Thank you for sharing your experience of our place. I am thrilled we made such a wonderful impression. It is always wonderful to read about praise for our wonderful team of talent. Thank you again for you generous comments and please do reach out to me if I can help arrange a return visit in the future. Best and Personal Regards

Very nice hostel, clean and quite, we enjoyed staying there for a week. The staff is very nice and helpful. I would recommend the hostel for the need.

• 14th Jan 2016
  • China

As with many hostels in Chiang Mai, tipsy manor also is a tour guide center. The hostess can help make reservations for any tour you would like to take. Ask them plenty of questions if this is your first stay. Clean and well kept. No AC though, if you like AC, I would switch to another hostel, but it doesn't matter as much in Chiang Mai, nights get cool, so just open a window or turn on a fan. :)

We thank you for complimenting our service. Please accept our apologies for the issues you highlighted. Maybe you did not read all about the details of our hostel. We do provide different type of the private room with AC but your booking, you chose the one with fan. We state all the details clearly on the website. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectations. Thank you once again for your review!

Very helpful staff!

Good Internet, good staff, good location and good value. I extended my stay.

We hostel was very clean and the hot shower was a pleasure. The beds were clean, cozy and comfortable. Aircon and fan were both working. In the room were no lockers but as we were a group of 3 this wasn't a problem. The location is at the north east corner of the old city. So everything you need is in walking distance. The hostel seemed quite empty but we did more or less only spend the night in there. Staff was friendly and for a stopover for the night it was great.

Thank you for your lovely review. We're sorry for the empty atmosphere as our hostel is huge. Even though, the night that you all were here the hostel got a fully booked and all the guests went on their own way exploring and hanging out in town. Hope you enjoy staying a night with us.

The staff were friendly. Hostel is hidden behind the main road which was nice and quiet. In a good area.

The private room was huge and it had a comfortable bed. Great value for the money. Would be happy to stay here again when back in Chiang Mai. Was a cozy place to return to each night.

Good hostel overall. Lockers are broken so seems a bit pointless leaving them in the room and issuing you with a key. Receptionist super helpful, nice to have a kitchen!

Thank you for your review. As the owner I'd like to explain it that We have recently checked it and we are sure that it remains in very good condition. We hope you know how to use it correctly. Anyway, We didn't issuing you with a key for the misunderstand how to lock the locker matter.

Good hostel, liked the no bunk beds, staff were helpful, lots of space. Not a lot of atmosphere but it has potential so might just have been the people there at the time we were

Not a bad location, not much atmosphere but if you are looking for some solitude, it does the trick!

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience with us. I am so sorry that the atmosphere matter did not satisfy your needs as you had booked in a single PRIVATE for 1 night. Even though, we have got a fully booked the night you stayed and the guests went on their own way exploring and hanging out in town so that we suggest you to come back again during a very peak season for your next visit. And once again I am sincerely sorry you did not experience the wonderful time other guests have written about. Regards -Tipsy M.

great hostel! Spacy dorm with normal beds,no bunk beds. You get all the help and service you want from the lovely owner who speaks perfect English and is well interested in if her guest have a good time. good wifi.and we had free bananas to take all day. they have a big tv in the common area where you can choose out of many series and movies. Good location in the old centre.quite location but close to everything. Will come back here if I travel to Chiang mai again.

Good value for money, and I like that the dorms didn't have bunks, just beds and lots of space. My locker cabinet was broken though, and I saw at least one other one was as well so there was no way to lock up stuff. Good people staying when I was there though, so not much of an issue. Bathrooms could be cleaner, but not terrible.

Your locker wasn't broken at all as we just double check it right before we reply this review. Locker should have locked the left door first then use the key to lock it. As we have told you if something broken, you should let us know so that we can fix it straight away. For the toilet matter, as it's fully booked, we have cleaned it 4 times during day and night but we will clean it more often.Thank you your feed back and hope you had a great time staying with us.

Really enjoyed our stay here! Couldn't recommend this hostel more - clean, great staff, great location!

The hostel has all the basic amenities and the staff are helpful. I find the place quiet and restful. If you are looking for a party hostel, then this place is probably not for you.

Thank you for your lovely review. For the party atmosphere matter, we would like to explain that at the time you were here everybody at the guesthouse including staff we all went out to the bar together for 3 nights in a roll. You were always out the whole afternoon and came back when everybody already was at a bar. Anyway thank you to stay with us.

I really liked this place. Beds are comfy, it's clean, bathroom is not tiny, and there are good tours proposed. It's near restaurants and bars (go to chillout bar the owner is very cool!). The street food is not far either. The only thing I didn't like in my dorm is there are no window glasses, or curtains, it's directly to the outside so if you have problems with mosquitos you're dead!

The staff here are great. The lady that owns it is always here to make sure guests are happy and as a local she knows is wealth of information. Her english is great and she's very helpful so its easy for visitors to get anything booked/sorted through the hostel. One of the cheapest hostels iv stayed at but one of the best atmospheres, very chilled. Nice social/tv area. and its in old town, walking distance from Sunday market ect.

• 22nd Oct 2015

Right in the downtown with walking distance to night market, plenty of food around, large room, helpful staff, lounge area and kitchen, not loud at night, we would recommend a stay here.