Tipsy Manor Reviews

333 Moon Muang Road, Soi 9, Sri Phum, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great location and lovely staff. However, fan rooms way too hot and no atmosphere so unlikely to meet anyone here. No lockers or safes. Wouldn't rush back!

To dearest guest, Thank you so much for your feedback. You have booked with us for a double private room. So, nobody can't get in to your room and we ensure you that our security is very safe for the guests. As you have mentioned about the weather we provided you big three fans in your room. However, we are so sorry if it didn't help you to cool down the weather as Thailand is the tropical country and we suggest you to book A/C room for your next visit. Best Regards, Tipsy Manor

really really nice staff that helps you with everything!! located close to all sights :)

• 2nd Jun 2015

Staff here were excellent. Brilliant English as really helpful when planning trips/activities. Our first night we stayed in a fan only room and this was the worst night of our trip. The heat was unbearable. May have been to do with time of year but was extreme. We upgraded to aircon room for the next night and this was then quite pleasant. Bathrooms were clean and in good order. Good place within city walls for seeing temples etc. Empty when we stayed so no real atmosphere. Would recommend

I was heartened by your positive review of our establishment.The month of May in Thailand is one of the hottest being the hot season. I can understand your discomfort. It is extremely hot here on some nights at this time of year nothing like any of the summers you would have in UK. The rapid temperature changes can be unpredictable.It is one of the major reasons we have few clients being off or low season here.I am glad your subsequent night in air conditioned room was more pleasant.

Good place to stay for a short trip to Chiang Mai, close to the evening market and the sunday walking market. not far to walk from the more 'need to see' sights

Perfect place to stay while in Chiang Mai. Staff is as helpful as you'll find anywhere and will seriously go the extra mile for you. Located close to markets and fun places to party. The dorm is clean and comfortable. Everything works as it should. Don't hesitate to stay here!

Comfortable beds, very kind staff, clean.

Tipsy is a little gem of a hostel with clean rooms, friendly staff, and an extensive collection of tv and movies for those lazy days. I you need anything in the area, Queen Latifa can hook you up with tickets, tours, and recommendations. Te location is pretty central to the backpackers square so there's lots to do in walking distance. I recommend art lessons next door.

• 4th Mar 2015

Friendly and helpful staff, good location close to a nice market with fruits and salads. 7/11 nearby, many small restaurants. Quiet and comfy sofa with a big tv so you can watch movies :) Just don't lock your keys inside of there is no one at the desk at night or in the morning!!

Thank you for your review. Our website clearly advertises our business and hours of operation. Check in time is 2pm, check out time is 11am. Our reception desk is open 9AM to 8 PM daily and late check in service between 8 - 9.30 pm only.

Tipsy Manor was a cool place to stay. Right in Oldtown, near Zoe's with a great location. The rooms are large with single beds, not bunk beds, and there are lots of movies to watch. Tipsy's isn't the most sociable place but it is very affordable and comfortable.

De los mejores hostels en los que estuve. Por el precio no esperaba algo muy bueno en relación a lo que conocí en Tailandia, pero la verdad muy bien. Limpio, cómodo, con una muy buena sala común con pool, películas, xbox, bebidas. Una mención especial para la chica de la recepción que te ayuda en todo lo que necesites, muy buena onda. Las excursiones entre 100 y 200 mas baratos que el resto de los lugares. No dudaría en volver.

Probably the best hostel I stayed at in CM overall (I stayed in 3). The owner was great and very friendly, full of advice and local knowledge.

i arrived this hostel almost 10 pm.a guest helped me come in. but nobody was in reception. even I couldn't find telephone number to contact. i waited a few times. i couldn't stay until dawn without sleeping. so i found one empty bed in dormitory room. next in the morning I can contact the woman,owner through the phone. she blamed me about my coming inside this hostel without her permission. so I told her I am sorry. but she continually complain and angry to me. how can I stay here!

Our website clearly advertises both the phone number for our business and hours of operation. We were contacted by this gentleman and made an exception to suit him. You stated by email you would arrive by 9pm.Our staff waited 1 hr after this time for you to arrive or make contact. No such happened. Our security camera recorded your entry into the guest house at 10.31pm not 10pm as you state. We totally refute any responsibility for any upset caused to him.

Very cheap and quality hostel!!the best I have tried in Thai!

Amazing location and super cheap, the showers weren't fantastic but the value for money makes it worth staying there.

Great place with absolutely outstanding staff! Beds are comfortable, complete with your own fan, locker, lamp and power outlet. Tipsy Manor is located on a quiet street, close to everything. A great bar (Chillout Bar) is just around the corner and a great breakfast place is just a few meters further. ALSO Tipsy has great WiFi and a huge library of on-demand movies. Would recommend to anyone.

Absolutely no atmosphere. Look elsewhere if you want to make the most of your time in Chiang Mai.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Dearest Michael Esposito, As you mentioned that "absolutely no atmosphere" on the review, we are not sure that what kind of atmosphere you really need? Or it was no "atmosphere" for bringing your "visitor" to the DORM room and spent overnight with? We do try our best to make our clients happy staying at our hostel. However, we are not happy that some clients break our hostel rules and try to avoid to pay us the fine and leave a bad review on our hostel.