Tipsy Manor Reviews

333 Moon Muang Road, Soi 9, Sri Phum, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Kuntara, the host is fantastic and very friendly! She is very knowledgable and speaks amazing English so you can ask her just about anything. Very relaxed atmosphere and huge TV if you want to chill - but so much to do in chiang mai I doubt you will stay in hostel for long. Location is awesome! Close to everything but just far enough from night spot with loud music. Had private and dorm room. Dorm was better than private (cleaner and cooler)

Stayed in a dorm, comfy beds each bed has it's own fan & nightlight Owner & staff are great, organized a tour for me knew all about things to do in the area. Great location, coffee shop across the street, laundry (do it yourself or get them to) & a massage place beside it. Quite street can walk to everything.

• 19th Nov 2014

Really great hostel. The staff were excellent and knew so much about Chiang Mai! It is in a really great location and we met some good friends here. Would definitely recommend staying here to anyone who is a first timer to the city.

Loved staying here! We stayed in the dorm and then in a private fan room when we came back a week later, the rooms are basic but good. The hostel is great due to the helpfulness of the owner, ask her anything! And there is a tv with every show you could want on it! The location is about 10 mins from the centre of the old town.

Awesome hostel! Decent facilities, nice and clean, walking distance to old town and all the action. Fantastic staff! Kunthara was amazingly helpful, helped us book an overnight trek, stored our bags overnight for us and rang the people who did the trek to make sure we'd get back in time for our bus to Pai (which she also booked). On top of that she told us all the best places to see and to party. She was the best and i'd definitely stay here again. Pay the extra for a deluxe room/dorm (aircon!!)

I stayed here for 5 nights in the fan dorm and it's a great base to explore Chiang Mai from. You get a big locker for your stuff and the fans are powerful enough to make sleeping comfortable. There's a big communal area downstairs with a pool table and TV which makes meeting other travellers easy. For what you get the price is very reasonable. The staff are incredibly helpful both in terms of organising trips such as a jungle trek or simply taking you out in the evening to have a good time!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Nice Hostel! Clean, good rooms (i slept in a dorm with 8-10 beds and we had really a lot of space, with a fan, locker nd light for each person!). It has a pool table, big television with lots of movies and a really friendly atmosphere. Nice to make friends.

One big negative for me: They padlock the front door at night for security. You are given a key, but in an emergency like a fire I would not want to be on the wrong side of that padlocked door, madly scrambling to unlock it while 50 other people are behind me trying to get out too...

The atmosphere was non-existent . And be prepared to roast in the rooms as the fans are useless. On top of this, the staff are rude and didn't care in the slightest when we checked out a day early. The worst hostel we have stayed on our entire trip!!!

You claim there was no atmosphere in the place but you had a late check in arriving after 10pm and then went straight to your room. The guest house was fully booked on the day you arrived and all the guests had gone out together by the time you arrived. The following day you checked out claiming that there was no aircon in the room, you had booked a fan room which my staff explained to you but you kept telling her you had booked an aircon room. We do not have any triple aircon rooms..........

I stayed in a private room for 2 nights and the dorm for 2 nights. The private room was huge! It also had a giant private balcony but I didn't use it as it was very hot or pouring rain while I was there. The AC worked well. The dorm had no AC and all twin beds, no bunks. With no windows, it got very hot in there. It had storage lockers for your entire bag. The bathrooms were quite standard and always wet, but did have good hot shower water. The front desk was very helpful.

Very friendly and helpful staff including an English speaking bloke, there were building works at the time in the other rooms so not many people there so the atmosphere was not as good as it could have been. Good place to stay for a couple of nights.

I loved my stay at Tipsy Manor. The hosts take it upon themselves to make sure everyone has a good time. The hostel is not massive but has a real family vibe. I came away with a bunch of new friendships. Both nights we went out as a group with almost everyone from the hostel tagging along. There's also a really nice couch and tv set up with a ton of movies to choose from if you want to chill. Pool table too. Five minute walk to a lot of great bars. Thanks for having us!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The owners are so friendly and make sure everyone has a great time. Really sociable hostel in a great location would definitely go back. Highlight was definitely tipsy the dog....

• 10th Jul 2014

The staff was great here in terms of helping you get around the city as well as booking tours. I would recommend this hostel for sure!

Great stay at Tipsy Manor. Brutally hot at points, but we knew what we were getting into when we booked a room without air conditioning. Location was awesome and we were within close walking distance of markets, bars and taxi services. The facilities were still under renovation, but other than that had everything you would expect of a hostel.

Convenient and safe place to stay for a few days. Staff very friendly and day trips can be booked through the hostel at the lowest price. Room was warm at night but otherwise comfortable

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Love the staff at this place! They were great and so helpful! Set up all your excursions for you and answer any questions. Great location in walking distance to bar area and Sunday night market. Only complaint is that rooms were sooooo hot because there were so many people in one room. Hard to sleep in a pool of your own sweat.