Tipsy Manor Reviews

333 Moon Muang Road, Soi 9, Sri Phum, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

De los mejores hostels en los que estuve. Por el precio no esperaba algo muy bueno en relación a lo que conocí en Tailandia, pero la verdad muy bien. Limpio, cómodo, con una muy buena sala común con pool, películas, xbox, bebidas. Una mención especial para la chica de la recepción que te ayuda en todo lo que necesites, muy buena onda. Las excursiones entre 100 y 200 mas baratos que el resto de los lugares. No dudaría en volver.

Probably the best hostel I stayed at in CM overall (I stayed in 3). The owner was great and very friendly, full of advice and local knowledge.

i arrived this hostel almost 10 pm.a guest helped me come in. but nobody was in reception. even I couldn't find telephone number to contact. i waited a few times. i couldn't stay until dawn without sleeping. so i found one empty bed in dormitory room. next in the morning I can contact the woman,owner through the phone. she blamed me about my coming inside this hostel without her permission. so I told her I am sorry. but she continually complain and angry to me. how can I stay here!

Our website clearly advertises both the phone number for our business and hours of operation. We were contacted by this gentleman and made an exception to suit him. You stated by email you would arrive by 9pm.Our staff waited 1 hr after this time for you to arrive or make contact. No such happened. Our security camera recorded your entry into the guest house at 10.31pm not 10pm as you state. We totally refute any responsibility for any upset caused to him.

Very cheap and quality hostel!!the best I have tried in Thai!

Great place with absolutely outstanding staff! Beds are comfortable, complete with your own fan, locker, lamp and power outlet. Tipsy Manor is located on a quiet street, close to everything. A great bar (Chillout Bar) is just around the corner and a great breakfast place is just a few meters further. ALSO Tipsy has great WiFi and a huge library of on-demand movies. Would recommend to anyone.

Class TV room and big spacious room. Lovely staff who speak very good English!!

Amazing staff and good location.

Staff was really helpful, they helped me to book my bus ticket even when I was not there because of an emergency. The location is a little bit far away from the center, but it is still a walking distance. Good WIFI and a pool table downstairs :)

An acquaintance recommended this place. Really enjoyed my stay here.

Good value for money, its situated in an average location within the old city so that's good. The one lady who works at the front desk was Great, knowledgeable and very helpful with information about the city. Facilities were decent including bathrooms (maybe shower curtain would be nice) atmosphere was poor, people didn't really speak to one another. However, you can def get a good nights sleep here because its very laid back and quiet. Good choices of rests, streetfood, bars and markets nearby

• 17th Jan 2015

Thank you for your review. We will improve our service and will put the curtain in the bathroom shortly.

Kunthara who runs the hostel is extremely nice and booked our day trips as well as our bus to pai which collected us at the door, she also cooked dinner on Saturday which was delicious.

• 13th Jan 2015

I had a great stay at Tipsy Manor. Queen Latifah which is the nickname we gave the hostess (let's make it stick). She is a great person and very informative on anything you need help with. If you're looking to meet people this is the hostel for you! A good communal area with pool table and an endless digital movie collection. I would not stay anywhere else in Chiang Mai...

• 4th Jan 2015

Amazing place!! Will not stay in a different hostel when in chiang mai. The hostess from here on out will be referred to as the Queen. She was great super easy going and couldn't be more helpful. We orginally booked 3 nights and stayed for 12 because the place was just so awesome. Atmosphere could not have been better!!!

Queen Latifa (new nickname) and staff were amazing. I was meant to stay 4nights but ended up staying 8nights because the staff and location was great and Chiang Mai is just amazing. Staff were friendly and helped out all the time. All you have to do is ask. It's close to the markets and plenty of food in the area. Movie collection is amazing. Currently fixing one of the bathrooms but no issues. Real backpacker feel and met a lot of people to hang out with! :) will come back again!

Great stay at the tipsy manor! We stayed for five days. The location is great and the staff is super helpful and nice. I would recommend this hostel to anyone coming to chiang mai, very cheap too!

• 30th Dec 2014

Nice clean dorm, very spacious and you would hardly ever notice anyone in the same room as you. Massive TV in communal room with a vast selection of movies, pool table and drinks selection to choose from. Good location to nightlife. Only 5-10 minutes walk depending on the length of you legs! :-)

Good location and helpful staff but the place is run down and old. Water was out randomly one day, bath towels are tiny and the interiors are very dated.

We are sorry that you did not satisfy with your staying, but whenever you have any problems, you can inform the staff at the front desk and she will assist you instantly. At that day, there was a Chinese guest passed out in the bathroom and he accidentally broke the faucet so that water came out so fast and when we found him in the bathroom, the water was finished from the tank. I hope you understand this. Thank you for staying at tipsy manor.

Stay there! Amazing Price and Staff!! Stayed 6 nights there. Rooms,bathroom clean.Wifi everywhere.Nothing2complain. Kunthara,who runs the hostel,she is surely the heart of this place accompanied by Tanison,a diving instructor who helps her out and is also most of the time around,if he isn't in open water down south.Had so much fun with them.They were incredibly kind and helpful from the very first moment. There will be just one place to stay in Chiang Mai in the future and that is Tipsy Manor!

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Austria

It is a ok hostel to tell the true! It is not a party hostel if that is what U Look for but does the job as a hostel! The tv with movies is actually pretty good (I have Been travelling for a long time and Once in a while is good to watch a movie and play videogame!!!). The bathrooms are the bad thing about it... Just two for the all the People in the dorm room, but they are fairly clean... But what I like most and That's why I have a good grade is the slogan: "not the best, but a good one"! True

Kuntara, the host is fantastic and very friendly! She is very knowledgable and speaks amazing English so you can ask her just about anything. Very relaxed atmosphere and huge TV if you want to chill - but so much to do in chiang mai I doubt you will stay in hostel for long. Location is awesome! Close to everything but just far enough from night spot with loud music. Had private and dorm room. Dorm was better than private (cleaner and cooler)