Tipsy Manor Reviews

333 Moon Muang Road, Soi 9, Sri Phum, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This was by far the best hostel we have seen Giving a score of excellent is not good enough This hostel was in a great location with friendly staff who always help out with whatever you need The rooms were very cheep, they could double the price and I would still have stayed there Our room was a fan room with three fans which where good but not as good as ac! Tipsy the dog is so friendly no one would ever need to worry about her! Overall loved this stay :) thanks team tipsy!

Very friendly and helpfull staff (who speak very good english). You get what you pay for, it's a basic hostel but it's fine! Good wifi and a common area where you can chill, watch a movie or meet other people. If you're looking for a cheap, basic, but nice place to stay i would recommend it!

would be nice to clean the dorm sometimes, rest was fine :)

• 30th Mar 2014

cons: the toilet bins are cleaned sparingly, it went at least the 3 days I was there without being changed. Due to the design of the front entrance rats do enter the ground floor at night. disgusting but I never saw them upstairs. Streets noisy in the morning Pros: awesome entertainment set up in the common room that has loads of latest movies and FIFA 14 which was great to socialize. Booked the tours easily for us. Changed the sheets and towels on request! For the price it's a decent place!

Thanks for the positive feedback we appreciate it and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. I have also noticed more pest movement on the ground floor during the night over the past few days so this morning we got pest control in to sort out the rats. Hopefully they won't be a problem any more for future guests. Toilet bins are emptied daily but as its a shared room they fill up quickly. I'll get cleaning staff to empty them twice daily from now on.

totally happy with that hostel, very helpful staff, hostel is close to everything, very small hostel, so it is easy to get to know the other guests, big television with movies and xbox, and the price is perfect

Everything was great here. Staff was super friendly and knowledgable. The only downside is that the bed sheets and blanket seemed like it wasn't changed. I would stay here again for the staff, location, and value.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for the really positive feedback score you gave us. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. To note: I wasn't too sure if you meant the sheets weren't changed daily or they weren't changed before you checked in. We change all bed sheets, covers and pillow cases when guests check out before the new guests check in but we don't don't do daily changing like in larger hotels.

very friendly staff!! nice little hostel

Only stayed one night, tried to extend but they were fully booked otherwise I would of stayed longer.

• 15th Mar 2014

Great hostel in chiangmai, close to the old quarter! Staff very helpful and can book nearly anything you need including flights for very good prices! Will definitely recommend! :)

One of the best hostels I have been at. Dorm is spacious and locker is big enough to chuck in a big and a small backpack. Location is not in the centre of the city/activity, but close enough (5-10 minutes walk) and in exchange to get to visit places/eateries not usually frequently by tourists. Staff is helpful and friendly. For the money, it is really GREAT!

Good location, comfy beds and a hot shower. Staff were helpful. Small hostel so not really social but close to bars etc.

I had only planned a couple days in Chiang Mai but ended up staying more because the people working there and the people i met were fantanstic. I wouldnt stay anywhere else if I go back. Staff helped me get around and plan everything. No bunk beds was a bonus too!

Good hostel: clean, good location and reasonable price. Staff speaks good english and wifi woks fast and inside the rooms. My room haven't been many eletrical socks, just two. The bathroom has soup for free.

Great common area with couches, pool table, and bar. The staff is extremely helpful and they can book your activities for you on the spot. They have bed side locker big enough to put a large backpack. I booked for 2 nights but then kept coming back on and off for a week in between activities. It's really easy to meet ppl in the dorm. My only complaint is the air con unit outside the window that goes on and off during the night and can be a little loud for light sleepers like me.

extended another day as it was such a great deal and the staff sorted out my ticket to bangkok with pickup at the hostel, and motorbikes are delivered to you as well for the same price as going to a rental center. cool staff and good facilities. true value!

A great hostel. Fantastic location in the old city. Owners and staff are amazing and took the guests out to party. Love this place! Bit more chilled than spicythai backpackers. Cute beagle is a bonus.

best deal in CM and perhaps Thailand. Cool layout with huge comfy couch and modern entertainment system for thousands of new movies. Dorm beds are new and comfortable read beds, not bunk beds! Smartest people are here and reservations are booked in advance. Kitchen is functional, pool table is regulation sized. Staff are the cool kids of CM and the owners are a really smart Thai English couple with setting up all the facilities travelers require at the best price possible. Nice rooms too!

PRO: atmosphere, value for money, facilities and staff. CON: stayed there two nights and the bathroom was never cleaned.

Plusses: Very nice and helpful staff, no bunk beds, big lockers, room is full but still spacious, personal power plug, lamp and ventilator. Really liked this hostel! Tip, put a map of which lights switches are for which areas in the room, besides the actual switches. People can then more easily turn the lights off that they desire.

We really enjoyed our stay at Tipsy. The staff did a great job entertaining the guests and booking tours for us. The value for money is amazing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3