Tirana Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Rruga Bogdaneve Nr.3, Tirana, Albania

Great location just off Skanderbeg with nice atmosphere and staff. The rooms didn't have lockers but that wasn't a massive issue as the hostel itself was behind a big gate. The running water briefly stopped working twice in my two and a half days, but the staff sorted it out v quickly. Would be very surprised if there was anywhere better to stay in Tirana for a backpacker - this was one of the best I visited in the Balkans. The bar/restaurant was a great facility in particular... stay here!

Great hostel with a good vibe! Their garden with its own bar is magnificent as are the guys running the place. Would definitely come back. Only minus are the somewhat unconfortable beds.

We early enjoyed our stay at Tirana Backpacker hostel the staff were helpful from the very beginning until the end. The atmosphere was great and everyone was friendly. It was in a great location for exploring the city, which we also loved!

• 14th Aug 2015

very good value for money. hostel organises lots of activities and the place overall is nice and central. basic facilities. free washing machine is handy. good atmosphere.

Very good hostel a 10 minutes walk from the Sheshi Skënderbej (Skanderbeg Square). Very helpful staff. They are organizing tours, I recommend the one day cave and swimming-Tour! The bathrooms are clean and nice to see. There is also a garden with delicious and cheap dinner every day.

great hostel. location was good and easy to get too. staff were really helpful. breakfast was pretty basic but did the job.

The old Villa is beautiful and the hostel has a great atmosphere, especially because of the backyard, where everybody hangs out during the day or in the evening. The backyard is equipped with a lot of comfy chairs and sofas and has a bar that also offers decent food! Breakfast is really good as well, as are the rooms and the showers. Totally recommendable!

I've been traveling for 16 months and this is hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The two girls at reception are very helpful & friendly (big shoutout to Christina!!), the hostel is well organized, and the dinner chef is also wonderful and cooks great homemade food. The included breakfast is pretty good (bread, jam, hard boiled eggs, watermelon, tea/coffee) and there are a lot of great, comfy places to sit, relax, or meet people. The rooms and bathrooms are nice and clean.

Really nice place, cool atmosphere very friendly and helpful staff, the only thing a bit annoying was a lack of AC but other than that was great

The garden was just amaziıng and the drinks and the food you got prepared there were incredibly delicious! We really enjoyed our stay there, thanks guys!

A fun stop at the hostel. :-)

Great backyard setting, dinner at hostel was very good, desk staff was excellent- very helpful.

These guys are pro's at running a hostel: safe compound, solid rooms, decent breakfast, amazing garden and chilled, friendly atmosphere. Staff have perfect English and can answer any question you have. You can get homemade hummus with your beer in the garden and the inhouse chef does great dinners for €3.50. Met great people here too

Great atmosphere! Also try the food they make at night in the backyard, it's delicious!

• 19th Jul 2015

Great location for the hostel is dead center of the city. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the backyard bar and grill was perfect!!! I'd stay here again. Thanks guys!

The staff was wonderfully friendly and very helpful!

Friendliest and most helpful staff!

• 14th Jul 2015

I was surprised at my experience at this hostel. I was sure I was going to have a good stay (amazing reviews) but there were a couple things I just couldn't look over. There is a woman with her septum pierced that works at reception and she was very unfriendly. Every time I had a question during my 3 nights stay she would just stare at me like I was stupid and force a 3 word answer. No matter how many times I thanked her for her help her attitude never improved. Bathrooms are filthy as well!

Tiffany,I am really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at our hostel.We understand that not everyone will like us but we treat every guest with the same respect & kindness.Working with many different people every day is not an easy job so being tired is part of reality. Staff may some days be tired but never rude,we offer each the time & help they need(check-in lasts 30 min for all guests so that everyone feels like home and we are available 24h/day) Keeping the hostel clean is our priority too.

Only stayed a night but this place had a chill vibe. The garden bar is cool. No lockers in the rooms though.

Wonderful hostel. Good location. Full kitchen. Nice garden. Kind staff. Interesting decorations.

« first « Prev 1 2 3