Toco Tokyo Heritage Hostel Reviews

2-13-21 Shitaya Taitouku, Tokyo, Japan

Great atmosphere, the staff were incredibly friendly and made you feel right at home. The hostel is just a stone throw away from the metro line so it was easy to travel around Tokyo from the Hostel. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here

Toco was the most amazing hostel to stay in! The staff were so friendly and helpful. The hostel has a little bar which is full of happy faces every evening. During the day you could buy cute cakes and sit and read in the bar, it was quiet and peaceful. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm and the bed was very roomy and cosy. The hostel is very old and traditional - thin sliding doors, reclaimed wood for furniture - it really gave a true idea of what living in Japan would have been like many years ago.

I stayed in this hotel on many Tokyo trip, it was the best place. If I go back to Tokyo will stay here.

Toco is an absolutely beautiful traditional Japanese house that has been carefully reconstructed into a hostel. The rooms are really cosy and so is the kitchen and living areas. If you're room is at the front it gets quite cold but the huge blankets are more than enough to keep you warm. It takes about 10 mins on train into main areas of Tokyo.

There's time limit for shower (7am - 12am) which is difficult if you need to leave early. The staffs are very friendly and the environmental is really nice :)

Great Hostel, lovely staff. Very welcoming and friendly. Loved the 300 Yen breakfast and the bar at the front. Clean and quite. Felt very safe. great proximity to the Iriya metro station.

Great hostel - beautiful interiors, well-equipped and friendly staff.

• 28th Dec 2014

Really awesome place--fantastic location, staff, and atmosphere. Only difficult thing about the place is the strict "lights off" at midnight which means no more lights, heater and shower starting midnight... But overall it's awesome and will definitely stay here again

Staffs were very friendly. Room, shower and toilet were very clean. Hostel was merely one minute walk away from the the metro station. There was a lovely garden in the backyard. Will definitely stay here again in my next visit to Tokyo.

We loved our stay at Toco and we wish we would've stayed longer. We stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm, for a dorm room it was lovely, spacious, and quiet. The outside garden was gorgeous even though our stay was in November. The room was warm, and all the facilities were clean. The breakfast offered for 300yen was a great decision as it ended up being delicious. We arrived early and the staff took care of our luggage until our check-in time. Next time we visit Tokyo we will stay at Toco for longer!

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Finland

Beyond incredible, I actually wanted to live there!

• 17th Nov 2014

fantastic place, friendly staff, value for money, tasty breakfast (try at least once), get building and history

Many friends of mine are wonder how can I find such traditional hostel in japan! It just takes a minute walk from metro to hostel, so I feel safe even I go back to hostel after 10 at night! The dorm is big enough for 6 girls and the bed is even large, soft even the pillow is not thick! The breadfast is worth trying! The staff is nice and good at english speaking! Free wifi is stable even I live in the second floor! Most suprisingly, it provides free cosmestic cotton, cotton sticks in our roo

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

I have been there for 6 Days....It is the best hostel I have ever been. Excellent!

• 4th Nov 2014

Everythings are perfect , except they have only 2 shower room.

The best youth hostel in tokyo i've ever been to (it's the 5th youth hostel i'm testing in this city). A japanese style house hidden behind a usual building. Clean, secure, very well situated, a VERY friendly staff and access to internet with 2 PC (not only free wifi which is useless when you don't have any smartphone or computer with you)... I highly recommand this hostel!!!

This is a small but very unique hostel! Quite close to the Uguisudani Station for those travelling with a JR Pass, so you can get around via the Yamanote Line easily around Tokyo. Lots of places to eat nearby. The staff offer breakfast service for ¥300, and a free drink at the bar downstairs. Great place to stay.

Toco staff are very helpful and are always so excited to hear about your day. Beautifully decorated in a folk style, kept spotlessly clean, facilities are perfect. Very warm, beds were huge, walls are thin as it is an old place, like any hostel just bring earplugs and it's fine. Perfect location: Lawson 100 (4min) cafe (2min) Iriya Station (1min) Uguisudani station (8min). The Halloween party they hosted was one of the highlights of our trip, we can't wait to come back! BEST HOSTEL EVER!

nice staff but evetyhing charged extra while the other hostel didnt. but it is my fault that i didnt ask them first before i book the place. :(

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Best Hostel I have ever been!!