Toco Tokyo Heritage Hostel Reviews

2-13-21 Shitaya Taitouku, Tokyo, Japan

We had a lovely stay, staff were very friendly and the hostel had a great atmosphere. We had a tasty breakfast while Marie made us feel very welcome and made great recommendations.

• 27th Mar 2015

the hostel is awesome cool , and the staff is very friendly and helpful . i would definitely come back again

• 25th Mar 2015
  • alex-d
  • China

Traditional housing, nice garden and bar, lovely staff, very very clean, good location - a great experience overall!

This is a great place to stay. The staff are amazing and it's close to the Tokyo Metro. The dorms were clean and had all of the amenities. The garden in the back is beautiful and tranquil. Make sure you try the food!

A very beautiful with an traditional feeling bout this hostel. It has a very traditional feel garden n a bar at night. E staff there r great. Super friendly, n polite. All of em r actually pretty cute. Nice quiet neighborhood.

BEST hostel have stayed at! The staff were fantastic, facilities were great. Such a cool vibe and the garden looks incredible!

Very traditional, not exactly overly welcoming to backpackers. As long as you are respectful you will be fine. It's a beautiful place, but they sort of assume that you understand Japanese culture. I was told not to do certain things, not because I was rude but purely because I didn't know any better. Was sort of a humiliating experience.

The staff were all amazing! So friendly and willing to help Very welcoming place, I'll be back in the future

• 2nd Mar 2015

I loved and missed Toco so much. Excellent staff and atmosphere. I met a lot of friends every night in the bar. I have a very happy time staying there. I would surely recommend my friends to stay there. I will come again. Love you all.

Toco is a great place and the staff is amazing ! The breakfast is great : freshly made Onigiri, don't miss it !

Great atmosphere, the staff were incredibly friendly and made you feel right at home. The hostel is just a stone throw away from the metro line so it was easy to travel around Tokyo from the Hostel. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here

Toco was the most amazing hostel to stay in! The staff were so friendly and helpful. The hostel has a little bar which is full of happy faces every evening. During the day you could buy cute cakes and sit and read in the bar, it was quiet and peaceful. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm and the bed was very roomy and cosy. The hostel is very old and traditional - thin sliding doors, reclaimed wood for furniture - it really gave a true idea of what living in Japan would have been like many years ago.

I stayed in this hotel on many Tokyo trip, it was the best place. If I go back to Tokyo will stay here.

Toco is an absolutely beautiful traditional Japanese house that has been carefully reconstructed into a hostel. The rooms are really cosy and so is the kitchen and living areas. If you're room is at the front it gets quite cold but the huge blankets are more than enough to keep you warm. It takes about 10 mins on train into main areas of Tokyo.

There's time limit for shower (7am - 12am) which is difficult if you need to leave early. The staffs are very friendly and the environmental is really nice :)

Great Hostel, lovely staff. Very welcoming and friendly. Loved the 300 Yen breakfast and the bar at the front. Clean and quite. Felt very safe. great proximity to the Iriya metro station.

Great hostel - beautiful interiors, well-equipped and friendly staff.

• 28th Dec 2014

Really awesome place--fantastic location, staff, and atmosphere. Only difficult thing about the place is the strict "lights off" at midnight which means no more lights, heater and shower starting midnight... But overall it's awesome and will definitely stay here again

Staffs were very friendly. Room, shower and toilet were very clean. Hostel was merely one minute walk away from the the metro station. There was a lovely garden in the backyard. Will definitely stay here again in my next visit to Tokyo.

We loved our stay at Toco and we wish we would've stayed longer. We stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm, for a dorm room it was lovely, spacious, and quiet. The outside garden was gorgeous even though our stay was in November. The room was warm, and all the facilities were clean. The breakfast offered for 300yen was a great decision as it ended up being delicious. We arrived early and the staff took care of our luggage until our check-in time. Next time we visit Tokyo we will stay at Toco for longer!

• 26th Nov 2014