Toco Tokyo Heritage Hostel Reviews

2-13-21 Shitaya Taitouku, Tokyo, Japan

It would be nice if the staff could mention to the guests to try to keep their voices down, especially late at night and early morning, since it's an old traditional house and you can literally hear everything from the other rooms, corridors, showers, kitchen, etc. Otherwise, I have no complaints! I always enjoy staying at Toco, the staff are wonderful, the location is great, and the hostel is clean and beautiful.

Staff were great, really made an effort to welcome me, show me around, and even learned my name! This hostel is perfect if you're looking to experience more traditional Japanese living, especially with the garden on the side. In a quieter area of Tokyo, perfect place to stay if you're looking to relax a bit more.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Very close to the metro, comfortable bedding, amazing ambience and traditional decor, but what makes this hostel amazing are the people. The free drink every night encourages gathers everyone at the cozy bar - locals and travellers alike - for a great social atmosphere. The staff are phenomenal - 6 out of 5 stars! They go above and beyond to help you whenever possible, and are exceedingly friendly. I will stay here again 10,000% if I'm in Tokyo.

I've stayed in several hostels and this is definitely one of my favorites. The house that the hostel is in is a beautiful traditional Japanese house with a garden that makes you forget you are in the middle of Tokyo. The staff were able to answer all of the questions I had and were extremely helpful, plus they gave a full tour and background of the hostel when I got there. It's hard to say how much I enjoyed this hostel, but I would highly recommend staying here at least one night in Tokyo.

Really beautiful hostel, staff were lovely. Only downside was that walls of the rooms were made of paper sliding doors to other rooms, so you can hear everything in the other rooms, and no locks on the doors. Fine as long as you're not a light sleeper.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Just excellent! Might be the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Breakfast was just ¥300 and amazingly filling. After three nights, I was so sad to leave because I felt like I really got to know the staff. The setup is really fantastic for meeting new people-- especially since every guest gets a free drink each night, and many locals come by to hang out.

The staff were very friendly and cheerful. I like how traditional the setup of the hostel is. The thin-ness of the walls can be a problem, though, as the there is a tendency to hear the people from the other room, even if they are just whispering. Overall, I enjoyed my stay in this hostel.

Amazing hostel!!! As if the old style japanese traditional building wasnt enough, they also have the kindest staff I;ve ever met.

Toco is fantastic!!! The arch is wonderful!! Staying in toco just make me feel like I'm staying in somewhere from the the comic book or japanese film. and the traditional japanese garden is so beautiful!!! But true, it is noisy, and resident there seems not that will to talk~~ Although staff are all nice!

My reservation was lost. :(

• 21st Jun 2014

The staff was really friendly and they helped me out to organize my things! You could order breakfast(2riceball with soup) for 300 Yen which is cheap. The room was nice and clean but it is an old building so the walls are thin and you can hear everything from the hole floor which was in the morning really frustrating(6am). And it is hard to find the right location at the first day so i had to ask people on the street to help me out. It toke me over 1h to find it.

Don't go if you want to sleep, really noisy.

The staff were delightful! So friendly and spoke perfect English. Definitely sign up for breakfast, it was so so tasty and cheap at only 300 yen. The location could have been better but the hostel itself was amazing. We slept in a 100 year old traditional glass/wooden house and the main reception area was gorgeous.

The hostel was absolutely beautiful and the staff were wonderfully friendly. They really made you feel at home. The location wasn't super convenient, but the beautiful garden behind the hostel easily made up for this.

This hostel is amazing. The staff really made me feel at home and it is easy to connect with other travelers there as well as local people, who come to drink in the lobby/bar in the evening. I love the traditional style of the hostel. It's peaceful to be there. The hostel is located really close to a metro station from which Ueno and Akihabara are only a few minutes away. The Ueno park is about 10 minutes by foot.

The location is good just 1 minute walk from Iriya and very quiet town. All staff are nice. I like a welcome drink. The hotel was so nice really feel Japanese Style but it s too noisy from the wood and my room close to common area like a kitchen, bathroom, internet area and people live there a little bit make a noise so i could not sleep well. The rest is ok.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Toco was our first place in Japan, and definetly the best beginning, really beautiful place with japanese charming, and espacious, which is not usual in Japan. We were at the 6 bed room, and there's a lot of space for storage your stuff. Confortable beds, and very nice staff. The location is ok, in a regular area, but pretty close to Ueno station. Showers, toilet, sheets and everything very clean, I really enjoyed my stay in there.

Nice and peaceful,

Loved the Japanese garden and the old, traditional house that they have converted. Sound was a little bit of a problem but not unexpected as it is a traditional Japanese house with paper walls. Staff were very helpful and accommodating. Nice little bar few a few drinks before heading out.

Hostel was very lovely and stylish. The staff spoke English very well and was helpful. Location was good, only a few minutes walk from station. I stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm whch was a bit cramped but still clean and comfy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3