Toco Tokyo Heritage Hostel Reviews

2-13-21 Shitaya Taitouku, Tokyo, Japan

Beyond incredible, I actually wanted to live there!

• 17th Nov 2014

fantastic place, friendly staff, value for money, tasty breakfast (try at least once), get building and history

Many friends of mine are wonder how can I find such traditional hostel in japan! It just takes a minute walk from metro to hostel, so I feel safe even I go back to hostel after 10 at night! The dorm is big enough for 6 girls and the bed is even large, soft even the pillow is not thick! The breadfast is worth trying! The staff is nice and good at english speaking! Free wifi is stable even I live in the second floor! Most suprisingly, it provides free cosmestic cotton, cotton sticks in our roo

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

I have been there for 6 Days....It is the best hostel I have ever been. Excellent!

• 4th Nov 2014

Everythings are perfect , except they have only 2 shower room.

The best youth hostel in tokyo i've ever been to (it's the 5th youth hostel i'm testing in this city). A japanese style house hidden behind a usual building. Clean, secure, very well situated, a VERY friendly staff and access to internet with 2 PC (not only free wifi which is useless when you don't have any smartphone or computer with you)... I highly recommand this hostel!!!

This is a small but very unique hostel! Quite close to the Uguisudani Station for those travelling with a JR Pass, so you can get around via the Yamanote Line easily around Tokyo. Lots of places to eat nearby. The staff offer breakfast service for ¥300, and a free drink at the bar downstairs. Great place to stay.

Toco staff are very helpful and are always so excited to hear about your day. Beautifully decorated in a folk style, kept spotlessly clean, facilities are perfect. Very warm, beds were huge, walls are thin as it is an old place, like any hostel just bring earplugs and it's fine. Perfect location: Lawson 100 (4min) cafe (2min) Iriya Station (1min) Uguisudani station (8min). The Halloween party they hosted was one of the highlights of our trip, we can't wait to come back! BEST HOSTEL EVER!

nice staff but evetyhing charged extra while the other hostel didnt. but it is my fault that i didnt ask them first before i book the place. :(

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Best Hostel I have ever been!!

The only hostel with a discrimnation policy based on my experieices from staying at several hundreds of hostels, ins, minshukus, temples and ryokans during my 16+ years in Japan. During check-in, staff told me in polite Japanese that guests will get chocked and feel very unconfortalbe because of my appearance and that I cannot stay in the 6 bed dorm that I had booked. I am a genunie, well mannered lady, but was treated as a male freak. I left the hostel 1 am to spend the night at a 24h cafee.

We are sorry and would like to deeply apologize again for the unpleasant experience you had here. Even though we showed you to a bed in the female dormitory as per your reservation, because of the bad experience upon check-in unfortunately you checked-out late at night. This was not our intention, and we were worried about you. We fully acknowledge your comments and rating.we would like to offer our deepest apologies for the unfavorable experience you had.

I stayed in four hostels in Japan and this one is my favorite. The rooms have a traditional feel, and the views of the pond from the rooms are just gorgeous. I like that the hostel is not too big, making it easier to get to know your fellow travelers. I didn't get to go to the bar at night but I did enjoy the traditional Japanese breakfast the staff made for us guests, I highly recommend it. I had a very wonderful stay here!

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The atmosphere of a Japanese traditional house is super nice, considering it's just in the middle of the city. Location is pretty good - close to metro and JR line but not in the middle of the city - Shinjuku, Harajuku and Shibuya are about 40 min away. Nice facilities and nice staff. Too bad there are only 2 showers. However, very clean and convenient hostel. Would definitely stay there again.

It was the best hostel I have stay in Japan! Superb atmosphere and great staff! They makes all guests feel connected like a family! Like their breakfast too which is great with only 300 yen spent! Also love the bar that allows us to connect with the locals! Feeling a lot of energy here! The only bad thing is it takes 10 minutes to walk from Uguisudani Station but everything else is awesome! Simply the best!

The pictures and reviews of this place are no lie! This place was drop dead gorgeous and extremely easy to get to by the subway (Hibiya Line). The map they provide on their website was perfect and led me to find the place with ease. The staff was very attentive, nice, and extremely friendly. The bar always had friendly people in it and was a great place to socialize. The rooms were the perfect value and the entire house was simply beautiful. I cannot recommend this place enough!!

• 11th Sep 2014

Toco is a very nice and place to stay! The staff (mainly Japanese) is extremely friendly and helpful and in the bar it is also possible to get to know some locals, who like to come there. The location is also very near to the public transport, onsen, convenient store and the Asakusa and Ueno park.

I enjoyed my stay in toco heritage hostel. The staffs there are wonderful, they are all so friendly and helpful! It's located near the subway station so it's so easy to get to almost everywhere. Facilities are great too. I will come back again if I visit Tokyo again in the future :)

One of the best hostel i've stayed at in Japan and definitely the best in Tokyo ! This old house has a unique atmosphere, the staff is very friendly and the bar is a nice place to hang out and meet other travelers and locals. I wished I could have stayed longer and will surely be back.

Absolutely beautiful, would recommend and would stay there again.

This is a historical guest house located in Iriya, 5 minutes north of Ueno. The garden there was beautiful. What really makes this place is the very friendly staff, always there to greet and always there to say "ja mata atode".

« first « Prev 1 2 3