Toco Tokyo Heritage Hostel Reviews

2-13-21 Shitaya Taitouku, Tokyo, Japan

The pictures and reviews of this place are no lie! This place was drop dead gorgeous and extremely easy to get to by the subway (Hibiya Line). The map they provide on their website was perfect and led me to find the place with ease. The staff was very attentive, nice, and extremely friendly. The bar always had friendly people in it and was a great place to socialize. The rooms were the perfect value and the entire house was simply beautiful. I cannot recommend this place enough!!

• 11th Sep 2014

Toco is a very nice and place to stay! The staff (mainly Japanese) is extremely friendly and helpful and in the bar it is also possible to get to know some locals, who like to come there. The location is also very near to the public transport, onsen, convenient store and the Asakusa and Ueno park.

I enjoyed my stay in toco heritage hostel. The staffs there are wonderful, they are all so friendly and helpful! It's located near the subway station so it's so easy to get to almost everywhere. Facilities are great too. I will come back again if I visit Tokyo again in the future :)

One of the best hostel i've stayed at in Japan and definitely the best in Tokyo ! This old house has a unique atmosphere, the staff is very friendly and the bar is a nice place to hang out and meet other travelers and locals. I wished I could have stayed longer and will surely be back.

Absolutely beautiful, would recommend and would stay there again.

This is a historical guest house located in Iriya, 5 minutes north of Ueno. The garden there was beautiful. What really makes this place is the very friendly staff, always there to greet and always there to say "ja mata atode".

Beautiful hostel in a traditional Japanese building, with small but very pleasant gardens. The front/lounge area is small, but very cozy, and easy to meet fellow travellers and the locals who also go there for drinks. Tasty breakfast (for a small charge), good facilities and very friendly and helpful staff (thankyou!). The local area is very nice, though quiet, with good cafes, eating and drinking places and a couple of bathhouses and a metro station very nearby. Hope to stay here next time!

Excellent and helpful staff. The place had an extremely friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended. It was sad to leave!

• 31st Jul 2014

The atmosphere in the hostel is amazing. A true local experience in the big city.

This is an awesome hostel, very helpful and friendly stuffs. The only negative thing i would say is the sound isolation, if you are a light sleeper you may need to sleep after 11 and wake up around 7. Anyway i would strongly recommend this hostel

It would be nice if the staff could mention to the guests to try to keep their voices down, especially late at night and early morning, since it's an old traditional house and you can literally hear everything from the other rooms, corridors, showers, kitchen, etc. Otherwise, I have no complaints! I always enjoy staying at Toco, the staff are wonderful, the location is great, and the hostel is clean and beautiful.

My friend and I stayed here for three nights and we had a great time! The traditional building was very unique, and while space was limited, there was not a single amenity that had been overlooked, from working wifi, hairdryers, warm showers etc. The staff were the best part of our stay at Toco. From first thing in the morning until last call in the bar at night, they effortlessly created a family environment within the hostel by encouraging guests to meet for breakfast or join them for a drink.

Staff were great, really made an effort to welcome me, show me around, and even learned my name! This hostel is perfect if you're looking to experience more traditional Japanese living, especially with the garden on the side. In a quieter area of Tokyo, perfect place to stay if you're looking to relax a bit more.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Very close to the metro, comfortable bedding, amazing ambience and traditional decor, but what makes this hostel amazing are the people. The free drink every night encourages gathers everyone at the cozy bar - locals and travellers alike - for a great social atmosphere. The staff are phenomenal - 6 out of 5 stars! They go above and beyond to help you whenever possible, and are exceedingly friendly. I will stay here again 10,000% if I'm in Tokyo.

I've stayed in several hostels and this is definitely one of my favorites. The house that the hostel is in is a beautiful traditional Japanese house with a garden that makes you forget you are in the middle of Tokyo. The staff were able to answer all of the questions I had and were extremely helpful, plus they gave a full tour and background of the hostel when I got there. It's hard to say how much I enjoyed this hostel, but I would highly recommend staying here at least one night in Tokyo.

Really beautiful hostel, staff were lovely. Only downside was that walls of the rooms were made of paper sliding doors to other rooms, so you can hear everything in the other rooms, and no locks on the doors. Fine as long as you're not a light sleeper.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Just excellent! Might be the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Breakfast was just ¥300 and amazingly filling. After three nights, I was so sad to leave because I felt like I really got to know the staff. The setup is really fantastic for meeting new people-- especially since every guest gets a free drink each night, and many locals come by to hang out.

The staff were very friendly and cheerful. I like how traditional the setup of the hostel is. The thin-ness of the walls can be a problem, though, as the there is a tendency to hear the people from the other room, even if they are just whispering. Overall, I enjoyed my stay in this hostel.

Amazing hostel!!! As if the old style japanese traditional building wasnt enough, they also have the kindest staff I;ve ever met.

Toco is fantastic!!! The arch is wonderful!! Staying in toco just make me feel like I'm staying in somewhere from the the comic book or japanese film. and the traditional japanese garden is so beautiful!!! But true, it is noisy, and resident there seems not that will to talk~~ Although staff are all nice!

« first « Prev 1 2 3