Toco Tokyo Heritage Hostel Reviews

2-13-21 Shitaya Taitouku, Tokyo, Japan

Loved the Japanese garden and the old, traditional house that they have converted. Sound was a little bit of a problem but not unexpected as it is a traditional Japanese house with paper walls. Staff were very helpful and accommodating. Nice little bar few a few drinks before heading out.

Hostel was very lovely and stylish. The staff spoke English very well and was helpful. Location was good, only a few minutes walk from station. I stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm whch was a bit cramped but still clean and comfy.

AMAZING HOSTEL! Exactly what I thought Japan would look like, beautiful little garden and friendly staff. Stay for as long as you can.

This hostel was a cute hostel. It was very homey and cozy. Had most of the things you need. However sound traveled very easily in this building. You hear everything from a breath to the pouring of water. A full nights rest is something you won't find here. This place is meant for the experience.

• 16th May 2014

Meguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Oh and everyone else.

This is perhaps the BEST hostel I've ever stayed in my life!!! Great and talkative staff, cozy little kitchen and living room are great for guests to start conversations and make friends. There's a little bar every night offering one free drink for every guest. The best thing is many locals hang out here for drinking and talking to foreigners every evening, some even come every day, so you'll get to meet a lot of Japanese as well!!! I did feel sad when having to leave here.

Totally is good, but we just stayed only 1 night it was very short.

Beautiful beautiful place. Traditional old style traditional type place. Was perfect for us cos we had already seen a lot of the sights but it is a bit far away from the main city area of Shibuya etc. super close to Tokyo and Ueno stations though so easy access. Really nice atmosphere at the place and nice beds showers kitchen area. Garden is awesome.

Great hostel, felt like home

• 27th Apr 2014

This is the best hostel I've stayed in during my trip to Japan. I loved the style of the traditional house and the security was brilliant, there are big draws for everyone under the bed where you can store all your luggage and lock it with a padlock. I loved the bar and the atmosphere was great, getting to meet local people and other travellers as well. The staff were brilliant. I'd highly recommend this hostel it's a great experience. One of the best hostels I've stayed in, ever

An excellent traditional style small hostel, very close to the subway. If you want somewhere relaxed in Tokyo when you first land this is perfect. The staff are very helpful and nice, and really make the place. Also the ramen place down the road is the best I've had I Japan so far!

The staff at Toco are superb!! I highly recommend, especially for l

I only stayed here one night, which was such a shame! The atmosphere was so great - somehow more sophisticated and mature than a backpacker's hostel, they were lovely to talk to and offered me tea when I arrived, they helped me with everything I needed, they even gave me a welcome drink at the bar that night! I met some great people and could sleep very well that night. I will DEFINITELY stay again and I will recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Tokyo!

Great staff, fun bar and common area in the evenings. It's located in a nice little area and close enough to the station. The traditional feel of the place made it really unique. The bathrooms are farther from the bedrooms than at most other places, but overall Toco is a great place to stay.

Excellent hostel. Very homely, very clean and the staff are just so nice!! Will definitely stay again if I return to Tokyo.

Location is 1 minute walk from Iriya station, very easy to find. Staff is very helpful and very cheerful even when we arrive at 10 PM. Bath is closed at midnight but we can manage to arrive at hostel at 10 PM and then had shower. Reading materials about travelling was placed near waiting room for shower so it was not boring at all. Room was neat, comfortable and warm. One of the staff, Mia-san help us sewing my friend's wool sweater which was broken. Will stay here again if I come back in Tokyo

Great tradional hostel. Amazing rock garden which is worth paying for a night for. Friendly staff and comfortable rooms. It is in a very quiet area but close to the metro also, if that is what you are after this place will be perfect for you. I wish I had stayed for longer, I found it on my last day.

It's a really beautiful hostel with an excellent staff. It's really clean and has a great bar. There are lots of good places to eat nearby and it's really close to the trains. I would definitely stay here again.

The staff are very kind and helpful. But it's too bad that we cannot check in on last night (the receptionist was close at 10 PM).

A great Japanese style hostel, beautiful garden, and lively bar with locals there. Fantastic staff and good showers. A door to separate the toilets from the kitchen/dinning area would be nice as you feel a bit exposed.