Toco Tokyo Heritage Hostel Reviews

2-13-21 Shitaya Taitouku, Tokyo, Japan

The hostel was absolutely beautiful and the staff were wonderfully friendly. They really made you feel at home. The location wasn't super convenient, but the beautiful garden behind the hostel easily made up for this.

This hostel is amazing. The staff really made me feel at home and it is easy to connect with other travelers there as well as local people, who come to drink in the lobby/bar in the evening. I love the traditional style of the hostel. It's peaceful to be there. The hostel is located really close to a metro station from which Ueno and Akihabara are only a few minutes away. The Ueno park is about 10 minutes by foot.

The location is good just 1 minute walk from Iriya and very quiet town. All staff are nice. I like a welcome drink. The hotel was so nice really feel Japanese Style but it s too noisy from the wood and my room close to common area like a kitchen, bathroom, internet area and people live there a little bit make a noise so i could not sleep well. The rest is ok.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Toco was our first place in Japan, and definetly the best beginning, really beautiful place with japanese charming, and espacious, which is not usual in Japan. We were at the 6 bed room, and there's a lot of space for storage your stuff. Confortable beds, and very nice staff. The location is ok, in a regular area, but pretty close to Ueno station. Showers, toilet, sheets and everything very clean, I really enjoyed my stay in there.

Nice and peaceful,

Loved the Japanese garden and the old, traditional house that they have converted. Sound was a little bit of a problem but not unexpected as it is a traditional Japanese house with paper walls. Staff were very helpful and accommodating. Nice little bar few a few drinks before heading out.

Hostel was very lovely and stylish. The staff spoke English very well and was helpful. Location was good, only a few minutes walk from station. I stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm whch was a bit cramped but still clean and comfy.

AMAZING HOSTEL! Exactly what I thought Japan would look like, beautiful little garden and friendly staff. Stay for as long as you can.

This hostel was a cute hostel. It was very homey and cozy. Had most of the things you need. However sound traveled very easily in this building. You hear everything from a breath to the pouring of water. A full nights rest is something you won't find here. This place is meant for the experience.

• 16th May 2014

Meguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Oh and everyone else.

This is perhaps the BEST hostel I've ever stayed in my life!!! Great and talkative staff, cozy little kitchen and living room are great for guests to start conversations and make friends. There's a little bar every night offering one free drink for every guest. The best thing is many locals hang out here for drinking and talking to foreigners every evening, some even come every day, so you'll get to meet a lot of Japanese as well!!! I did feel sad when having to leave here.

Totally is good, but we just stayed only 1 night it was very short.

Beautiful beautiful place. Traditional old style traditional type place. Was perfect for us cos we had already seen a lot of the sights but it is a bit far away from the main city area of Shibuya etc. super close to Tokyo and Ueno stations though so easy access. Really nice atmosphere at the place and nice beds showers kitchen area. Garden is awesome.

Great hostel, felt like home

• 27th Apr 2014

This is the best hostel I've stayed in during my trip to Japan. I loved the style of the traditional house and the security was brilliant, there are big draws for everyone under the bed where you can store all your luggage and lock it with a padlock. I loved the bar and the atmosphere was great, getting to meet local people and other travellers as well. The staff were brilliant. I'd highly recommend this hostel it's a great experience. One of the best hostels I've stayed in, ever

An excellent traditional style small hostel, very close to the subway. If you want somewhere relaxed in Tokyo when you first land this is perfect. The staff are very helpful and nice, and really make the place. Also the ramen place down the road is the best I've had I Japan so far!

The staff at Toco are superb!! I highly recommend, especially for l

I only stayed here one night, which was such a shame! The atmosphere was so great - somehow more sophisticated and mature than a backpacker's hostel, they were lovely to talk to and offered me tea when I arrived, they helped me with everything I needed, they even gave me a welcome drink at the bar that night! I met some great people and could sleep very well that night. I will DEFINITELY stay again and I will recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Tokyo!

Great staff, fun bar and common area in the evenings. It's located in a nice little area and close enough to the station. The traditional feel of the place made it really unique. The bathrooms are farther from the bedrooms than at most other places, but overall Toco is a great place to stay.

Excellent hostel. Very homely, very clean and the staff are just so nice!! Will definitely stay again if I return to Tokyo.