Toco Tokyo Heritage Hostel Reviews

2-13-21 Shitaya Taitouku, Tokyo, Japan

I have been there for 6 Days....It is the best hostel I have ever been. Excellent!

• 4th Nov 2014

Everythings are perfect , except they have only 2 shower room.

The best youth hostel in tokyo i've ever been to (it's the 5th youth hostel i'm testing in this city). A japanese style house hidden behind a usual building. Clean, secure, very well situated, a VERY friendly staff and access to internet with 2 PC (not only free wifi which is useless when you don't have any smartphone or computer with you)... I highly recommand this hostel!!!

This is a small but very unique hostel! Quite close to the Uguisudani Station for those travelling with a JR Pass, so you can get around via the Yamanote Line easily around Tokyo. Lots of places to eat nearby. The staff offer breakfast service for ¥300, and a free drink at the bar downstairs. Great place to stay.

Toco staff are very helpful and are always so excited to hear about your day. Beautifully decorated in a folk style, kept spotlessly clean, facilities are perfect. Very warm, beds were huge, walls are thin as it is an old place, like any hostel just bring earplugs and it's fine. Perfect location: Lawson 100 (4min) cafe (2min) Iriya Station (1min) Uguisudani station (8min). The Halloween party they hosted was one of the highlights of our trip, we can't wait to come back! BEST HOSTEL EVER!

nice staff but evetyhing charged extra while the other hostel didnt. but it is my fault that i didnt ask them first before i book the place. :(

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Best Hostel I have ever been!!

The only hostel with a discrimnation policy based on my experieices from staying at several hundreds of hostels, ins, minshukus, temples and ryokans during my 16+ years in Japan. During check-in, staff told me in polite Japanese that guests will get chocked and feel very unconfortalbe because of my appearance and that I cannot stay in the 6 bed dorm that I had booked. I am a genunie, well mannered lady, but was treated as a male freak. I left the hostel 1 am to spend the night at a 24h cafee.

We are sorry and would like to deeply apologize again for the unpleasant experience you had here. Even though we showed you to a bed in the female dormitory as per your reservation, because of the bad experience upon check-in unfortunately you checked-out late at night. This was not our intention, and we were worried about you. We fully acknowledge your comments and rating.we would like to offer our deepest apologies for the unfavorable experience you had.

I stayed in four hostels in Japan and this one is my favorite. The rooms have a traditional feel, and the views of the pond from the rooms are just gorgeous. I like that the hostel is not too big, making it easier to get to know your fellow travelers. I didn't get to go to the bar at night but I did enjoy the traditional Japanese breakfast the staff made for us guests, I highly recommend it. I had a very wonderful stay here!

1 2 Next » last »