Directions to Tofu Cafe Beds & Bikes
Map & Directions
*By Taxi from Airport*
You can hire a taxi from the taxi kiosk inside the airport. The fare should not cost more than RM60. The best way to reach Tofu efficiently is to pre-advanced print the map out. We are located in George Town heritage buffer zone, a double storey corner heritage house at the junction between Lebuh Pantai and Lorong Prangin. The journey and duration of getting here from airport is typically 20-30mins with normal traffic. The taxi should be heading to George Town area from the Bayan Lepas area (airport place).
To get to Tofu for the taxi, the best way is to travel via Jelutong express highway until arriving George Town area, which the taxi driver can turn left at the 2nd traffic light junction (turning into 'Gat Lebuh Macallum' Road). Once you are at Gat Lebuh Macallum, turn right at the junction and enter into Jalan C.Y. Choy.
By then you will be spotting a chinese school on your left. You will arrive a cross road traffic light junction after about 150m and a motorbike shop on your far opposite. There will be Komtar, the tallest building on your left. This 1st traffic light is converging at Gat Lebuh Magazine Road. And next traffic light junction is converging at junction roads of 'Jalan Dr. Lim Chwee Leong' & 'Gat Lebuh Prangin' which you will spot a row of 4 shophouses on your right and an empty land on your left. Spot for 'Lebuh Pantai' road in front of you and go straight, then you will see Tofu on the left with a red mural painting logo, just immediately after 10 or more shops.
If you are driving from the Penang Bridge, follow the road sign to George Town and you shall be on the Jelutong coastal highway. Travel about 10mins and continue on to Pengkalan Weld then turn left on Jalan Magazine. Take the first right turn to Lebuh Pantai, pass two traffic lights and you will find us on your left hand side at the junction between Lorong Prangin and the road you are at (Lebuh Pantai). Turn left to the next street from us to Lebuh Melayu and then to Lorong Ikan (turn left), then to Lorong Prangin (turn left) as the roads are one-way street. Park at Lorong Prangin as there's more parkings available.
*Coming by Public Bus from Airport*
- Take Rapid Penang Bus number 401E from the Airport to KOMTAR bus terminal. (KOMTAR is basically the tallest building in Penang).
- From Komtar, walk to the direction of Jalan Dr Lim Chwee Leong. To spot how to walk to Dr Lim Chwee Leong, one needs to first spot an underbridge of Prangin Mall building which vehicles could pass through. Then spot on Sushi King, then 7-11 and Starbucks. You will see there's traffic light right in front of you. Cross that road (it's then Jalan Dr Lim Chwee Leong). Walk along Jalan Dr Lim Chwee Leong about 150m, you will see a toy's wholesaler shop and a fruit stall on the left corner with another traffic light.
- Turn left to Lebuh Carnarvon. Walk on another 10m or so, spot on 4-5 Chinese red lanterns shops opposite the street and cross the street and enter Lorong Prangin. Walk straight until the end of the street, Tofu is just at the left corner. Spot on the red logos and words.
*Coming from Butterworth Bus Terminal/Train*
- Take a ferry ride from Butterworth to Penang Island. It's about 30mins ride.
- From the ferry terminal, cross a pedestrian bridge from the Weld Quay Bus Terminal.
- After you touch down at the other side of the pedestrian bridge, there will be a bus stand right in front. Walk to the left direction on Pengkalan Weld road until you reach Gat Lebuh Acheh which is at your right.
- Turn right to Gat Lebuh Acheh, walk about 100m.
- From Gat Lebuh Acheh junction turn left to Lebuh Pantai.
- Walk along Lebuh Pantai for around 350m and you will find Tofu on your right. We are situated at the corner lot, look out for red light box.