Tofu Cafe Beds & Bikes Reviews

484, Lebuh Pantai (Beach Street), George Town, Penang, Malaysia

I stayed in the Ladies Room and it was lovely, only 4 beds with our own pods and lockers. It's really well set up and the hosts really care about their guests, Penang heritage and eco-tourism. I got a free bike rental cause I stayed 3 nights - perfect for seeing the artwork and alleyways of Georgetown.

Very nice staff!

I stayed at the hostel for 3 nights in June and I must say the hostel is brilliant. First it looks good, second it is clean, real clean. The dormitory is kind of cool, it is designed with individual cabins, which gives you good private place. The dorm has an AC and even if you don’t like AC believe me you need it at this humidity and temperatures. The owner Lukas is a very nice guy. He is passionate about what he is doing, he is going to be a big help for you.

Tofu is a small and quiet hostel. It's very close to Komtar bus terminal and shopping mall, which is really convenient for shopping, reliable currency exchange, and getting around. It's also close to Lebuh Kimberly, where you can enjoy a variety of foods starting around 6pm. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They gave me a set of maps/pamphlets when I checked in, which was nice, although I didn't use most of them due to my short stay. There's free breakfast and Wi-fi as well.

Really love this hostel! Pods are so comfortable and private. The common area / cafe is full of books and photographs. They provide a really well curated map showing the best food, etc. Always provide such helpful advice. So friendly, they know everybody's names and are happy to chat with guests. Get to know Lucas and Joyce! They are awesome people and embody everything that makes Georgetown so vibrant. Part of the new art / cafe scene but also fighting to keep old traditions alive and known.

A fantastic, friendly and peaceful hostel. Wonderful and knowledgeable hosts who help you to get the most out of your trip to lovely Penang. I've never stayed in such a clean hostel and was very sad to leave. The pods are spacious and very comfortable and it's easy to meet others. The location is brilliant for Georgetown and bus connections and the ferry are very close so you can get all over the island easily. Close to great plases to eat. A fantastic four days in Penang.

Small lovely guesthouse ran by an extremely friendly & welcoming local couple by the name Lucas and Joyce. Lucas spent 30 mins giving me an introduction to Georgetown (inc its history), highlighting the best places to visit, see, eat & buy. The dorms are capsule style, which was a novelty I particularly enjoyed. The cafe downstairs is a great place to chat, eat and drink. This is not a crazy party hostel, so there are restrictions but they are for the good of the everyone who stays there.

Great hostel. Staff so friendly and welcoming on arrival and throughout stay. They were really helpful suggesting places to go and things to eat. Pod beds are large and comfortable.

lucas,thanks to you and your team.we had a great experience in pg.discovered pg differently!!

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

not the cheapest hostel, but the bit you pay more is definitely worth it. I have never been in such a cute hostel before, could have stayed there forever. they offer many additional things, like big breakfast, help and recommondations, huge lockers with locks, convenient things to borrow and use...