Tofu Cafe Beds & Bikes Reviews

484, Lebuh Pantai (Beach Street), George Town, Penang, Malaysia

This is the place to stay if you're heading to Georgetown, lovely hostel, a very warm atmosphere and really friendly and open owners. The location is perfect and the pod beds are just very cute and comfortable. The hostel is located in a quiet area! We loved "coming home" from pur daytrips!

Nice quiet and cosy hostel; great for travellers who rather like a more home-y place to stay and not crowded place. Really like the bed styles - capsule-like beds with individual partition and curtains for privacy and also means no mozzies!

The tofu pod is spacious enough for the 1.7m me to sit upright. Very thoughtful setting. Clean

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

I have stayed in many hostels around the world and I must say the at Tofu was one of the few best I have ever been. Great owners, Joyce and Lucas.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

I stayed in the Ladies Room and it was lovely, only 4 beds with our own pods and lockers. It's really well set up and the hosts really care about their guests, Penang heritage and eco-tourism. I got a free bike rental cause I stayed 3 nights - perfect for seeing the artwork and alleyways of Georgetown.

Very nice staff!

I stayed at the hostel for 3 nights in June and I must say the hostel is brilliant. First it looks good, second it is clean, real clean. The dormitory is kind of cool, it is designed with individual cabins, which gives you good private place. The dorm has an AC and even if you don’t like AC believe me you need it at this humidity and temperatures. The owner Lukas is a very nice guy. He is passionate about what he is doing, he is going to be a big help for you.