Tofu Cafe Beds & Bikes Reviews

484, Lebuh Pantai (Beach Street), George Town, Penang, Malaysia

A fantastic, friendly and peaceful hostel. Wonderful and knowledgeable hosts who help you to get the most out of your trip to lovely Penang. I've never stayed in such a clean hostel and was very sad to leave. The pods are spacious and very comfortable and it's easy to meet others. The location is brilliant for Georgetown and bus connections and the ferry are very close so you can get all over the island easily. Close to great plases to eat. A fantastic four days in Penang.

Small lovely guesthouse ran by an extremely friendly & welcoming local couple by the name Lucas and Joyce. Lucas spent 30 mins giving me an introduction to Georgetown (inc its history), highlighting the best places to visit, see, eat & buy. The dorms are capsule style, which was a novelty I particularly enjoyed. The cafe downstairs is a great place to chat, eat and drink. This is not a crazy party hostel, so there are restrictions but they are for the good of the everyone who stays there.

Great hostel. Staff so friendly and welcoming on arrival and throughout stay. They were really helpful suggesting places to go and things to eat. Pod beds are large and comfortable.

lucas,thanks to you and your team.we had a great experience in pg.discovered pg differently!!

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

not the cheapest hostel, but the bit you pay more is definitely worth it. I have never been in such a cute hostel before, could have stayed there forever. they offer many additional things, like big breakfast, help and recommondations, huge lockers with locks, convenient things to borrow and use...

What a lovely hostel! This hostel is one of the best hotels I have ever been too. I definitely strongly recommend it. The staff was lovely, the room were incredibly kind, there was such a nice atmosphere... You feel like at home. I had such a great stay. Thanks a lot!

• 16th Jan 2014

The best hostel in Malaysia. Top notch rooms, cool design but most of all the 2 best hosts you can possibly have. Never had people so friendly and interesting in any hostel in the world. Simply superb!

Excellent hostel, very clean and a great location in the heart of Georgetown. What sets it apart is the owners, Lucas and Joyce, who will make your stay in Penang worthwhile. They are incredibly friendly and helped show me everything to do and all the great places to eat around town and helped me out with anything I needed. I hope to be back someday.

I was in an incredibly problematic situation having had my flight delayed, but Lucas and Joyce were very accommodating and stayed up way past the recommended check-in time to ensure that I checked-in. Would highly recommend the hostel to my friends and family!

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

Great stay over the Christmas period. Friendly staff really make you feel at home. Comfortable beds, super clean. Awesome hostel to stay in in Penang!

That's was great.the staff is friend and kind.Should be stay here!

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Vietnam

Probably the coolest place I've stayed so far. I love the 'pods'. Privacy is amazing but also a great communal area to meet other travellers. Owners are so nice and friendly. Place is spotless! Thank you!!

I'm very happy with this hostel, the owners are very nice, the staff is friendly, I had a wonderful time here and I will recommend it for sure.

nearby komtar tower,it is convennient to have delusiou food and the boss is very kindly. they point the places which worthy to go in penang. If u have any problem about the traffic or anything else, they friendly to help. Bkf taste good.

• 3rd Nov 2013