Tokyo Hostel Reviews

3-12-5 Ryusen, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Nice hostel, very friendly help at front desk. Answered all my questions and more. Was in a quiet neighborhood of Tokyo but close to station so all in all, very happy with my stay.

• 20th Aug 2014

safe area for solo women..about a 15 minute walk from beautiful Senso-ji Temple.. & a 10 minute walk from a metro station. The room was only OK - was in the female dorm.. and we had a private bathroom which was nice... but wifi did not work in the room. Room smelt of mold, and smell stayed on my things for a day or two afterwards. Difficult to make friends - people kept to themselves and rarely visited the common lounge area. Overall, this hostel is alright!

Extremely extremely helpful and friendly staff

Good last minute accommodation.

Employees were very friendly and helpful. I went on the fish market tour. It wasn't Tsujiki but it was better, more up close and less crowded. We went for sushi breakfast after. Amazing food and great company!

Not too many sight-seeing places or shops close-by. But loved the atmosphere especially the common room, it feels very open for people to just hang around and socialize. Female dorms have a nice amount of floor space for sorting luggage which is nice. The owner at the hostel was extremely helpful, he even gave me a discount when I had to book an extra day at the hostel. Although the building is a bit run down rooms and washrooms were especially clean. Would definitely stay again.

staffs are very nice, he tried his best to speak English to communicate with the guests.

Bunk beds cramped with low clearance. Close to subway but not walking distance to tourist sites

Very clean place and great staff. Quite far from main Districts but. Close to a station which makes It fine.

The staff was really friendly and helpful when i asked the question about "what to do in my few days in Tokyo. They spoke good english and even guided me to the bus station on my departure day. I can only recommend it as its clean, the staff is nice and it is cheap, what else could you wish for?

Friendly staff and clean, neat accomodation!

very nice hostel with very good staff who would help you with every thing they can. about facilities... you get everything you need! there are even 2 tv's in the lounge and a kitchen for every one to use ( the lounge is quite big). every room the AC and controls. the dorms are quite small but big enough to get by. most of the bad points in this place are in the cosmetic stuff. the lounge is on the second floor so you'll meet only the people that go there and the people ..... running out of char

Decent hostel but unfortunately not the best in Tokyo. When I stayed I found that the room wasn't cleaned everyday but that wasn't too much of an issue as there were only 2 of us in a 6 bed dorm. The hostel is a 5 minute walk from the station which can sometimes be annoying, however there are some nice cheap places to eat nearby.

You definitely get what you pay for here. It's cheap and does the job with friendly staff and a kitchen but they lost the key to my dorm room so I had to hope someone had left it unlocked and the bathroom was broken in my unit so we had to break into other rooms to use theirs. The location isn't ideal, there's not much to do around it and lacks the "Tokyo" nightlife but it's close to the train station.

• 5th Jun 2014

You want sonewhere walking distance from a metro. Taxis are expensive.

• 31st May 2014

Flooding in the toilet and the front desk guy asked us to pay for the repair. Very bad smell in our room. The front desk guy looked us out of our room and he wasnever available.

• 30th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Helpful staff, good english and happy to provide information Hostel 10 mins walk from Minowa station, fairly straight-forward to find. Cleanliness was fine. Unsure about value for money - but prices similar to most other places in Tokyo

I have booked 4 beds and 3 beds with ensuite room for the rest of us 7 people. We got only 4 beds with ensuite room when we arrived. Another room (for 3 people) was separated into another building included only a toilet bowl, the bathroom located in other building! We thought it was unfair to us. We paid full price for 2 set of ensuite rooms. There came an arguement until we told him we would call the tourist police to solve the issue. At last, he decided to give us some of our money back.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Thailand

Very nice hostel. We stayed in a private twin room, which was huge and more like a small flat. It is quite a ways from the JR station, but there is a metro station close by and it is only 170Y fare. Abakusa is in walking distance. The staff is very nice and can give you good tips for Tokyo.

Good choice