Tokyo Hostel

7.8
Very Good 253 Total Reviews

• France, Female, 25-30
31st Aug 2017

Feels homely in the best way. Second visit to this hostel now-no compaints at all, lots of character and personality, people always fun and friendly, staff very helpful and lots of added extras. GO there!

• England, Male, 31-40
21st Jul 2017
4.6

the sole purpose of this establishment is to make money and nothing more.

4th Jul 2017

LOVELY staff. Wished me a happy 4th of July when I checked in. Great locale. I only switched because no one else was there

26th Jun 2017
5.7

This is a mixed review. Because was the last few days of our trip to Japan I wanted our accommodations to be nicer that I found them to be. It just was not what I had expected based on the photos I saw. It was also a bit further from the subway and Asakusa than I thought. The manager was very kind however and they did reimburse me one night of our three night stay as I had decided to find other accommodations for myself and my family. I would recommend Tokyo Hostel for a younger crowd.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
20th Jun 2017

We had a great experience at Tokyo Hostel. Staff is lovely and very helpful, the other guests were very nice! Everything was clean, organized and well stocked; fast internet access, good map selection & powerful showers. Completely recommended it :)

• Australia, Male, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017

employeers are really really awesome and helpfull. very close to train station, 10 minutes walk from asakusa, and 20minutes from ueno!! only 1 negativ thing; I havent stay long enought. 2 weeks was too short

• Australia, Male, 41+
3rd May 2017

MASSAGE CHAIR ! Just saying .. I love this place and will be back .. very close to Asakusa and couple stops from Akihabara's Electronic Town .. Tokyo central is a short train ride .. met some great people here .. and MASSAGE CHAIR !

• pathusson7807
  • USA, Male, 25-30
11th Apr 2017
6.9

If all you want is a cheap bed close to a lot of neighborhoods, this is a good place. However, the place is a little old and tired-looking and the sliding door to the dormitory can wake you if you're a loud sleeper. I saw just one person on staff in my five day visit. He won't become your drinking buddy but he speaks a lot of English. Just don't expect too much service - I arrived to find my key in an envelope with instructions. I only actually saw someone to check in with later that evening.

5th Apr 2017
3.7

This was a DUMP!!! Over-priced supposedly for the blossom season..$120 Can per night for a room that had a broken single bed (the frame was cracked), and a bunk bed that also was bent underneath. The sofa with a pile of dirty blankets should be condemned. The toilet was so small, you had to open the door to use it. The mattress had mildew stains as did the ceiling lamp. The ceiling had peeling paper. The curtains were dusty.

25th Mar 2017
8.0

I had to book a double bed room last minute, at 23pm, and for the price paid it was perfect! Great location and the room has everything you need. The hostel it's also cool and chilled

×