Tokyo Hostel Reviews

3-12-5 Ryusen, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Clean it, paint it, spend a little money on it and let some light in.

I stayed in the 6 female dorm for two nights. The room was quite ok and we had our own fridge and bathroom which was very convenient. It is not my favourite hostel so far but it is a good value for the money considering the prices in Tokyo and it also has a cool chill area outside. One thing that bothered me were all these rules you see written everywhere. I know that Japan is the country of rules but come on, guys, you want to feel a bit welcomed! ;)

This is your typical hostel, so a bit run down in comparison to hostels you normally find in Japan but totally fine. Good common areas including a sweet rooftop. The only gripe I really had was the location, the directions to the hostel were extremely vague and had me lost, and it's like a 15min walk from the train station which is a bit difficult with heavy bags.

Very kind personnel. I recommend this hostel. The good location to allows you to walk to Asakusa. Personnel can advise you the practical informations like shopping, ATM, restaurants, etc.

Good hostel the location let it down a bit but once you get to know the subway its not to bad staff very freindly and helpful

There was abnormal smell once we entered through the door of our room on 1st day of stay. Very small bathroom and toilet room. Staff was good, helpful and friendly. Location was easy access but rather far from subway.

• 8th May 2015
  • Thailand

Enjoyed my stay at the Tokyo hostel good location and friendly staff and the Sumo tour was excellent!!

• 24th Apr 2015

Clean hostel, doesn't look that inviting but has a decent common room where you can meet other travelers

This was a reasonably priced hostel, it was a bit more run down than a lot of the places I stayed. Peeling wallpaper and outdated pictures. It was good value for money and the shared lounge was nice with big TV PS3 and sofas. The staff were pleasant and helpful and despite it's shortcomings it was a decent place to stay - though not the best hostel in Tokyo.

It is around 15 minutes walk away from a subway station It isn't the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in and the door to my room was never locked, the staff weren't overly friendly but it was an ok place to stay at such short notice

Very kind staff, clean facilities, excellent prices, and cool people. They allowed my partner to stay in the single person room with me (he payed, of course). Very flexible.

• 1st Apr 2015

Location could be better, but it's manageable. Place is expensive and cramped for what is basically an very average hostel. Common room feels like an old flat, with musty and aged furniture. Basically as a last resort for a place to sleep it will do. But it;s definitely not the best out there.

It is good place for money. Room are good enough and clean to stay in for the value of rent

• 22nd Mar 2015

Shared a room with 6 women, triple bunk bed style. Great people but meant privacy and quiet hours was limited. Bedding was nice but didn't sleep much. Lockers in room and hot shower. Waking distance to Asakusa and Ueno, but I took the subway at night and with luggage. About 10 minute walk from train station

My main problem with the hostel was just that its location (Taito-ku) is very far away from most places you're trying to go. Some research and knowledge of the subway system are imperative before coming here. As for the hostel itself, everything is fine. The bathroom was clean, the shower was great, there was a nice common space, and the beds were pretty standard for hostels. The manager's English is decent but not great.. still, he's very helpful.

I liked this place because it was good to meet people, which is good if you're newly arrived in tokyo. The common area had a movie area and a kitchen to cook your own food. Useful information around the hostel for things to do and places to go in tokyo. The area was good for supermarkets but far out from shibuya and shinjuku. But whatever, the metro was a 5 min walk from the hostel. This is the cheapest place I could find.

Met great people here, decent price to stay.

Good hostel. Defiantly value for money. We mainly interacted with the night staff who was very helpful but spoke broken English. The day staff had excellent English we went for the sumo tour with him which was epic. The kitchen facilities are small and the fridge stunk but we had our own in the private room so not a huge issue.