Tokyo Hostel Reviews

3-12-5 Ryusen, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The hostel room was filthy when I arrived, although that was due to the occupants. Trash, clothes, personal products, and strands of hair were everywhere. Perhaps a notice to other occupants to help keep the area neat and remind them they are sharing the space.

Excellent staff I highly recomand this place

Staff is very nice, hostel location is very near subway station. Toilet and bathroom is good but lower bed in dormitory is little bit small.This hostel is valuable for this price.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Thailand

Very nice place and really nice staff always here to help. We stayed 3 night in the 6 female dormers and we appreciate our stay . Bathroom and rest room were very clean. Sofa is appreciable, such as lockers in the room. A bit fare from the railway station ( minowa station is about 10/15 mn of walk) but the place is located nearest the centre of the vibrant asakusa area and it s very easy to join it by a 15/20 minutes walk =).

I only stayed one night in the female 6 bed dorm and it was perfect for my needs. As regards location, it's really close to Ueno which is a nice area, and it connects to Roppongi on the subway so you don't have the hassle of changing trains. It's very straightforward to get to from Minowa subway station. It wasn't hotel-standard clean, more like staying at your slightly messy friend's house, which is fine if you're just looking for the basics. The staff were nice and helpful too.

• 15th Mar 2014

There were not really enough showers for the number of people. In addition, some beds never really get warm, evenwith the air conditioning running at full power! Otherwise the hostel is really nice!

Tokyo Hostel was a bit too far off for my liking. In addition to that it's quite a walk from the next subway station. Especially if you use a J-R Pass the location might not be perfect as there is no J-R station nearby. Apart from that I would have rated the hostel at least average if it weren't for the really bad smell in our room and the dirty facilities. That was the only time during my 4-weeks-stay in Japan that I actually considered changing the hostel with still one more night payed for.

Room was ok, location was not, but you get what you pay for.

After hours, you need a keycode to get into the hostel. The storage lockers were large enough to fit all of my belongings, and the room had plenty of space. The staff were very polite and very helpful, answering any questions we had. As the first hostel I've ever stayed at, I was surprised at how clean and orderly everything was, and would definitely stay here in the future again. The only downside is the ten minute walk to the nearest train station.

• 27th Dec 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. Stayed more than once. Staff are really helpful. Location is a nice walk from Asakusa. stores and 7/11s very close by and so is the train line.