Tokyo Hostel Reviews

3-12-5 Ryusen, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Good last minute accommodation.

• 15th Jul 2014

Employees were very friendly and helpful. I went on the fish market tour. It wasn't Tsujiki but it was better, more up close and less crowded. We went for sushi breakfast after. Amazing food and great company!

Not too many sight-seeing places or shops close-by. But loved the atmosphere especially the common room, it feels very open for people to just hang around and socialize. Female dorms have a nice amount of floor space for sorting luggage which is nice. The owner at the hostel was extremely helpful, he even gave me a discount when I had to book an extra day at the hostel. Although the building is a bit run down rooms and washrooms were especially clean. Would definitely stay again.

staffs are very nice, he tried his best to speak English to communicate with the guests.

Bunk beds cramped with low clearance. Close to subway but not walking distance to tourist sites

Very clean place and great staff. Quite far from main Districts but. Close to a station which makes It fine.

The staff was really friendly and helpful when i asked the question about "what to do in my few days in Tokyo. They spoke good english and even guided me to the bus station on my departure day. I can only recommend it as its clean, the staff is nice and it is cheap, what else could you wish for?

Friendly staff and clean, neat accomodation!

very nice hostel with very good staff who would help you with every thing they can. about facilities... you get everything you need! there are even 2 tv's in the lounge and a kitchen for every one to use ( the lounge is quite big). every room the AC and controls. the dorms are quite small but big enough to get by. most of the bad points in this place are in the cosmetic stuff. the lounge is on the second floor so you'll meet only the people that go there and the people ..... running out of char

You definitely get what you pay for here. It's cheap and does the job with friendly staff and a kitchen but they lost the key to my dorm room so I had to hope someone had left it unlocked and the bathroom was broken in my unit so we had to break into other rooms to use theirs. The location isn't ideal, there's not much to do around it and lacks the "Tokyo" nightlife but it's close to the train station.

• 5th Jun 2014

You want sonewhere walking distance from a metro. Taxis are expensive.

• 31st May 2014

Flooding in the toilet and the front desk guy asked us to pay for the repair. Very bad smell in our room. The front desk guy looked us out of our room and he wasnever available.

• 30th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Helpful staff, good english and happy to provide information Hostel 10 mins walk from Minowa station, fairly straight-forward to find. Cleanliness was fine. Unsure about value for money - but prices similar to most other places in Tokyo

I have booked 4 beds and 3 beds with ensuite room for the rest of us 7 people. We got only 4 beds with ensuite room when we arrived. Another room (for 3 people) was separated into another building included only a toilet bowl, the bathroom located in other building! We thought it was unfair to us. We paid full price for 2 set of ensuite rooms. There came an arguement until we told him we would call the tourist police to solve the issue. At last, he decided to give us some of our money back.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Thailand

Very nice hostel. We stayed in a private twin room, which was huge and more like a small flat. It is quite a ways from the JR station, but there is a metro station close by and it is only 170Y fare. Abakusa is in walking distance. The staff is very nice and can give you good tips for Tokyo.

Good choice

I stayed in the 10-person dorm - quite spacious. Getting to the hostel is easy if you are coming from HND airport. Showers are clean and hot. Plenty of 7-11s around to get cash. The host was nice, spoke English, and gives great directions. The wifi went out for two days, and was weak when it did work which made it hard to plan sometimes. There were spacious lounge zones at the hostel. This is where I met about 5 people and hung out a bunch. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

I agree with another reviewer who seemed to feel like this hostel might have been more appealing back in the day but has lost its shine. The location is pretty poor relative to all of the other options you have. Beds small and thin, and 6 bed dorm is mis-advertised considering it is attached to a 4 bed dorm, so more effectively a 10 bed dorm.

This is a nice hostel in a pleasant area of tokyo, 5 minute walk from metro station meaning you can get to ANYWHERE within the hour which is great! Shower was super powerful and hot :)

Room is nice but no staff clean up room during my stay.

• 13th Apr 2014