Tokyo Hostel Reviews

3-12-5 Ryusen, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

It is good place for money. Room are good enough and clean to stay in for the value of rent

• 22nd Mar 2015

My main problem with the hostel was just that its location (Taito-ku) is very far away from most places you're trying to go. Some research and knowledge of the subway system are imperative before coming here. As for the hostel itself, everything is fine. The bathroom was clean, the shower was great, there was a nice common space, and the beds were pretty standard for hostels. The manager's English is decent but not great.. still, he's very helpful.

I liked this place because it was good to meet people, which is good if you're newly arrived in tokyo. The common area had a movie area and a kitchen to cook your own food. Useful information around the hostel for things to do and places to go in tokyo. The area was good for supermarkets but far out from shibuya and shinjuku. But whatever, the metro was a 5 min walk from the hostel. This is the cheapest place I could find.

Met great people here, decent price to stay.

Good hostel. Defiantly value for money. We mainly interacted with the night staff who was very helpful but spoke broken English. The day staff had excellent English we went for the sumo tour with him which was epic. The kitchen facilities are small and the fridge stunk but we had our own in the private room so not a huge issue.

Pretty solid last minute booking. Met everyone in our 10 person room, which was nice. Nice social space in kitchen area. Not many bathrooms, but was never an issue. Not super close to a metro station and in a quiet part of town. Hilarious triple bed bunk beds! It's a bit pricier than cleaner and better located ones, but a good one if everything else is booked.

I am aware that I booked in a high season (new year's) but I think they took advantage about this since this was the most expensive hostel that I stayed on during my whole Japan's experience and it was also the worst in comfort and location.

This hostel was good, fairly basic but not completely dodgy. I told staff a couple of times that there was a bad smell outside my room, and nothing was done about it...

Met a lot of nice backpackers there, but the hostel itself isn't a great one...

Good and cheap hostel, everythings well. Good staff, always helping and good common areas. Wi-fi works perfectly. Clean rooms and good socializing here. Recommended 100%

Bedding was not changed from previous occupant. Cleaning was not up to scratch. Carpet was old and coming up; paint peeling. Bathroom didn't look clean and smelt of urine in the morning. PCs in the foyer looked to be 10 years old. Total renewal required.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Friendly staff

Go for it. The location is a bit boring, but the walk to the subway is not that bad really. The hostel is full of nice details and feels like a good place to meet people. Dorm had it's own fridge, wifi works, no curfew, lockers...