Tokyo Hostel Reviews

3-12-5 Ryusen, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Clean hostel, doesn't look that inviting but has a decent common room where you can meet other travelers

This was a reasonably priced hostel, it was a bit more run down than a lot of the places I stayed. Peeling wallpaper and outdated pictures. It was good value for money and the shared lounge was nice with big TV PS3 and sofas. The staff were pleasant and helpful and despite it's shortcomings it was a decent place to stay - though not the best hostel in Tokyo.

It is around 15 minutes walk away from a subway station It isn't the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in and the door to my room was never locked, the staff weren't overly friendly but it was an ok place to stay at such short notice

Very kind staff, clean facilities, excellent prices, and cool people. They allowed my partner to stay in the single person room with me (he payed, of course). Very flexible.

• 1st Apr 2015

Location could be better, but it's manageable. Place is expensive and cramped for what is basically an very average hostel. Common room feels like an old flat, with musty and aged furniture. Basically as a last resort for a place to sleep it will do. But it;s definitely not the best out there.

It is good place for money. Room are good enough and clean to stay in for the value of rent

• 22nd Mar 2015

Shared a room with 6 women, triple bunk bed style. Great people but meant privacy and quiet hours was limited. Bedding was nice but didn't sleep much. Lockers in room and hot shower. Waking distance to Asakusa and Ueno, but I took the subway at night and with luggage. About 10 minute walk from train station

My main problem with the hostel was just that its location (Taito-ku) is very far away from most places you're trying to go. Some research and knowledge of the subway system are imperative before coming here. As for the hostel itself, everything is fine. The bathroom was clean, the shower was great, there was a nice common space, and the beds were pretty standard for hostels. The manager's English is decent but not great.. still, he's very helpful.

I liked this place because it was good to meet people, which is good if you're newly arrived in tokyo. The common area had a movie area and a kitchen to cook your own food. Useful information around the hostel for things to do and places to go in tokyo. The area was good for supermarkets but far out from shibuya and shinjuku. But whatever, the metro was a 5 min walk from the hostel. This is the cheapest place I could find.

Met great people here, decent price to stay.

Good hostel. Defiantly value for money. We mainly interacted with the night staff who was very helpful but spoke broken English. The day staff had excellent English we went for the sumo tour with him which was epic. The kitchen facilities are small and the fridge stunk but we had our own in the private room so not a huge issue.

Pretty solid last minute booking. Met everyone in our 10 person room, which was nice. Nice social space in kitchen area. Not many bathrooms, but was never an issue. Not super close to a metro station and in a quiet part of town. Hilarious triple bed bunk beds! It's a bit pricier than cleaner and better located ones, but a good one if everything else is booked.

I am aware that I booked in a high season (new year's) but I think they took advantage about this since this was the most expensive hostel that I stayed on during my whole Japan's experience and it was also the worst in comfort and location.

This hostel was good, fairly basic but not completely dodgy. I told staff a couple of times that there was a bad smell outside my room, and nothing was done about it...

Met a lot of nice backpackers there, but the hostel itself isn't a great one...

Good and cheap hostel, everythings well. Good staff, always helping and good common areas. Wi-fi works perfectly. Clean rooms and good socializing here. Recommended 100%

Bedding was not changed from previous occupant. Cleaning was not up to scratch. Carpet was old and coming up; paint peeling. Bathroom didn't look clean and smelt of urine in the morning. PCs in the foyer looked to be 10 years old. Total renewal required.

• 22nd Oct 2014