Tokyo Hostel Reviews

3-12-5 Ryusen, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

A bit out of the way from major tourist areas in the west side of Tokyo, but not too bad if you want to do a lot of exploring around the east side. About a 15 minute walk from Sensoji Temple in Asakusa, quick subway rides to Akihabara and Odaiba. Staff was pleasant, showers were excellent. I had the bottom bunk which, for a tall guy like me, didn't give me much head space. Cheaper than the average hostel in Tokyo.

old, smelly, dirty hostel, rude staff and far away from everything

Big rats in the kitchen !!!!! But rats can't enter your room as long as doors are closed !!! Not very well located .... Close to Ueno but it takes a 25 minutes walk !!! Or 2 stops by subway but transports in Japan stop at midnight. In terms of price .... it should be cheaper !!!! Really cheaper !!!! I was in Sakura Hostel in ikebukuro and it was really much better !!!!

• 17th Sep 2015

Was under construction when we stayed, didn't offer any discount. Location is very poor, not near any metro or JR line and area around is pretty dead. I was staying on the 2nd floor and had to go to the 5th floor for a shower or bathroom

• 17th Sep 2015

Floors smelt of cheese (had to wash all my socks and shoes after) there is only one bathroom as the 2nd floor one is being built (they start work at 9am so no need to set an alarm) so have to use the 5th floor shower/ toilet. Location is ok if you don't mind using the metro all the time to commute. Wifi is good!!

Had an amazing stay and met some amazing new people. The staff took me out to Ueno on a Saturday night and we ended up having quite a wild time.

Had a twin room with ensuite, was lovely and not a bad location!

• 9th Aug 2015

On the whole a really sweet stay but as with all hostels, it's the company that makes it worthwhile. The receptionist was happy to accommodate and the entertainment available was quite impressive. Some of it was a bit dated but there was plenty on offer which took me by surprise!

• 2nd Aug 2015

Clean it, paint it, spend a little money on it and let some light in.

I stayed in the 6 female dorm for two nights. The room was quite ok and we had our own fridge and bathroom which was very convenient. It is not my favourite hostel so far but it is a good value for the money considering the prices in Tokyo and it also has a cool chill area outside. One thing that bothered me were all these rules you see written everywhere. I know that Japan is the country of rules but come on, guys, you want to feel a bit welcomed! ;)