Tokyo Hostel Reviews

3-12-5 Ryusen, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I stayed in the 10-person dorm - quite spacious. Getting to the hostel is easy if you are coming from HND airport. Showers are clean and hot. Plenty of 7-11s around to get cash. The host was nice, spoke English, and gives great directions. The wifi went out for two days, and was weak when it did work which made it hard to plan sometimes. There were spacious lounge zones at the hostel. This is where I met about 5 people and hung out a bunch. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

I agree with another reviewer who seemed to feel like this hostel might have been more appealing back in the day but has lost its shine. The location is pretty poor relative to all of the other options you have. Beds small and thin, and 6 bed dorm is mis-advertised considering it is attached to a 4 bed dorm, so more effectively a 10 bed dorm.

This is a nice hostel in a pleasant area of tokyo, 5 minute walk from metro station meaning you can get to ANYWHERE within the hour which is great! Shower was super powerful and hot :)

Room is nice but no staff clean up room during my stay.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

The hostel room was filthy when I arrived, although that was due to the occupants. Trash, clothes, personal products, and strands of hair were everywhere. Perhaps a notice to other occupants to help keep the area neat and remind them they are sharing the space.

Excellent staff I highly recomand this place

Staff is very nice, hostel location is very near subway station. Toilet and bathroom is good but lower bed in dormitory is little bit small.This hostel is valuable for this price.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Thailand

Very nice place and really nice staff always here to help. We stayed 3 night in the 6 female dormers and we appreciate our stay . Bathroom and rest room were very clean. Sofa is appreciable, such as lockers in the room. A bit fare from the railway station ( minowa station is about 10/15 mn of walk) but the place is located nearest the centre of the vibrant asakusa area and it s very easy to join it by a 15/20 minutes walk =).

I only stayed one night in the female 6 bed dorm and it was perfect for my needs. As regards location, it's really close to Ueno which is a nice area, and it connects to Roppongi on the subway so you don't have the hassle of changing trains. It's very straightforward to get to from Minowa subway station. It wasn't hotel-standard clean, more like staying at your slightly messy friend's house, which is fine if you're just looking for the basics. The staff were nice and helpful too.

• 15th Mar 2014