Tokyo Village Reviews

243-247 Cleveland Street, Surry Hills, Sydney, Australia

I had a short stay, but it was definitly nicer than in one of those huge backpackers. It's located close to the central station. You get your own crockery and cutlery, so you have to take it every time you make a tea. You can have a small breakfast in the morning, which is a plus. The staff is nice and helpful. There is free Wi-Fi, but only 15min per day. If you need more, you have to pay a lot.

Sistemate le voci riguardanti i servizi forniti con informazioni più veritiere

• 11th Nov 2014

Needs a good clean and more bathrooms would be helpful BUT for the location and the price it was a good place to stay

Had a couple issues but it was relatively cheap and in a decent location. One thing - there is clear water damage in room 7... My bunk was the bottom one and the top bunk had a bucket and a towel. Not really a solution to the problem

I was not informed of reception's hours prior to arriving (so couldn't check-in) and had to leave my bags in the living room not a locked storage room. Compared to other hostel's around the world, this was pretty disappointing. The staff that served me seemed to be backpackers. Very forgetful - I had to go back to reception to be told to pay a key deposit and then back again, a 2nd time, to take down my towel number. Bathrooms are filthy but this is what you get. You have to pay for wifi!

Sorry about the inconvenience but a small hostel cannot offer the same service as a 200+ bed hostel but everyone knows everyone usually by name and this gives a security that you will not find in the more popular hostels around the world. And about the WIFI........you get 20 minutes free and it works fast....'free WIFI' usually is slow, full of restrictions etc,etc..................

I had a reservation for a 6 dorm. Those where to full according to the owner. I checked and thought: Yup you are right! Then he said, I have a 10 dorm for the same price. I checked, way more space! So I asked, I would like to have it, but can you then also guarantee that there are only 6 persons will stay at that room? He said, yes! But the same night on 11 pm it was packed with 8 persons. That was such a shame (and they were very loud). Also NO Free Wifi!! Not happy with the hostel!

There is free WIFI . However not unlimited in order to keep the copyright infringement folks happy ! And sorry that we tried to give you the best possible room that was available at the time. I should have put you in a spare bed in a six bed dorm where 5 guys lived happily for the past few weeks without mum washing their socks .........would that have made you happy ?

It was a good anc clean place. The main entrance door even had a security code which was nice. It was close to the city, close to central station so you could walk to it or even to the city. Staff was also pleasant and helpful. The room and bathromm was clean and has enough and suffcient furniture. Really liked it and recommend it.

I really enjoyed my stay in Tokyo Village. The hostel has a nice, relaxed and quiet atmosphere. The staff is exceptionally helping and interested in making your stay enjoyable. The hostel is equipped with all necessities, like plenty of fridge space, cooking utensils, good and warm showers and two computers with free internet access. There is a nice little backyard for hanging out, too. I extended my stay here many times and can only recommend this very international hostel to everyone.

A really nice hostel, very nice staff and great to have your own kitchen kit! The job list was helpful too. Hope to come back soon!

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Great staff, good bunch of people staying at the hostel makes a nice family environment. Only a short stroll from central station and they help find work. Would stay here again

I was not told that the reception would be closed from 1-4pm. We were supposed to arrive around 10am, but got stuck at the immigration due to many people. We were promised with free airport transfer to the hotel, which was appreciated but had to wait for almost an hour. When we arrived, the reception was closed so we could not enter our dorm and had to leave our stuff at the commons room. I would have appreciated if the manager informed us about the office time so we could plan better.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Great hostel, fun people and had some great times. Having work available is also a great bonus!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I booked directly further nights and I think I stay here longer. It is not everything perfect but lovely. All people are very nice and including all new people. The hostel is centrally located, 5 min to the central station. Across the street is a nice park with swimming pool. I would recommend it!

• 16th Sep 2014