Tokyo Village Reviews

243-247 Cleveland Street, Surry Hills, Sydney, Australia

Dirty, no secure parking, room was very small and dirty. Many drunk people.

• 18th Apr 2014

The owners are lovely and very easy going, overall I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a chilled out hostel with a welcoming atmosphere

Had a great time. The fact that only one of the bathrooms is near the sleeping areas is unfortunate though.

Cool hostel in a great location in easy walking distance to central station. Could do with more bathrooms, and the reception to be open for much longer each day. Free Wifi would also be a huge bonus. Great chill out room and large yard with seating. Will definitely stay here every time I'm in Sydney.

Its dirty very basic facilities, did not feel safe

• 20th Feb 2014

Just avoid this and get a box and live on thew street .....you'll have more fun there!

bathrooms were not the best

This place is great I wanna stay for as long as possible!

• 22nd Jan 2014

The room was basic, but fine. We didn't use the kitchen or lounge facilities, but they looked fine. The bathrooms were unclean, and the toilet didn't have toilet paper. We arrived back on Friday evening to the lounge room (that you have to pass through) filled with wasted backpackers smoking inside. The place would be only bearable for a backpacker.

• 13th Dec 2013

The hostel was dirty, the staff were useless, took them an hour to check me in. The woman didn't have a clue what she was doing. There is one toilet per floor for about 25 people. The atmosphere was terrible, and hostel world website said it was $18 per night and in fact it was $30, I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

Had a great stay with amazing people and staff. I will come back. Nothing i can talk about bad. Everthing was perfect for my stay.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Japan

Not enough bathroom for all travelers!!

The staff at this hostel are very disorganised. On my first night, my single room booking had been double booked so I was offered a bed in a dorm room free of charge. The dorm was fine, but if you're after a clean and quiet place to sleep, this is not the hostel for you. Once I changed to the single room as per my original booking, the rest of my stay was comfortable.

• 3rd Nov 2013