Tokyo Village Reviews

243-247 Cleveland Street, Surry Hills, Sydney, Australia

- : Cleanliness reviewed : Kitchen and bathrooms really dirty, showers that will burn or freeze you without warning., very cold in rooms during the night. Bad vibes. !! A boss too present in his customer's live. I gave him my phone number and he has send me unprofessional messages. He continued even through I asked him to stop to contacting me after leaving his hostel. !! + : Good location Conclusion : I'm very surprise to see so much positive reviews for this hostel... Too expensive.

Lovely atmosphere and very friendly staff, everyone knew each other and it felt like one big family. Walking distance to central station and there was a bus stop right outside that takes to the City Center or circular quay. Facilities could do with a bit of an upgrade but is understandable in such an older style terrace like this. Would stay again!

• 15th May 2015

Great hostel with amazing people! Friendly staff and nice and clean rooms. I had a really good time there! Good hostel if you plan to stay for a longer time.

• 10th May 2015

This place was alright. The reception guy was beyond friendly and it had a really nice outdoor common area. However, I was there for two nights and the showers were either constantly occupied or dirty as hell by the end of the day. The girls' dorm had so much furniture thrown around that it felt cluttered and the bed was pretty uncomfortable. Overall, the price for what was offered was alright and I'd stay here again if I needed to, but I was pretty happy to get back to my old hostel.

At first I just thought it was a very decent accomodation, quite clean, a good fridge-system and some nice extras like very cheap bakery stuff a couple of times a week. Then we got to know the owner a little bit, when he supplied us with information on trekking possibilities. It's nice to have a owner who really cares about what's going on in the hostel. Whenever there is a problem he takes it very seriously and deals with it quickly. That makes that you would like to stay for a longer period.

• 21st Mar 2015

Not a big party hostel which for me was a plus but there's still enough merryness to have fun or just chat to travellers. Kitchen facilities are great, unfortunately toilets are a bit of a letdown depending which one you use. Some are ok others are a bit messy and missing things. Rooms good, gets pretty hot up the top and there is no A/C but that's pretty standard for a lot of Sydney hostels. Wi-fi is fine 20 free min/day enough for essentials. Would rather pay by data than time though.

Nice place to stay. One of the few hostels in Sydney where you can park a car.