Tom's Comfort Hostel Waterford Reviews

Rathkieran, Mooncoin, Waterford, Ireland

First off all I think the hostel should change the name into Tom's Unconfort Hostel. We paid €19 to sleep on very uncomfortable folding camping beds with useless pillows as they were that soft that you could roll them and make a filter for Snoop's joint. Mr Tom, when I travel I need to rest also not only to sleep! In the bathroom the toilet paper roll had only 2 sheets not enough for even one. The handwash was off course diluted with water same as the dish soap. PAYMENT SHOWERS!!!

The hostel is ten kilometers outside of Waterford and it can be difficult to get around the area without a car or bike. However, the manager is very friendly and accommodating and there is an excellent atmosphere. I had lots of fun staying there and would definitely come back

friendly hostel with nice obliging owner.

First of all I did enjoy the hospitality shown by the owners. It should make mention 1. It is located about 10-15 kilometres away from town 2. There are no money/cash machines at hostel or at nearest bar 1 kilometre away so take cash with you. 3. Stipulate the times that you will pickup and drop off from bus stop on web site. 4. Extra charges for breakfast and showers - 4.50€ for breakfast and 2€ for showers 5. More of a BnB than hostel. 6. Take food with you Want to say more but no room

Thank you for your stay and we appreciate your feedback. As you only stayed for 1 night, we would like to clarify some points. The hostel is 10 minutes drive away from Waterf. bus station (10km). A shower token is €0.50 allowing for hot water 7/7, 24h/day. The supermarket is 20 min. away walking. We offer self-catering facilities and breakfast is optional from €1 to €4.50 (full range). Pick-up and drop off was complimentary at no charge. Please e-mail re. damage caused to bed.

This was perhaps my favorite hostel out of several that I stayed at whilst in Ireland! It's like a little bed and breakfast in the country, which was a lovely, lovely change from the big cities. The rooms were cute and clean, the owner and his family were so accommodating and warm, and the area was absolutely beautiful. If I ever return to Waterford, I would happily stay there again!

If you plan to visit Ireland this must be your first stop. not only will you have a great time in nature and real Irish local pubs, but Tom will tell you all the places that you need to visit. Not only where there are and how to get there but also he will gave you some secret tips that you can hear only from tourist guides. I will definitely come again.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Croatia

Thanks for the nice welcome with music and dog and cute kittens! Was a to stay at yours!

We loved our stay at Tom's hostel, the location is beautiful however it's not convenient to get to. Tom and his wife were extremely welcoming and friendly. Drove us to the waterford bus station on our departure date, thank you! Tom is knowledgeable and gave great advice!

Loved it! Tom is very friendly and knows a great deal about the town. It is a little ways out of Waterford (2 or 3 hours by foot), but they offer rides into town most mornings! No free breakfast, but there is tea and coffee. The room was very nice and clean.

Thank you Tom for the lovely stay and the wonderful night at the Pub! We loved every second of our one-night stay! :)

Many thanks for your comment and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

The hostel is way better than all of the other hostels (and one hotel) we have been on so far. we came by car, so location is perfect! Absolutley worth the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for your great review. It was a pleasure to have you in the hostel.

Everything is good! Tom is very welcoming. The only thing is the shower time is only 10 mins, it's a bit short especially for Asia girls who has very long hair, Maybe it could be increased to 15-20 mins. Also, there is not enough toilet paper in the bathroom (I guess there is at least 15 guests in the house, but only one toilet paper), we try to call Tom in the evening so as to get some but no one answer the phone (maybe it's too late?).

Hi Girls. Thanks for the advice re long hair. I will keep this in mind. It was a busy evening with many people and sometimes paper is quickly used up, so I quickly replaced it when I got your message. Hope you got out to the pub to enjoy the music!

We really enjoyed our stay in Toms Hostel! Tom is a really nice guy and we felt very welcome from the beginning. But you should know, that you definitely need a car if you want to go into town (especially on Sundays and in the evening), so I would recommend this hostel for families with a car, because of the beautiful landscape and the family atmosphere. Thanks a million!

Thanks for the lovely review. It was a pleasure having met you in the hostel and you were wonderful guests. Sunday evenings are quieter but for the rest of the week we offer a FREE pick up/ drop off to the city centre making it even easier to get about between the hostel and the bus/train station for those who don't have a car.

Great hostel. Very clean and Tom is an awesome guy. Definitely ask him for tips if you're travelling. Out of town a bit so plan how you're going to get there, but scenery it gorgeous.

It was like coming home. Tom was so friendly and gave me a tour of the facilities upon my arrival. They are still working the kinks out and making finishing touches to the food prep/ dining area but everything was functional and comfortable. Everything was very clean and even tho it was out in the country away from town the internet access was above average. I was surprised. Tom is full of stories and great information about the goings on in the area. I fell in love with Al (their dog)