Tom's Hostel Ireland Reviews

Rathkieran, Mooncoin, Waterford, Ireland

Toms Hostel was such a cozy and welcoming environment and Tom was absolutely wonderful. So welcoming and knowledgeable about not only the surrounding area but about all of Ireland. Thanks so much for all your help Tom!

Good staff. Excellent serves. Although a bit remote, but a very good environment. It's a pity. I didn't have much time to enjoy the place.

Tom's hostel should be a destination point for everyone visiting Ireland. He lives in the country with his family but is only about ten minutes from Waterford. Theyre the nicest people we've met so far in Ireland and Aoife's hilarious...that's his little daughter.

Smaller, more intimate hostel. Location is beautiful, quiet countryside. Security is pretty lax, but considering its setting, there doesn't need to be a series of locks to get in. Managers super helpful and interested in interacting. I'd stay here again.

Don't let the distance outside the city put you off from staying here. You would be doing yourself a disservice by missing out on this place. Although they are renovating, it is unobtrusive and the hostel is very clean. They have friendly dogs and a cat, so if you are uncomfortable with that be aware. They are not allowed inside. The staff, all of whom are experienced travelers, are beyond helpful and arriving was a bit like coming home. I was genuinely upset that I couldn't stay longer.

Loved it. The family is helpful and genuine in their kindness. I was sad to leave. How often do you feel sad to leave a hotel/hostel/b & b when you're on vacation (excluding when your vacation is up and you need to return to work of course)? Words cannot cover how much I loved Tom's hostel.

Tom ROCKS! He is so sweet and has the BEST information on where to go! Hostel is VERY clean, in fact they are finishing renovations right now, so everything is new! It is about 10 min from Waterford city, but if you have a car no problem. Parking in the city is like 5 euro for the day. Also, I think Tom would drop you off if you asked, he's so nice. Definitely would stay again!

Excellent hostel. The owner Tom made us feel very welcome. The hostel is situated in beautiful countryside and not too far from a couple of villages. Waterford is a little further away but I believe Tom offers a transfer service at certain times. We were driving so location perfect for us. There's a pub within walking distance. Hostel still undergoing renovation but this didn't affect our stay. It's only going to get better. Overall very comfortable and pleasant stay.

• 3rd May 2014