Tomang Residence Reviews

Jl. Kamboja 35,Kelurahan Jati Pulo, Kecamatan Palmerah,Jakarta Barat, Jakarta, Indonesia

Nice place. Really friendly staff and clean rooms.

• 16th Jul 2014

Beautiful hotel-like atmosphere

A really nice and clean Hotel. Perfect to relax after a stressfull day in a city like Jakarta.

• 4th Jul 2014

Tomang Residence was exactly what we needed in Jakarta. It has just opend a few months ago and all the facilitys are new. the room (and the bathroom) we had was large and always very clean (as the whole residence is). the owner was really friendly and even helped us organising our trip in Indonesia,. he has some great tips for Jakarta itself and Java! It's close to a supermarket but a little out of town, which we enjoyed because of the silence. It's a good place to stay in Jakarta.

I've been traveling thoughout asia for over 6 months and this place is by far the best. It's the perfect place restore from a long days traveling, with super comfy beds, amazing shower and very helpful staff

• 10th Jun 2014

Very friendly staffs, rooms clean,tv and ac!!!

• 22nd May 2014

My boyfriend and I had planned to stay here for three nights and ended up extending for two more. It's within walking distance of two giant malls as well as two different city bus lines. What really made our stay here worth it was the owner and his wife. They went above and beyond to help us enjoy our time in the city- from transportation suggestions to travel tips to where to eat. We definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for a relaxing and easy stay in a hectic city.

This hostel was great, the staff all really friendly and even took us to the lion air office so we could finalise out flights... The hostel is newly opened and has not had many reviews or guests, everything was new the rooms were stunning and a real treat after staying in hostels. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to go to Jakarta, there is also a couple of really nice street food stalls just down the road for some tasty local food. Enjoy...

• 2nd May 2014

One of the best private hostel to date in Jakarta. Reasonably price and strategic location. It was well designed, spacious and minimalist. Bed and pillow was extremely comfortable. It comes with great Internet connection and security as well. Convenience store like Indomaret and malls were nearby. Staff and owner were extremely friendly. Really made me feel at home. Thanks to Eddie, Sri and Lia for the great hospitality. This will be my permanent place when I am in town. - Simon

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

If you're looking for a place to rest in the very crowded Jakarta, this is certainly a place to be. The rooms are very very clean, the airco is doing his job perfectly and the hot shower is awesome. Oh, and the staff is absolutely the most friendly staff I've seen. They were so gently and so caring, it almost felt like family.

By far the best hostel experience I have encountered during my travels. Located not far from the central bus station, from which you can easily get to the old town or the CBD. A completely new building kept very clean and tidy, designed in delicate style by the owning couple, reminding me much of Scandinavian design. High concrete walls around the building and 24h guards ensure high safety. Service is exquisite from all staff at the hostel, making you feel like home at all times. Very affordable

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Norway

The staff were really friendly and go out of the way to help us, including booking taxis for us at 3am, and helping us with translation when we were ordering street food outside the hostel. They also did not chase us out of our rooms with a strict check-out time. We were allowed to stay in our room till our taxi came at 3.30pm. And another guest at the hostel were allowed to stay until their taxi came at 8pm.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Oo I miss this hostel.best you can find . They do all for you.eddie is also good manager.near to bus and train. Best each dolar word.

Nice hotel if you want a room by yourself after arriving in jakarta. The owners are very nice and even walk with you to the supermarket or the bus station.

Among the best-value accommodation I've ever stayed in. Very well-run with staff who go out of their way to help, Brand-new, smart and comfortable. Distance from the city centre is an issue; I found the buses to be unreliable. Breakfast is what you would expect for the price. The ground floor rooms are potentially noisy as they open to the communal area. If you want the room cleaned or bin emptied you will need to ask. Nice terrace at the back.

View all Jakarta Bed and Breakfasts