Tomang Residence Reviews

Jl. Kamboja 35,Kelurahan Jati Pulo, Kecamatan Palmerah,Jakarta Barat, Jakarta, Indonesia

Very nice staff, i suffered from food poisoning while I was in Jkt and they really took care of me!! Thanks again!

Me and my girlfriend stayed here at the beginning and end of our 2 month holiday. The room was big and spotlessly clean, the owner was incredibly friendly and pointed us in the right direction to go exploring Jakarta. On our return (we got in about 2am) we were allowed to stay in the room until 3pm when check out was supposed to be at midday. Then when we came to collect our bags to go to the airport later that day the security guy opened up a spare room and let us shower and get changed.

• 5th Sep 2014

Very, very nice place. Quiet, relaxing atmosphere, perfect to spend a night or two after the long flights=) It is very clean, rooms are good and the reception works 24 hours. The staff is really nice, helpful and friendly. Reccomend 100%.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Slovenia

Very nice hostel with friendly staff in a quiet neighbourhood. We enjoyed exploring the area around the hostel by foot. There's a bus stop around the corner - just 3 bus stops away from Harmoni, the central bus station. Thus, if traffic is good one can reach everything covienently and fast. However, Jakarta is is a very traffic jammed city. Of our 4 days' visit we probably were stuck in traffic for a whole day. Jakarta also doesn't have much of sights to offer. I doubt I will go there again.

Hello. I had a really great time at the hostel. That's why I booked it twice. All people were very nice and very kind. They had always a smile on their face and were everytime helpful (e. g. if you want to plan your sightseeing). Also the rooms are very clean and have a good interior. The house is new built and onIy a few months old. Because of that everything is modern and equal to european standards. I enjoyed my time there very much and hope that I'll go back there someday :) Thank you! :)

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Ukraine

We didn't stay here in the end. Not the hostel's fault. Jakarta was smelly and overcrowded, so we decided to get out of there asap and head for yogya instead.

Very close to the city transport bus station. The rooms a very new and clean. This place is definitely a good choice, even its not on the city center its easy to reach through the closeness to local transport. Additionally 50m from the hostel is a small bus company which drives every hour to bandung. We will stay there again when we leave indonesia. It is a bit hard to find as there is no sign on the outside of the hostel. The stuff is very helpful and friendly.

:)))) to keep it short: very nice and new hostel, quite central in good neighborehood and the friendlyness and warmth of the staff is beyond measure, they helped and assisted me a lot ! Free coffee and tea all day, and the cleanest and most secure hostel I've ever stayed at! BIG RECOMENDATION :))

• 29th Jul 2014

Very clean, quiet and neat place to stay. The staff is really nice and super helpful, especially when we got there at 3 am! The place was a bit hard to find so make sure you either arrange the transportation from the airport with them or that you have a map to show the cab driver!

Very nice, modern and clean hostel with a very helpful manager ready to help you whatever the matter! :-)

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Great athmosphere. Helpfull and kind staff. Owner speaks English very well

Nice place. Really friendly staff and clean rooms.

• 16th Jul 2014

Beautiful hotel-like atmosphere

A really nice and clean Hotel. Perfect to relax after a stressfull day in a city like Jakarta.

• 4th Jul 2014

Tomang Residence was exactly what we needed in Jakarta. It has just opend a few months ago and all the facilitys are new. the room (and the bathroom) we had was large and always very clean (as the whole residence is). the owner was really friendly and even helped us organising our trip in Indonesia,. he has some great tips for Jakarta itself and Java! It's close to a supermarket but a little out of town, which we enjoyed because of the silence. It's a good place to stay in Jakarta.

I've been traveling thoughout asia for over 6 months and this place is by far the best. It's the perfect place restore from a long days traveling, with super comfy beds, amazing shower and very helpful staff

• 10th Jun 2014

Very friendly staffs, rooms clean,tv and ac!!!

• 22nd May 2014

My boyfriend and I had planned to stay here for three nights and ended up extending for two more. It's within walking distance of two giant malls as well as two different city bus lines. What really made our stay here worth it was the owner and his wife. They went above and beyond to help us enjoy our time in the city- from transportation suggestions to travel tips to where to eat. We definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for a relaxing and easy stay in a hectic city.

This hostel was great, the staff all really friendly and even took us to the lion air office so we could finalise out flights... The hostel is newly opened and has not had many reviews or guests, everything was new the rooms were stunning and a real treat after staying in hostels. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to go to Jakarta, there is also a couple of really nice street food stalls just down the road for some tasty local food. Enjoy...

• 2nd May 2014

One of the best private hostel to date in Jakarta. Reasonably price and strategic location. It was well designed, spacious and minimalist. Bed and pillow was extremely comfortable. It comes with great Internet connection and security as well. Convenience store like Indomaret and malls were nearby. Staff and owner were extremely friendly. Really made me feel at home. Thanks to Eddie, Sri and Lia for the great hospitality. This will be my permanent place when I am in town. - Simon

• 30th Apr 2014