Tomato Backpackers Hotel Reviews

Via Silvio Pellico 11, Turin, Italy

It is a really nice hostel with good beds and not that expensive.

• 13th Aug 2014

We didn't sleep in this hostel because they booked us in wrong room. We were traveling together (4 people) and they booked us in 2 dorms for 4 people (2 in each dorm). When we said we are not comfortable, they told us there are guests which arrived 1 day before us (we reserved the room for 4, 2 weeks before). They tried to charge us for the whole stay saying, it is costumary that you pre reserve the whole room (which isn't really logical) but after long conversation they addmited the mistake.

Good hostel, but poor Wifi. And the lounge area is strange! The kitchen needs more utensils, they only had chopping knives...

Didn't realise that it was a hotel and not a hostel until I arrived! It was within good walking distance from the station and everything else in the San Salvario district. We were upgraded to a double room due to construction and it was a fantastic suprise - going the extra mile from the staff! The staff were helpful, except there was one who had just started and didn't really know much. Nice restaurants and bars - I recommend Soul Lab which is on the parallel street. Would stay again!

great location, vibrant neighborhoods to go out for a drink! amazing staff !!

Great stay. The price was fair, the room was nice and clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.The location was good too. An added perk was, that you could get a great cup of coffee for free in the morning.

Tomato's was overall an excellent time! The staff were super friendly and very helpful. The bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen and common area were all very clean. The bikes for rent were in good condition, we took them for an afternoon and rode through the park nearby. It's a little far from the centre of town but only about a 20-25 min walk. The area itself is nice though, right near the park and by some cute cafés and restaurants. A great place to stay!

Loved this hostel! The location was good with it being close to the train stations and some smaller bars however it was a walk from the main sights that are worth seeing (however we still managed to see the sights without using public transport). The staff were so friendly and helpful, they were keen to talk to us and assist in any way that they could! Beds were reasonable and it was nice as we had a balcony. Definitely would recommend! Plus the staff spoke very good English!

This is one of the best hostels I've in, in terms of atmosphere. The staff and layout make it a friendly and relaxed place to be. A massive bonus is check out is at 12. They also have a bar and when I asked for a glass of white wine

OK hostel, nice setup however I didn't particularly like the area in which it was in - probably more to do with the city itself. I found the common room very quiet but they had a spanish guitar in the corner which helped pass the time. No aircon in the room made for some really hot sweaty nights. Cleaner accidentally binned some of my toiletries staff were very helpful in getting them back. They offer bikes for hire which I wished I had done as the city seems good for getting around on bike

NO AIR CONDITIONING. Other than the fact that it was so unbearably hot that I couldn't sleep, the hostel was great.

Very nice hostel, and the people also very nice!

The hostel is very nice, and the staff very good, and the location also very good, near train station. You can get lot of good information there, about food, about places to go, etc. etc. If I would go again to Turin, I would try first at this hostel.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • sdeuvarow

Lovely hostel, extremely clean and very good staff. They made my trip much easier. I will stay again the next time I am in Turin.

I have absolutely only good things to say about tomato backpackers hotel. First of all, you couldn't have been dreaming of a better location. It's just 200 m from the river, and the Piazza Vittorio Veneto was just 10 min away by foot. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was super clean, tidy and cosy. Actually, the whole atmosphere was cozy, with a great lounge/common area Though we had a dorm-room, it had it's own bathroom, and the beds were made every day.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Very good hostel, friendly and helpful staff and rooms were clean.

I had an amazing stay here! The staff were so friendly and the facilities were great! By far the best hostel I've ever been in!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

The hostel was just good. Nice bathroom, nice garden, breakfast was also OK. The staff was in fact very, very great. When we wanted to watch the soccer games we asked them if they knew a good place. They called friends who recommended the places with the most supporters, and gave us several pubs. Maybe it was the fact that we shared our room with an old couple that the hostel was a bit less nice in atmosphere that the other hostels we stayed in, but the stay was good.

Bathroom in single room was too small and the shower was in need of some cleanliness.

Great selection of books.

« first « Prev 1 2 3