Tomato Backpackers Hotel Reviews

Via Silvio Pellico 11, Turin, Italy

I love this hostel and have stayed here a few times, it's in one of the best neighbourhoods in Turin.

Great place with everything in the right place. The spaces are beautiful, location is great, dorms are spacious and the bathroom is clean. However, as this is a backpacker hotel and not a hostel, there is no communal atmosphere and most people keep to themselves. Otherwise, all is good.

I had a pleasant in the hostel. Nice staffs with good and price. Can recommend.

One of the cleaner and more beautiful hostels I've stayed in - shame we only needed to stay one night. Well-located and walkable to the city centre, very good security, friendly and helpful staff, basic breakfast included, nice common room, large kitchen, multiple services offered (computer, bike rentals...) Multiple towels included. Very clean washroom and the bedroom was very nice. I love the Eco-friendly theme with recycled furniture.

Tomato Backpackers deserves a 200% rating! Great staff, great location in a beautiful neighbourhood and good transport to the sights. Super clean, roomy, kitchen & laundry facilities were greatly appreciated. HIGHLY recommended. Tomasso is fantastic and helped me appreciate visiting Torino!

The staff were very friendly, the facilities were awesome. I stayed at a 4 bed dorm and I felt totally safe. I highly recomend this hostel for anyone who wants to discover Torino in a cozy and friendly environment.

This is one the best hostel I ever been, very friendly staff specially Beniamino and Annalisa were very helpful with any question I had. Turin is great city and fun, I came here for watch Juventus play and next time I want to watch Juventus I'd definitely come back to Tomato Backpackers. Thank you Tomato Backpackers I had wonderful time.

It was the best hostel I have stayed so far during all my travels. The staff, location and everything were just perfect. Thank you!

This place has it all: positive energy, beautiful and practical decor, information boards to help guest, lounge music playing, fast PC with internet, free WIFI in the lounge area, free basic breakfast, and delightful people working the front desk. The room was large and it had everything I needed to feel at home. I had access to everything from museums, to cafes, to bars. The train stations are near too with only a 10 minute walk. There are grocery stores too. Everything was perfect here.

The staff was extremely helpful!

• 23rd Apr 2015

This hostel really tries to be environmentally friendly which is cool. Bread and tea for breakfast. The wifi isn't very strong on the upper floors but the lounge had good wifi. I didn't see many people around but I was there on a Thursday. I think this is a nicer place for the older crowd the name backpacker HOTEL was pretty accurate though and it was a good way to end my 2 week trip thru Italy

Very nice staff, clean, good location, close to some bus stations and the train station and next to a nice african restaurant and a super market. Negative things: For me the bed was too hard, and it's very loud outside the hostel during the night.

My stay was great! Good location IF you arrive at Porta Nuova, bad if you arrive at Porta Susa (like myself). The reception area is lovely as was the staff, who gave me an excellent recommendation for where to eat. Besides no wi-fi on the third floor, this was a great stay definitely worth the (cheap) cost!

Great location, especially at night! All the fun pubs, clubs and bars are a block away. Beautiful park on walking distance with view on the Po; overal perfect location. The hostel has a somewhat hidden basement with a nice relaxing area, which unfortunately was empty. Rooms were nice modern and clean, the WIFI wasn't working that well in our bedroom but was just fine downstairs. The breakfast lacks options but was good enough to start your morning!

The location is very close (around 20 minutes' walking distance) to all the major sights and attractions, but it is in a kind of unsafe-feeling neighborhood. I felt that I and my things were very safe inside the hostel, but walking around this area at night did not feel very safe. Other than that, the hostel was very nice and provided towels, a very simple breakfast (just bread and toppings) but also a discount for a cafe nearby if you wanted something more. Overall, a very nice place to stay.

Nice atmosphere and around 15min walking distance to famous sites. The kitchen and couch area downstairs felt warm and cozy :) Having free breakfast was nice but there's only bread and jam so if you're still hungry you've to get some on your own. Reception closes as 12am so you have to make sure that you arrive before that. Laundry is for 5€ (pretty expensive in my opinion but good to have if you need it!) overall a pleasant stay

Great place to stay and well located

• 31st Mar 2015

The area feels a bit dodgy even during the day with lots of men standing out on the street corners, so I didn't like being out by myself at night, but there are some good places to eat close by (but the bars all looked empty!). It was about a 15-20minute walk into the main city area. The hostel is nice though and the staff are helpful. The room and bathroom was clean. It was very quiet when I was there. The wifi didn't work very well in the rooms.

A great backpackers hostel - a cool, quirky and well designed place with good facilites (and inclusive breakfast). The owner was a dude who looked after us really well throughout the stay. Seemed quite quiet but I imagine it was due to the season. Cool bars and places to eat in the nearby streets. Would absolutely go back if in Turin and would recommend to all who plan to visit!

• 29th Mar 2015

Near train station, some distance to city center. Nice and modern place. Helpful staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3