Tomato Backpackers Hotel Reviews

Via Silvio Pellico 11, Turin, Italy

very basic breakfast is only a spoonful nutella

We stayed for 2 nights and were warmly greeted on arrival and shown all the facilities and to our room and given a good restaurant recommendation for eating that night. The Tomato backpackers hostel is located in a nice area of Turin close to good restaurants and bars and less than 10 minute walk from the railway station, the staff are very friendly and efficient and if visiting Turin again I would stay here again.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

A really lovely hostel. The private room we stayed in was very clean, tidy and with excellent facilities. Both members of staff we saw were friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is basic but helps you start your day with coffee, bread and jam. The kitchen is also a little basic but this is a small thing as this hostel is really worth choosing if coming to Turin.

• 8th Jun 2015

Ideal place, whether you are a backpacker or a little old lady like myself. Particularly excellent the spirit of the people who work there. Lovely atmosphere.

Only stayed in Turin for 1 night in-between places but the hostel was nice! Bedrooms and bathrooms for each room were very clean and spacious. Staff were friendly.

Fantastic location and friendly staff

• 28th May 2015

Pros: Really excellent staff, especially Tomasso, who gave great ideas for places to eat with the locals, hiking trails, and lots of smiles. Clean facilities, bathroom, good WiFi, tasty espressos, computer access a big plus! Neat basement with lounge and kitchen. Cons: In our room there were three very nice beds and one very high and very wobbly top bunk. Did not enjoy said wobbly bunk, felt like I got the short end of the stick. Overall, really enjoyed our stay.

I love this hostel and have stayed here a few times, it's in one of the best neighbourhoods in Turin.

Great place with everything in the right place. The spaces are beautiful, location is great, dorms are spacious and the bathroom is clean. However, as this is a backpacker hotel and not a hostel, there is no communal atmosphere and most people keep to themselves. Otherwise, all is good.

Nice place and good staff.

I had a pleasant in the hostel. Nice staffs with good and price. Can recommend.

One of the cleaner and more beautiful hostels I've stayed in - shame we only needed to stay one night. Well-located and walkable to the city centre, very good security, friendly and helpful staff, basic breakfast included, nice common room, large kitchen, multiple services offered (computer, bike rentals...) Multiple towels included. Very clean washroom and the bedroom was very nice. I love the Eco-friendly theme with recycled furniture.

Tomato Backpackers deserves a 200% rating! Great staff, great location in a beautiful neighbourhood and good transport to the sights. Super clean, roomy, kitchen & laundry facilities were greatly appreciated. HIGHLY recommended. Tomasso is fantastic and helped me appreciate visiting Torino!

The staff were very friendly, the facilities were awesome. I stayed at a 4 bed dorm and I felt totally safe. I highly recomend this hostel for anyone who wants to discover Torino in a cozy and friendly environment.

This is one the best hostel I ever been, very friendly staff specially Beniamino and Annalisa were very helpful with any question I had. Turin is great city and fun, I came here for watch Juventus play and next time I want to watch Juventus I'd definitely come back to Tomato Backpackers. Thank you Tomato Backpackers I had wonderful time.

It was the best hostel I have stayed so far during all my travels. The staff, location and everything were just perfect. Thank you!

This place has it all: positive energy, beautiful and practical decor, information boards to help guest, lounge music playing, fast PC with internet, free WIFI in the lounge area, free basic breakfast, and delightful people working the front desk. The room was large and it had everything I needed to feel at home. I had access to everything from museums, to cafes, to bars. The train stations are near too with only a 10 minute walk. There are grocery stores too. Everything was perfect here.

The staff was extremely helpful!

• 23rd Apr 2015

This hostel really tries to be environmentally friendly which is cool. Bread and tea for breakfast. The wifi isn't very strong on the upper floors but the lounge had good wifi. I didn't see many people around but I was there on a Thursday. I think this is a nicer place for the older crowd the name backpacker HOTEL was pretty accurate though and it was a good way to end my 2 week trip thru Italy

Very nice staff, clean, good location, close to some bus stations and the train station and next to a nice african restaurant and a super market. Negative things: For me the bed was too hard, and it's very loud outside the hostel during the night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3