Tomato Backpackers Hotel Reviews

Via Silvio Pellico 11, Turin, Italy

The staff was extremely helpful!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Very nice staff, clean, good location, close to some bus stations and the train station and next to a nice african restaurant and a super market. Negative things: For me the bed was too hard, and it's very loud outside the hostel during the night.

My stay was great! Good location IF you arrive at Porta Nuova, bad if you arrive at Porta Susa (like myself). The reception area is lovely as was the staff, who gave me an excellent recommendation for where to eat. Besides no wi-fi on the third floor, this was a great stay definitely worth the (cheap) cost!

Great location, especially at night! All the fun pubs, clubs and bars are a block away. Beautiful park on walking distance with view on the Po; overal perfect location. The hostel has a somewhat hidden basement with a nice relaxing area, which unfortunately was empty. Rooms were nice modern and clean, the WIFI wasn't working that well in our bedroom but was just fine downstairs. The breakfast lacks options but was good enough to start your morning!

The location is very close (around 20 minutes' walking distance) to all the major sights and attractions, but it is in a kind of unsafe-feeling neighborhood. I felt that I and my things were very safe inside the hostel, but walking around this area at night did not feel very safe. Other than that, the hostel was very nice and provided towels, a very simple breakfast (just bread and toppings) but also a discount for a cafe nearby if you wanted something more. Overall, a very nice place to stay.

Nice atmosphere and around 15min walking distance to famous sites. The kitchen and couch area downstairs felt warm and cozy :) Having free breakfast was nice but there's only bread and jam so if you're still hungry you've to get some on your own. Reception closes as 12am so you have to make sure that you arrive before that. Laundry is for 5€ (pretty expensive in my opinion but good to have if you need it!) overall a pleasant stay

Great place to stay and well located

• 31st Mar 2015

The area feels a bit dodgy even during the day with lots of men standing out on the street corners, so I didn't like being out by myself at night, but there are some good places to eat close by (but the bars all looked empty!). It was about a 15-20minute walk into the main city area. The hostel is nice though and the staff are helpful. The room and bathroom was clean. It was very quiet when I was there. The wifi didn't work very well in the rooms.

A great backpackers hostel - a cool, quirky and well designed place with good facilites (and inclusive breakfast). The owner was a dude who looked after us really well throughout the stay. Seemed quite quiet but I imagine it was due to the season. Cool bars and places to eat in the nearby streets. Would absolutely go back if in Turin and would recommend to all who plan to visit!

• 29th Mar 2015

Near train station, some distance to city center. Nice and modern place. Helpful staff.

Very welcoming and clean. Reminded of a hotel as it had a small bar and lift. Very close to places to eat and not far from the station. Would be quite far with a big luggage but do able with a small one. Very quiet and focuses on environmental sustainability which is great!

Decent. Breakfast could include more though.

Only complaint which was not really their fault was that they recommended a meatball restaurant on the other side of the road. It tasted good but I'm fairly sure it gave me food poisoning. Not sure how stringent the food hygiene standards are enforced for such a place especially as they admitted to not technically being a restaurant and I was the only one there. Otherwise the hostel was great

A really good hostel, on of the best I've been to.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Tomato Backpackers. Good location, fantastic staff, and a great friendly vibe. Will definitely stay there again next time I am in Torino !

Nice stay there. I arrived in Torino in the morning, leave my luggage there in a anywhere room , the staff give me a map and some instructions. I stayed just one night but it was ok, 4 beds, ensuite bathroom (big), a cool place in the ground. They serve breakfast but I checkout before it. Nice!

The wifi did not work in rooms but were good in the common area. The walk to the hostel from the station is short but I didn't really feel very safe. A lot of guys hanging around in the streets around the hostel.

The last two years I travelled a lot for short periods of time and I found good hostels in the big cities, but this is, definitely, the best. Unfortunately, I stayed only a night, but I'm sure I'll come back soon.

The best hostel I've ever visited. Thanks a lot, Melania.

Only stayed here one night but the hostel seemed to have a great set up with lots of support for travellers. The staff were really helpful. I was sad not to have more time to use the hostel properlyn

« first « Prev 1 2 3