Tomato Backpackers Hotel Reviews

Via Silvio Pellico 11, Turin, Italy

Only complaint which was not really their fault was that they recommended a meatball restaurant on the other side of the road. It tasted good but I'm fairly sure it gave me food poisoning. Not sure how stringent the food hygiene standards are enforced for such a place especially as they admitted to not technically being a restaurant and I was the only one there. Otherwise the hostel was great

A really good hostel, on of the best I've been to.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Tomato Backpackers. Good location, fantastic staff, and a great friendly vibe. Will definitely stay there again next time I am in Torino !

Nice stay there. I arrived in Torino in the morning, leave my luggage there in a anywhere room , the staff give me a map and some instructions. I stayed just one night but it was ok, 4 beds, ensuite bathroom (big), a cool place in the ground. They serve breakfast but I checkout before it. Nice!

The wifi did not work in rooms but were good in the common area. The walk to the hostel from the station is short but I didn't really feel very safe. A lot of guys hanging around in the streets around the hostel.

The last two years I travelled a lot for short periods of time and I found good hostels in the big cities, but this is, definitely, the best. Unfortunately, I stayed only a night, but I'm sure I'll come back soon.

The best hostel I've ever visited. Thanks a lot, Melania.

Only stayed here one night but the hostel seemed to have a great set up with lots of support for travellers. The staff were really helpful. I was sad not to have more time to use the hostel properlyn

The receptionists were fantastic. They gave me a lot of information about the city and were very gentle. I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 28th Jan 2015

I've stayed in the Tomato Hostel for 2 days in beginning of 2015. It is one of the best hostels I've every been. The staff is really friendly and can give you a lot of travel tips if you ask. The room was clean and you had a lot of place for your stuff. The location is close to the station and there are a lot of good restaurants around. The most important sights can be found within walking distance.

It was very clean, comfortable, they even provided towels for free. The staff was very helpful and nice. The location is cool, just around the block there quite a few good restaurants and bars. Walking to the historic center takes less than 15 minutes. Great hostel!

Absolutely brilliant place. The staff were so friendly and helpful my room was very clean. Only downside is that the pillows were awful but that's it!

A lovely hostel in a lovely city.

Clean spacious rooms. Eco-friendly. Helpful and friendly staff. Location was about a 10 minute walk to city centre. Supermarkets nearby. Apparently it is near the nightclub area, but it wasn't noisy. Good Kitchen, Great common areas! -plenty of books, board games and even fooseball!

Great hostel in a good location only short walking distance from Port Nuova and short walk from town centre. Good space and meeting areas. Very friendly helpfull staff. Would stay again.

I ve stayed in that hostel for 2 days. Strategic position close to the train station, Parco del Valentino and night life area. Not too far from the city center, in 15 minutes, we reached the main square. Good services , free wifi and comfy environment and for those who love reading! in fact, it s perfect due to the massive collection of books. Staff kind and ready to help, furthermore they are informed about every single events in Turin. I'll book at Tomato in the future, definitely!!!!

• 2nd Jan 2015

the people who work in Tomato Hostel were really helpful, cheerful and easygoing and the hostel is located good place. Also hostel is kind a fancy place and its facilities were good.

Great place

Good location, short walk to the main train station and the city center. Basic breakfast included in the price, complementary tea offered all day. Basic facilities. Towels included with the single room. The room had a somewhat unpleasant smell that I couldn't get rid off no matter how long the windows were open.

It's nice, clean and very good located. The staff is pleasant. Definitely i'll go again!

• 29th Nov 2014