Tomato Backpackers Hotel Reviews

Via Silvio Pellico 11, Turin, Italy

OK hostel, nice setup however I didn't particularly like the area in which it was in - probably more to do with the city itself. I found the common room very quiet but they had a spanish guitar in the corner which helped pass the time. No aircon in the room made for some really hot sweaty nights. Cleaner accidentally binned some of my toiletries staff were very helpful in getting them back. They offer bikes for hire which I wished I had done as the city seems good for getting around on bike

NO AIR CONDITIONING. Other than the fact that it was so unbearably hot that I couldn't sleep, the hostel was great.

Very nice hostel, and the people also very nice!

The hostel is very nice, and the staff very good, and the location also very good, near train station. You can get lot of good information there, about food, about places to go, etc. etc. If I would go again to Turin, I would try first at this hostel.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • sdeuvarow

Lovely hostel, extremely clean and very good staff. They made my trip much easier. I will stay again the next time I am in Turin.

I have absolutely only good things to say about tomato backpackers hotel. First of all, you couldn't have been dreaming of a better location. It's just 200 m from the river, and the Piazza Vittorio Veneto was just 10 min away by foot. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was super clean, tidy and cosy. Actually, the whole atmosphere was cozy, with a great lounge/common area Though we had a dorm-room, it had it's own bathroom, and the beds were made every day.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

I had an amazing stay here! The staff were so friendly and the facilities were great! By far the best hostel I've ever been in!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

The hostel was just good. Nice bathroom, nice garden, breakfast was also OK. The staff was in fact very, very great. When we wanted to watch the soccer games we asked them if they knew a good place. They called friends who recommended the places with the most supporters, and gave us several pubs. Maybe it was the fact that we shared our room with an old couple that the hostel was a bit less nice in atmosphere that the other hostels we stayed in, but the stay was good.

Bathroom in single room was too small and the shower was in need of some cleanliness.

I was really blown away by how helpful the staff were. I loved that the rooms were really clean and the atmosphere of the hostel was really homely and quaint. I really enjoyed my stay.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Israel

Very close to Stazione Porta Nuova. It was very clean. The room was very big, with bathroom inside, the bed comfy. Some bread and coffee for free in the morning. There's a little bar/kitchen but not sure if it's possible to cook there. Lockers with key. I recomment it

The only thing I would change are the lockers! They are too small, but other than that it's a great hostel. The staff it's friendly and helpful.

A nice and neat hotel with very helpful staff and map, the free breakfast is also good! But the location is a bit not convenient enough, however, for such price offered, it is more than what we can ask for :) Had a good sleep there and will be back!

Excellent place to be in Turin. Friendly staff, good location nearby the train station and also the Po river with some nice parks.

The staff was great and extremely helpful. The place itself is close to the train station, but a fairly long walk away from anything else (renting a bike was fun though). The hostel had the friendliest and most chill atmosphere we experienced during our EuroTrip. The only thing that we didn't like was the free "breakfast". It was just toast, but they did have a special deal with a great breakfast place around the corner (just 9 Euros for two complete and really good breakfasts). Overall, great!

Nice staff, clean and all facilities are there. Convenient location near metro. Small lockers, no locks on them.

This hostel was very nice and clean. Bed was comfortable and I really liked the bathroom. Lockers were pretty small but I shared my room with nice people so I wasn't worry about my stuff. I was able to leave my luggage to the hostel for a day after check-out which was nice. Staff was very kind and hostel was trendy. Location near the railway station was good. There was quiet at the night time.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Finland

离车站很近,买日用品也很方便,很干净。服务也不错。

All you can expect from a very decent hostel! Just consider the reception is not open 24hours.

Staff were very friendly. Even when I was on the street they recognised me and said hello. No complaints about hostel itself: it was perfect! I would definitely return. Only complaint is about the area between hostel and station. It felt a bit seedy for a solo female. However, I avoided this area, opting to walk the long was around and had no problems at all.

« first « Prev 1 2 3