Tomato Kyoto Station Reviews

135, Shimizu, Siokoji-Horikawa-Nishi, Shimogyo, Kyoto, Japan

The staff were really nice, the bathrooms were fine, but the beds were super uncomfortable and the place didn't feel so clean as we have got used to in Japan. It's was fine but I wouldn't go back unless I was out of other options

Very helpful and nice staff. Practical place if one are planning to travel out from Kyoto with the JR pass a lot since it's really close to Kyoto Station.

The staff were extremely kind and thoughful. They offered to loo after my bag even though I was a few hours earlier than expected.

Strong points: close to main station, cheap price Negative points: No smoking area, no entertainment As just a place to take shower and sleep, this hostel is good

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Japan

Staff were very friendly and helpful. the hostel was clean and comfortable and good for money!

• 26th Jul 2015

Thank you guys:) I enjoyed talk to you guys when you were checking in ;) ARIGATO!!!

Stayed for two nights, slept really well in the dorm. Also enjoyed the common room a bit. Good location near the railwaystation and good bike rentals nearby.

It's a clean hostel where staff is so kind,but time of check in is poor, only in the evening. It would be better 24 hours.and beds are very uncomfortable.

Very affordable Hostel and close to Kyoto Station where you can take a bus to many of the sites. Staff are welcoming, the facilities are clean and is in a safe area. As much as you will be enjoying Kyoto you really don't need to much for a place to stay.

Good location close to the main Kyoto station, which is what I needed for quickly traveling between cities by JR pass. Rooms were nice, as were the facilities. Ample storage, clean bathrooms and showers, and it appeared to have a kitchen for use. My gripe is that the bed mattress was pitifully thin, if I slept on my side I could feel the wood platform digging into me and it was hard to sleep in any position except for flat on my back. Thankfully I was only using this as a one night stop.

As a bed for a night it was okay. However, I would not recommend to stay there for longer, e.g. 5 days or so.

• 16th May 2015

Great, friendly and super helpful staff. Easy to find and close to some attraction.

Staff unfriendly and only available during very limited office hours. Required to make/ strip your own bed at arrival/ departure. Linien privided not sufficient: 1 pillow case & 1 sheet. No garbidge bin in room provided as garbage is required to be disposed in kitchen or infront of office only (both down stairs). These issues make cleanliness of hostel doubtful. Not permitted to walk fast at any time and speak after 9pm as the complete building will impacted: vibration and noise levesl.

• 11th May 2015

The location of this hostel is fine. Not too far from thr train station and can easily access to the bus stop. Only a poor thing is bath room, when i was there one out of two can't use warm water.... Recommend avoid the rush hour ( bcoz there're 2 bath rooms in the hostel) . Other than that are fine, i think.

Pros: 10mins walk to Kyoto Station, although you might want to consider taking a taxi with heavy luggage. Staff are super helpful and funny. Went with a friend and lucky us we got to share with 2 very nice people. Cons: only 2 showers and a tiny kitchen for the whole hostel. I am an early riser so I manage to beat the morning rush to the toilet :) Verdict: Would consider this place solely on the location.

nice hostel