Tombstone Backpackers Reviews

16, Gravesend Place, Picton, New Zealand

Definately my favorite hostel in all my stay in new zealand. My room had a great view, and the mattress are really confortable. The free breakfast is great and the daily hand made cheese scones are to die for. The owners make you feel at home and when I was there they even baked cupcakes for a guest because it was her birthday, really nice gesture. The atmosphere is really good with 3 common 'rooms' and the porch with free pool and darts. They also have a free shuttle.

Great hostel, friendly staff and comfy beds. Bathrooms were really clean and the showers were some of the best I've come across in a hostel.

Great place to stay - the free breakfast was unexpected, and very welcome (excellent scones, by the way - freshly baked!). The owner/manager was also very acommodating, offering drop offs to the ferry etc.

One of the best hostel I have stayed in New-Zealand and I will definitely be back. Great atmosphere, great decoration, good facilities with a delicious breakfast (the scones are to die for), a spa pool, "fitness center", free wifi, billiard, reading room, tv room, fully equipped kitchen, comfortable rooms with two pillows and great duvet for cold nights, clean and practical bathrooms. It's a bit of a walk from town, but they offer free shuttle. Definitely worth the extra walk!

You can reach the hotel by feet from the ferry terminal and the staff is always ready to give you a ride. Many common spaces in the main building will make your stay pleasant : TV room, computers rooms, piano...

Tombstone really is a home away from home, with the majority of guests (at least when I was there) also being staff members, so of course this was their home. That added to feel and created a "regulars" atmosphere which was enjoyable :) with loads of different living spaces and sofas to accommodate all, plus a roaring fire and two cats you're ally can't go wrong. An outdoor area with some birds, great views and hot tub didn't hurt either! Plus my dorm had another outdoor spot with a drying line!

I would only use this hostel when I'm next in Picton.

Excellent showers, really good wifi for free, nice and spacious common areas with a great sundeck and very tasty breakfast with the fresh scones straight from the oven! A bit "out of town" but doesn't really matter since Picton is so small anywwy and they arrange a pick-up and drop off to the ferry or bus if you need! Enjoyed my stay a lot!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in NZ. Rooms and facilities are super-clean and modern and everything's made for you to enjoy your stay: free pool, free darts, free spa... FREE BREAKFAST with gorgeous homemade scones... Bonuses are: lovely owner and cute cats to guard the property. Although some may think it's a bit far from the town center, I think the quiet location is very enjoyable. And everything remains within walking distance (are you a backpacker or what?). Definitely recommend.