Tombstone Backpackers Reviews

16, Gravesend Place, Picton, New Zealand

Top notch hostel!

Fab service from time of booking through to drop off. Excellently run, comfy,clean. Breakfast bonus. Nice and quiet with harbour view. Great value.

• 11th Oct 2015

Good hostel, but couldnt understand the 97% rating it received.The main drawbacks are location & lack of wifi in rooms, also no lockers in room. Other than that i expected to get a better breakfast (only scones and jam) from 97% hostel. Bottom line, it's a decent hostel, just dont raise your expectations too high.

Amazing !!:D I loved it ! Absolutely nothing bad to say !

Excellent! Nikki and Gary do a great job of making you feel at home. Lovely to wake up to hot scones and jam. The short walk to town is nice and certainly not a problem. We were met at the ferry and dropped at the station, couldn't ask for more. We will be back.

Very friendly owners and staff, the fluffiest James Bond villan style white cat lives there too!

Another fantastic hostel in NZ! Fresh scones for breakfast, great facilities (including a hot tub, gym, pool table and cats!) The owners and staff were fab too. Loved it :)

My only gripe is that I didn't stay longer! Excellent rooms and kitchen area. Plenty of places to relax. Excellent free unlimited wifi. Lovely and warm. Super close to the ferry terminals and shops. Friendly owner/staff.

They've really hit the nail on the head with this hostel. Warm, comfortable and the owner gave me a lift to the ferry terminal. Top marks all round.

Spotlessly clean, great facilities, and Gary is a class act (very helpful), and the addition of free freshly baked scones in the morning was the icing on the cake. Free wifi, snooker/table tennis, and excellently placed to access the queen Charlotte track through Malborough Sounds

We loved our stay and will definitely stay again next time . The most reasonably priced accommodation on our trip - and free breakfast too! A room to read, a TV room, a hit spa, friendly staff and great location in picturesque Picton

After concluding a three-week stay in NZ, I can definitively say that this was my favorite hostel. Perhaps ever! Very relaxed atmosphere where cats calmly nap by the fire and the conversation leans on the philosophical... Paradise. Great access to town while remaining separate from it; free bike borrowing at the hostel. Lovely hike out to "The Snout." Overall a great hostel and location in the world.

This was definitely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed. I got a cold while I was staying there and I was able to get all the rest and comfort I needed.

• 28th Jun 2015

Amazing hostel- good wifi in the common areas, hot showers, great breakfast, milk for tea/coffee (a winner in my book), helpful owners. Super nights sleep

The hosts were very accommodating! Caught a free ride down to the grocery store from them. We walked from the ferry terminal to the hostel without a problem. Kitchen was nice and clean. Only thing I would have hoped is that they had some spices and oil that guests could use sparingly. Unlimited wifi is really nice to have. Thanks for that. Great rooms and nice private bathrooms. Excellent service and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

This is a really wonderful place to stay. The owners go out of their way to make you feel welcome. A delicious breakfast is also included in the price. Free WiFi and lifts to the ferry are just some of the other advantages! I would definitely stay here again.