Tombstone Backpackers Reviews

16, Gravesend Place, Picton, New Zealand

Definately my favorite hostel in all my stay in new zealand. My room had a great view, and the mattress are really confortable. The free breakfast is great and the daily hand made cheese scones are to die for. The owners make you feel at home and when I was there they even baked cupcakes for a guest because it was her birthday, really nice gesture. The atmosphere is really good with 3 common 'rooms' and the porch with free pool and darts. They also have a free shuttle.

Great hostel, friendly staff and comfy beds. Bathrooms were really clean and the showers were some of the best I've come across in a hostel.

Great place to stay - the free breakfast was unexpected, and very welcome (excellent scones, by the way - freshly baked!). The owner/manager was also very acommodating, offering drop offs to the ferry etc.

One of the best hostel I have stayed in New-Zealand and I will definitely be back. Great atmosphere, great decoration, good facilities with a delicious breakfast (the scones are to die for), a spa pool, "fitness center", free wifi, billiard, reading room, tv room, fully equipped kitchen, comfortable rooms with two pillows and great duvet for cold nights, clean and practical bathrooms. It's a bit of a walk from town, but they offer free shuttle. Definitely worth the extra walk!