Tombstone Backpackers Reviews

16, Gravesend Place, Picton, New Zealand

Wonderful hostel! Facilities were great, hot tub overlooking the city/ocean was a really nice touch. Very close to the ferries, excellent wifi, free breakfast, nice beds. Ran by a lovely couple who upgraded our room without asking, at no extra charge! Would highly recommend staying at this hostel and would definitely stay there again.

Had a very good time, enjoyed sitting in the hot tub and watching the ferries leave and arrive. Met some great people also. Free lift to/from ferry/bus is awesome!

Really at crawling distance from the blueridge ferry. Great atmosphere, relaxed people and super friendly staff. Also, the free scones at breakfast, jacuzzi and the offer to bring me to the i-site from the hostel didn't hurt... ;) I had the single room with a double bed, which had enough electric sockets and an electric blanket which I loved. A very good matrass as well. I'd definitelly stay here again if I'm around! The only downside was the limited (free) wifi connection in the rooms.

Clean, Quiet, great Views, hot tub, free Wi Fi and free breakfast. One of the best places I have stayed in and had a great night sleep. While in Picton stay here. Kitchen and common area are very good for socializing with other travelers. The owner is very friendly and gave me a ride to to ferry station,

• 4th Oct 2014

Definately my favorite hostel in all my stay in new zealand. My room had a great view, and the mattress are really confortable. The free breakfast is great and the daily hand made cheese scones are to die for. The owners make you feel at home and when I was there they even baked cupcakes for a guest because it was her birthday, really nice gesture. The atmosphere is really good with 3 common 'rooms' and the porch with free pool and darts. They also have a free shuttle.