Tony's House Hotel Reviews

30 Norfolk Square, Hyde Park, London, England

Quite possibly one of my least enjoyable stays in London. For £50 a night I had a horrible, Harry potter style room with much of the room being dirty and broken. The window didn't stay open, carpet was stained and smelly and upon pulling back the sheets for the night had at least 4 different types of/peoples hair in the bed. I just felt dirty being in the room. Shower was unventlilated and small under the stairs. A pity as the staff and foyer was very nice! Not what I expected at all.

Perfect location off a major tube station with accessibility to anywhere in London. Complimentary continental breakfast included with every stay. Nice staff and helpful when booking excursions. Quite neighborhood on the edge of Hyde Park!

Mentioning that there are several floors, narrow corridors and stairs and no lift would have been appreciated. However, I did appreciate that one of the staff carried my suitcase to the top floor, though when it came to checking out, I had to struggle down all the stairs on my own. Although the description mentioned shared bathrooms I was relieved to find that the room i had booked had it's own bathroom; toilet and shower.

Great value for money. Room was small, but well equipped with tea/coffee station, iron, blow dryer and extra blankets. Dont expect a very comfortable bed, but its more than acceptable .Staff were friendly staff and helpful. Other reviews complained about breakfast, but I thought it was more than fine considering the price of the room. Shared facilities are clean and stocked. I never encountered anyone that needed the bathroom/shower same time I did, so no problem. I would recommend.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Excellent location and friendly staff but would have been helpful to know in advance that payment by card incurred a 10% charge. Superficially clean but I found crumbs under the furniture and in the drawers. Thankfully the sheets were clean and I was grateful that extra blankets were provided. Breakfast filling but unhealthy - could have been of a much higher quality without much effort.

• 2nd Mar 2014