Torquay Backpackers Hostel Reviews

119 Abbey Road, Torquay, England

I spent 3 nights at Toruqay backpackers and it was really nice! Everyrthing was clean, there is intimacy when you're in your bed and you feel very welcome there! There is a very friendly atmosphere that you don't find in every backpackers hotel. Besides Torquay is wonderful and there are so much things to do in the area! The location is nice, there are shops near by and the center is quite close too!

The owner Sean was very friendly. Atmosphere was good. Well equipped kitchen. Common rooms and outdoor area were great. My room was big and there were lockers underneath the bunk beds. My matress wasn't very comfortable.

It was a bit of a trek from the train station up a hill but had a bit of a veiw. Good atmosphete with an activity organised on the friday arvo. The toilet on top floor had no sink tho so had to go into room or downstairs to wash hands. A place for younger travelers to meet.

Stayed for one night was nice room was very small. Bathroom was nice an spacious lounge area is quite small. There are a lot of permanent people that stay at this hostel who were nice an inviting. Overall nice stay just wish torque weather was better when I was there.

Nice friendly Hostel, not far from the coast and harbour in Torquay. Stylish beds, water taps in rooms, beds with storage spaces, neat and clean. What could I complain about?

Perfect.. Lovely stay will be back!

Our experience of this backpackers was appalling. We did not get what we had booked and the staff treated us terribly, even arguing with us instead of offering a solution. We were so unimpressed that we ended up leaving and staying somewhere else- where the hotel manager told us that the backpackers has a bad reputation in the area.

Great little place in Torquay, accommodating staff, friendly atmosphere. Good location, would stay again!

Good hostel BUT the toilets and showers were in the same room (one toilet and one shower in each room) and there were only three showers. Plan your mornings so you don't get caught out!

Good Hostel, excellent location. Could have more bathrooms/showers so that is the only downside (and the casino opposite which lured us in!!)

Great location. The staff were friendly. Large kitchen.

really nice stay, great location and facilities. Staff and other guests were very friendly, will be back soon!

We were very nicely welcomed by receptionist Zosia who gave us all needed information and answered all our questions throughout the visit. So well done Zosia!! Unfortunately, the quality of the place disappointed us, the bedroom standards and lack of hand wash in the room wasnt nice. And also the tip to the owner...please invest a little bit of more in the new curtains, bedding and kitchen cloths. It is not nice to come and see such a old equipment to be used all over again for unlimited time!

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. TBH has a great vibe and I felt very comfortable & welcome. I had a great time meeting fellow travellers. The super clean kitchen was fabulous and well appointed. Lovely hot showers, awesome TV/lounge room area. Great location to see all around the area. Only disappointment was that the bathrooms had no soap.

Good value! Amazing location!

• 16th Feb 2013

Loved staying here. good rooms, kitchen/dining and lounge. Awesome out door area with a pool table. Such a nice friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Staff were awesome!! They even nailed a couple of bits of wood on to my top bunk when I asked so I wouldnt fall out and all with a smile. Great place to stay!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed my night at Torquay Backpackers. Fantastic group of people there and the staff are great. Wish I could have stayed longer. Fun hostel!

• 11th Oct 2012
  • Romania

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at in over a year of travelling!! Great staff who are super friendly and helpful, facilities and rooms kept clean, showers hot & strong, fantastic atmosphere...a little walk from the train station but close to the beach/shops etc. Maybe one thing to improve the hostel would be to have an included breakfast, but really it's no big deal! Hello to Abbey, Flavia, Clara etc., sorry I left too early to say goodbye! :) Highly recommended!! :)

Really enjoyed my stay in Torquay, the hostel has everything you could need. Really nice people and large spacious dorms. The bunks had lockers under them which was good. Definately one of the best hostels I have stayed at!

• 20th Sep 2012

As a single woman travelling alone, I did not feel comfortable about being in this hostel. Therefore, I paid in cash for the first night, with the intent of moving the following day. However, I was able to find a more suitable accomodation, and did not stay. You have taken all the money from my account to pay for a week's accomadation but have not been reimbursed for the cash that I paid to your hostel, therefore PLEASE reinburse my credit card with this money I had also requested a room wit

• 6th Sep 2012