Torquay Backpackers Hostel Reviews

119 Abbey Road, Torquay, England

Perfect.. Lovely stay will be back!

Our experience of this backpackers was appalling. We did not get what we had booked and the staff treated us terribly, even arguing with us instead of offering a solution. We were so unimpressed that we ended up leaving and staying somewhere else- where the hotel manager told us that the backpackers has a bad reputation in the area.

Great little place in Torquay, accommodating staff, friendly atmosphere. Good location, would stay again!

Good hostel BUT the toilets and showers were in the same room (one toilet and one shower in each room) and there were only three showers. Plan your mornings so you don't get caught out!

Good Hostel, excellent location. Could have more bathrooms/showers so that is the only downside (and the casino opposite which lured us in!!)

Great location. The staff were friendly. Large kitchen.

really nice stay, great location and facilities. Staff and other guests were very friendly, will be back soon!

We were very nicely welcomed by receptionist Zosia who gave us all needed information and answered all our questions throughout the visit. So well done Zosia!! Unfortunately, the quality of the place disappointed us, the bedroom standards and lack of hand wash in the room wasnt nice. And also the tip to the owner...please invest a little bit of more in the new curtains, bedding and kitchen cloths. It is not nice to come and see such a old equipment to be used all over again for unlimited time!

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. TBH has a great vibe and I felt very comfortable & welcome. I had a great time meeting fellow travellers. The super clean kitchen was fabulous and well appointed. Lovely hot showers, awesome TV/lounge room area. Great location to see all around the area. Only disappointment was that the bathrooms had no soap.

Good value! Amazing location!

• 16th Feb 2013

Loved staying here. good rooms, kitchen/dining and lounge. Awesome out door area with a pool table. Such a nice friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Staff were awesome!! They even nailed a couple of bits of wood on to my top bunk when I asked so I wouldnt fall out and all with a smile. Great place to stay!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed my night at Torquay Backpackers. Fantastic group of people there and the staff are great. Wish I could have stayed longer. Fun hostel!

• 11th Oct 2012
  • Romania

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at in over a year of travelling!! Great staff who are super friendly and helpful, facilities and rooms kept clean, showers hot & strong, fantastic atmosphere...a little walk from the train station but close to the beach/shops etc. Maybe one thing to improve the hostel would be to have an included breakfast, but really it's no big deal! Hello to Abbey, Flavia, Clara etc., sorry I left too early to say goodbye! :) Highly recommended!! :)

Really enjoyed my stay in Torquay, the hostel has everything you could need. Really nice people and large spacious dorms. The bunks had lockers under them which was good. Definately one of the best hostels I have stayed at!

• 20th Sep 2012

As a single woman travelling alone, I did not feel comfortable about being in this hostel. Therefore, I paid in cash for the first night, with the intent of moving the following day. However, I was able to find a more suitable accomodation, and did not stay. You have taken all the money from my account to pay for a week's accomadation but have not been reimbursed for the cash that I paid to your hostel, therefore PLEASE reinburse my credit card with this money I had also requested a room wit

• 6th Sep 2012

very nice staff,thanks.....but not very clean place especially in the room,dust everywhere. I tried to find something under the bed,and i found,pasta on the floor,nice place for one night or two.

Hello we have got room number 10 with graffiti wall. It was a big room with four beds and clean but the beds were so uncomfortable. The staff were very friendly but the hostel Isn't near the train station. You have to walk I think ten minutes and and then you are on the beach and the shop area. Good luck!

I really liked this hostel. I liked the Only Fools And Horses car outside the front entrance to the hostel, thought that was funny and original. The staff seemed very friendly and helpful. The hostel was in a central location and I liked the pool table outside the back of the hostel. Only criticism I would have is the hostel could include at least a basic breakfast in the morning, but at least theres free tea and coffee. Apart from that, thought hostel was great. Would stay again. Custy!

De Hostel is wat moeilijk te vinden, maar als je eenmaal weet dat het om gewoon een deur gaat, géén uithangbord, dan vind je het wel. Het interieur is gezellig en netjes. Het is daar prima vertoeven!

Ive only stayed in two hostels in my life time so far, so its hard for me to compare. But, i really enjoyed my stay, the people were nice,manager/owner. Luckily for me i arrived on the anniversy of the hostel & the owner bought all the drink, made cocktails & cooked us a bbq. The hostel has a pool table out the back, its nice to chill out & there is a cd player aswel. if Ifs its raining its also got a plastic perspex roof. Would recommend! Jaime

« first « Prev 1 2 3