Totters Reviews

Plas Porth Yr Aur, 2 High Street, Caernarfon, Wales

best hostel ever!

We had a fabulous weekend, hostel was excellent friendly (owner) clean warm we had the place to ourselves on our first night. Location excellent with great views from our nest in the eaves of the house. We can't praise it enough and are already planning when we can visit again...

really good location and friendly staff

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Spain

It is one of the best hostels I've stayed in! The place is very spacious, well-lit, tidy, and it's furnished with taste. The staff is extremely friendly.

The best hostel I have stayed in in the UK.

Came to totters as my first ever stay in a hostel and first trip solo and loved it. Wish I'd done it sooner. The managers friendly told me all I needed. Their is lockers if you need them, kitchen is great, social room is compfy and nice with tv and plenty to read if you wanted too. They do have wifi which is handy as wales has almost no mobile internet and poor signal for phones in general. Don't rely on ur sat nav once your in Wales as it can take a long time to get it to work. Bring a map :)

• 29th Oct 2014

The twin bedded room was small. Excellent in all other aspects and only 5 mins walk into Chester Town Centre

Hi Raymond, so sorry, but we're in Caernarfon, not Chester! Hope we get as good results though! Bob and Henry, Totters hostel.

I really recomended this hostel, you feel like at home. The landlords are very nice and they give you all you need. The price is so cheaper and the quality is amazing.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Spain

If you are travelling to Wales at all stay at Totters if you can! I cannot say enough good things! It was a B&B atmosphere for a hostel price. Bob was wonderful and our room and bathroom were not wanting anything. Thanks Totters!!

It was a really nice stay, the staff was super friendly and funny ;) The Wifi was baaaad... no, just kidding: There was Wifi, it worked (sometimes better, sometimes worse - but you are there for vacation, so shut down your mobile device! ;)). The location was really nice (near castle and harbour). Great dining room, great room, nice beds, clean facilities. Great stay, thanks a lot!!

Great location. Would be better if there are paper towels in the kitchen.