Totters Reviews

Plas Porth Yr Aur, 2 High Street, Caernarfon, Wales

Very nice location - couldn't pick a better spot if you're staying in Caernarfon! Room was clean but shower room was small (only 2 on first floor) and was not always clean (though it was nearly full house every night we were there so this may not be typical). It's good value for money - tea, coffee, toast, and cereal as you'd like in kitchen/dining room downstairs. Did not spend much time in hostel other than breakfast and sleeping so cannot really speak as to atmosphere.

Nice, clean and cosy hostel. Close to castle, river, bus stop, restaurants etc. Beds were comfortable, beddings were clean as well as showers. Owners are friendly

Lovely, homey hostel with very friendly staff and great facilities. Only problem was the rooms themselves didn't lock but there were some lockers in the room. The room was nice, everything was clean an there were lovely communal areas to sit.

Superb hostel with character, great facilities and world class location. But best of all it has character is well looked after and the people are looked after too.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Not that Caernarfon might offer many other options... but Totters is definitely a place I'd recommend. Its so close to the castle and smack in the middle of town. The owners are ever so helpful and friendly. They live in the building too. A bit of stairs to handle but otherwise spacious rooms and good facilities. I was on foot so not sure how easy it is for parking... as Wales definitely is easier by car. Cheers

Will definitely stay again, lovely place.

• 28th Jun 2015

Excellent location and very welcoming, its a great place and I would definitely recommend it.

• 26th Jun 2015

Everything was great. Definitely recommend this place.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Slovenia

A good place for sightseeing; less so for resting. Bob was very accommodating considering I showed up a few hours before the check in time. Location is excellent - the castle and harbor are the next street over. It IS possible to have a consistently warm shower; make sure the knob is in the middle between hot and cold, do NOT move it from the middle. I stayed in the women's dorm, and the key was always in the lock so anyone could come in. Otherwise good security. Short walk to bus station.

I've never felt compelled to write a review before, but after spending 3 nights at Totters I felt like I had to. It was by far the best hostel I've stayed at in the UK. Bob and Henry are very welcoming hosts and made me feel right at home. The location of the hostel was perfect, right on the water. I enjoyed a beautiful sunset every night. Plus, the breakfast selection is much better than most hostels. If you're going to northern Wales, definitely stay at Totters!

• 13th Jun 2015

Fantastic location - very central. Parking nearby. Showers, rooms and common areas very clean. The hosts were friendly and welcoming. It was quiet when we were there so unable to comment on atmosphere. Wifi available which worked well - secure location.

Great staff! Excellent location. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Amazing hostel, really nice staff, location couldn't be any better.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Russia

Great place to stay :)))

My boyfriend and I stayed in the double room for one night and had a very nice time. Totters was the best hostel we stayed in on our trip around North Wales. The double room is huge it has a sofa and TV (with DVD selection) and seems more like an apartment. We regretted that we only booked one night. The owners were really friendly and we feeled very welcome. The hostel is right in town centre on High Street but quiet.

• 6th Apr 2015

As you can see, we had a most pleasant stay . Bob was a very good host and provided us with all we needed . Our follow guests seemed to agree with our assessment. Sally and Robert Williams

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

best hostel ever!

We had a fabulous weekend, hostel was excellent friendly (owner) clean warm we had the place to ourselves on our first night. Location excellent with great views from our nest in the eaves of the house. We can't praise it enough and are already planning when we can visit again...