Totters Reviews

Plas Porth Yr Aur, 2 High Street, Caernarfon, Wales

It is one of the best hostels I've stayed in! The place is very spacious, well-lit, tidy, and it's furnished with taste. The staff is extremely friendly.

The best hostel I have stayed in in the UK.

Came to totters as my first ever stay in a hostel and first trip solo and loved it. Wish I'd done it sooner. The managers friendly told me all I needed. Their is lockers if you need them, kitchen is great, social room is compfy and nice with tv and plenty to read if you wanted too. They do have wifi which is handy as wales has almost no mobile internet and poor signal for phones in general. Don't rely on ur sat nav once your in Wales as it can take a long time to get it to work. Bring a map :)

• 29th Oct 2014

The twin bedded room was small. Excellent in all other aspects and only 5 mins walk into Chester Town Centre

Hi Raymond, so sorry, but we're in Caernarfon, not Chester! Hope we get as good results though! Bob and Henry, Totters hostel.

I really recomended this hostel, you feel like at home. The landlords are very nice and they give you all you need. The price is so cheaper and the quality is amazing.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Spain

If you are travelling to Wales at all stay at Totters if you can! I cannot say enough good things! It was a B&B atmosphere for a hostel price. Bob was wonderful and our room and bathroom were not wanting anything. Thanks Totters!!

It was a really nice stay, the staff was super friendly and funny ;) The Wifi was baaaad... no, just kidding: There was Wifi, it worked (sometimes better, sometimes worse - but you are there for vacation, so shut down your mobile device! ;)). The location was really nice (near castle and harbour). Great dining room, great room, nice beds, clean facilities. Great stay, thanks a lot!!

Great location. Would be better if there are paper towels in the kitchen.

Totters is amazing!

Nice hostel. Quiet, clean and staff was helpful. wifi didn´t work :(

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Was a beautiful old house right next to the sea with a really friendly atmosphere and the man was really kind. Would definitely recommend!

Great little hostel with very friendly and helpful staff.

• 19th Aug 2014

brilliant hostel and a pleasant place to stay

Very comfortable and clean family run hostel. No locks on the room doors, and only small lockers in some rooms. Wifi signal is not very strong. But beds are very comfortable, bathrooms are clean, and the family is very friendly. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

great location, family run business so communication can sometimes be hard. beautiful hostel though and right in the middle of everything.

A fantastic hostel that truly lived up to the good reviews I'd read. Had a great stay with our 4 person family in a 6 person room, met some really nice travelers, and enjoyed the house and location very much. The small city of Caernarfon is fantastic with the castle and the city walls, enjoyed eating at the Black Boy Inn, thanks for the recommendation. We also cooked dinner one night at the hostel, everything was available to us and it worked out great. Breakfasts were wonderful, thanks!

• 4th Aug 2014

Very clean and comfortable, nice kitchen/dining

The location was awesome. The owner was super friendly and helpful.

Loved staying at Totters. The location is right by the castle and the water. Henrietta keeps the place sparkling clean and the kitchen facilities are wonderful. I totally recommend this hostel.

This was my first stay in a hostel with my daughter (who has stayed in hostels on many occasions). I was extremely impressed and will certainly stay in one again. 'Totters' was superbly located and the owner extremely friendly and helpful.

• 7th Jul 2014