Totters Reviews

Plas Porth Yr Aur, 2 High Street, Caernarfon, Wales

Lovely modern hostel, the Townhouse had a kitchen to use and shared bathroom is between two bedrooms. Breakfast is cereal&toast. The only problem was when we arrived there was no one there! The owner thought our ETA was 11am and we didn't arrive until 2pm. In my experience if the hostel is one without full time staff I have been emailed before to check my ETA. They didn't have my mobile (even though its on my account!?) & he had my email, he didn't say sorry just "I can't hang around all day".

Rooms were clean and tidy, so was the bathroom. Hosts were welcoming and very warm. Great location, would highly recommend and will be using again myself!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Wales

We had alovely stay here

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very nice Hostel, very well situated, very clean, lovely staff but maybe not enough intimacy in the bathroom.

• 15th Mar 2014

Hostel hidden at the end of the high street, right on the bay and 2 minutes walk to the castle. We chose an ensuite room which was located at the top of the building: looks like a studio flat. Very much space, very warm room :) Very well equipped kitchen with dining available. Two words about the host: we felt like we came to a long time not seen friends. We recommend this place highly and with pleasure we will visit there again

We enjoyed our stay a lot! The interiors are very nice and cozy, the kitchen has everything one might need, including the dish washer so u don't even have to do ur dishes, just chuck them in! The dining room is stunning. We stayed in a double room ensuite and it was a 5 stars room ;) the owners are very lovely, helpful and funny ;) hostel is very clean, and the location is excellent!

Having stayed in many hostels throughout Europe, this was my first in this country, I thought this hostel was very nice an am happy to give it very good marks in everything but security. Firstly, the entrance door does not shut properly after people just walk out. I was able to just walk in from the street in the evening when I arrived. Nobody was about. To compound this, my dormitory door had no lock or even catch of any description...unbelievable...and scarey! Jane Farmer.

• 17th Jan 2014