Totters Reviews

Plas Porth Yr Aur, 2 High Street, Caernarfon, Wales

The location was awesome. The owner was super friendly and helpful.

Loved staying at Totters. The location is right by the castle and the water. Henrietta keeps the place sparkling clean and the kitchen facilities are wonderful. I totally recommend this hostel.

This was my first stay in a hostel with my daughter (who has stayed in hostels on many occasions). I was extremely impressed and will certainly stay in one again. 'Totters' was superbly located and the owner extremely friendly and helpful.

• 7th Jul 2014

Very friendly and helpful owners, would recommend

• 26th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

So clean and nice, and the best location. Couldn't believe how nice it was.

• 21st Jun 2014

This is a great hostel inside the older city walls of Caernarfon a short walk from the center and castle. The couple who runs it are great and the building feels spacious.

Best hostel I've ever been! The location is unbelievable! If better located, it would be inside the castle. Extremely friendly and helpfull staff. Good rooms. Clean place. Amazing! Also everyone in the city is so friendly. Don't think, just go to Caernarfon, just stay in this hostel.

It is what it is man...

The location is perfect! You are almost in the castle! The city is so small anyway so everything is close to it. The owner is à very nice man that almost only for is service and is attitude make it good to go to. The beds are not only double-decker beds, you can have your own single bed, and it is very confortable. The only thing I dislike was for the safety, the owner is always there but your bags cannot realy be locked unless you take the door key with you but there is only one for everybody.

• 19th May 2014

Very cute hostel, modern facilities, nice staff, great location - would definitively recommend it!

Just one word Fantastic

• 12th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great place to stay if you want to relax for a bit. In a beautiful location. Only thing is you should make a reservation a few days in advance

Please take the time to stay here at least once in your life you will not regret it

The hostel was just lovely. We loved the dining room, with its wooden table and comfy armchairs, and the fresh flowers. And the breakfast selection was really great! Also liked the relaxed atmosphere, and though the bathroom arrangements were a bit surprising at first, everything worked out really well in the end!

Totters is one of the best hostels I've seen in the UK. A rather small and cozy, family-run place with a homely atmosphere and very friendly hosts. Very recommended!

Lovely modern hostel, the Townhouse had a kitchen to use and shared bathroom is between two bedrooms. Breakfast is cereal&toast. The only problem was when we arrived there was no one there! The owner thought our ETA was 11am and we didn't arrive until 2pm. In my experience if the hostel is one without full time staff I have been emailed before to check my ETA. They didn't have my mobile (even though its on my account!?) & he had my email, he didn't say sorry just "I can't hang around all day".

Rooms were clean and tidy, so was the bathroom. Hosts were welcoming and very warm. Great location, would highly recommend and will be using again myself!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Wales

We had alovely stay here

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Really good small family run hostel with a good atmosphere. Was a good quiet retreat to escape away from the big cities. It's great that owners provide you with the space to do your own thing and although they have a friendly open door policy it would be useful to have a roster or time frame for guests to contact them in reception to avoid any awkward interruptions.

Very nice Hostel, very well situated, very clean, lovely staff but maybe not enough intimacy in the bathroom.

• 15th Mar 2014