Touran Backpacker Hostel Reviews

No.3 Si Yan Jing, Hupao Road, West Lake District, Hangzhou, China

I thought the staff were super friendly and helpful. They hosted movies and shared snacks. I thought the environment was chill and the location was close to the 西湖, which was convenient with the bus. T

The staff was very friendly and very helpful - recommending food and giving directions. Even helped us get a taxi in the rain. Locks for lockers provided. Had games and a nice common room. Beds aren't the most comfortable. Not the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in and our toilet seat was broken, but would stay here again. Fried rice was good!

Fantastic location and super friendly and helpful bi-lingual staff. The only improvement I could suggest is to have wifi available in the rooms. Love the decoration and nice to have an outside area to sit in the evening.

• 6th Jun 2015

You guys and girls are so warm and friendly, just like staying at home !

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong
  • Couple, 41+

Whilst the staff were super friendly and attentive, the hostel itself left much to be desired. The building itself is very run down, with obvious damp, paint peeling off the walls and in some instances huge chunks of plaster missing. Bedding very damp and rooms unclean as was the bathroom and shower area. Location, whilst being walkable to the west lake, was a bit far out of the centre, it took us over an hour to get in/out. Common area and wifi were ok tho. Overall wouldnt recommend it.

Amazing experience and just what we needed after bustling Shanghai. The dorm room was nice and clean and the morning breakfast options were delicious, always accompanied by really great background music. The location is perfect for a peaceful rest among nature, with plenty of bus options to take you back into the city center. The staff was super nice and helpful, definitely among the best we have found in China. We felt super welcome, and can't recommend it enough.

I stayed in Touran Backpackers Hostel for one night during my trip to Hangzhou. The hostel staff are really friendly and very helpful. They also speak good English and it was easy to understand them. For a short stay I thought the room was okay, but I think they could use with a change of beds or refurnishing, as the room smells mouldy and there were lots of stains on the walls. Also the locker looked like it was about to break when I tried to lock my bags inside. For a one night stay it is good

This hostel waswas fantastic. My travel group and I all agreed that this hostel was our favorite part of our trip to Hangzhou.

• 22nd May 2015

Atmosphere is good,go there

• 21st May 2015
  • China

Nice hostel and very friendly staff. Serves decent food and has a great little outdoor area. Only problem was the road noise. I'd recommend it, but go for a room at the back.

• 9th May 2015

It's about a 15 minute walk away from West Lake. This wouldn't be a problem if you were cycling but the bikes provided by the hostel have no brakes so I had to walk closer to the city centre to rent one. That being said, the staff were helpful and spoke good English. Plus they show movies regularly in the nights which was a nice touch.

Amazing staff! They make you connect with the others guest, it's really nice. However the dorms are the worst i saw during 15 days in China. Really wet unclean, i hate it. That's such a shame!

The staff here was extremely helpful in planning our time in Hangzhou. We would definitely stay here again

- The dorm on the ground floor smells a little bit frowzy due to the high humidity and it is not really soundproof. + Kind and funny staff (especially the reception girl!). Cozy common room. Good bus connections.

Had a wonderful stay at this hostel. It's located to the south of the city, you can take a bus/taxi/bike to get to West Lake or if you enjoy walking it's a 15 min. walk to the lake. Clean rooms, good breakfasts, very helpful staff. Owen, thanks for everything. We had a great time!

The vibe in this hostel is great! The staff gave me a warm welcome and everyone was extremly helpfull with everything. The hostel is not too far from West Lake, and it's easy to take a bus, taxi or even the bike to the city centre. The dorms are clean and breakfast is great. I stayed an extra night in Hangzhou because this was such a nice place. Owen, thank you for everything, you're the best!

I really liked this hostel. The facilities were excellent. The hostel was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was incredibly outgoing and friendly. The greatest draw (or plus) is the location. It is not centrally located. There are few nearby restaurants and the only public transit offering is a slow city bus. However, it is in a very relaxing area close to some beautiful parks. It depends what you are looking for.

The staff were incredibly helpful and really tried to make our visit as meaningful as possible. The location was ok-- walking distance to the lake. The beds were comfortable. There was hot water. Locks were included for the lockers (which were quite large).

GOOD Staff were nice, spoke good English, helped with the taxi (that you can never catch in Hzh by yourself) Huge TV screen with movies in the lobby. NOT SO GOOD Far from the center and yet on a busy and noisy street with loud heavy traffic. There is no point in being dso far from the centre if you don't get any view or quiet, in my opinion. My double room was damp and smelled of mold. Third floor had almost no Wifi signal.

This hostel was really amazing for many reasons. The staff were all friendly and excellent at assiting guest. Staff even offer to help people arrange transportation to different destinations in China. All the staff speak English very well. It was refreshing to be able to have conversations with the staff. I actually sincerely became friends with the staff I while I was there. The atmospher was laid back and relaxing. The location was beautiful because it's located in a lush green park area.