Touran Backpacker Hostel Reviews

No.3 Si Yan Jing, Hupao Road, West Lake District, Hangzhou, China

Please don't trust the directions that come from this website - the bus numbers are incorrect, so please talk to the hostel directly for directions. The staff were friendly and helpful, but the bed was uncomfortable and the bedding was old and ripped in places. I also suspect one of the beds may have had something that bites in it. so I had to switch bunks.

I'm so sorry about the directions information from the website.The government of Hang Zhou just changed route from North bus station to down town before Chinese New Year.but we already changed the directions information on Hostel Word.We apologize for the inconvenience

Overall, my girlfriend and I were very happy with our stay. Our private room was nice and roomy. The bathroom was very nice, with a great hot-water shower. The bed was pretty uncomfortable, though, even though it was clear that this was a "traditional Chinese" bed. The food was OK, but my gf said it was pretty good for hostel food. The staff spoke very-good English and were quite helpful but sometimes said certain things that rubbed us the wrong way. The location was very balanced!

Thanks for the review,I'm really sorry about the wrong information from some staff.We'll train these new staff as soon as possible.Thank you

The friendliest and most helpful staff I've encountered in China!! Worth a stay for that alone. The hostel is in walking distance of the West Lake and has a great atmosphere in the communal area.

• 13th Feb 2015

I'm really appreciate for your comment. We always trying be best. Wish see you soon.Thank you

Really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The staff were really friendly and helpful the rooms were fairly comfortable and clean. Good location, really easy to get to the lake. The breakfasts were reasonably priced, loved the dogs and cat. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Many thanks for your comment,and really hope can see you again

The staff were great and there was always a movie playing or something happening in the lounge area in the evening. Lots of small restaurants around and it is easy to get to the lake area. My room was quite cold even with the heater, but otherwise it was a great place to stay!

Thank you for your compliment, We have air-condition in the room, remember turn the heating up.Hope see you next time

Location is not around west lake,but it's close to lots of trees and some other view points,so I loved it. Staff here is very easy-going and helpful,they really treat you like a family,so atmosphere here is very relaxing. Room is very decent as a hostel,has bathroom in every room. I'll stay again if I come back,so I highly recommend staying here if you're backpacking hangzhou.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • China

Thank you for your compliment. Hope see you next time

Me and a friend stayed at Touran last week. We had a fantastic time there. The room was nice and the staff were awesome. A really cool set of people, extremely friendly and always helpful. They have a full time party planner called Owen who speaks fluent English and will take guests out any night of the week. Candy, the owner, is a lovely women. She took us to a KTV and got up at 5am to meet us some free sandwiches for our early morning train ride. Absolutely superb experience, would do it again

• 4th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

As you said we had really good time with together,Really hope you can come back soon

The staff is extremely friendly and the prices for foods and drinks are cheap. I really enjoyed the family-like atmosphere of the hostel. I have stayed in many hostels in China which have cold or rude staff, but the staff at this hostel have particularly good energy, which is refreshing in China, which I hate to say, has notoriously rude people. Excellent place!

Thank you for the review.Wish see you soon

Very helpful staff, but the location is a bit off the road and hard to find with a cab. Better alternatives out there. The rooms are designed uniquely but poor isolated so that there is a lot of noise from the road and it got very very cold during my stay in winter.

Dear Guest Thanks for review,Our hostel is in the center of the scenic spot.Generally is not very hard to find taxi cause we are in the main road to other side of Hang Zhou.As you know we just a Hostel not Hotel,We apologize for any inconvenience.Thank you

My favourite hostel in China to date. Warm, friendly atmosphere anf helpful staff. Owen, a worker there, was such a cool guy. I'll definitely be back here soon

We had great time with together,I really miss you and Daniel,hope see you soon

Nice hostel, in a very nice location, with a beautiful atmosphere, but the best part is the staff... Simply great, always smiling and ready to help me whenever I needed. Owen, Sunny and the other girls (sorry, I can't remember her name) are amazing. I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel and I will recommend it to all of my friends.

We stayed in a very cozy twin bedroom with good Wifi. Owen has fluent English and helped us organize our visit in Hangzhou. You can buy breakfast in the morning. It was a great stay, thanks!

• 30th Dec 2014

One of the best experiences I have ever had. Nice and helpful staff, warm atmosphere and special design room with reasonable price. Will definitely recommend to everyone who are going to stay in Hangzhou

I stayed at this Hostel with a few friends over the Christmas period 2014. The hostel has a very well equipped and comfortable common room. The location is excellent for a number of activities and well situated for West Lake, Nanshan bar street and has great transport links to all train stations. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. Could not recommend highly enough for a stay in Hangzhou!

Three of us stayed here for over a week during Christmas 2014. The staff were all lovely and very helpful with places to visit and eat nearby. The rooms were spotless and the common area (with puppies!) felt like home. Owen was particularly helpful and welcoming.

It'd better if the towels can be cleaner!

Awesome! The friendliest staff I've ever met. Really made me and other guests part of the family, even walked me to nearby restaurants and helped me order. Great bus connection to West Lake and all tourist sites, right across from cheap, delicious restaurants. Also, adorable dogs

1. Convenient location, 15 min walk to Xihu, and 15 min bus to downtown. Quiet with fresh air, a great retreat. 2. Helpful staff and backpacker friendly atmosphere. The staff is very helpful. There is one staff named Owen, who can speak fluent English and provide helpful information around Hangzhou. All the staff are very friendly 3. The rooms are clean and tidy,toilets are cleaned regularly. 4. The Swedish breakfast served is yummy! I will definitely pay a visit anytime I visit Hangzhou

Dear Sir Thanks for your comment,your opinion is really important to us.Welcome next time

I really enjoy my stay,the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.Puppy was very very cute

• 3rd Dec 2014

Dear Sir.Thanks for your reply,We're very pleased you had great time here,We'll try our best to do better,Thank you

Brilliant hostel, very relaxed atmosphere. Staff were extremely helpful and welcoming in every respect. Ideal location as well, as right next to West Lake which is most likely to be a key reason for visiting Hangzhou and also well connected to city by bus route.