Touran Backpacker Hostel Reviews

No.3 Si Yan Jing, Hupao Road, West Lake District, Hangzhou, China

Welcoming staff and authentic atmosphere, only our room was not so clean and a bit humid compared to the rest of the hostel. A good choice for backpackers in search of hiking spots and everyone looking for both wildness and touristic (but wonderful) pagodas, temples and gardens

I feel bad that I have to give a score like this. The location was really good, being a 5 minute walk from West Lake, the staff were incredible! They were really nice, and when we arrived there they were really good about answering our questions. Also, I didn't like our room, so they let us switch for free. But, the rooms felt really dirty and unkempt. The lock on our door didn't work so I didn't feel safe, and one window was broken. Sorry, Touran, really good staff, but work on the facilities.

• 5th Oct 2014

Dear Sir.We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause,the door lock & window is in repair,and in our hostel,only you own card can open your room.However, this is a security:professional front desk staff and they‘re available 24 hours a day and we have 24 hours CCTV (video surveillance).Thanks for your concern and comment.

Great hostel. Very friendly staff with excellent English. They really made us feel at home and went out of their way to assist us when we wanted to rent bikes and get a taxi. They also sell meals and the breakfast you can buy is really yummy. Would 100% recommend staying here. Not too far from the city and the lake either. Was sad to leave this morning. Thanks for everything guys! x

The staff was really nice and even though I checked out at 6 a.m. they were there for me, and they even helped me to get a taxi and to move my (extremelly heavy) luggage. Besides, when I wanted to get some food at the hostel, and they told me that the cook wasn't there, they personally walked me to the nearest restaurant (which is not far away). My only complaint would be that they only have one bathroom and one shower, but I never had to wait to get into them. The beds were really comfy too.

Enjoyed our stay but a little disappointed with breakfast bit cold. Friendly staff but very little English. Loved the big white fluffy dog.

The location of Hotel is good as its central and you can walk to many of the attractions of west lake. Owen is really good friend and he was helped me a lot. As usual, the hostel has a very good restaurant inside, I would highly recommend this hostel since the location is very good and has excellent services.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • China

Quite a nice hostel, the staff is really friendly, they speak good english and the atmosphere is nice in general. There's a common room where is easy to meet new people and have a few drinks.

Staff was really nice and friendly, some of them spoke really good English. The beds were pretty hard and the shower in the bathroom was broken. They had an information board with tour offers written in English, however the tours were all in Chinese. That was a pity. The common room is really cosy. The food is also great, really huge breakfast for only 25 yuan! Overall great stay :-)

great deals. nice and quiet, a bit far from the city center but there is a busstation very close. The bed sheets can be a bit better, i had some holes in it....

• 6th Aug 2014

The first thing you notice about this hostel is the amazing atmosphere when you first walk through the front doors. The staff are amazingly friendly and go above and beyond to cater to our needs -and they do so not to promote their business, but simply to help their fellow human beings. The staff went as far as to take us out of the hostel and show us the best places to eat as well as helping us find transportation. Its extremely affordable and has some great Western food as well.

❤️ Amazing atmosphere and staff! The epitope of a homey, family run hostel including a super cute baby and dogs. Great for any type of travellers of any age :D

Best hostel i have been to and i have been to many. Friendliest and most helpful staff i have ever come across. Peter and Candy, the owners are extremely generous and go out of their way to make you feel at home. And i cant say enough about Owen, you will know him very quickly. Im happy to call him my friend. Would recommend TOUR'AN to anyone.

• 10th Jul 2014

really great location. easy to get to all major tourist attractions(west lake, longjing village, etc). bus and train stations a little far, but not a big problem. dorms were a little dirty, but not terrible . staff was very friendly and helpful. decent selection of beer and food in the hostel. nice common area to chill out in.

This hostel was just great. We didn't know anything about Hangzhou before but now we really want to go back - and stay again at this wounderful place. We were rent two beds in a dorm but where upgraded to a two-bed room, just because it was empty. The stuff was nice, warm and helpful. There are cats and dogs in the cosy lobby and at our first evening the staff invited us to a club, because one of them was celebrating. Its like a nice, warm family in a nice and warm house.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Wi fi worked well. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They spoke good English. Meals were available. The hostel was a little stuffy and smelly - perhaps due to the high humidity and the presence of several animals.

• 1st Jul 2014

I've stayed in dozens of hostels, but Touran is hands down the friendliest and most welcoming. The staff helped me out in all kinds of little ways, from converting money for me to booking and rebooking train tickets to walking me to the bus station when it was time to go. With two friendly dogs and a baby hanging out in the lobby, it really feels like a family. Only downside is the mattresses are a little hard, but it's to be expected for the price. Couldn't recommend more highly.

I was unable to spend much time here, but I must say this hostel had some of the friendliest staff I've ever met! the second I got to the steps, there was someone grabbing my bags for me to carry them up the stairs, and the moment I was in the door I was invited to have (complimentary) lunch with the staff! amazing! the staff were so fun and stayed after hours just to chill with the guests. I felt at home. nice an close to the lake park. thank you Owen, Louis, Baby Jesse

The hostel is a little out-of-the-way and hard to reach easily, but is very close to the main attraction (the lake) which is what we wanted to see. The lack of stores in the area makes eating out or shopping for groceries difficult.

I really enjoyed this place and look forward to staying there again

• 20th Jun 2014