Touran Backpacker Hostel Reviews

No.3 Si Yan Jing, Hupao Road, West Lake District, Hangzhou, China

The first thing you notice about this hostel is the amazing atmosphere when you first walk through the front doors. The staff are amazingly friendly and go above and beyond to cater to our needs -and they do so not to promote their business, but simply to help their fellow human beings. The staff went as far as to take us out of the hostel and show us the best places to eat as well as helping us find transportation. Its extremely affordable and has some great Western food as well.

• 18th Jul 2014

❤️ Amazing atmosphere and staff! The epitope of a homey, family run hostel including a super cute baby and dogs. Great for any type of travellers of any age :D

Best hostel i have been to and i have been to many. Friendliest and most helpful staff i have ever come across. Peter and Candy, the owners are extremely generous and go out of their way to make you feel at home. And i cant say enough about Owen, you will know him very quickly. Im happy to call him my friend. Would recommend TOUR'AN to anyone.

• 10th Jul 2014

really great location. easy to get to all major tourist attractions(west lake, longjing village, etc). bus and train stations a little far, but not a big problem. dorms were a little dirty, but not terrible . staff was very friendly and helpful. decent selection of beer and food in the hostel. nice common area to chill out in.

This hostel was just great. We didn't know anything about Hangzhou before but now we really want to go back - and stay again at this wounderful place. We were rent two beds in a dorm but where upgraded to a two-bed room, just because it was empty. The stuff was nice, warm and helpful. There are cats and dogs in the cosy lobby and at our first evening the staff invited us to a club, because one of them was celebrating. Its like a nice, warm family in a nice and warm house.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Wi fi worked well. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They spoke good English. Meals were available. The hostel was a little stuffy and smelly - perhaps due to the high humidity and the presence of several animals.

• 1st Jul 2014

I've stayed in dozens of hostels, but Touran is hands down the friendliest and most welcoming. The staff helped me out in all kinds of little ways, from converting money for me to booking and rebooking train tickets to walking me to the bus station when it was time to go. With two friendly dogs and a baby hanging out in the lobby, it really feels like a family. Only downside is the mattresses are a little hard, but it's to be expected for the price. Couldn't recommend more highly.

• 29th Jun 2014

I was unable to spend much time here, but I must say this hostel had some of the friendliest staff I've ever met! the second I got to the steps, there was someone grabbing my bags for me to carry them up the stairs, and the moment I was in the door I was invited to have (complimentary) lunch with the staff! amazing! the staff were so fun and stayed after hours just to chill with the guests. I felt at home. nice an close to the lake park. thank you Owen, Louis, Baby Jesse

The hostel is a little out-of-the-way and hard to reach easily, but is very close to the main attraction (the lake) which is what we wanted to see. The lack of stores in the area makes eating out or shopping for groceries difficult.

I really enjoyed this place and look forward to staying there again

• 20th Jun 2014

Awesome people! I love you all. - James from Philadelphia

The hostel was in a good location and value for money. The staff were friendly, and helpful when asking which bus to get to go to the West Lake & downtown. They also had bicycle hire, 6 RMB per 10 minutes. However, the WiFi barely worked in our room. The main disadvantage about this hostel was the cleanliness. The bed sheets was dirty, the floors weren't cleaned for a long time we could tell and they didn't provide soap or shower gel. The tea cup provided for my breakfast was also grimy.

Thank you for the comment,actually our bicycle is 6RMB/ one hour.We‘re cleaning room and disinfect tea cup everyday.we will doing better and better, thank you

Nice hostel, that is located close to the west lake. The staff is very helpful and provides you with a lot of information about Hangzhou. I would go back :)

Dear Emma, We are so glad that you enjoyed staying at our hostel. Come visit us next time!

A great hostel with very friendly staff. I stayed at 4 different hostels in Hangzhou, but Touran stands out due to the very friendly owner/mgr "Candy." It turns out that we had met several years ago, and she still remains full of joy and spirit. There are 2 friendly dogs and one cat. Sometimes the dogs play fight with each other. One of the dogs chases the cat for about 10 seconds, but it's free entertainment. I recommend the hostel on your next visit to Hangzhou.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Dear Robert, Thank you very much for recommending our hostel. We really enjoyed your stay here. Hope you come visit next time :)

Tour'an is a great hostel. The staff are very helpful and the location is great. Especially if you want to be away from the city and close to the more scenic areas. It was a little hard to find but that was only because we didn't really know where to look. My advice would be to keep looking to the right of the road as you come up the hill from town. You won't miss it. It's pretty much the only nice looking hostel in the area. Great place and would totally go again.

• 1st Jun 2014

Touran is a lovely place to stay! The food is great we ate there everytime! Owen is the receptionist and he is great he wrote us lovely chinese instructions for the bus, train, flight and taxi! He made sure everyday that we were happy! I wish we could have stayed longer! It is such a friendly and welcoming place! Helena and Flo

• 27th May 2014
  • Austria

Thank you for the comment.I would love to meet you again All the best Owen

Overall, my girlfriend and I have a great experience Tour'an. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was good, and the place was very nice. I will say the bed we had was not comfortable, but I have a bad back so that may be part of the reason. The location was good as the hostel is about a 10-15-minute walk to West Lake. It was a great experience.

Thank you for the comment,We would like see you in next time.Good luck

The staff was very helpful and kind, the atmosphere of the hostel was excellent. Although I only stayed one night I enjoyed my stay and would go back.

Dear Nikolett Thank you for your comment,is also helpful for us,we would like you come back and hope see you soon

Staff were absolutely fantastic. World class. Very friendly and helpful.

Staff were extremely helpful! I would advise getting a room without an ensuite...the bathroom/drain in our room smelt so bad that we forwent showering (luckily we were only there for 1 night!), couldn't be in the room any longer than we really needed to. Take earplugs. I was woken up in the middle of the night to who i presume was one of the young ladies that lives downstairs of the hostel & her partner having a good time in bed (if you know what I mean) for about an hour on & off (haha)