Touran Backpacker Hostel Reviews

No.3 Si Yan Jing, Hupao Road, West Lake District, Hangzhou, China

Hostel is harder to find at night, it is 20m before the Hupao/Manjuelong Rds corner, as noted in the directions, if coming from the North heading South on Hupao. Rooms are dated and aged with limited hot water and no toilet top (in single room) however the staff help (in particular Kathy) compensates this as they provide invaluable help.

Great location for exploring the west lake. Staff are super friendly and helpful.

Difficult to find once we arrived in Hangzhou but a staff member came to find us. A clean hostel with decent priced rooms and friendly staff. Very close to West Lake if that's what your looking for but a bus ride from downtown. Not many foreign guests during our stay and had a Chinese vibe which wasn't a problem. Only negative was the bikes at the hostel where in poor condition and 60RMB each per day is too expensive. No pool table despite website stating there was!

thank you for your comment, we will fix our bike as soon as posible, we are very sorry for your inconvienentin fact we don't have pool table, we have already correct it on websites.

The staff were amazing and very helpful - answered all of our questions, which ranged from "where's the nearest place to hire bikes?" to "where would we find a good KTV place?"! The 8-bed room was clean (although a bit small (a tight squeeze)) and the aircon kept us very warm. Only negative thing I would say is the bathroom and toilet facilities - not very clean. But we were only there for 1 night.

• 15th Mar 2014

Thank you for suggestful advises,we will improve our cleanness of the bathroom and toilet, we hope to make you feel like at home when you come to our hotel next time,we are really looking forward meeting you here again.

Here is good and worth. Suggest Touran to provide motor-bicycle because it is better.

Dear SENGYEE Thank you comment our hostel

The location is good, close to the West Lake. I like the taffs there. They are very friendly and helpful. During the time I was staying there, a heavy rain came. While I didn't have an umbrella, they gave me one, which is very kind. Thank you so much :)) There is also a lazy white cat, which is quite cute. I like the atmosphere there!

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • China

Great hostel and a cheap price. The staff were all extremely helpful and a lot of fun. The stay was very comfortable and enjoyable, I would love to stay again.

Thank you Owen for taking my sister and I out, and all the staff for being so lovely and helpful in general! =)

Staff here were great! All very friendly and willing to help out. They even played cards with us and facilitated the meeting of other travellers. I was upgraded for free to a room with less beds, though the room smelt of damp and was very hot. Food wasn't bad and there were plenty of buses into the city (about 20 minute ride). The location was great to walk to the lake, and was in the middle of a forest - great to not be surrounded by grey all the time!

Staff was very nice, and even helped me book my train ticket with a personal account. No toilet paper provided and I found a bug on my toothbrush one morning, but the shower was nice and hot with good pressure so all is forgiven!

we really appreciate your comments, we do supply the toilet paper at the frontdesk, maybe you forget to ask for it.and why there is a bug on your toothbrush, because trees and flowers surround the hotel, the bug happened went into the house,but they have no harm.we hope next time you can enjoy yourself at our hotel.

The staff is very nice and helpful. The location is very good, bus 504 brings you to every important scenic spot of Hangzhou. I stayed in the hostel in January, it was very warm in the room.

Unbeatable price. Dozens of hostels in Siyanjin (zoo) area, but this one is just off the main road, which is most easy to find if you don't speak Chinese, or arrive at night. Dorm is clean without hassle. Free locker, free cold/hot drinking water is a bonus. Shower is hot but need to be patient at the first 3 minutes. Not much cheap eatery in this area is the drawback of this hostel-clustered area.

Security- Store your valuables at the reception desk. Location- Good location. It is located near some of the attractions, not in the center of town. Staff- Like others said, superior staff. Atmosphere- Common area is better than average. Cleanliness- No complaints Value For Money- dorms are cheap Facilities- Because they are cheap, they aren't the best. They are OK, no serious issues, just irritations. Overall- I would recommend it.

Dear George Thanks for your comment,hope to see you again

One of my favorite hostels I've seen in China! Owen and the rest of the staff were extremely fun, adventurous, and helpful with everything! The food was great (highly recommend Spaghetti Carbonara) and prices were definitely reasonable. I also really liked the overall feel and atmosphere or Touran. The directions seemed tough to follow when we were arriving, but they really are accurate if you just follow them exactly (Get off the bus at the zoo stop right after a major intersection).

Dear Dan Thanks for your great comment,I hope we can meet each other again Owen

Great place to stay !! Staff are great and the atmosphere makes it special. I was there for just 1 night but met some good people to have a few beers with Will stay when I go back to the city

Dear mark Thanks for your comment,hope to see you again

I stayed at this hostel with three other friends for only one night but during that time the staff made us feel so welcome and secure! They were extremely helpful telling us which bus routes to take and everyone we met was very kind. The rooms were cozy and the hot water was much appreciated in the cold weather! They even upgraded our room for no extra cost. I will definitely be staying here again when I find myself back in Hangzhou.

Thank you very much for the comments, Jason. We hope to see you again~

I love this hostel! the owner and the staff of this hostel are so friendly and they encourage people to stay in the common area to play and chat together. I made some friends during my very short stay! The owner even invited me and my friend to have dumpling together to celebrate Winter solstice. it's so heart-warming! I like the atmosphere and the staff there. If I am going to Hangzhou again, I will re-visit this warm hostel :)

Your hostel is awesome, especially because of your incredible staff! Owen and Lansy are beyond amazing. Definitely two of the friendliest people I've ever met! I've never stayed anywhere with a staff so involved in making my stay as enjoyable as possible. I can't wait to return!

I loved my start at Touran! If I could have, I would have stayed even longer. It is the very definition of a hostel, offering small but decent rooms in a warm and friendly environment. The downstairs area is perfect for meeting new people and hanging out. The staff are so sweet, I especially love Owen and Nancy. And you cannot beat the price! Ojala pueda volver algun dia

• 11th Dec 2013

I went there for four days and Stayed more than two weeks! The place is nice and the staff great. Owen is the best!!!

• 27th Nov 2013