Touran Backpacker Hostel Reviews

No.3 Si Yan Jing, Hupao Road, West Lake District, Hangzhou, China

I really enjoyed the stay in this Hostel. Was the second time already and excellent again. Super location, right next to the West Lake. A lot of busses there. When the weather allows, you can also rent a bike and explore yourself. Your on Nanshan Road within few minutes. Nice atmosphere in the hostel with a big communal area. Breakfast, drinks etc. are offered. Recommend it ! Ole 这是我第二次呆在那个旅社, 我又享受得多!员工非常有助,客气,可笑。 他们尽量帮助我, 他们会说英文与中文(所以可以联系你的汉语。。。)。 气氛很棒, 有大的公共房间, 在那里很容易地见面别的旅客。位置完全有用 !提供好吃饮食!

• 21st Aug 2015

the 6 bed dorm SMELLS TERRIBLE

A very nice place to stay at to see the West lake. It is about a 20 minute walk from the west lake and is located off a road with easy access to buses. Only issue is distance from the closest set of shops. Staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming and they serve fantastic food if you want to buy dinner.

NIce location near Xihu lake. Pleasant, relaxed atmosphere. Good beds, great value for money. Easy to get to and from by bus, I use 高德 maps for getting around by bus and metro in China.

We booked a room for 3 persons and we end up with a room that have 2normal beds and a pity bed the manttres was so thin we hardly can sleep on it when we asked them it was not acceptable to be paying for a room of 3beds and end up with that type of bed they told us we Chinese can sleep on this bed it is comfortable for us they told us we would change the room the next day and to our surprise the room has three normal beds we asked them when we did not have this room they said theywere overbooked

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Tunisia

I thought the staff were super friendly and helpful. They hosted movies and shared snacks. I thought the environment was chill and the location was close to the 西湖, which was convenient with the bus. T

Great People, Great Place and specially sunny was great what a cool dog!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

The staff was very friendly and very helpful - recommending food and giving directions. Even helped us get a taxi in the rain. Locks for lockers provided. Had games and a nice common room. Beds aren't the most comfortable. Not the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in and our toilet seat was broken, but would stay here again. Fried rice was good!

Fantastic location and super friendly and helpful bi-lingual staff. The only improvement I could suggest is to have wifi available in the rooms. Love the decoration and nice to have an outside area to sit in the evening.

• 6th Jun 2015

You guys and girls are so warm and friendly, just like staying at home !

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong
  • Couple, 41+

Whilst the staff were super friendly and attentive, the hostel itself left much to be desired. The building itself is very run down, with obvious damp, paint peeling off the walls and in some instances huge chunks of plaster missing. Bedding very damp and rooms unclean as was the bathroom and shower area. Location, whilst being walkable to the west lake, was a bit far out of the centre, it took us over an hour to get in/out. Common area and wifi were ok tho. Overall wouldnt recommend it.

Amazing experience and just what we needed after bustling Shanghai. The dorm room was nice and clean and the morning breakfast options were delicious, always accompanied by really great background music. The location is perfect for a peaceful rest among nature, with plenty of bus options to take you back into the city center. The staff was super nice and helpful, definitely among the best we have found in China. We felt super welcome, and can't recommend it enough.

I stayed in Touran Backpackers Hostel for one night during my trip to Hangzhou. The hostel staff are really friendly and very helpful. They also speak good English and it was easy to understand them. For a short stay I thought the room was okay, but I think they could use with a change of beds or refurnishing, as the room smells mouldy and there were lots of stains on the walls. Also the locker looked like it was about to break when I tried to lock my bags inside. For a one night stay it is good

This hostel waswas fantastic. My travel group and I all agreed that this hostel was our favorite part of our trip to Hangzhou.

• 22nd May 2015

Atmosphere is good,go there

• 21st May 2015
  • China

Nice hostel and very friendly staff. Serves decent food and has a great little outdoor area. Only problem was the road noise. I'd recommend it, but go for a room at the back.

• 9th May 2015

It's about a 15 minute walk away from West Lake. This wouldn't be a problem if you were cycling but the bikes provided by the hostel have no brakes so I had to walk closer to the city centre to rent one. That being said, the staff were helpful and spoke good English. Plus they show movies regularly in the nights which was a nice touch.

Amazing staff! They make you connect with the others guest, it's really nice. However the dorms are the worst i saw during 15 days in China. Really wet unclean, i hate it. That's such a shame!

The staff here was extremely helpful in planning our time in Hangzhou. We would definitely stay here again

- The dorm on the ground floor smells a little bit frowzy due to the high humidity and it is not really soundproof. + Kind and funny staff (especially the reception girl!). Cozy common room. Good bus connections.