Touran Backpacker Hostel Reviews

No.3 Si Yan Jing, Hupao Road, West Lake District, Hangzhou, China

Nice hostel, in a very nice location, with a beautiful atmosphere, but the best part is the staff... Simply great, always smiling and ready to help me whenever I needed. Owen, Sunny and the other girls (sorry, I can't remember her name) are amazing. I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel and I will recommend it to all of my friends.

• 21st Jan 2015

We stayed in a very cozy twin bedroom with good Wifi. Owen has fluent English and helped us organize our visit in Hangzhou. You can buy breakfast in the morning. It was a great stay, thanks!

• 30th Dec 2014

One of the best experiences I have ever had. Nice and helpful staff, warm atmosphere and special design room with reasonable price. Will definitely recommend to everyone who are going to stay in Hangzhou

I stayed at this Hostel with a few friends over the Christmas period 2014. The hostel has a very well equipped and comfortable common room. The location is excellent for a number of activities and well situated for West Lake, Nanshan bar street and has great transport links to all train stations. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. Could not recommend highly enough for a stay in Hangzhou!

Three of us stayed here for over a week during Christmas 2014. The staff were all lovely and very helpful with places to visit and eat nearby. The rooms were spotless and the common area (with puppies!) felt like home. Owen was particularly helpful and welcoming.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It'd better if the towels can be cleaner!

Awesome! The friendliest staff I've ever met. Really made me and other guests part of the family, even walked me to nearby restaurants and helped me order. Great bus connection to West Lake and all tourist sites, right across from cheap, delicious restaurants. Also, adorable dogs

1. Convenient location, 15 min walk to Xihu, and 15 min bus to downtown. Quiet with fresh air, a great retreat. 2. Helpful staff and backpacker friendly atmosphere. The staff is very helpful. There is one staff named Owen, who can speak fluent English and provide helpful information around Hangzhou. All the staff are very friendly 3. The rooms are clean and tidy,toilets are cleaned regularly. 4. The Swedish breakfast served is yummy! I will definitely pay a visit anytime I visit Hangzhou

Dear Sir Thanks for your comment,your opinion is really important to us.Welcome next time

I really enjoy my stay,the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.Puppy was very very cute

• 3rd Dec 2014

Dear Sir.Thanks for your reply,We're very pleased you had great time here,We'll try our best to do better,Thank you

Brilliant hostel, very relaxed atmosphere. Staff were extremely helpful and welcoming in every respect. Ideal location as well, as right next to West Lake which is most likely to be a key reason for visiting Hangzhou and also well connected to city by bus route.

Highly recommended, this place it's great, the location, rooms and the staff are amazing! Owen is such a cool guy always ready to help you out! So far one the best places I've been stayed. They also have Puppies and they are growing! Really nice environment! If I go to Hangzhou again, I definitely would stay in Touran again!

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Gambia

Dear Leonardo Thanks for your comment,We just make a lower prices of the room for this winter,hope see you next time

very enjoyable stay, Owen helped very much with organising things!

Dear Finn I'm really happy you mentioned me by name,There aren't many tourists here in December. I hope see you next time :)

Really friendly atmosphere.Most people in hangzhou don't speak English so it was nice to have Owen around. He is really helpful and you can ask him for help with literally anything.Sunny the dog just had puppies so it was the best being able to watch them and hold them. There are cats as well which are all friendly.The pets and Owen really make this place great. Location is good- about 15,20 min walk to the lake-leifeng pagoda side.they played movies every night which was nice. Miss the puppies!

All the staff are extremely friendly and helpful, Owen speaks English and is a great guy. Not central but a good location with authentic restaurants and buses across the road, as well as being walking/cycling distance to Longjin hills and West Lake. Dorms are not amazing but fine and warm during winter, the food is excellent and the common area is cosy with movies on the projector every night and cheap beers. Mostly Chinese but even during winter met a few Westerners, good vibe in a great city.

Really helpful staff, located by the main road and lovely area.

I booked one night first but then I extend my stay for two more nights.I've had confortable stay here.the breakfast was really good.Thay has Home Theater and play every night.

• 25th Nov 2014

Great location, friendly staff and they even had kittens and puppies. Bus stop is really close to the hostel which makes getting around easy. It is also possible to rent bikes and cycle around West Lake! There are lots of restaurants near the hotel and the staff are always willing to help you find the best places to visit and eat in :) highly recommend!

• 22nd Nov 2014

A great place to stay, with exceptionally helpful staff.

• 15th Nov 2014

The staff were very helpful and attentive, most with a good standard of English.Owen is an amazing guy. location is great,not far from the lake.

Welcoming staff and authentic atmosphere, only our room was not so clean and a bit humid compared to the rest of the hostel. A good choice for backpackers in search of hiking spots and everyone looking for both wildness and touristic (but wonderful) pagodas, temples and gardens