Touran Backpacker Hostel Reviews

No.3 Si Yan Jing, Hupao Road, West Lake District, Hangzhou, China

Nice hostel and very friendly staff. Serves decent food and has a great little outdoor area. Only problem was the road noise. I'd recommend it, but go for a room at the back.

• 9th May 2015

It's about a 15 minute walk away from West Lake. This wouldn't be a problem if you were cycling but the bikes provided by the hostel have no brakes so I had to walk closer to the city centre to rent one. That being said, the staff were helpful and spoke good English. Plus they show movies regularly in the nights which was a nice touch.

The staff here was extremely helpful in planning our time in Hangzhou. We would definitely stay here again

Had a wonderful stay at this hostel. It's located to the south of the city, you can take a bus/taxi/bike to get to West Lake or if you enjoy walking it's a 15 min. walk to the lake. Clean rooms, good breakfasts, very helpful staff. Owen, thanks for everything. We had a great time!

The vibe in this hostel is great! The staff gave me a warm welcome and everyone was extremly helpfull with everything. The hostel is not too far from West Lake, and it's easy to take a bus, taxi or even the bike to the city centre. The dorms are clean and breakfast is great. I stayed an extra night in Hangzhou because this was such a nice place. Owen, thank you for everything, you're the best!

I really liked this hostel. The facilities were excellent. The hostel was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was incredibly outgoing and friendly. The greatest draw (or plus) is the location. It is not centrally located. There are few nearby restaurants and the only public transit offering is a slow city bus. However, it is in a very relaxing area close to some beautiful parks. It depends what you are looking for.

The staff were incredibly helpful and really tried to make our visit as meaningful as possible. The location was ok-- walking distance to the lake. The beds were comfortable. There was hot water. Locks were included for the lockers (which were quite large).

GOOD Staff were nice, spoke good English, helped with the taxi (that you can never catch in Hzh by yourself) Huge TV screen with movies in the lobby. NOT SO GOOD Far from the center and yet on a busy and noisy street with loud heavy traffic. There is no point in being dso far from the centre if you don't get any view or quiet, in my opinion. My double room was damp and smelled of mold. Third floor had almost no Wifi signal.

This hostel was really amazing for many reasons. The staff were all friendly and excellent at assiting guest. Staff even offer to help people arrange transportation to different destinations in China. All the staff speak English very well. It was refreshing to be able to have conversations with the staff. I actually sincerely became friends with the staff I while I was there. The atmospher was laid back and relaxing. The location was beautiful because it's located in a lush green park area.

• 13th Apr 2015

Rooms came with more lockers than beds. The location was a short 15-minute walk to Hangzhou's gorgeous West Lake, and staff even came out in the rain to meet us at the bus stop down the street when we arrived late at night! Atmosphere was relaxed, warm and comfortable--a perfect place to have a lazy meal, a beer, or just chill out with a book. Facilities were super clean, and the $10-per-night rate was unbeatable! Thanks so much to Owen and the staff for giving us a great mini-vacation! D & V

It's the best hostel i've ever been to! First,it's location is very convenient. it's about two minutes walk to the bus station,where you can take a bus to get to the most interesting sights just within 20 minutes. Second, it's situated in a very picturesque district. we had a feeling as if we lived in a forest. Third(and the main part), it's people. i've never seen such responsive and friendly staff ever. if i go to hangzhou again, i definitely would stay in Touran again!

• 5th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Please don't trust the directions that come from this website - the bus numbers are incorrect, so please talk to the hostel directly for directions. The staff were friendly and helpful, but the bed was uncomfortable and the bedding was old and ripped in places. I also suspect one of the beds may have had something that bites in it. so I had to switch bunks.

I'm so sorry about the directions information from the website.The government of Hang Zhou just changed route from North bus station to down town before Chinese New Year.but we already changed the directions information on Hostel Word.We apologize for the inconvenience

Overall, my girlfriend and I were very happy with our stay. Our private room was nice and roomy. The bathroom was very nice, with a great hot-water shower. The bed was pretty uncomfortable, though, even though it was clear that this was a "traditional Chinese" bed. The food was OK, but my gf said it was pretty good for hostel food. The staff spoke very-good English and were quite helpful but sometimes said certain things that rubbed us the wrong way. The location was very balanced!

Thanks for the review,I'm really sorry about the wrong information from some staff.We'll train these new staff as soon as possible.Thank you

The friendliest and most helpful staff I've encountered in China!! Worth a stay for that alone. The hostel is in walking distance of the West Lake and has a great atmosphere in the communal area.

• 13th Feb 2015

I'm really appreciate for your comment. We always trying be best. Wish see you soon.Thank you

Really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The staff were really friendly and helpful the rooms were fairly comfortable and clean. Good location, really easy to get to the lake. The breakfasts were reasonably priced, loved the dogs and cat. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Many thanks for your comment,and really hope can see you again

The staff were great and there was always a movie playing or something happening in the lounge area in the evening. Lots of small restaurants around and it is easy to get to the lake area. My room was quite cold even with the heater, but otherwise it was a great place to stay!

Thank you for your compliment, We have air-condition in the room, remember turn the heating up.Hope see you next time

Location is not around west lake,but it's close to lots of trees and some other view points,so I loved it. Staff here is very easy-going and helpful,they really treat you like a family,so atmosphere here is very relaxing. Room is very decent as a hostel,has bathroom in every room. I'll stay again if I come back,so I highly recommend staying here if you're backpacking hangzhou.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • China

Thank you for your compliment. Hope see you next time

Appreciate the efforts made by the team. It might be a tiny bit run down but with the kindest staff on earth, it certainly made up for it. :)

Me and a friend stayed at Touran last week. We had a fantastic time there. The room was nice and the staff were awesome. A really cool set of people, extremely friendly and always helpful. They have a full time party planner called Owen who speaks fluent English and will take guests out any night of the week. Candy, the owner, is a lovely women. She took us to a KTV and got up at 5am to meet us some free sandwiches for our early morning train ride. Absolutely superb experience, would do it again

• 4th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

As you said we had really good time with together,Really hope you can come back soon

The staff is extremely friendly and the prices for foods and drinks are cheap. I really enjoyed the family-like atmosphere of the hostel. I have stayed in many hostels in China which have cold or rude staff, but the staff at this hostel have particularly good energy, which is refreshing in China, which I hate to say, has notoriously rude people. Excellent place!

Thank you for the review.Wish see you soon