Touran Backpacker Hostel Reviews

No.3 Si Yan Jing, Hupao Road, West Lake District, Hangzhou, China

The hostel was in a good location and value for money. The staff were friendly, and helpful when asking which bus to get to go to the West Lake & downtown. They also had bicycle hire, 6 RMB per 10 minutes. However, the WiFi barely worked in our room. The main disadvantage about this hostel was the cleanliness. The bed sheets was dirty, the floors weren't cleaned for a long time we could tell and they didn't provide soap or shower gel. The tea cup provided for my breakfast was also grimy.

Thank you for the comment,actually our bicycle is 6RMB/ one hour.We‘re cleaning room and disinfect tea cup everyday.we will doing better and better, thank you

Nice hostel, that is located close to the west lake. The staff is very helpful and provides you with a lot of information about Hangzhou. I would go back :)

Dear Emma, We are so glad that you enjoyed staying at our hostel. Come visit us next time!

A great hostel with very friendly staff. I stayed at 4 different hostels in Hangzhou, but Touran stands out due to the very friendly owner/mgr "Candy." It turns out that we had met several years ago, and she still remains full of joy and spirit. There are 2 friendly dogs and one cat. Sometimes the dogs play fight with each other. One of the dogs chases the cat for about 10 seconds, but it's free entertainment. I recommend the hostel on your next visit to Hangzhou.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Dear Robert, Thank you very much for recommending our hostel. We really enjoyed your stay here. Hope you come visit next time :)

Tour'an is a great hostel. The staff are very helpful and the location is great. Especially if you want to be away from the city and close to the more scenic areas. It was a little hard to find but that was only because we didn't really know where to look. My advice would be to keep looking to the right of the road as you come up the hill from town. You won't miss it. It's pretty much the only nice looking hostel in the area. Great place and would totally go again.

• 1st Jun 2014

Touran is a lovely place to stay! The food is great we ate there everytime! Owen is the receptionist and he is great he wrote us lovely chinese instructions for the bus, train, flight and taxi! He made sure everyday that we were happy! I wish we could have stayed longer! It is such a friendly and welcoming place! Helena and Flo

• 27th May 2014
  • Austria

Thank you for the comment.I would love to meet you again All the best Owen

Overall, my girlfriend and I have a great experience Tour'an. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was good, and the place was very nice. I will say the bed we had was not comfortable, but I have a bad back so that may be part of the reason. The location was good as the hostel is about a 10-15-minute walk to West Lake. It was a great experience.

Thank you for the comment,We would like see you in next time.Good luck

The staff was very helpful and kind, the atmosphere of the hostel was excellent. Although I only stayed one night I enjoyed my stay and would go back.

Dear Nikolett Thank you for your comment,is also helpful for us,we would like you come back and hope see you soon

Staff were absolutely fantastic. World class. Very friendly and helpful.

Staff were extremely helpful! I would advise getting a room without an ensuite...the bathroom/drain in our room smelt so bad that we forwent showering (luckily we were only there for 1 night!), couldn't be in the room any longer than we really needed to. Take earplugs. I was woken up in the middle of the night to who i presume was one of the young ladies that lives downstairs of the hostel & her partner having a good time in bed (if you know what I mean) for about an hour on & off (haha)

The best warmest welcome i have had in China, great place great people, highly recommened. Please take care of my son , he is shy but i feel that with your friendliness, he is already in good hands, thank you

Great hostel! Really good location and most of it awesome staff! I forgot my camera in my previous hostel and Candy helped me so much to contact them and to send the camera back to another place so i can take it back. Thanks you They are so helpful and trustfull and friendly and the dog is the cuttest ever! Love this place, great to spend a fantastic day in beautiful lake area! Thanks again! vanessa

Touran Backpackers was a blissful getaway from the hustle and bustle of Shanghai. The double room was very clean and comfortable and the common area was awesome for having a good old chin-wag/beer with other travelers. What really made our stay amazing was the friendly, helpful, fun-loving staff (Owen and Candy) who genuinely befriended us and showed us a rad time. Thank you so much guys!

Because Hangzhou would definitely not have been the same in another hostel! Strategic location, beautiful and cheap place, incredible staff.

• 3rd May 2014

Hey Arnaud, we miss you very much~~ You are so nice~~ Welcome back anytime~ Tour'an is your home in China~~ -candy

住的单间,洗手间很矮,用马桶和冲凉要弯腰低头才不会碰头,很不舒服。位置,大厅和价格还不错