Touran Backpacker Hostel Reviews

No.3 Si Yan Jing, Hupao Road, West Lake District, Hangzhou, China

I feel bad that I have to give a score like this. The location was really good, being a 5 minute walk from West Lake, the staff were incredible! They were really nice, and when we arrived there they were really good about answering our questions. Also, I didn't like our room, so they let us switch for free. But, the rooms felt really dirty and unkempt. The lock on our door didn't work so I didn't feel safe, and one window was broken. Sorry, Touran, really good staff, but work on the facilities.

• 5th Oct 2014

Dear Sir.We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause,the door lock & window is in repair,and in our hostel,only you own card can open your room.However, this is a security:professional front desk staff and they‘re available 24 hours a day and we have 24 hours CCTV (video surveillance).Thanks for your concern and comment.

Great hostel. Very friendly staff with excellent English. They really made us feel at home and went out of their way to assist us when we wanted to rent bikes and get a taxi. They also sell meals and the breakfast you can buy is really yummy. Would 100% recommend staying here. Not too far from the city and the lake either. Was sad to leave this morning. Thanks for everything guys! x

The staff was really nice and even though I checked out at 6 a.m. they were there for me, and they even helped me to get a taxi and to move my (extremelly heavy) luggage. Besides, when I wanted to get some food at the hostel, and they told me that the cook wasn't there, they personally walked me to the nearest restaurant (which is not far away). My only complaint would be that they only have one bathroom and one shower, but I never had to wait to get into them. The beds were really comfy too.

Enjoyed our stay but a little disappointed with breakfast bit cold. Friendly staff but very little English. Loved the big white fluffy dog.

The location of Hotel is good as its central and you can walk to many of the attractions of west lake. Owen is really good friend and he was helped me a lot. As usual, the hostel has a very good restaurant inside, I would highly recommend this hostel since the location is very good and has excellent services.

Quite a nice hostel, the staff is really friendly, they speak good english and the atmosphere is nice in general. There's a common room where is easy to meet new people and have a few drinks.

Staff was really nice and friendly, some of them spoke really good English. The beds were pretty hard and the shower in the bathroom was broken. They had an information board with tour offers written in English, however the tours were all in Chinese. That was a pity. The common room is really cosy. The food is also great, really huge breakfast for only 25 yuan! Overall great stay :-)

great deals. nice and quiet, a bit far from the city center but there is a busstation very close. The bed sheets can be a bit better, i had some holes in it....

• 6th Aug 2014