Tourist House Liberty Reviews

Via Ventisette Aprile 9, Florence, Italy

Excellent location, and staff very helpful.

Excellent stay, quiet room, comfy bed, it all gets cleaned daily and very close to everything in Florence, Duomo is a few blocks away. If you're driving to Florence, don't drive in, you'll get a 100 Euro fine. We parked the car for free at the Viale Nenni parking lot, then took the tram x street (1.20E) to the last station, Santa Maria train station. From there it's about 10 mins walk to the hostel down Via Nazionale, so very easy to get to. Also, good Chinese restaurant across the street.

It was kind of like a B

Hosts were very friendly and accommodating, gave good suggestions for breakfast. Room was perfect for a solo traveller and very clean, as was the bathroom. Located close to major attractions, but not on a noisy street. Short walk to/from train station.

When we arrived, they give us a googletranslated message, that the hotel is ovefbooked altough we had a reservation. We got a adress from a other hotel where we had to stay for one night and then we had to come back for the second night. The other hotel was not bad, we got a verry small basic room with a small window. When we came back on the next afternoon, nobody was there for check in. Also it wasn't possible to leave the luggage longer then 1.30pm. after check out. Never got a appology

Be aware that the hostel is on a busy side street and tour bus / city bus traffic is noisy early and late. Staff were very helpful and friendly and I loved the Old World feel while in Florence.

• 15th Sep 2014

Fairly central, friendly staff and clean room. Only stayed one night but was pleased overall.

Very fair priced hostel in a central location.

Everything was perfect except receptionist. She didn't give us a smile. She warned to collect luggage before 1 p.m. Saturday but she was absent about 1 p.m. She didn't apologize when some girl phoned on the "emergency phone number". Finally we found out she live in the next apartment. She didn't look out how we had been waiting a half of hour.

i did not feel secure somehow. everything was heard from the other rooms, was noisy. location could be better. Bathroom was disgusting.

It was all great but I found it an unusual place. My room was tiny (expected because of the price!) but wasn't down a corridor away from the front desk. I could hear the phone ringing and people talking to the staff. The reception desk wasn't even a meter from my door. I did have to walk past it when using the bathroom or showering which was a bit odd. Staff were amazing though but I don't think I'd go back because of the size and reception proximity!!

• 1st Aug 2014

Great location and very clean room. Set up more like a bed and breakfast (without the breakfast) than a hostel for meeting other travelers. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to from this hostel.

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts