Tourist House Liberty Reviews

Via Ventisette Aprile 9, Florence, Italy

Be aware that the hostel is on a busy side street and tour bus / city bus traffic is noisy early and late. Staff were very helpful and friendly and I loved the Old World feel while in Florence.

• 15th Sep 2014

Fairly central, friendly staff and clean room. Only stayed one night but was pleased overall.

Very fair priced hostel in a central location.

Everything was perfect except receptionist. She didn't give us a smile. She warned to collect luggage before 1 p.m. Saturday but she was absent about 1 p.m. She didn't apologize when some girl phoned on the "emergency phone number". Finally we found out she live in the next apartment. She didn't look out how we had been waiting a half of hour.

i did not feel secure somehow. everything was heard from the other rooms, was noisy. location could be better. Bathroom was disgusting.

It was all great but I found it an unusual place. My room was tiny (expected because of the price!) but wasn't down a corridor away from the front desk. I could hear the phone ringing and people talking to the staff. The reception desk wasn't even a meter from my door. I did have to walk past it when using the bathroom or showering which was a bit odd. Staff were amazing though but I don't think I'd go back because of the size and reception proximity!!

• 1st Aug 2014

Great location and very clean room. Set up more like a bed and breakfast (without the breakfast) than a hostel for meeting other travelers. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to from this hostel.

Lovely staff! We really enjoyed our stay, it was more than a hostel actually we felt like it was a small family hotel where the staff take care of everything and leave you just the joy of the city.there are 7-9 rooms so the place is quiet all the time, toilets and bedrooms are clean and the staff cleans the room everyday (they even folded our shirts, sorry for that mess btw :D ) two lovely ladies run the place and they are very friendly.place is close to the city center &train station ;)

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Very clean and tidy. Restroom also works well. Easy access to room - felt comfortable going and coming to rest and sleep in the room. Really just one recommendation to the staff is to smile some more SMILE :-) and :-) Sonreir - sorriso - sourire Lächeln, uśmiech :-) It adds to the experience and makes things more personable - we are strangers but smiling always makes things more PERSONABLE - Que No? Don't you agree ;-) ? Keep learning and improving that's what makes everything better...

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Staff was not always in the office during the posted hours; they do not really accept credit card and prefer cash instead.

Pros: room gets cleaned daily, A/C, T.V in room, comfortable beds. Cons: The lock on the door was ancient and hardly provided any security. The staff sat in the front reception area and had loud conversations every morning that woke us up. The walls are paper thin and everything can be heard. The staff was not friendly. I would recommend this place and I would not stay here again

Only stayed one night before heading to Rome, but it was a nice stay. My own room with bed, desk, and wardrobe for a price that normally gets you a bed in a mixed dorm. Great bathroom facilities, towel and linen included, and the receptionist recommended a great bar to watch World Cup games.

Nice clean hotel, comfy beds but a bit expensive. The key to the room opens any other door in the hostel, and no safes/lock boxes in the room. But each room has their own shower, that's a plus.

• 12th Jun 2014

Location very good, very close to Duomo and area felt very safe. Value for money.

We were very pleasantly surprised by this hostel. We had a beautiful double bed private with our own bathroom for a very reasonable price. It is within a short walk from the main train station and all the sights we wanted to go to in Florence. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. It felt very secure as there were different keys to get into the building, the hotel, and each room. Definitely would recommend!

Everything was fine during my stay there. I had only one problem with connection to the Internet, it didn't work well.

a pleasant stay