Tourist House Liberty Reviews

Via Ventisette Aprile 9, Florence, Italy

Great location, just short walk from the town center. The room was very nice and the bed was super comfortable. My only complaint is that contrary to what is stated under the 'policies' section, you cannot pay for your stay with a credit card when you arrive. Even though it says credit cards accepted the woman would not allow us to use our cards, cash only. So just be aware

• 11th Apr 2015

One of the staff members was not overly polite but the other member made up for that. Also, there is one bathroom for all tenants which causes a queue - don't expect to get in straight away!

lovely place, very clean, spacious room, the directions from the station were really clear

Nice little hostel. Friendly manageress. Room very compact (some might say cosy) but all a backpacker could want really. Right where all the action and is within walking distance of pretty all of Florence's main sights!

The location is perfect, not far away from the train station but it's noisy outside. The appartement smells bad , the blanket smells worse that made me feel uncomfortable all night . I don't recommend.

Hosted by 2 nice Brazilians its an awesome option of lodging. Really close to the station and to the Galleria Dell´Accademia, also a short walk to the other attractions. Rooms for couples, charming and with nice views to their garden. A hostel that feels like a hotel. Comandado por duas simpáticas brasileiras, excelente opção. Pertinho da estação e da Galeria Dell’Accademia e pouco tempo de caminhada das demais atrações. Quartos para casal, charmosos e com janelas para os jardins.Estilo Hotel

Nice little hostel in good location (both to trainstation and dome approx. 10min walk). But noisy, so bring ohropax if you are sensitive for noise in the night

I like here! Clean and convenient. I will stay again someday.

The room is quite good.

Excellent location, and staff very helpful.

Excellent stay, quiet room, comfy bed, it all gets cleaned daily and very close to everything in Florence, Duomo is a few blocks away. If you're driving to Florence, don't drive in, you'll get a 100 Euro fine. We parked the car for free at the Viale Nenni parking lot, then took the tram x street (1.20E) to the last station, Santa Maria train station. From there it's about 10 mins walk to the hostel down Via Nazionale, so very easy to get to. Also, good Chinese restaurant across the street.

It was kind of like a B

Hosts were very friendly and accommodating, gave good suggestions for breakfast. Room was perfect for a solo traveller and very clean, as was the bathroom. Located close to major attractions, but not on a noisy street. Short walk to/from train station.

When we arrived, they give us a googletranslated message, that the hotel is ovefbooked altough we had a reservation. We got a adress from a other hotel where we had to stay for one night and then we had to come back for the second night. The other hotel was not bad, we got a verry small basic room with a small window. When we came back on the next afternoon, nobody was there for check in. Also it wasn't possible to leave the luggage longer then 1.30pm. after check out. Never got a appology

Be aware that the hostel is on a busy side street and tour bus / city bus traffic is noisy early and late. Staff were very helpful and friendly and I loved the Old World feel while in Florence.

• 15th Sep 2014

Fairly central, friendly staff and clean room. Only stayed one night but was pleased overall.

Very fair priced hostel in a central location.

Everything was perfect except receptionist. She didn't give us a smile. She warned to collect luggage before 1 p.m. Saturday but she was absent about 1 p.m. She didn't apologize when some girl phoned on the "emergency phone number". Finally we found out she live in the next apartment. She didn't look out how we had been waiting a half of hour.

i did not feel secure somehow. everything was heard from the other rooms, was noisy. location could be better. Bathroom was disgusting.

It was all great but I found it an unusual place. My room was tiny (expected because of the price!) but wasn't down a corridor away from the front desk. I could hear the phone ringing and people talking to the staff. The reception desk wasn't even a meter from my door. I did have to walk past it when using the bathroom or showering which was a bit odd. Staff were amazing though but I don't think I'd go back because of the size and reception proximity!!

• 1st Aug 2014