Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

The hotel is so Cold.decke is thin,sevre is not so good. Wifi is bad.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • China

Great location close to all the main sights and attractions. I stayed in a four bed female dorm for 5 nights...no bunk beds which was good. Has a kitchen that relies on people cleaning up after themselves ....which was not consistent. Kitchen has a large table where people hang out , otherwise there is a couch in the very small reception area. There seemed to be more students staying than travelers when I was there. Good wifi. Hot showers....you get what you pay for.

Our stay here was very disappointing. We arrived to the hostel and kept ringing on the doorbell. We then found out from someone else that nobody will be at the desk until 8pm and accordingly will not be able to check us in until then. There was also a resident who did not work there but acted like he did who tried to dictate what we can and can't do. The facilities itself were fine, but the overall experience was terrible.

The people we met here were nice and the location was great. However, there was no front desk or really any staff around at all. The place was generally cramped and dirty. The wifi barely worked and only in the entrance way. It felt more like staying in a dingy apartment on a cot than in a hostel.

Location was good, not too far from the city. The bathrooms were a bit unpleasant and the place had a strange smell. It was ok since I was only there for a night but would not have wanted to stay longer.

This place was hard to find and when I eventually did, it took a long time for anyone to answer the door. There wasn't always someone around if I needed anything. The kitchen is a decent size but is the only communal area. Everything is pretty basic. It's definitely the location you're paying for so if you want to be in the city centre and don't plan on being in much it's fine.

We had a great stay here! The staff was very helpful and the location was perfect.

The hostel is like a big family... People are very friendly and helpful. The place is a bit mess. Very good place for who want to make new friends. The location is good.

The hostel itself isn't that bad although it's common area is just a small kitchen and benches so it isn't all that social. The place is just an apartment with beds in rooms. The biggest problem was that there appeared to be long staying guests who felt they had some sort of sense of entitlement to the hostel, and would enter rooms they were not staying in and leave their stuff anywhere in the hostel. They weren't respectful and it made us quite uncomfortable to stay. The owner was quite nice.

So this hostel was in an excellent part of town. Near all the bars, cultural sites, and great places to eat. The bathrooms were limited and absolutely disgusting. There was a mixup and we stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm the first night. It was pretty loud, smelly, and scary. Once we were moved to a 4 room that locked and was all girls we were much happier. When we arrived we were pretty creeped out/worried. However it was not a bad place to crash and leave our luggage.

Female and male rooms, female okay the male dorm resembled a collection of dog beds pushed together. Staff are horrendous unwashed and fairly useless on most levels, ie; unable to provide entry keys for all guests. Kitchen okay as are bathrooms, think Tarantino movie esque hostel for the rest of it. Just avoid so many better places to spend the same amount of money.

Beds are very comfortable and very clean. Right next to good night life in Florence. Would stay here again!

Very clean. However, page said there would be luggage lockers and they only had a safe. Other than that it was very nice.

• 2nd Oct 2015

You get what you pay for. It is a bed, it is a good location, and I had a good time and made some friend! I would not stay here of season. The staff was nice, but things were done in a little bit weird way, not a typical hostel. It was not clean enough, that is the only thing that I want to complain about.

We had a really great time at this hostel mostly because of the people we met and the location. Really close to the bars, good neighborhood. Unfortunately, there are no lockers for you bags. The bathroom head showers were not holding and the bathrooms were quite dirty. The kitchen was a great spot to hang out but the table was always dirty. Above all it was still a good place to stay for the price.

• 30th Sep 2015

This was an interesting set up for a hostel. More apartment than hostel with beds laid out (think Annie's orphanage). Marchello, the resident guest was an awesome roommate! Everyone there was great, as well as the location. Just don't expect much in terms of amenities. My friend dreaded it, but I would come back! :)

The Hostel is good for one night,

Very good location, staff is amazing and the beds are comfy. Not the most spacious but it's at a great and hip and happening location.

The staff was lovely, but this place was not clean! More like a house which has been made into a hostel! Other back packers at the hostel were cool though, good social hostel. Make sure you arrange a time to check in as the staff are not always around. It's a good place if you are on a tight budget! No locks for your stuff, but otherwise ok security. I would have preferred camping than this place.

I booked a four bed form for 3 nights, when I arrived I was told I would have to spend the last night in a mixed 6 bed dorm - no prior notification of that. Not very clean (the bathrooms in particular) and the beds are crammed in, especially in the bigger Dirm. And it smelled of sewage!

« first « Prev 1 2 3