Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

There were not nearly enough lockers for everyone in the hostel. The beds are all piled into a room so there is not much room for anything. The staff was never really around, and it took them 2 days to get maps for us. Overall, I had a good time because of the people I met in the hostel and the time I spent with them, but the hostel itself was just a place to sleep.

It was terrible. It was only one night, but when we arrived, there was no receptionist there and the apartment was not so clean. We had to wait for more than half an hour for someone finally appears. The bedrooms were not comfortable also.

I wouldn't stay here just because security was not of quality standard and it could have been cleaner

• 26th Jul 2014

The hostel is okay, don't have high expectations though! The kitchen is so disgusting and the bathrooms doesn't get cleaned very often. The rooms are so small and the beds are really close, the sheets were clean. The location on the other hand is really nice! Right in the center of the beautiful city!

The place is really nice, clean and close to the center. There you can rent a bike and go around the amazing walls and the castle in the middle of the city. Definitely I would go back to the place for sure!

• 24th Jul 2014

I went to Florence alone, but that was not a problem! Met many other who were also travelling by themselves. Great social area in the kitchen! The location couldn't be better. Nice staff as well! Would love to stay again.

Place is not great untidy, bathrooms dirty, power sockets never work and above noisey bars. If you want more then 3 hours sleep don't stay.

The location is good. The bathroom not v clean, prob cuz there's only 3 in the place. The room I stayed in was jam packed with beds, mine was a cot that wasn't long enough for me. This jackass came into the room late at 1am, eating crunchy chips loudly, taking flash photos of people in bed, talking loudly, walking around, etc etc. He eventually went to sleep in one of the cots WITH some other hostel guest chick, but not before waking everyone up. Apparently he is on the staff. Will never return.

거리가 좀 멀고, 집을 개조한듯한 호스텔풍경임. 약간 좁다는느낌을 받았고 시설이 대체적으로 평균 이하인듯함. 스텝은 친절하지만 영어를 잘 못함. 지금까지 다닌 호스텔과 비하면 안좋은쪽에 속함

our room was great, had a small kitchen.

Staff was very friendly. Only issue was we had to walk to another location 5-10 minutes away.

Nice kitchen/common area, and nice people. The fact that the staff is so absent on weekends is ridiculous and impractical, but that (and the onetime lack of toilet paper that resulted) was the only real issue. The staff is very nice when there, the location is good and the building is very cool!

A little disappointing to be honest. You have to pay extra for towels and the room we stayed was on the ground floor which made us feel uneasy having the window open during the night despite the heat. The location is good, easy walk into the centre of town. The staff were helpful.

On arrival we were told we would stay at a secondary site just around the corner. The room was damp and noisy, and although the bathroom was hi spec, it wasn't very clean, and apart from the Wi-Fi there were no other facilities on the site, and no staff to ask for things like a bath mat (which would have helped with the bathroom cleanliness). Not recommended.

Friendly staff, and nice place to stay. Felt like living in a shared apartment, with the kitchen as a central point drawing the rooms together. Enjoyable atmosphere in a great location.

A terrific location within walking distance to the station and most sights. I felt safe while staying here. Staff are friendly too, but quite a basic hostel. Would definitely stay again

This place is awesome but needs a disclaimer. It took me a couple of hours to get used to the unusual setting and crowded rooms. Don't expect a slick hostel with topnotch facilities - Personnel is a bit shy and at first a little closed off (also living there), but helpful and friendly. It's a functional place, cleaned daily, cheap and I've met the best people of my two week trip in Italy. If you're alone or just the social type of guy: this is the place. I just had the best time.

My worst youth hostel ever. The staff doesn't speak English very much and doesn't know how to smile... There is no key for the rooms so it's always open. The linen, the kitchen and the 3 bathrooms weren't clean. When you want to pay your stay with a credit card you need to pay taxes... it's too expensive !!

The location of this hostel could not be any better. The girl who runs the 'desk' is lovely and was very helpful throughout our stay. However the beds were uncomfortable, prison style next to each other and the rooms were so hot. On the 2nd night we asked for a fan and it helped somewhat. The downside of this hostel that the other guy that works there would smoke with his creepy friends in the common area most nights so a bit uncomfortable. Overall not a great vibe. We met some lovely people tho

Fantastic location, centrally located near some of the main sights, walking distance from the train station, best price I could find in Firenze. Would stay again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3