Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

I spent one horrible night here. They have cots, not real beds, and I was poked by springs all night. I could hardly sleep all night because my window led into the loudest party street I've ever heard in my life. I was even woken at 5:30 am by men yelling rocously and breaking glass bottles. There was only one working outlet for the three beds, which made charging anything difficult for all of us. I picked it for their laundry and the dryer was broken when I got there. I will never return.

• 27th Jun 2015

This place was disgusting! The pictures shown on the Hostelworld app are NOTHING like they really are. The beds are tiny, stained yellow, and have sleeping bags for blankets. The kitchen had multiple overflowing trashbags scattered on the floor. The sink was full of dirty dishes and there were gnats everywhere. There was one shared bathroom, two bedrooms crammed full with beds. There was no privacy and no secure place for personal belongings. The staff was rude and kept leaving our conversation.

You cannot lock the door in your room but they have small safes so you can put only very important things in a safe and you have to leave your luggage in your room. Room was a bit dirty.

Recently stayed at this hostel for 2 nights. There is no reception and staff hard to find to ask questions/recommendations. Bedrooms very clean however only one PowerPoint in room which made it hard for everyone to charge cameras and phones. In great location close to shops and bars. No air conditioning and bathrooms were not too clean.

I had a great time staying at this hostel. Everyone was very nice. Was in a great location. Traffic was a bit noisy but you can't help that. I would definitely recommend to stay there

The Santa Croce is located above many bars/restaurants, which is great for food/drinks but at night this means it is incredibly loud. Ear plugs are a must! The sheets were clean but bathrooms/floors were not. Our room didn't lock so everyone could get in and there are not enough lockers for everyone. Curfew is at 11 but overheard staff yelling at a different group at 9:30 and kicked them out of the hostel. They photocopied our passports on arrival and would not return copies at end of stay.

Get what you paid for. Excellent location! They hadn't changed the sheets from the last person when I arrived but that was no big deal as it was sorted quickly. Should be s bit more clear about check in times as I said I'd arrive at 2pm and couldn't check in until 9pm on Saturdays. Overall it was ok.

Good location could walk everywhere. Noisy at night though. No air conditioning, and sheets were a little dirty, but staff was nice and kitchen was a good size.

Quite run down facilities. Very small hostel with good staff. Its also very loud because windows don't fully close. The hostel is located by many bars

there were no lockers for bags and we didn't get a key to our room to lock that. The street was so loud and quiet hours in the hostel weren't respected any of the nights we were there. Had to ask a big group of Americans to be quiet three times before they finally were at 3 am. The bathrooms weren't clean and there was never toilet paper. We couldn't leave our bags the next day so we couldn't go up in the duomo which we had already bought tickets for.

Overall everything is good, recommended when visiting florence.

Decent facilities, but overpriced for what you get. Good atmosphere, but no security in the rooms (lockers) and they could be cleaner by Italian standards. Great staff, and perfect location.

All the staff here are so friendly, place are comfortable, just abit noisy during at night because it's location right middle of the street. Anyway, is a good place to stay when came to Florence, easy to go around to reach all attraction place.

Laptop stolen. No staff present or showing up to assist.

I am sorry for that. Is not true that nobody assist you because two people went there and assist you. Lets say also that you had a security box wich you did'nt use and also that you left the laptop in one of the common bathrooms at night , went out to club and come back at 4 am . I am sorry but is not our fault. we can not control everybody every minute , you need to be a bit more responsable..

I loved how this hostel was smaller and more like a little community! There were locals staying there so it made the experience even better! Everyone played games and cooked together! It felt like more of a local experience! There were only 3 bathrooms for everyone but it was never a problem for me! If you like smaller, less touristy hostels I would definitely recommend staying here!

Really dirty and always missing staff...but still it offers a place to sleep, at least

Hostel was nice, comfy beds and bathroom was clean for the most part. Staff was also nice, although we couldn't find anyone when we were trying to check out. Location was perfect; really close to restaurants and bars!

• 9th May 2015

The room was very dirty, floor under the bed was full with balls of hair and dust. The bathroom was not clean. The toilet was not clean. Dust everywhere on the furniture. I had to clean the table and chairs myself so we can use them. Coffee maker had some floating stuff- not usable. In general-very bad experience, disgusting place.

Well located, with a usable kitchen and Wi-Fi that worked in the kitchen (which doubled as the common area), this place had everything that I needed. In terms of cleanliness, it could have been a bit better. There was a half bath in my dorm which looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in ages. But for the price, in Florence, it was decent. As a solo traveler, I think you would meet people easily. One other thing though, it is a bit loud because of the bars across the street, so bring earplugs.

It was clean and good location but if it weren't for the people staying at the hostel at that time I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much. Staff was rude and horrible.

I understand, but... what about you? is it nice to scream and yell after middnight in the hallways ,, when other people want to sleep? sorry but alcohol and lack of education is not a good combination.

« first « Prev 1 2 3