Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

Really good hostel to stay few days. Enough facilities. Great location.

Great staff, helped, organized, cleaned, was lively. Apartment is really nice and cozy. Showers and kitchen are in very good condition. Sometimes there is no soap in the toilet, which is corrected immediately. Thanks, enjoy Florence!

It was pretty dirty all over, but extremely cheap and perfect for one night.

Good location. There is kitchen. But expensive

The woman working at the hostel told us that we were going to stay at a different building a few blocks from the one we thought. Thank God that happened because we were told by a guy that there were flees on the beds (he had a rush so it was true).

I was not pleased with this hostel at all. Minor details that I was disappointed with were the smell of the place and how dark it was. I have stayed at plenty of hostels and this was the least interactive and social. I found the facilities to be, or at least seem, a little dirtier than I was comfortable with, and the staff was no where to be found for the majority of my stay. On a positive note, I was able to stay in a four person bedroom for a low cost, and this made my stay bearable.

Negatives: After making the booking I received an email saying I had to arrive before 6pm otherwise I couldn't get into the room. The bed was uncomfortable and uneven. The toilet water constantly leaked onto the floor. No Internet inside the room. Just in the foyer. Positives: it's right next door to some great drinking places. We didnt pay that much for the weekend so we got what we paid for.

Great place! I love the experience of the house, the concept of not having any staff around makes you really feel like you and all the others are really guest in someones house. Yo can meet a lot of people and the whole idea of a more relax place works perfectly with the vibe in the city! I highly recomend this place for a different travellers experience!

The bathrooms were extremely dirty, and constantly had wet floors. It smelled like chlorine all the time, the kitchen is always dirty, and you have to pay extra for lockers. But, the wifi was good in some parts of the building. Also, my room was a kitchen

For the money, its good. Great location. If you sign up for a mixed room, the room is pretty small so you will be extremely close to some random people. Kitchen and common room are great, nice bathrooms.

The good things about this hostel was that the beds (in the 6 bed dorm at least) were not bunk beds, and for the night I was there, the place seemed quite clean. However, it was quite difficult to sleep on a Saturday night as the area was quite noisy. The receptionist wasnt very helpful. The bed looked clean but it had made me feel very itchy all night.

This hostel was terrible. The staff was never around and impossible to find. When they were there (rarely) they were unhelpful and rude. It was dirty and noisy. The beds were like sleeping in craters and there was absolutely no communal space. Nothing in the kitchen barely worked. There were no locks on the doors to the rooms and there were no lockers for you things. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Highly recommend a backpacker living here. warm enough, hot water and hygiene good. Can walk to everywhere. I watch a football game by walk.

Amazing location right in the center of Firenze. Nice and cozy room but I did notice that the rooms weren't truly separated so some noise gets though but that's all right. Bathrooms are ok but whenever you flush the returning water to fill the tank is left perpetually on and it gets a little loud. I think something was wrong with them. All in all though, a pleasant stay.

They don't have any lockers to use. Carrying around my passport was a bit annoying but it worked out. Great staff and location.

• 29th Dec 2014

I am glad that you liked our place. We have lockers, I don't know how you did not seen them in one week.

I spent really nice time at here, nice staff, good facility amazing experience!

It is not a hostel. The structure is terrible. No wifi, and no kitchen in the place we stayed. Dirty place.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great people at this hostel.

Not a great hostel. The staff, well they weren't really there. They just showed up to clean and left. No where to put luggage, just had to sit on the floor in full view. Some old woman was clearly living in the hostel and had been doing so for a while, resulting in her bedding area smelling pretty bad. Wouldn't stay here again

Limited number of lockers and do not expect the organization of the hostelworld photos