Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

It is good that this place is in such a brilliant location because I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend time in this hostel other than to sleep. As a means to en end on a budget, it serves it's purpose, but it is not a nice place by any means. Staff is really friendly.

Very good hostel for the price, well located and comfortable. Also since it felt like an apartment which meant it had quite a good atmosphere.

Very disappointed with this place. Location is good and there were some nice people who were there, but some turned up and left. We couldn't use the showers as they were filthy, the kitchen was filthy and very poorly equipped, we were given a dirty duvet, which they did change once I complained. We were told they tend to cater to young crowd, know it's not in great condition but that we were older/more standards - I'm 36 and was shocked at the ageism...also it was NOT 24 hr reception at all.

• 12th Mar 2014

The hostel staff is very friendly, but the bathrooms were full of various problems (for instance, when you flushed the toilet, the cistern mounted on the wall would spray water at you), as was the kitchen. The gas stove wouldn't work without a lighter; the management promised to give us one every day of my 4-day stay in Florence-- and never gave us one. The rooms also had no locks whatsoever-- which didn't bother me, but might bother some. Also: be aware of city taxes when you pay for your stay!

• 12th Mar 2014

This place is more of a big apartment then a hostel building. This leads to the atmosphere being a lot different then usual youth hostels - more familiar, I would say. We booked a 6 person dorm and were given a 2-bed private with a street terrace for free, which is of course more than nice. The facilities are clean and there is a great kitchen. The location on Piazza Santa Croce is top, everything is reachable in 10 min walk. All in all the stay was very pleasant.

I dont recommand this hostel for people who like to feel confortable. Ratio money/value is terrible!!! Cold rooms, not hot shower.... Book another hostel or hotel !!

Very good location but a little difficult to find, anyway once you find it is close to everything. The hostel is nice, the beds are confortable but the kitchen and the bathroom are dirty, specially the kitchen.

It's a good place to stay overall, but there are some remarks that must be made. Not all the rooms of the hostel are in the given adress, they have some rooms that are in the same region but not in the same building, so you might need to do some walking after checking-in. The heating system turned itself off automaticaly in the room were I stayed, so you may need to restart it everyday.

Hostel is located in the center but to find the hostel is a chalenge.In 6 bad dormitory isnt much space for people to move.The kitchen sink is always dirty and full of unwashed dishes. On the street where the hostel is located is two bars so on weekend is very noisy.

Everything was as I expected except that when I arrived at the location I was told my room was not there but was in fact at a different location. I chose this hostel because of its location so it was a little aggravating. Also I wasn't told that they were closed on Saturday so it created quite a problem when I tried to return my keys. Lastly there was no kitchen at my location but there was at the original. This was a bit frustrating as well. Everything felt like I just had to deal with it

• 12th Nov 2013

Interesting hostel, not especially in a bad way

Abit of confusion about reception operating times, as the website said 24hrs and this was not so. If it was not for a guest leaving the apartments we probably would of been waiting on the outside door step. Also hard to find as we walked start past the tiny little parque on the door, advertising the hostel. Our neighbours were so loud and rude in the middle of the night waking us up. And the bathroom will... It needs work.

the bathroom should be always clean, especially since is a common bathroom. and that should be at all hours of the day, maybe also a soap would be nice there, and the rest, everyone can bring for himself. and if you are going to mix in the rooms guys with girls, you should put the beds at least 1 m one from another. is not really nice to have the feeling you are sleeping in the same bed with him.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Romania

I don't understand your comment. You payed for a 6 bed mixed dorm and you get a 4 bed mixed dorm. But there where only another two girls with you so The bed next to yours was empty. and you had this feeling that you are sleeping with him. who? there was'nt any boy, anybody next to you.

The receptionist was very friendly. The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. Location is good but not easy to get there with bus (owner should've mentioned which stop to stop with the bus 23 or 14), so better walk. Laundry service is available and we dried the clothes in a nearby laundry shop. Bad thing is that some people had a party just right outside of our room, so noisy that we couldn't sleep(for two consecutive nights). But what to ask more since it just costed us 11€ per night

The wifi didn't work very well

The first night we slept in a room wich was had a small space between the top of the wall and ceiling. In the night we heard all the sounds of our neighbours, although we had a 2 personbedroom. We got another room during the other 3 noghts. That room was ok. The showers were poorly cleaned and it was a pity we didn't see our hostelier when we left. We could not say goodbye. Best wishes, Robin and Misja

We stayed two nights: the first was a disaster. We booked a private double bed room, the room itself was okay, except that there was a 30 cm gap at the top of our wall. This meant, that we could hear everything from the other 5-bed room, where a group of 4-5 very drunk and loud people stayed. In the morning we told the receptionist guy to give us an other room, he was very nice. and gave us a full apartment with own bathroom and kitchen, in an other street, but still very close.