Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

It was like a shock! When we arrived at the place, there are no people working there!!, only they come at time of check in and check out! There is only three bathrooms, for the whole hostel! So u can imagine how dirty they get, since there is no one cleaning! There was no fan in my room other rooms had one but still was too hot, the kitchen is too dirty I don't know how they cook in it! If come to check in in the weekend then ur going to wait for ages because they don't work their in the weekend

This hostel is good, I enjoyed the people I met and it's a good enough place to sleep and eat. The facilities were not the best, could have been better for what I was paying but overall a good experience was had. Mainly the people I met made it what it was. The wifi only works in the common room and kitchen and there's no aircon or fans in the rooms so it gets quite hot, over all still a good place - pretty average but as a backpacker it's pretty good.

Host was very friendly and helpful. Good sized kitchen with fridge, stove, washing machine. Rooms were very hot, without any fans. Street right outside window was impossibly noisy, but I used earplugs, and was fine after that. Bathrooms (3) were spacious and clean. The best part was the location, with nothing more than 20mins away. Would recommend if planning to see the city on foot, and can deal with hot noisy conditions.

Great hostel, even better staff. Worth the value, and very close to everything you want to see in Florence

• 20th Jul 2015

Like others have mentioned this location has downsides. First it's extremely hot at night in these rooms, no fans of any kind are provided. There were four of us in a room with only one huge window to provide ventilation. It is also over a busy street, at night it's very loud!! The internet only works in the kitchen/lounge area. The staff are not that very helpful or available. I couldn't find any staff for over an hour because they were not in the hostel. It's okay for 1 night at most.

My stay at this hostel was alright. The staff were nice but hardly around and there was no air conditioning which made it unbearable at times. Also we kept the window open for that reason and it was so noisy! However, you can do laundry and there is a space to make a meal. Wifi only works in the lobby.. Great location though!

• 16th Jul 2015

The staff isn't nice. They did not tell me where I could lock things. There are only three bathrooms (including a shower and a toilet) for the entire hostel, so be prepared to wait. The common facilities are not so clean. They crammed as many beds as possible in one room. There were no aircondition or vans to it was incredibly hot in summer, almost impossible to sleep. We left the windows open because of the heat and the street was so noisy all night (first people partying, then traffic, etc.)

Very nice hostel with great staff and guests.

The place was pretty old and shabby, but clean. The room opened to a court yard, so if you want to open your windows, you share yourself with your neighbors. It was so hot, we had to keep the windows open. There was no fan. Our neighbors smoked in the courtyard, so their smoking of course came into our room, our laundry, etc., which is not pleasant when you don't smoke. It was quite noisy, as the courtyard opens up to all of the rooms above as well, so you can hear every conversation, TV, etc.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great value for money. Excellent location and kind staff. I was late due to traffic on the check-in day and the staff was very accommodating. The area is the center of night life for travelers and locals and is therefore noisy, and that's what you get when you stay at such a central location. The garbage in the room was full for a few days, maybe because it was the weekend. There was no personal locker for luggage, although you can rent a safe box with code.

This was in a good location and had a pretty decent atmosphere. The staff was really nice and super helpful. It was definitely super hot though since they didn't have air conditioning. They also didn't have any large lockers, just small ones so that was a bit of a bummer. However, it was SUPER loud. Make sure to bring ear plugs since it's directly above a bunch of restaurants. If you want a place that's quiet, I wouldn't suggest this hostel. I'd probably go back though.

Location was centralized to everything but that was about the only thing going for this place. Really loud street below. Everything was pretty dirty. In the room we stayed in there were stairs going to a loft with a broken step on the bottom with a sharp metal bracket sticking up. I slipped on the step and sliced the back of my ankle which required 5 stitches. On recommendation from the doctor I asked to file a claim with there insurance in case there was a problem later. They had no insurance!!

I spent one horrible night here. They have cots, not real beds, and I was poked by springs all night. I could hardly sleep all night because my window led into the loudest party street I've ever heard in my life. I was even woken at 5:30 am by men yelling rocously and breaking glass bottles. There was only one working outlet for the three beds, which made charging anything difficult for all of us. I picked it for their laundry and the dryer was broken when I got there. I will never return.

Terrible hostel for our first time travelling . There was no locks on the door and no air con it was dirty and the bathroom was foul . The man at reception was creepy and the older man who lives there asked girls to sleep with him all throughout the night ! Was a bad experience !!!! Someone should report him

You cannot lock the door in your room but they have small safes so you can put only very important things in a safe and you have to leave your luggage in your room. Room was a bit dirty.

Recently stayed at this hostel for 2 nights. There is no reception and staff hard to find to ask questions/recommendations. Bedrooms very clean however only one PowerPoint in room which made it hard for everyone to charge cameras and phones. In great location close to shops and bars. No air conditioning and bathrooms were not too clean.

I had a great time staying at this hostel. Everyone was very nice. Was in a great location. Traffic was a bit noisy but you can't help that. I would definitely recommend to stay there

The Santa Croce is located above many bars/restaurants, which is great for food/drinks but at night this means it is incredibly loud. Ear plugs are a must! The sheets were clean but bathrooms/floors were not. Our room didn't lock so everyone could get in and there are not enough lockers for everyone. Curfew is at 11 but overheard staff yelling at a different group at 9:30 and kicked them out of the hostel. They photocopied our passports on arrival and would not return copies at end of stay.

Get what you paid for. Excellent location! They hadn't changed the sheets from the last person when I arrived but that was no big deal as it was sorted quickly. Should be s bit more clear about check in times as I said I'd arrive at 2pm and couldn't check in until 9pm on Saturdays. Overall it was ok.

Good location could walk everywhere. Noisy at night though. No air conditioning, and sheets were a little dirty, but staff was nice and kitchen was a good size.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4