Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

Our stay was fantastic. Christian was a great host and everyone there was very kind and friendly. The beds were conformable and the toilets and kitchen facilities were above average. A homely feel that made us feel quite welcomed

• 6th Feb 2016

Honestly an unnerving experience. The hostel is very hard to find, with no noticeable sign on the outside, just a tiny plaque that has the name on it right by the buzzer. The hostel also has a homey feel, but not in a good way, more in a creepy way. I was told that my room was double booked, and that instead of staying in the four person female dorm I would have to spend a night in a room with 2 men I didn't know, which made me very uncomfortable.

• 29th Jan 2016

The location is excellent on one the main party streets in the centre of Florence. The downside of this was that it was pretty loud in my room at night because of the noise from the street. The cleanliness of the hostel was bad. The bathrooms were very dirty. There was no safe place to leave the bags on departure day. No staff member was available for checkout on departure day in the morning.

This place is great. The location is perfect, and while its true that it doesn't have the traditraditional hostel feel, it has a really interesting atmosphere to it that's pretty cool. The manager, Christian, is really amazing. He's incredibly thoughtful and kind and is a great guy to talk to. I had to leave early because of something unrelated, but I wish I could have stayed longer!

Location is great to walk around and get to all the places to visit. The guy welcoming and attending guests is really nice and kind, also the people permanently living there. Bathrooms and kitchen were clean, I'd just add a microwave to the kitchen. Only thing missing is the possibility to leave the luggage in a guarded place. All in all, though, I'd definitely go back!

There are permanent people there which live there for long time and they are very strange. Arguing togather and make people feel uncomfortable. Very strange smell .

The staff asked for 5 euros extra than the price specified, saying that, it is for city tax. The kitchen can be improved.

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • India

Very friendly and helpful staff, they gave us a lot of practical advice, regarding shopping, parking, public transportation etc.

Awesome Place Seriously Recommend. Right in the centre of all the tourist spots

Staff was cold upon arrival, but was more friendly later on in the stay. The hostel was very closed off and my friends felt somewhat uncomfortable leaving our room to use the bathroom, etc. The staff was unorganized and only had 1 set of keys for our 4 person room. Thankfully we were all together - if not, it could've been a real problem! And, there were NO lockers in our room, which I consider unprofessional. My biggest complaint is the price - I've paid much less elsewhere for a much better

Had a private room so shipped off to an apartment nearby which meant there was no atmosphere at all. As we were out and about the whole time it was OK. Room constantly smelled of cigarettes but other than that it was well located and an overall pretty good deal

Several of the previous reviews happened during our stay. At Saturdays the hostel opens only at 17.30 for check in and even then we had to wait for the staff clean the room. The smell in the hostel was bad. The bathrooms were all dirty. two of the three bathrooms had problems (one had no light and the other the floor was always wet). The hostel has no lockers for luggage. The kitchen don't have equipment to cook (ovens or microwaves). Internet was slow and oscillating. The street is noisy.

• 19th Dec 2015

The hotel is so Cold.decke is thin,sevre is not so good. Wifi is bad.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • China

Great location close to all the main sights and attractions. I stayed in a four bed female dorm for 5 nights...no bunk beds which was good. Has a kitchen that relies on people cleaning up after themselves ....which was not consistent. Kitchen has a large table where people hang out , otherwise there is a couch in the very small reception area. There seemed to be more students staying than travelers when I was there. Good wifi. Hot showers....you get what you pay for.

Our stay here was very disappointing. We arrived to the hostel and kept ringing on the doorbell. We then found out from someone else that nobody will be at the desk until 8pm and accordingly will not be able to check us in until then. There was also a resident who did not work there but acted like he did who tried to dictate what we can and can't do. The facilities itself were fine, but the overall experience was terrible.

The people we met here were nice and the location was great. However, there was no front desk or really any staff around at all. The place was generally cramped and dirty. The wifi barely worked and only in the entrance way. It felt more like staying in a dingy apartment on a cot than in a hostel.

Location was good, not too far from the city. The bathrooms were a bit unpleasant and the place had a strange smell. It was ok since I was only there for a night but would not have wanted to stay longer.

This place was hard to find and when I eventually did, it took a long time for anyone to answer the door. There wasn't always someone around if I needed anything. The kitchen is a decent size but is the only communal area. Everything is pretty basic. It's definitely the location you're paying for so if you want to be in the city centre and don't plan on being in much it's fine.

We had a great stay here! The staff was very helpful and the location was perfect.

The hostel is like a big family... People are very friendly and helpful. The place is a bit mess. Very good place for who want to make new friends. The location is good.