Tourist House Santa Croce

Fabulous 1708 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1708 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
19th Jun 2017

Couldn't recommend this place more! On arrival seemed a bit iffy but I quickly felt very at home, it's was like having my own apartment. Location is perfect and as a solo female backpacker I found it a great place for meeting people. Clean, hot showers, good wifi and a kitchen with free coffee. Plus Christian the owner is great fun. I will definitely be back!

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Jun 2017

This is my FAVORITE hostel. I'm not going to lie, I walked in thinking I need to change my reservation ASAP. It's not like other hostels for sure. Lol. I ended up actually extending my stay. As a solo female backpacker this place I met the best people I have in all my travels and made so many friends. It has a very homey feel I felt like I was living in a little apartment in florence with roommates. Christian is awesome, very funny guy and such a good host. Free coffee in the kitchen is a plus:)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2017
7.1

Wifi hardly worked

• USA, All Female Group, 41+
12th Jun 2017
7.4

Friendly and helpful staff!

• USA, Female, 18-24
5.7

The hostel seemed a little sketchy upon arrival but had a welcoming owner and atmosphere. As our stay went on (it was only 2 nights) we noticed more and more wrong with the place: clogged showers, broken toilet seats, junk stored everywhere. The place could be really nice with some more TLC. It's clear the owner is very generous and cares about his customers, but he should put more money into the upkeep of the facilities if he wants customers to return and recommend.

8th Jun 2017

Rooms were nice with no bunk beds which is great. No power outlets at each bed though is bad in 2017. Not the best security as there are no lockers. Bathrooms are solid. Atmosphere is cool and very chilled. Would stay again!

8th Jun 2017

Social atmosphere & a friendly owner, very interesting guy. There were lots of bathrooms but the showers didn't drain properly and the rooms definitely could have benefited from some AC. I still had a really good stay though, the owner works extremely hard and you can tell that he loves his work. Thanks Christian!

6th Jun 2017

This hostel is in the perfect location if you are looking to go out at night. If you are looking to sleep, this is not the place for you. The community in the hostel was very friendly with young people looking to go out :) I would definitely recommend this place. One piece of advice though: there was an Indian man working who said he wasn't a promoter but definitely was - don't go wherever he says to go. He brought us to a terrible club with awful drinks and the 'free shots' h

• yitzhakiasaf151
  • Israel, Male, 31-40
4th Jun 2017

Great hostel! good vibe, very nice staff and the rooms perfect. Very recommended.

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Jun 2017
4.9

I wouldn't recommend this place for a solo female traveller. The staff seemed friendly enough but without having a bedroom door that locked or lockers available I was unable to relax and felt extremely vulnerable. I woke up to a guy sleeping on a couch right outside my door, I must have stayed here about 6 hours before leaving asap the next morning. It's right by a bar so is unbelievably loud all night (even with earplugs).

Hello, We are surprised of your review. Maybe you just stayed to short time , and did't have enough time to evaluate our hostel. You had booked a bed in a mixed dorm. The guy that you say he was sleeping on the couch was probably another traveler that drink to much at a party outside and did't arrived in the room. The couch was in the common area not in your room, and anyway you were sleeping in a room with other 3 strangers , as you reserve. You could reserve a private room if that was a problem. We did't give you a key for the room , because in 11 years of experience .. in dormitory nobody lock the door of the dormitory , because we are in place where, really you don't need to look the room. About the lookers, the same think. We took them away of the rooms because nobody use them and took to space. Of course sometimes is a bit noise outside in the street, because we are in a central place, the area is very famous for the nightlife too not only for the historical monuments and churches . There are hostels in Florence very quiet but far from the city center. Hope you have a great trip! Regards