Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

On arrival we were told we would stay at a secondary site just around the corner. The room was damp and noisy, and although the bathroom was hi spec, it wasn't very clean, and apart from the Wi-Fi there were no other facilities on the site, and no staff to ask for things like a bath mat (which would have helped with the bathroom cleanliness). Not recommended.

Friendly staff, and nice place to stay. Felt like living in a shared apartment, with the kitchen as a central point drawing the rooms together. Enjoyable atmosphere in a great location.

A terrific location within walking distance to the station and most sights. I felt safe while staying here. Staff are friendly too, but quite a basic hostel. Would definitely stay again

This place is awesome but needs a disclaimer. It took me a couple of hours to get used to the unusual setting and crowded rooms. Don't expect a slick hostel with topnotch facilities - Personnel is a bit shy and at first a little closed off (also living there), but helpful and friendly. It's a functional place, cleaned daily, cheap and I've met the best people of my two week trip in Italy. If you're alone or just the social type of guy: this is the place. I just had the best time.

My worst youth hostel ever. The staff doesn't speak English very much and doesn't know how to smile... There is no key for the rooms so it's always open. The linen, the kitchen and the 3 bathrooms weren't clean. When you want to pay your stay with a credit card you need to pay taxes... it's too expensive !!

The location of this hostel could not be any better. The girl who runs the 'desk' is lovely and was very helpful throughout our stay. However the beds were uncomfortable, prison style next to each other and the rooms were so hot. On the 2nd night we asked for a fan and it helped somewhat. The downside of this hostel that the other guy that works there would smoke with his creepy friends in the common area most nights so a bit uncomfortable. Overall not a great vibe. We met some lovely people tho

Fantastic location, centrally located near some of the main sights, walking distance from the train station, best price I could find in Firenze. Would stay again!

Very good location, in the centre. Staff was not super enthusiastic. The internet did not work in the rooms, only in common area. I did meet some nice other people in the hostel. Overall my stay was fine.

It was more of an appartment with far too many beds stuffed in. The lobby consisted of a sofa, the reception was a cupboard. There weren't enough keys to our room, so we couldn't lock ours, and we couldn't lock in our stuff anywhere either. The staff, on the other hand, was very nice. Their English was very good and they did all they could for us. But the wall between our and the room next to us had a large gap at the ceiling, resulting in disturbance... The location is although very good!

Great location; 5 minutes from the centre of Florence. And convenient to get to both train stations. It was a little loud in the evening, but that's expected when staying in the centre of the city with lots of steet noise. The staff were really nice and everyone there seemed really friendly. The kitchen was a good place to hang out to chill or meet others staying in the hostel. Overall, I'd recommend it to other travellers.

HORRIBLE WEEKEND CHECK-IN. You can't check in until 8pm very inconvenient, the girl was so busy and flustered she rushed through everything and practically threw our keys at us. Her rude sister was cleaning the bathrooms while we were trying to settle in. One of the toilets showers you with water when you flush. Our room was off the kitchen and did not close all the way unless you locked it. Creepy gang of dudes always in the kitchen area who lived there. Great location and nice reception guy

Totally disaster! We had the worst room ever in the history by travelling on our own and sleepinh at hostels! Tiny, the bed took a 95% of the room, not quite clean, dark, window vis-a-vis the other guest room so you can look at each other. The only good point was the location - quite close to the city centre. Definatelly not a good value for money, you pay too much for the room like this! My tip - pay more somewhere else but be sure that you'll sleep in the proper place, not in a "bunker".

The girl working was really nice and helpful. There was only 3 bathrooms and showers for like 30 people. The kitchen wasn't the best and you had to pay for towels. The location was great, you can walk pretty much everywhere. The wifi worked well

It was worth it's money, close to the train station and in an ideal location. However when we had problems with the trains the hostel owner wasn't very helpful towards us. It's nice though, quaint. A nice hostel to stay in.

not really organized. Bed was kind of falling a part. Messed up on how much money was owed and kept adding little payments. Didnt have enaugh keys for everyone in the room. Had to complain to get own key. Lady working there was really nice tho..kinda felt bad for her.

Big thumbs up for letting me hangout till late in the evening after checkout. Make sure you pay attention to when you need to check in. There isn't someone there 24/7. Me and couple others tried checking in on Saturday, just to be stuck at the bottom of the front door. I think the best would be to email them when would be the best time to check in. The location is worth any and all effort.

The location was ideal. Walking distance to everything, includidng train station. However because it was centrally located, it was very very noisy at night. The windows dont provide a good barrier. The bed was confortable and had hot water for shower. Wi fi not good in the rooms.

Here you get an apartment to share with other travelers. Decent enough place, clean, reasonable location.

This hostel was great. No problems at all, and the staff was wonderful and super helpful. Definitely my first choice if i were to come back.

• 1st Jun 2014

Staff are amazing, and they speak really good English. Beds and rooms are very clean and comfortable. Lots of outlets, and the free wifi is pretty decent. Awesome place with lots of awesome people. If you're staying in Florence, I would totally recommend this place.