Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

This hostel was great. No problems at all, and the staff was wonderful and super helpful. Definitely my first choice if i were to come back.

• 1st Jun 2014

Staff are amazing, and they speak really good English. Beds and rooms are very clean and comfortable. Lots of outlets, and the free wifi is pretty decent. Awesome place with lots of awesome people. If you're staying in Florence, I would totally recommend this place.

They present the hostel as moder and cool with a nice atmosphere, but in reality it is another thing, the "lobby" is a couch with a table , the rooms where not ready even doth we arrived at 4pm and the kitchen was nasty. Plus all of this the price is over the top. Very expensive for what they give and even doth the location may seam pretty good the notice in the rooms is terrible. I hated the hostel and I really recommend hosteworld to check that what they announce on their website is true.

The large dorm rooms do not have lockable doors. A couple of the 'private' rooms have an open area at the top of the adjoining wall, so any noise or conversation can be clearly heard on either side. The kitchen has no dish rack or towels, so wet dishes pile up on the counter. There was no dish soap for most of my stay. The washing machine for the sheets, etc is in the kitchen, and always seems to be going, day and night, and is extremely loud, making it difficult to talk or relax while eating.

the staff is super friendly, and there is a big kitchen where you can just cook or hang out with your fellow travellers ! the location couldnt be better too.

There was a lake middle of the bathroom. it was dirty at all. There was no stuff at apartment. 'apartment' !!

Judging strictly from the ratings this hostel may seem really bad, but I had a great time at the hostel! It wasn't clean but the kitchen was great for hanging out and I met so many people. Additionally some of the staff members are great

Staff were friendly and it was a comfortable stay. It's kind of a weird old building, and I had a problem where someone had broken a key off in the door lock, but the staff got it sorted out quickly. I had a nice time--perfectly good no-frills hostel.

It's not an ordinary hostel, more a flat with dorms :) but really good located; nice people; cute kitchen....we enjoyed our short stay!

• 8th May 2014

I definitelly recomend to stay in this hostel when in Florence. Location is just perfect, the interior very nice, authentic and clean and stuff nice and happy to help with anything. A good choice! )

• 4th May 2014
  • Slovakia

Great staying at Tourist House Santa Croce, great staff and very well located!...

• 2nd May 2014
  • Mexico

Not the prettiest, shiniest hostel you'll ever experience, but it really came to feel like home while we were staying here. The girl working here that we interacted with the most was super super helpful and really sweet. Plus, the location couldn't have been better - close to duomo, museums, churches, shopping, restaurants, cafés, and the river. Definitely would stay here again!!

• 1st May 2014

My stay was great! Thanks to Surin (Sorry if I didn't get your name correctly) who warmy welcomed me when I arrived. C",)

no toilet paper and no key

Please never book this hostel. It's total waste of money. It's highly overpriced too with no facilities. The room are too small. I would never recommend this to anyone. I don't know how can they charge so much for such an average and not-so-good room. The location is also not the same what they've mentioned (less than 1 kilometer from City Center) on the website. Overall, not a wise choice to choose this hostel for your stay in Florence.

The place was very dirty and for it didn't worth it's money (26 per night!) at all! The only advantage is that it is in the center but it was horrible and disgusting

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Greece

The hostel is in what would normally be an apartment. None of the bedrooms lock and the lockers they provide were too small to put bags in so we had to bring our passports and everything else we didn't want taken with us everyday. There are only three bathrooms to share among around 15 people and usually only one was working. My sister and I also got bed bugs and the next few days were pretty uncomfortable with the bites we got. The location was good but Florence is small, too.

It is good that this place is in such a brilliant location because I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend time in this hostel other than to sleep. As a means to en end on a budget, it serves it's purpose, but it is not a nice place by any means. Staff is really friendly.

The staff were amazing, very friendly and helpful all the time and try to make you feel at home. My main issue was worh security. Anyone can go in the rooms at any moment and the lockers are questionable. Cleanliness in general was average, not very clean but usable, after all it isnt a 5. Star hotel. Location is great! Right next to a metro and 5 min from the colosseum. Also it is not a good hostel for people that dont like noise, but if your not to picky i would reccomend it!

Very good hostel for the price, well located and comfortable. Also since it felt like an apartment which meant it had quite a good atmosphere.