Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

Couldn't lock our door. Bathrooms were wet and muddy on the floor. Staff were rude when we arrived.

Generally, it's ok. the bathroom is a bit dirty and not so looking good. the bed is ok. no lock in the bedroom. anybody can access the room.

We stayed at their alternative venue which is a 5 minute walk from their main building. The location was great, however the room inside was damp and smelly. The shower also barely drained the water within it which meant the bathroom was flooded every day. Clean linen was on the bed, and wifi was only available in the lounge room area. Not a horrible stay but definitely cheaper accommodation.

Really nice staff and its in the middle of the centre but there are BEDBUGS.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great value form money and I couldn't possibly complain at the staff. Hovewer, the few things that could point out was that there was no hot water in the shower for some reason during my stay and with people coming and leaving some people were leaving stuff behind by their beds.

super good staff and location! I love here because eveything is perfect! except a little bit hot at night^^ good wifi and commen eare, beautiful house inside^^

worest experience

There were not nearly enough lockers for everyone in the hostel. The beds are all piled into a room so there is not much room for anything. The staff was never really around, and it took them 2 days to get maps for us. Overall, I had a good time because of the people I met in the hostel and the time I spent with them, but the hostel itself was just a place to sleep.

It was terrible. It was only one night, but when we arrived, there was no receptionist there and the apartment was not so clean. We had to wait for more than half an hour for someone finally appears. The bedrooms were not comfortable also.

I wouldn't stay here just because security was not of quality standard and it could have been cleaner

The hostel is okay, don't have high expectations though! The kitchen is so disgusting and the bathrooms doesn't get cleaned very often. The rooms are so small and the beds are really close, the sheets were clean. The location on the other hand is really nice! Right in the center of the beautiful city!

The place is really nice, clean and close to the center. There you can rent a bike and go around the amazing walls and the castle in the middle of the city. Definitely I would go back to the place for sure!

• 24th Jul 2014

I went to Florence alone, but that was not a problem! Met many other who were also travelling by themselves. Great social area in the kitchen! The location couldn't be better. Nice staff as well! Would love to stay again.

Place is not great untidy, bathrooms dirty, power sockets never work and above noisey bars. If you want more then 3 hours sleep don't stay.

The location is good. The bathroom not v clean, prob cuz there's only 3 in the place. The room I stayed in was jam packed with beds, mine was a cot that wasn't long enough for me. This jackass came into the room late at 1am, eating crunchy chips loudly, taking flash photos of people in bed, talking loudly, walking around, etc etc. He eventually went to sleep in one of the cots WITH some other hostel guest chick, but not before waking everyone up. Apparently he is on the staff. Will never return.

거리가 좀 멀고, 집을 개조한듯한 호스텔풍경임. 약간 좁다는느낌을 받았고 시설이 대체적으로 평균 이하인듯함. 스텝은 친절하지만 영어를 잘 못함. 지금까지 다닌 호스텔과 비하면 안좋은쪽에 속함

our room was great, had a small kitchen.

Staff was very friendly. Only issue was we had to walk to another location 5-10 minutes away.

Nice kitchen/common area, and nice people. The fact that the staff is so absent on weekends is ridiculous and impractical, but that (and the onetime lack of toilet paper that resulted) was the only real issue. The staff is very nice when there, the location is good and the building is very cool!

A little disappointing to be honest. You have to pay extra for towels and the room we stayed was on the ground floor which made us feel uneasy having the window open during the night despite the heat. The location is good, easy walk into the centre of town. The staff were helpful.