Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

The hostel itself isn't that bad although it's common area is just a small kitchen and benches so it isn't all that social. The place is just an apartment with beds in rooms. The biggest problem was that there appeared to be long staying guests who felt they had some sort of sense of entitlement to the hostel, and would enter rooms they were not staying in and leave their stuff anywhere in the hostel. They weren't respectful and it made us quite uncomfortable to stay. The owner was quite nice.

So this hostel was in an excellent part of town. Near all the bars, cultural sites, and great places to eat. The bathrooms were limited and absolutely disgusting. There was a mixup and we stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm the first night. It was pretty loud, smelly, and scary. Once we were moved to a 4 room that locked and was all girls we were much happier. When we arrived we were pretty creeped out/worried. However it was not a bad place to crash and leave our luggage.

Female and male rooms, female okay the male dorm resembled a collection of dog beds pushed together. Staff are horrendous unwashed and fairly useless on most levels, ie; unable to provide entry keys for all guests. Kitchen okay as are bathrooms, think Tarantino movie esque hostel for the rest of it. Just avoid so many better places to spend the same amount of money.

Beds are very comfortable and very clean. Right next to good night life in Florence. Would stay here again!

Very clean. However, page said there would be luggage lockers and they only had a safe. Other than that it was very nice.

• 2nd Oct 2015

You get what you pay for. It is a bed, it is a good location, and I had a good time and made some friend! I would not stay here of season. The staff was nice, but things were done in a little bit weird way, not a typical hostel. It was not clean enough, that is the only thing that I want to complain about.

We had a really great time at this hostel mostly because of the people we met and the location. Really close to the bars, good neighborhood. Unfortunately, there are no lockers for you bags. The bathroom head showers were not holding and the bathrooms were quite dirty. The kitchen was a great spot to hang out but the table was always dirty. Above all it was still a good place to stay for the price.

• 30th Sep 2015

This was an interesting set up for a hostel. More apartment than hostel with beds laid out (think Annie's orphanage). Marchello, the resident guest was an awesome roommate! Everyone there was great, as well as the location. Just don't expect much in terms of amenities. My friend dreaded it, but I would come back! :)

The Hostel is good for one night,

Very good location, staff is amazing and the beds are comfy. Not the most spacious but it's at a great and hip and happening location.

The staff was lovely, but this place was not clean! More like a house which has been made into a hostel! Other back packers at the hostel were cool though, good social hostel. Make sure you arrange a time to check in as the staff are not always around. It's a good place if you are on a tight budget! No locks for your stuff, but otherwise ok security. I would have preferred camping than this place.

I booked a four bed form for 3 nights, when I arrived I was told I would have to spend the last night in a mixed 6 bed dorm - no prior notification of that. Not very clean (the bathrooms in particular) and the beds are crammed in, especially in the bigger Dirm. And it smelled of sewage!

I met some really nice people in the four-bed ladies dorm. The room felt like someone's home or an old-fashioned boarding house. Much better than most hostels I've been to. Amazing location. All the best sights within a 10-minute walk. Clean beds. Big window and balcony in my room. Great for travelers who like to keep their partying outside the hostel. Very relaxing place!

the hostel was in a central spot of the city, the bars and clubs are nearby. the kitchen is a great place to chat and get to know new people (also to cook), and Marcello and Alin will make you feel home. I really enjoyed my stay there!

The lockers fit my whole backpack which really put my mind at ease

The location was great and the staff was awesome, throughout the day you could actually see them cleaning and tidying the hostel. A soap container was out in one bathroom but that is all I could really complain about with this great location!

Great location.great staff, Marcello and Aline will ensure you are taken care of and not lonely.its a little home away from home.

This hostel was fine but it was really noisy because of the street's noises and the fact that we had to open the windows to sleep. There was no air condition. Moreover the responsible was not enough present, like for doing the check in.

it wasn't like a hostel but it was like a refugee camp.the only word to describe this hostel is DIRTY!!!my bed was very uncomfortable it was like from 1980's.the only good side was location.

We arrived late at this hostel and due to miscommunication (between staff and possibly us) we were unexpected. On waking up we had to wait for the hostel guy to wake up so that we could pay and leave. On top of this, the hostel is INCREDIBLY hard to find (as in we walked around for an hour and a half in Florence at 1am, asking strangers for directions). The only indication of the hostel is a tiny plaque beside the door buzzer. In saying this the hostel guy let us leave our packs there.

1 2 Next » last »