Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

I met some really nice people in the four-bed ladies dorm. The room felt like someone's home or an old-fashioned boarding house. Much better than most hostels I've been to. Amazing location. All the best sights within a 10-minute walk. Clean beds. Big window and balcony in my room. Great for travelers who like to keep their partying outside the hostel. Very relaxing place!

the hostel was in a central spot of the city, the bars and clubs are nearby. the kitchen is a great place to chat and get to know new people (also to cook), and Marcello and Alin will make you feel home. I really enjoyed my stay there!

The lockers fit my whole backpack which really put my mind at ease

The location was great and the staff was awesome, throughout the day you could actually see them cleaning and tidying the hostel. A soap container was out in one bathroom but that is all I could really complain about with this great location!

Great location.great staff, Marcello and Aline will ensure you are taken care of and not lonely.its a little home away from home.

This hostel was fine but it was really noisy because of the street's noises and the fact that we had to open the windows to sleep. There was no air condition. Moreover the responsible was not enough present, like for doing the check in.

it wasn't like a hostel but it was like a refugee camp.the only word to describe this hostel is DIRTY!!!my bed was very uncomfortable it was like from 1980's.the only good side was location.

We arrived late at this hostel and due to miscommunication (between staff and possibly us) we were unexpected. On waking up we had to wait for the hostel guy to wake up so that we could pay and leave. On top of this, the hostel is INCREDIBLY hard to find (as in we walked around for an hour and a half in Florence at 1am, asking strangers for directions). The only indication of the hostel is a tiny plaque beside the door buzzer. In saying this the hostel guy let us leave our packs there.

Overall, a really nice place to stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, room was large and had a fan, which was great in the hot weather. Big kitchen, well equipped and with a fridge to put your food in. Ideally located, within walking distance of most major tourist spots and only about 5 mins walk from the duomo! One downside was there was nowhere to store luggage safely. Also, it can get loud outside at night as it is a main road with restaurants. Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper!

So, unless you want to wait until 9pm to check in, then wait again for them to quickly clean your room and change the bed sheets then this isn't the place for you. Even though there was a kitchen it wasn't very clean and both fridges smelt vile. The beds are dangerous, one girl fell off one level onto our beds at 4am and were not comfortable at all. There is no aircon in the rooms making it impossible to sleep and there is rarely any toilet paper in the bathrooms. Over all we do not recommend

This place had a pretty good location in Florence, however it was difficult to find, the sign is almost non-existent. The place looks like a persons' inner city living space. It felt like a home, which was oddly nice, but also kind of off-putting and not what I expected.

Everyone you meet here is always a great time! Common area / kitchen makes it intimate and easy to meet others. No AC and just 1 fan for 6 people doesn't work very well. And there's construction happening on the street so at 8am you will be awaken by very loud hammer jacks and streets being destroyed! The host Tommy is nice and helpful, but the other 2 were not so friendly (especially the cleaning lady). Overall, I recommend this place to meet people and have a good time!

it was great. the staff were amazing but it's not the best place for meeting some people, i think.

Not really a hostel, more like an apartment converted into a guesthouse. Don't expect comfort and facilities you might expect from an actual hostel. Overall it was an OK place to stay at in terms of price, comfort, safety, etc. The major drawback of this place is how noisy the street is. There was no AC in the room and the fan was broken, so we had to keep the window open and there were drunk people screaming just outside the room all night. I didn't get much sleep there...

It was like a shock! When we arrived at the place, there are no people working there!!, only they come at time of check in and check out! There is only three bathrooms, for the whole hostel! So u can imagine how dirty they get, since there is no one cleaning! There was no fan in my room other rooms had one but still was too hot, the kitchen is too dirty I don't know how they cook in it! If come to check in in the weekend then ur going to wait for ages because they don't work their in the weekend

Had to cancel last minute was threatened to have to pay for the room anyway. Was a terrible experience.

This hostel is good, I enjoyed the people I met and it's a good enough place to sleep and eat. The facilities were not the best, could have been better for what I was paying but overall a good experience was had. Mainly the people I met made it what it was. The wifi only works in the common room and kitchen and there's no aircon or fans in the rooms so it gets quite hot, over all still a good place - pretty average but as a backpacker it's pretty good.

Host was very friendly and helpful. Good sized kitchen with fridge, stove, washing machine. Rooms were very hot, without any fans. Street right outside window was impossibly noisy, but I used earplugs, and was fine after that. Bathrooms (3) were spacious and clean. The best part was the location, with nothing more than 20mins away. Would recommend if planning to see the city on foot, and can deal with hot noisy conditions.

Great hostel, even better staff. Worth the value, and very close to everything you want to see in Florence

• 20th Jul 2015

Like others have mentioned this location has downsides. First it's extremely hot at night in these rooms, no fans of any kind are provided. There were four of us in a room with only one huge window to provide ventilation. It is also over a busy street, at night it's very loud!! The internet only works in the kitchen/lounge area. The staff are not that very helpful or available. I couldn't find any staff for over an hour because they were not in the hostel. It's okay for 1 night at most.