Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

you can meet other backpackers during your stay.

This was in a good location and had a pretty decent atmosphere. The staff was really nice and super helpful. It was definitely super hot though since they didn't have air conditioning. They also didn't have any large lockers, just small ones so that was a bit of a bummer. However, it was SUPER loud. Make sure to bring ear plugs since it's directly above a bunch of restaurants. If you want a place that's quiet, I wouldn't suggest this hostel. I'd probably go back though.

Location was centralized to everything but that was about the only thing going for this place. Really loud street below. Everything was pretty dirty. In the room we stayed in there were stairs going to a loft with a broken step on the bottom with a sharp metal bracket sticking up. I slipped on the step and sliced the back of my ankle which required 5 stitches. On recommendation from the doctor I asked to file a claim with there insurance in case there was a problem later. They had no insurance!!

I spent one horrible night here. They have cots, not real beds, and I was poked by springs all night. I could hardly sleep all night because my window led into the loudest party street I've ever heard in my life. I was even woken at 5:30 am by men yelling rocously and breaking glass bottles. There was only one working outlet for the three beds, which made charging anything difficult for all of us. I picked it for their laundry and the dryer was broken when I got there. I will never return.

Terrible hostel for our first time travelling . There was no locks on the door and no air con it was dirty and the bathroom was foul . The man at reception was creepy and the older man who lives there asked girls to sleep with him all throughout the night ! Was a bad experience !!!! Someone should report him

You cannot lock the door in your room but they have small safes so you can put only very important things in a safe and you have to leave your luggage in your room. Room was a bit dirty.

Recently stayed at this hostel for 2 nights. There is no reception and staff hard to find to ask questions/recommendations. Bedrooms very clean however only one PowerPoint in room which made it hard for everyone to charge cameras and phones. In great location close to shops and bars. No air conditioning and bathrooms were not too clean.

I had a great time staying at this hostel. Everyone was very nice. Was in a great location. Traffic was a bit noisy but you can't help that. I would definitely recommend to stay there

The Santa Croce is located above many bars/restaurants, which is great for food/drinks but at night this means it is incredibly loud. Ear plugs are a must! The sheets were clean but bathrooms/floors were not. Our room didn't lock so everyone could get in and there are not enough lockers for everyone. Curfew is at 11 but overheard staff yelling at a different group at 9:30 and kicked them out of the hostel. They photocopied our passports on arrival and would not return copies at end of stay.

Get what you paid for. Excellent location! They hadn't changed the sheets from the last person when I arrived but that was no big deal as it was sorted quickly. Should be s bit more clear about check in times as I said I'd arrive at 2pm and couldn't check in until 9pm on Saturdays. Overall it was ok.

Good location could walk everywhere. Noisy at night though. No air conditioning, and sheets were a little dirty, but staff was nice and kitchen was a good size.

Quite run down facilities. Very small hostel with good staff. Its also very loud because windows don't fully close. The hostel is located by many bars

there were no lockers for bags and we didn't get a key to our room to lock that. The street was so loud and quiet hours in the hostel weren't respected any of the nights we were there. Had to ask a big group of Americans to be quiet three times before they finally were at 3 am. The bathrooms weren't clean and there was never toilet paper. We couldn't leave our bags the next day so we couldn't go up in the duomo which we had already bought tickets for.

Overall everything is good, recommended when visiting florence.

Decent facilities, but overpriced for what you get. Good atmosphere, but no security in the rooms (lockers) and they could be cleaner by Italian standards. Great staff, and perfect location.

All the staff here are so friendly, place are comfortable, just abit noisy during at night because it's location right middle of the street. Anyway, is a good place to stay when came to Florence, easy to go around to reach all attraction place.

Laptop stolen. No staff present or showing up to assist.

I am sorry for that. Is not true that nobody assist you because two people went there and assist you. Lets say also that you had a security box wich you did'nt use and also that you left the laptop in one of the common bathrooms at night , went out to club and come back at 4 am . I am sorry but is not our fault. we can not control everybody every minute , you need to be a bit more responsable..

I loved how this hostel was smaller and more like a little community! There were locals staying there so it made the experience even better! Everyone played games and cooked together! It felt like more of a local experience! There were only 3 bathrooms for everyone but it was never a problem for me! If you like smaller, less touristy hostels I would definitely recommend staying here!

Really dirty and always missing staff...but still it offers a place to sleep, at least

Hostel was nice, comfy beds and bathroom was clean for the most part. Staff was also nice, although we couldn't find anyone when we were trying to check out. Location was perfect; really close to restaurants and bars!

• 9th May 2015