Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

It was worth it's money, close to the train station and in an ideal location. However when we had problems with the trains the hostel owner wasn't very helpful towards us. It's nice though, quaint. A nice hostel to stay in.

not really organized. Bed was kind of falling a part. Messed up on how much money was owed and kept adding little payments. Didnt have enaugh keys for everyone in the room. Had to complain to get own key. Lady working there was really nice tho..kinda felt bad for her.

Big thumbs up for letting me hangout till late in the evening after checkout. Make sure you pay attention to when you need to check in. There isn't someone there 24/7. Me and couple others tried checking in on Saturday, just to be stuck at the bottom of the front door. I think the best would be to email them when would be the best time to check in. The location is worth any and all effort.

The location was ideal. Walking distance to everything, includidng train station. However because it was centrally located, it was very very noisy at night. The windows dont provide a good barrier. The bed was confortable and had hot water for shower. Wi fi not good in the rooms.

Here you get an apartment to share with other travelers. Decent enough place, clean, reasonable location.

This hostel was great. No problems at all, and the staff was wonderful and super helpful. Definitely my first choice if i were to come back.

• 1st Jun 2014

Staff are amazing, and they speak really good English. Beds and rooms are very clean and comfortable. Lots of outlets, and the free wifi is pretty decent. Awesome place with lots of awesome people. If you're staying in Florence, I would totally recommend this place.

They present the hostel as moder and cool with a nice atmosphere, but in reality it is another thing, the "lobby" is a couch with a table , the rooms where not ready even doth we arrived at 4pm and the kitchen was nasty. Plus all of this the price is over the top. Very expensive for what they give and even doth the location may seam pretty good the notice in the rooms is terrible. I hated the hostel and I really recommend hosteworld to check that what they announce on their website is true.

The large dorm rooms do not have lockable doors. A couple of the 'private' rooms have an open area at the top of the adjoining wall, so any noise or conversation can be clearly heard on either side. The kitchen has no dish rack or towels, so wet dishes pile up on the counter. There was no dish soap for most of my stay. The washing machine for the sheets, etc is in the kitchen, and always seems to be going, day and night, and is extremely loud, making it difficult to talk or relax while eating.

the staff is super friendly, and there is a big kitchen where you can just cook or hang out with your fellow travellers ! the location couldnt be better too.

There was a lake middle of the bathroom. it was dirty at all. There was no stuff at apartment. 'apartment' !!

Judging strictly from the ratings this hostel may seem really bad, but I had a great time at the hostel! It wasn't clean but the kitchen was great for hanging out and I met so many people. Additionally some of the staff members are great

Staff were friendly and it was a comfortable stay. It's kind of a weird old building, and I had a problem where someone had broken a key off in the door lock, but the staff got it sorted out quickly. I had a nice time--perfectly good no-frills hostel.

It's not an ordinary hostel, more a flat with dorms :) but really good located; nice people; cute kitchen....we enjoyed our short stay!

• 8th May 2014

I definitelly recomend to stay in this hostel when in Florence. Location is just perfect, the interior very nice, authentic and clean and stuff nice and happy to help with anything. A good choice! )

• 4th May 2014
  • Slovakia

Great staying at Tourist House Santa Croce, great staff and very well located!...

• 2nd May 2014
  • Mexico

Not the prettiest, shiniest hostel you'll ever experience, but it really came to feel like home while we were staying here. The girl working here that we interacted with the most was super super helpful and really sweet. Plus, the location couldn't have been better - close to duomo, museums, churches, shopping, restaurants, cafés, and the river. Definitely would stay here again!!

• 1st May 2014

My stay was great! Thanks to Surin (Sorry if I didn't get your name correctly) who warmy welcomed me when I arrived. C",)

no toilet paper and no key

Please never book this hostel. It's total waste of money. It's highly overpriced too with no facilities. The room are too small. I would never recommend this to anyone. I don't know how can they charge so much for such an average and not-so-good room. The location is also not the same what they've mentioned (less than 1 kilometer from City Center) on the website. Overall, not a wise choice to choose this hostel for your stay in Florence.