Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

The kitchen has everything and the staff is so nice. It's super close to all the main attractions and super cozy. All the people staying there are really nice. I only spent a night there but still I wish I had chose that as my first option! Super nice little hostel to have a nice time in Florence! I recommend it.

Overall it was a good place to stay and a great location to be at. The street the hostel is on is pretty quiet during the day, but on weekends it can get pretty noisy for those trying to sleep. The bathrooms were a little dated but mostly clean, or as clean as shared bathrooms get. The wifi was pretty fast but for us it only worked in the common area and not at all in our room. In summary, would I stay there again? Yes.

If you need a place for a night, decently good area, not too much money, then this will be great. Staff was a bit rude, and due to unmarked (no notice online or anything, via hostelworld) holidays, they didn't allow check in for about 8 hours later than expected.. Odd room layout, and kind of old blankets, but not horrible.

Nice hostel, great value

There were no towels and the shower was pretty shitty. always underwater and the water release out of the tub was very poor. overall: not good, but not too bad either.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The room was not good, no ventilation, humidity and very unclean place. Honestly pictures seem from another hotel. Good service from the staff but honestly terrible place. Not worthy of calling a Hostel.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Santa Croce is a good spot to go to discover the city and meet some people. The kitchen is a good point! The guy working there is really nice!

• 18th Sep 2014

the room is dimly lit. no direct sunlight as we are on the ground floor and there are 3 floors above us. good location as we can a bus just 5 mins walk and also quite a lot of restaurants to choose.

Couldn't lock our door. Bathrooms were wet and muddy on the floor. Staff were rude when we arrived.

Generally, it's ok. the bathroom is a bit dirty and not so looking good. the bed is ok. no lock in the bedroom. anybody can access the room.

We stayed at their alternative venue which is a 5 minute walk from their main building. The location was great, however the room inside was damp and smelly. The shower also barely drained the water within it which meant the bathroom was flooded every day. Clean linen was on the bed, and wifi was only available in the lounge room area. Not a horrible stay but definitely cheaper accommodation.

Really nice staff and its in the middle of the centre but there are BEDBUGS.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great value form money and I couldn't possibly complain at the staff. Hovewer, the few things that could point out was that there was no hot water in the shower for some reason during my stay and with people coming and leaving some people were leaving stuff behind by their beds.

super good staff and location! I love here because eveything is perfect! except a little bit hot at night^^ good wifi and commen eare, beautiful house inside^^

worest experience