Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

The room was very dirty, floor under the bed was full with balls of hair and dust. The bathroom was not clean. The toilet was not clean. Dust everywhere on the furniture. I had to clean the table and chairs myself so we can use them. Coffee maker had some floating stuff- not usable. In general-very bad experience, disgusting place.

Well located, with a usable kitchen and Wi-Fi that worked in the kitchen (which doubled as the common area), this place had everything that I needed. In terms of cleanliness, it could have been a bit better. There was a half bath in my dorm which looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in ages. But for the price, in Florence, it was decent. As a solo traveler, I think you would meet people easily. One other thing though, it is a bit loud because of the bars across the street, so bring earplugs.

It was clean and good location but if it weren't for the people staying at the hostel at that time I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much. Staff was rude and horrible.

I understand, but... what about you? is it nice to scream and yell after middnight in the hallways ,, when other people want to sleep? sorry but alcohol and lack of education is not a good combination.

We stayed in room located 3 blocks from the actuall hostel - this was in fact an advantade, since there were 3 rooms in a flat. But it lacked kitchen etc. On the whole - good value for the money spent.

Location is perfect, right in the city centre, 10 minutes walking from all the major attractions. Perfect also for the nightlife, as it's close to all the clubs and pubs full of tourist from all over the world. The price is also very good, you won't find something like this in Florence. There are of course some negative aspects: lot of noise from the street from the early morning and the bathroom not so clean, due to many people sharing it, but I've seen worse.Recommended for groups of friend.

this hostel had a great location and the staff was really friendly when they were around. the kitchen was always super disgusting and there was a broken cup left in the sink that I cut my hand on, the bathrooms needed to be cleaned more often and more thoroughly. We wanted a safe to put our stuff in but they didn't have the key or the code until the next day so we just decided we didn't want to pay to have it for one day. overall the location and price were good but it was really dirty.

it is not in the center of florence beware!!! we had to walk up with our backpacks 1km

We loved our stay at this hostel! Instead of the booked 3 beds in a 6 bed dorm we were given a 3 bed private room with tv and fridge for the same price, which was great to have! The staff was incredibly relaxed and very helpful, and our stay couldn't have been easier. Would definitely come back!

My stay at this hostel was definitely one to remember. It wasn't set up like a normal hostel but instead had a house party vibe where other fellow travelers were the staff. The chill atmosphere was nice to relax in, but it made for a messier environment. As a side note reminder: review the check in policies for the weekend. I had to buzz people into the building because people didn't check the fine print.

The hostel is right in the city.Busy area, bit loud at night. Nice restaurants, everything close by and easy to reach. The rooms are charming, but the shared bathrooms always occupied in the morning. Worth it to stay a couple of days. The staff is okay...but where the hell are they? No one is there to ask something...we couldn't leave our bags, because we couldn't find anyone. We stored our bags at the train station...

• 21st Apr 2015

I am sorry about this BUT the night before you say you want to stay one more night and we reserve the beds for one more night. At 9 am you where gone allready

Hostell was great!

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Finland

There are 3-4 staff in this hostel, which means they should've be helpful to get some information, but it was not. When I asked something they just did google and show it. That's enough The kitchen was the worst I've ever had. Lot's of oil or some food still on a plate, fork and spoon. If I turn back time , I will never choose it. Here are good thing, location, 3bathroom small personal locker. This is it.

Too expensive for what it is.

Great atmosphere! Made lots of friends here and the staff made it so I very much so enjoyed my stay. We would absolutely go again

I had a nice stay in this hostel. It's a bit difficult to find but it's worth it. I had a cute room with a deck! Overall, it was clean. I recommand it.

By far the best hostel I have stayed in !! Warm , welcoming and in the best location !! I would recommend this to anyone ! I will most certainly be back again !

• 14th Apr 2015

Great location and really nice staff.

The wifi only worked in the lobby. It took us a while to find the hostel since it looks like any other door in the street, we kept passing it until some local helped us. It was a sketchy hostel but it was livable and was in a great area. You can hear whoever is in the other room and there is only 2 showers in the whole place. But had a great time :)

Great hostel. It was clean and the staff were helpful. It is in a good location, about a 10 minute walk from the duomo.

it's not that horrible as the previews review said.it's cheap and convenient.