Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

There are 3-4 staff in this hostel, which means they should've be helpful to get some information, but it was not. When I asked something they just did google and show it. That's enough The kitchen was the worst I've ever had. Lot's of oil or some food still on a plate, fork and spoon. If I turn back time , I will never choose it. Here are good thing, location, 3bathroom small personal locker. This is it.

Too expensive for what it is.

Great atmosphere! Made lots of friends here and the staff made it so I very much so enjoyed my stay. We would absolutely go again

I had a nice stay in this hostel. It's a bit difficult to find but it's worth it. I had a cute room with a deck! Overall, it was clean. I recommand it.

By far the best hostel I have stayed in !! Warm , welcoming and in the best location !! I would recommend this to anyone ! I will most certainly be back again !

• 14th Apr 2015

Great location and really nice staff.

The wifi only worked in the lobby. It took us a while to find the hostel since it looks like any other door in the street, we kept passing it until some local helped us. It was a sketchy hostel but it was livable and was in a great area. You can hear whoever is in the other room and there is only 2 showers in the whole place. But had a great time :)

Great hostel. It was clean and the staff were helpful. It is in a good location, about a 10 minute walk from the duomo.

it's not that horrible as the previews review said.it's cheap and convenient.

I stayed here just for one night and for the price, it was decent. Clean but small bathroom, friendly and understanding staff when I was late. A little hard to find but if you have a map on your phone you should be good. WiFi was very spotty in the room but I was only there for a night and you're out exploring so I didn't mind too much. Overall, good if you're staying for one or two nights.

• 27th Mar 2015

This was a great hostel in terms of location, cleanliness, and price. However, I can't tell you how many confused people we let in (as guests) Friday and Saturday because they hadn't carefully read the check-in policy. From Friday afternoon to Saturday evening, THERE IS NO ONE THERE TO CHECK YOU IN. Just to make that crystal clear!! Fortunately, my friend and I were aware of this absurd policy so there were no issues for us. Except that there were no towels. Not even for rent it seemed.

Really good hostel to stay few days. Enough facilities. Great location.

Great staff, helped, organized, cleaned, was lively. Apartment is really nice and cozy. Showers and kitchen are in very good condition. Sometimes there is no soap in the toilet, which is corrected immediately. Thanks, enjoy Florence!

It was pretty dirty all over, but extremely cheap and perfect for one night.

The staff was never there, didn't provide any help whatsover. The bathrooms weren't as clean as one would hope. It was really confortable being alone, but if felt unsafe. The location is excellent, I could go in and out since it was close to almost every attraction.

Good location. There is kitchen. But expensive

The woman working at the hostel told us that we were going to stay at a different building a few blocks from the one we thought. Thank God that happened because we were told by a guy that there were flees on the beds (he had a rush so it was true).

I was not pleased with this hostel at all. Minor details that I was disappointed with were the smell of the place and how dark it was. I have stayed at plenty of hostels and this was the least interactive and social. I found the facilities to be, or at least seem, a little dirtier than I was comfortable with, and the staff was no where to be found for the majority of my stay. On a positive note, I was able to stay in a four person bedroom for a low cost, and this made my stay bearable.

Negatives: After making the booking I received an email saying I had to arrive before 6pm otherwise I couldn't get into the room. The bed was uncomfortable and uneven. The toilet water constantly leaked onto the floor. No Internet inside the room. Just in the foyer. Positives: it's right next door to some great drinking places. We didnt pay that much for the weekend so we got what we paid for.

Great place! I love the experience of the house, the concept of not having any staff around makes you really feel like you and all the others are really guest in someones house. Yo can meet a lot of people and the whole idea of a more relax place works perfectly with the vibe in the city! I highly recomend this place for a different travellers experience!