Tourist House Santa Croce Reviews

via Ghibellina 95, Florence, Italy

The place was very dirty and for it didn't worth it's money (26 per night!) at all! The only advantage is that it is in the center but it was horrible and disgusting

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Greece

The hostel is in what would normally be an apartment. None of the bedrooms lock and the lockers they provide were too small to put bags in so we had to bring our passports and everything else we didn't want taken with us everyday. There are only three bathrooms to share among around 15 people and usually only one was working. My sister and I also got bed bugs and the next few days were pretty uncomfortable with the bites we got. The location was good but Florence is small, too.

It is good that this place is in such a brilliant location because I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend time in this hostel other than to sleep. As a means to en end on a budget, it serves it's purpose, but it is not a nice place by any means. Staff is really friendly.

The staff were amazing, very friendly and helpful all the time and try to make you feel at home. My main issue was worh security. Anyone can go in the rooms at any moment and the lockers are questionable. Cleanliness in general was average, not very clean but usable, after all it isnt a 5. Star hotel. Location is great! Right next to a metro and 5 min from the colosseum. Also it is not a good hostel for people that dont like noise, but if your not to picky i would reccomend it!

Very good hostel for the price, well located and comfortable. Also since it felt like an apartment which meant it had quite a good atmosphere.

Very disappointed with this place. Location is good and there were some nice people who were there, but some turned up and left. We couldn't use the showers as they were filthy, the kitchen was filthy and very poorly equipped, we were given a dirty duvet, which they did change once I complained. We were told they tend to cater to young crowd, know it's not in great condition but that we were older/more standards - I'm 36 and was shocked at the ageism...also it was NOT 24 hr reception at all.

• 12th Mar 2014

The hostel staff is very friendly, but the bathrooms were full of various problems (for instance, when you flushed the toilet, the cistern mounted on the wall would spray water at you), as was the kitchen. The gas stove wouldn't work without a lighter; the management promised to give us one every day of my 4-day stay in Florence-- and never gave us one. The rooms also had no locks whatsoever-- which didn't bother me, but might bother some. Also: be aware of city taxes when you pay for your stay!

• 12th Mar 2014

This place is more of a big apartment then a hostel building. This leads to the atmosphere being a lot different then usual youth hostels - more familiar, I would say. We booked a 6 person dorm and were given a 2-bed private with a street terrace for free, which is of course more than nice. The facilities are clean and there is a great kitchen. The location on Piazza Santa Croce is top, everything is reachable in 10 min walk. All in all the stay was very pleasant.

I dont recommand this hostel for people who like to feel confortable. Ratio money/value is terrible!!! Cold rooms, not hot shower.... Book another hostel or hotel !!

1 2 3 Next » last »