Tower Bridge Backpackers Reviews

Oceano Antartico No. 01, Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Great atmosphere, we imediately felt welcome and at ease there. The hostel is clean, has good facilities and actually is the way it appears on the photos! I highly recommend the place if you are interested in meeting other backpackers, as many activities and common facilities foster interactions with the other guests. Friendly and flexible staff.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

I stayed in the girls dorm at tower bridge backpackers for a week and loved it! It has a great bar, pool and hammocks where people chilled out with a beer and socialized, the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The girls dorm was clean and comfortable, and we had enough fans to cool us from the Puerto summer heat! The hostel is a 10 minute walk from the beach, and you can get into the centre of town for a 30peso cab ride. All in all a great stay!

• 2nd Aug 2014

i stayed here for 2 weeks and had so much fun, the staff are super friendly, laid back and always having a great time with the guests. There is a pool, bar, kitchen, and plenty of room to hang out. a great place to stay for such a small price.

• 27th Jul 2014

When I arrived in the morning from the bus station by taxi i was pretty Skeptical about the location was ready to have the taxi take me to a beach hostel but the security man Aaron convinced me to come and take a look around stayed one night and ended up staying for the week the bar tender and the front desk girls are amazing I would recommend Tower Bridge to all my Central and South American friend i meet along my travels. When I arrived in the morning from the bus station by taxi i was pretty

Came to Tower Bridge because the price looked great when I arrived the hostel was very clean and friendly the staff will go out of their way to help you with all most anything within reason. There is a bar and it generates a great atmosphere to meet and greet the drinks are economical defiantly the best hostel I have stayed at yet.

Steve and his team are very welcoming- great hostel atmosphere. Loved our time in Puerto!!!

Room was on a slant downwards, hostel is located in the middle of nowhere - you must walk far to get anywhere

Great hostel, would definitely recommend! Friendly and helpful staff, cool bar. Try the Sugar Special and the Puerto Sunshine!

Staff is great. Good value for money, but bit old place.

Wonderful paradisiac place with great atmosphere and interesting people! Big recommendation!!!

The hostel has great staff and great atmosphere. Private rooms are good value. It's located a short sweaty hike from the beach in a very peaceful area of town.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Finland

I was disappointed with my one night stay at Tower Bridge. We booked a private room and when we arrived we were taken to a room with a queen size mattress thrown on the floor with no sheets and lumpy pillows. The floors were sticky, the room smelled of mold and the mattress was so old I could feel the springs. The staff was helpful and gave us suggestions the next morning of places to have breakfast however when we checked out we could not find anyone to give our keys to.

• 18th Jun 2014

It was a very chilled laid back hostel, with a good bar and lovely staff however we found the showers weren't very good and it was abit far from Puerto Escondido town by playa Zicatela, however it was close to a gorgeous beach playa caratillo!

Had a great time! Would love to come back!

Great party place

Wooooow! What an amazing place! The location is great! A ten minute walk to the beach and ten minute walk to the local market! The staff were amazing made sure I felt welcomed and gave me the inside scoop on what to do in puerto!!! Awesome kitchen with all the necessities- big pool- and hammocks in the shade! Exactly what a hostel in Mexico should be like! And cheap drinks at the bar!!! Win!

• 1st Jun 2014

Lovely place.. very good value for money. Staff are lax but it sums up the good relaxing feel you get for this place and what you want from a beach stay..... The owner is a bit of a chopper though

The most beautiful hostel I've ever stayed in. People there were great, very chill spot, very close to the beach. Just an awesome place to spend time. Simply AMAZING!

• 24th May 2014

What a place!!! Great atmosphere with staff being more like friends and not actual staff. Bar is great and spinning the wheel of fun can start to an epic night. Staff know all about the local bars and clubs. Cool place to meet like -minded people. Short 10 minute walk to a beautiful beach, great for swimming and learning to surf, with awesome cafes near. Rooms are big and comfortable with safety lockers for everyone, fans are also available for use. Kitchen, pool, BBQ area, pool table and more

Tower Bridge was awesome. The staff were friendly and welcoming from as soon as you walk through the door. It's in a great spot close to swimming beaches and a short taxi from the main surfing beaches. Most important was the great atmosphere and wheel at the Beatles Bar. We would definitely stay there again.

View all Puerto Escondido Hostels