Tower Bridge Backpackers Reviews

Oceano Antartico No. 01, Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Great hostel, I've stayed at most of the hostels in puerto. Now I always come here. The bar is loads of fun, volleyball in the pool, pool table, always a fun crowd. It's the place to go if u want to meet people and have a good time. Also it's near the central market and lots of inexpensive places to eat unlike the zicatela hostels

• 16th Oct 2014

It was my second time at Tower Bridge and I can say that I truly love that place! Both times, semana santa 2013 and October 2014, the hostel had such laid back fun vibe that invites you to get stuck (beware). There's everything you need inside the hostel walls; a big kitchen, nice swimming pool, couch area to chill in, lots of hammocks and obviously a bar that unites people every night through the crazy game of Wheel of Fortune. Recommended for relaxed backpackers who want to have fun!

I was planning on staying at tower bridge for two nights, but absolutely loved the place and the staff so much that I had to stay for a week! Had an awesome time staying in the girls dorm, not a sight of any unwelcomed guests! Thank you for all the advice on what to do in Puerto and for all the fabulous nights we spent at the bar spinning the wheel and just chatting the night away! Would absolutely recommend this place!

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Finland

BED BUG INFESTED!! I booked for three nights and moved out after two when I realised the place was infested with bed bugs. The pool was green and it smells like wet dog. When I saw the place I thought I'd tough it out but really I should of run the other way... This place need a massive revamp. Look up One Love or El Lugar for a comfortable stay.

When the above issue was brought to the staff, we immediately inspected the entire complex and bugs were only found in the above guest's bed. To prevent any further spread, the entire complex was fumigated. Due to the rainy season and tropical storms, many leaves and some debris makes it's way to the pool. Our pool is cleaned daily by a qualified pool technician. We encourage all future guests to approach us with any concerns, so we can make your stay as comfortable as possible.

So sad to leave! Within a couple of hours of arriving we were in the pool playing volleyball, drinking beer and mezcal and having the time of our lives! The staff are so friendly, especially crazy Steve and barman Colin who is guaranteed to get you pissed and stripped before midnight (wheel of fortune- a lethal game!). Our friends recommended this hostel to us and we were not dissapointed; an amazing 5 days in a great location. Love the English Girls (x5)!

• 22nd Aug 2014

I have booked 3 nights in the Tower Bridge Hostel, but when we arrived with two more friends, and saw how great it was, we knew inmidiatelly we wanted to stay for at least a week. The facilities were great and the atmospheare incredible. The main market and the beach are closer too. Steve the owner and all the staff are super nice and super fun. I trully recomend anybody who is looking for a great time, to come here. PD: Do not leave before you play at the spining wheel at least once.

Had an awesome time at Tower Bridge Hostel definitely recommend this place to other travellers. Super cheap, everyone is really friendly especially the Barman Colin and the owner Steve. Thanks for a great stay

Great atmosphere, we imediately felt welcome and at ease there. The hostel is clean, has good facilities and actually is the way it appears on the photos! I highly recommend the place if you are interested in meeting other backpackers, as many activities and common facilities foster interactions with the other guests. Friendly and flexible staff.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

I stayed in the girls dorm at tower bridge backpackers for a week and loved it! It has a great bar, pool and hammocks where people chilled out with a beer and socialized, the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The girls dorm was clean and comfortable, and we had enough fans to cool us from the Puerto summer heat! The hostel is a 10 minute walk from the beach, and you can get into the centre of town for a 30peso cab ride. All in all a great stay!

• 2nd Aug 2014

i stayed here for 2 weeks and had so much fun, the staff are super friendly, laid back and always having a great time with the guests. There is a pool, bar, kitchen, and plenty of room to hang out. a great place to stay for such a small price.

• 27th Jul 2014

When I arrived in the morning from the bus station by taxi i was pretty Skeptical about the location was ready to have the taxi take me to a beach hostel but the security man Aaron convinced me to come and take a look around stayed one night and ended up staying for the week the bar tender and the front desk girls are amazing I would recommend Tower Bridge to all my Central and South American friend i meet along my travels. When I arrived in the morning from the bus station by taxi i was pretty

Came to Tower Bridge because the price looked great when I arrived the hostel was very clean and friendly the staff will go out of their way to help you with all most anything within reason. There is a bar and it generates a great atmosphere to meet and greet the drinks are economical defiantly the best hostel I have stayed at yet.

Steve and his team are very welcoming- great hostel atmosphere. Loved our time in Puerto!!!

Room was on a slant downwards, hostel is located in the middle of nowhere - you must walk far to get anywhere

Great hostel, would definitely recommend! Friendly and helpful staff, cool bar. Try the Sugar Special and the Puerto Sunshine!

Staff is great. Good value for money, but bit old place.

Wonderful paradisiac place with great atmosphere and interesting people! Big recommendation!!!

The hostel has great staff and great atmosphere. Private rooms are good value. It's located a short sweaty hike from the beach in a very peaceful area of town.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Finland

I was disappointed with my one night stay at Tower Bridge. We booked a private room and when we arrived we were taken to a room with a queen size mattress thrown on the floor with no sheets and lumpy pillows. The floors were sticky, the room smelled of mold and the mattress was so old I could feel the springs. The staff was helpful and gave us suggestions the next morning of places to have breakfast however when we checked out we could not find anyone to give our keys to.

• 18th Jun 2014

It was a very chilled laid back hostel, with a good bar and lovely staff however we found the showers weren't very good and it was abit far from Puerto Escondido town by playa Zicatela, however it was close to a gorgeous beach playa caratillo!

View all Puerto Escondido Hostels