Tower Bridge Backpackers Reviews

Oceano Antartico No. 01, Puerto Escondido, Mexico

very nice facilities (with palms, pool and everything made of wood)

What a great stay with nice people and very friendly staff! Perfect mixture of entertainment and chillout. I will definitely come back.

This place is like a paradisiac hostel in the middle of a tropical garden. Palmtrees, hammocks, lovely pool and lots of fun at the bar at night! Staff are absolutely awesome and always happy to help. Definitely a big recommendation!

Great vibe and excellent staff. I think they were in the process of cleaning the place up. However i could not give a better review as the bathrooms were terrible and often dirty. Also the hostel is like 15minutes walk from the beaches. Definitely fun and friendly though!

This place is suited for young travellers looking to party-it's the cliche place for lots of drinking games and dudes playing Hey Jude on the guitar. There's cockroaches in the kitchen and free towels that smell of wet dog. If you want to take shots of a random guys crotch then this is the place for you-If you're over the 'freshers week' travelling vibe I'd look somewhere else. The staff are really really lovely and the pool is a welcome addition when it's crazy hot and the water breaks down!

We appreciate your comments about our motivated staff. We work really hard to assure that our guests enjoy their stay. When it comes to the drinking games, the crowd at the bar determines the atmosphere and invents the rules. No one is ever forced to join in and there are plenty of other chill out spaces to enjoy a beer. The occasional water break downs are a problem in the whole city, which unfortunately we cannot control.

This hostel I amazing for meeting new people and having a great time. Admittedly, it's not the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in, but it's a beach town and definitely has a no shower, everyday in a bikini kind of vibe. Honestly, you'll love it here. The staff is lovely, it's close to one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been to, and you're guaranteed to have a good time, even if you just stay in to spin the wheel! Loved it and will be back!!

• 4th Nov 2014

Absolutely loved my stay at the Tower Bridge.. was supposed to stay for 3 days and ended up here for 10.. and this is the case for most people! The atmosphere here is great thanks to the staff who get everyone involved and give the place a real welcoming vibe.. There is always things going on at the Tower Bridge and the staff are really helpful with what to do around the town. The hostel itself is a beautiful setting with plenty of hammocks and of course the pool!

• 2nd Nov 2014

This was the best hostel we have stayed in so far! It was a party hostel sure, but if thats what you like then we couldnt recommend it any more! Amazing staff, including the receptionists, bar staff and lovely owners who make you feel at home away from home, its the only place we'd stay if visiting Puerto again!! Some people said it was too far away from the main beach, but after checking out other hostels all returned as none of them compared to the fun andlivelyatmosphereofTowerBridge.

• 28th Oct 2014

Great hostel, I've stayed at most of the hostels in puerto. Now I always come here. The bar is loads of fun, volleyball in the pool, pool table, always a fun crowd. It's the place to go if u want to meet people and have a good time. Also it's near the central market and lots of inexpensive places to eat unlike the zicatela hostels

• 16th Oct 2014

It was my second time at Tower Bridge and I can say that I truly love that place! Both times, semana santa 2013 and October 2014, the hostel had such laid back fun vibe that invites you to get stuck (beware). There's everything you need inside the hostel walls; a big kitchen, nice swimming pool, couch area to chill in, lots of hammocks and obviously a bar that unites people every night through the crazy game of Wheel of Fortune. Recommended for relaxed backpackers who want to have fun!

I was planning on staying at tower bridge for two nights, but absolutely loved the place and the staff so much that I had to stay for a week! Had an awesome time staying in the girls dorm, not a sight of any unwelcomed guests! Thank you for all the advice on what to do in Puerto and for all the fabulous nights we spent at the bar spinning the wheel and just chatting the night away! Would absolutely recommend this place!

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Finland

Great place! Staff are the best do well to make sure you are comfortable and get the party started well. wifi is good supermarket close by. sound kitchen. Let the naked pool volleyball begin!

So sad to leave! Within a couple of hours of arriving we were in the pool playing volleyball, drinking beer and mezcal and having the time of our lives! The staff are so friendly, especially crazy Steve and barman Colin who is guaranteed to get you pissed and stripped before midnight (wheel of fortune- a lethal game!). Our friends recommended this hostel to us and we were not dissapointed; an amazing 5 days in a great location. Love the English Girls (x5)!

• 22nd Aug 2014

I have booked 3 nights in the Tower Bridge Hostel, but when we arrived with two more friends, and saw how great it was, we knew inmidiatelly we wanted to stay for at least a week. The facilities were great and the atmospheare incredible. The main market and the beach are closer too. Steve the owner and all the staff are super nice and super fun. I trully recomend anybody who is looking for a great time, to come here. PD: Do not leave before you play at the spining wheel at least once.

Had an awesome time at Tower Bridge Hostel definitely recommend this place to other travellers. Super cheap, everyone is really friendly especially the Barman Colin and the owner Steve. Thanks for a great stay

Great atmosphere, we imediately felt welcome and at ease there. The hostel is clean, has good facilities and actually is the way it appears on the photos! I highly recommend the place if you are interested in meeting other backpackers, as many activities and common facilities foster interactions with the other guests. Friendly and flexible staff.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

I stayed in the girls dorm at tower bridge backpackers for a week and loved it! It has a great bar, pool and hammocks where people chilled out with a beer and socialized, the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The girls dorm was clean and comfortable, and we had enough fans to cool us from the Puerto summer heat! The hostel is a 10 minute walk from the beach, and you can get into the centre of town for a 30peso cab ride. All in all a great stay!

• 2nd Aug 2014

i stayed here for 2 weeks and had so much fun, the staff are super friendly, laid back and always having a great time with the guests. There is a pool, bar, kitchen, and plenty of room to hang out. a great place to stay for such a small price.

• 27th Jul 2014

When I arrived in the morning from the bus station by taxi i was pretty Skeptical about the location was ready to have the taxi take me to a beach hostel but the security man Aaron convinced me to come and take a look around stayed one night and ended up staying for the week the bar tender and the front desk girls are amazing I would recommend Tower Bridge to all my Central and South American friend i meet along my travels. When I arrived in the morning from the bus station by taxi i was pretty

Came to Tower Bridge because the price looked great when I arrived the hostel was very clean and friendly the staff will go out of their way to help you with all most anything within reason. There is a bar and it generates a great atmosphere to meet and greet the drinks are economical defiantly the best hostel I have stayed at yet.

View all Puerto Escondido Hostels