Tower Bridge Backpackers Reviews

Oceano Antartico No. 01, Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Great place and excellent people!

I liked the 'party hostel' vibe in this quaint beach town. It was just the amount of excitement I was looking for. What really made my trip, though, was the privacy of the loft room that I had. This private room was an escape from the noise and excitement of all the other hostel-goers, and I loved having an eagle's nest space all to myself for the price that I paid. Overall, a fun and diverse experience. Would recommend.

Wasn't what I was expecting at all. Staff very friendly. But the private single room may as well be in the dorm which was right outside. You could hear everything, the room smelt and the only way you could lock it was by a padlock on the outside! Toilet door didn't close/lock properly, I had to keep it shut with my leg. There are much nicer places you can stay in Puerto.

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate that always. We would like to do better! If you told us during your stay we'd fix the issues right away and had provided you with another room. Staff very friendly = 60%? Sorry, we cannot understand this rating at all. Best, Tower Bridge Hostel

I loved staying here! This was my first time staying in a hostel and Tower Bridge set a high bar. The people who stayed and work here were all so kind and fun. The bar is also a great alternative to going 'downtown' for drinks or hanging out!

• 15th Jan 2016

Thanks to the staff at Tower Bridge! *AKA Myriam, Katie, Tavi, Megan, Colin. Don't come to sleep, come to party. Take yourself off the beaten and explore a true beach side lifestyle. P.S. try the Mango colada, put your mouth on a dirty mother and then pass out in a hammock. Cheers

I had a brilliant stay at the Tower Bridge Hostel. The atmosphere is very invating, relaxing and chilling. I could stretch out with a cold drink next to the pool which is surrounding by palm trees, and have interesting talks with the great people who stay here. The staff is excellent and very friendly, always there with support. Dorm room is nice, and they are even improving it. Bar is perfect for fun talks and cocktails. I have never stayed at a hostel like this before!

A great Hostel, it is a littel Paradise, it was my first Trip in Mexico. Really nice Staff!!! Helpfull and so lovely people!!!! Ill come back in this hostel

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Austria

I really enjoyed this hostel. I've never had a private room at a hostel with a living room. When we arrived I was able to get a cold beer from the bar and immediately relaxed. The pool was great, a nice place to take a cold dip during the hottest part of the day. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the bar in the evening, and the bartenders had all the info you might need for getting around town. All in all a great place to stay if you're looking to kick back, relax, and meet good people.

I lovvvvedd this hostel, such a good place. Has that special type of vibe you want when travelling solo. The staff are super helpful and make the place what it is :D wooo towerbridge!

It wasn't clean nor the staff was helpfull. It's far from everything. The only nice thing is that there's a Quesadilla place just outside with good food and prices.

Sorry we could not meet your expectations! In the high season the place was highly frequented and we had a lot of party going on. We have just recently exchanged the staff completely. In our bistro we serve several meals now every day, and with our bicycles you can go everywhere easily. All the best!

The place to be in Pto Escondido to have fun 👍 Thanks Inge & Erik for being such great hosts! M, Cologne, Germany

Not so clean, far away from the beach, staff not helpfull and most of them didn't even speak spanish.

I loved the building, the bar inside and the pool with the hamacas are very cool to chill and read a book, and also the owners are really nice and relax. The only thing I didn't like is that the girls dorm is always open, so anyone can enter there and you dont feel that safe.

it was very cute and i loved the atmosphere. I wish it was not that far from the beach. I would have appreciate if there was a to lock the door from inside from the suite upstair. Sometime they forgot to take the garbage out. But overall, the staff was very friendly and kept the space very vibrant.

• 28th Dec 2015

This definitely seemed like a young traveller party hostel, so if that's your thing, this is a good place for you. It wasn't a great fit for our group.

It is an amazing place to spend the day and meet amazing people, totally recommended

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

Awesome fun party hostel, owners are really nice, Colin the bartender is a legend and great fun, great pool and chill out area with hammocks and swinging chaors. A short 10-15min walk to carazilillo beach and a 25-35 peso taxi to zicatella. Had a private room with ensuite, have had worse, have had better. Shower wasnt amazing and not the cleanest bathroom Ive ever used, but really wasnt an issue.

Awesome hostel, it has a really nice pool area with hammocks and couches to chill and talk to the great people that are there. They have a bar where you can get super cheap drinks in the evenings. The only bad thing is the 15min walk to the beach, but if you're together with others you can take a cab for 30 Pesos which is next to nothing.

• 21st Dec 2015

I can't recommend the Tower Bridge highly enough. I spent two of the most relaxed and enjoyable weeks of travel of my life in this hostel. From the very moment i arrived i felt welcome and at home. Staff go out their way to make sure your needs are being addressed and that your Puerto Escondido experience is fantastic. During the day the hostel is relaxed and inclusive and at night the bar is a must to prepare for a night out in Escondido. Can't wait to come back and see everyone again!

Thank you for the nice stay! A very relaxed comfortable Hostel close to the most beautiful beach in Puerto escondido. A young and flexible staff and owners and a comforting atmosphere.

View all Puerto Escondido Hostels