Tower Bridge Backpackers Reviews

Oceano Antartico No. 01, Puerto Escondido, Mexico

So sad to leave! Within a couple of hours of arriving we were in the pool playing volleyball, drinking beer and mezcal and having the time of our lives! The staff are so friendly, especially crazy Steve and barman Colin who is guaranteed to get you pissed and stripped before midnight (wheel of fortune- a lethal game!). Our friends recommended this hostel to us and we were not dissapointed; an amazing 5 days in a great location. Love the English Girls (x5)!

• 22nd Aug 2014

I have booked 3 nights in the Tower Bridge Hostel, but when we arrived with two more friends, and saw how great it was, we knew inmidiatelly we wanted to stay for at least a week. The facilities were great and the atmospheare incredible. The main market and the beach are closer too. Steve the owner and all the staff are super nice and super fun. I trully recomend anybody who is looking for a great time, to come here. PD: Do not leave before you play at the spining wheel at least once.

Had an awesome time at Tower Bridge Hostel definitely recommend this place to other travellers. Super cheap, everyone is really friendly especially the Barman Colin and the owner Steve. Thanks for a great stay

Great atmosphere, we imediately felt welcome and at ease there. The hostel is clean, has good facilities and actually is the way it appears on the photos! I highly recommend the place if you are interested in meeting other backpackers, as many activities and common facilities foster interactions with the other guests. Friendly and flexible staff.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

I stayed in the girls dorm at tower bridge backpackers for a week and loved it! It has a great bar, pool and hammocks where people chilled out with a beer and socialized, the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The girls dorm was clean and comfortable, and we had enough fans to cool us from the Puerto summer heat! The hostel is a 10 minute walk from the beach, and you can get into the centre of town for a 30peso cab ride. All in all a great stay!

• 2nd Aug 2014

i stayed here for 2 weeks and had so much fun, the staff are super friendly, laid back and always having a great time with the guests. There is a pool, bar, kitchen, and plenty of room to hang out. a great place to stay for such a small price.

• 27th Jul 2014

When I arrived in the morning from the bus station by taxi i was pretty Skeptical about the location was ready to have the taxi take me to a beach hostel but the security man Aaron convinced me to come and take a look around stayed one night and ended up staying for the week the bar tender and the front desk girls are amazing I would recommend Tower Bridge to all my Central and South American friend i meet along my travels. When I arrived in the morning from the bus station by taxi i was pretty

Came to Tower Bridge because the price looked great when I arrived the hostel was very clean and friendly the staff will go out of their way to help you with all most anything within reason. There is a bar and it generates a great atmosphere to meet and greet the drinks are economical defiantly the best hostel I have stayed at yet.

Steve and his team are very welcoming- great hostel atmosphere. Loved our time in Puerto!!!

Room was on a slant downwards, hostel is located in the middle of nowhere - you must walk far to get anywhere

Great hostel, would definitely recommend! Friendly and helpful staff, cool bar. Try the Sugar Special and the Puerto Sunshine!

Staff is great. Good value for money, but bit old place.

Wonderful paradisiac place with great atmosphere and interesting people! Big recommendation!!!

The hostel has great staff and great atmosphere. Private rooms are good value. It's located a short sweaty hike from the beach in a very peaceful area of town.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Finland

I was disappointed with my one night stay at Tower Bridge. We booked a private room and when we arrived we were taken to a room with a queen size mattress thrown on the floor with no sheets and lumpy pillows. The floors were sticky, the room smelled of mold and the mattress was so old I could feel the springs. The staff was helpful and gave us suggestions the next morning of places to have breakfast however when we checked out we could not find anyone to give our keys to.

• 18th Jun 2014

It was a very chilled laid back hostel, with a good bar and lovely staff however we found the showers weren't very good and it was abit far from Puerto Escondido town by playa Zicatela, however it was close to a gorgeous beach playa caratillo!

Had a great time! Would love to come back!

Great party place

Wooooow! What an amazing place! The location is great! A ten minute walk to the beach and ten minute walk to the local market! The staff were amazing made sure I felt welcomed and gave me the inside scoop on what to do in puerto!!! Awesome kitchen with all the necessities- big pool- and hammocks in the shade! Exactly what a hostel in Mexico should be like! And cheap drinks at the bar!!! Win!

• 1st Jun 2014

Lovely place.. very good value for money. Staff are lax but it sums up the good relaxing feel you get for this place and what you want from a beach stay..... The owner is a bit of a chopper though

View all Puerto Escondido Hostels