Tower View Lodge Reviews

Lovers Lane, Ballyard, Tralee, Ireland

While much was fine, the kitchen was really disappointing. Only one meal could be worked on at a time. Waited 2 hours for turn. That's not acceptable. Good location and friendly owner.

hHad you let us know you could have used the second kitchen!

Even though it's a bit out of town on a quiet street with lots of lovely houses in the neighbourhood, it's only a 15 minute walk to the town centre of Tralee. I got a good night's sleep and everyone was very kind and helpful. The guest room has got a huge bookshelf with lots of interesting books on the area and just about every other topic you can possibly think of.

Overhead light fixtures needed cleaning (dead bugs in both of ours), and why is there no water/water pressure at night? Sometimes one needs to flush, and wash hands.

If you don't have to be in the center of things in the middle of town, and like the peace and quiet, Tower View is just right. I was on my own and there were just a few people there during my 4 day stay, but I had a well supplied kitchen, a comfy sitting room and dorm room (w four beds) to myself. New arrivals were installed in other rooms, not mine, so I was a bit spoiled. It is run by a middle aged couple who are very friendly and try to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I had the best night sleep of my life in this hostel. It has everything you need and is very quiet and peaceful. Exactly what I was looking for and at a great value.

• 20th May 2013