Town House 50 Saigon Reviews

50 E Bui Thi Xuan, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

A very welcoming hostel. We had a private room, with everything you'd expect from a hotel of a very good standard. Cleanliness, ac, towels changed daily, fridge, free water, TV, lovely hot shower, breakfast with coffee, fruit and a menu, free Wi-Fi. We booked a Mekong day tour, and our bus trip to Cambodia through the reception. As expected there was a small mark-up on the price, but it saved us from going around to book things ourselves. They also gave us a honeymoon gift! Def recommend! They

Great location right in the heart of Saigon; great breakfasts; great air-con and great comfort. What's not to like? The public bus from the airport drops you a block from Townhouse 50. Can't get better convenience than that. What an arrival after a long flight! Bravo Townhouse 50.

Very nice place to stay. Incredibly helpful staff and one of the best breakfasts I've ever received in a hostel.

Some of us were unwell during our stay but the staff always asked after us and made sure we were OK. We were offered tea to make us feel better! Very friendly staff!

• 5th Aug 2015

Positives = staff are so friendly and breakfast is really good. But that's about it rooms are so cramped with no where to put big bags and if all 12people are in the room it is so cramped. There is only 1 shower for boys and 1 for girls in the whole place! And do not book tours through the hostel they are so expensive you can book the exact same tours in any one of the hundred shops right next to the hostel for a third of the price! charged us 400,000vd for a 220,000 bus ticket ridiculous

The service at Town House 50 was amazing . Delicious breakfast and staff waited for us with fresh fruits and cold drinks when we got back from our tours. We tried to book an extra night, but they were full so they sent us to Town House 23 which was equally great.

Loved our stay at Town House 50, very helpful staff specially Johnny, he s available to assist us anytime.

The staff speak English well and were very accommodating of the fact that I checked in late (past midnight). The entrance is down an alley that looks rather scary at night but it's lit and their reception is open 24 hours. My room was clean and the bathroom had the latest fixtures. Breakfast the next morning consisted of a small buffet along with staff available to cook eggs for you however you wish.

Very clean and professional, a little pricey but I felt secure leaving things in my room. I would recommend it to friends for sure!

• 17th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

A good place to stay as it is only about a 20 minute walk to the main attractions. And many of the attractions are close to each other. Also, you are not a very far walk from many bars and restaurants around the "Backpackers Road". It's nice you are close by but not staying in it so it is nice to be a bit quieter. A good breakfast as well. Wifi was just okay but that seems to be common in SE Asia. The place is clean and cozy. I would stay here again.

good place, id recommende it

So, I have bittersweet memories of Saigon, solely as a result of a stolen wallet, but only sweet memories of the Town House. When my wallet was stolen, I returned to the town House clueless as to what to do.. My flight was leaving in just a few hours and I did not even have enough money to make it to the airport. Johnny An and the Town House team saved my soul that day by giving me a ride to the city bus and helping with meals and bus fare. Will always be grateful for the recovery support.

• 24th Jun 2015

Really clean rooms with sheets that always smelt crisp and fresh. The staff are also excellent. Rooms are modern with everything you need. Only complaint is the roof on the higher floor seems to be of very thin construction as the noise from rain falling on the roof woke me up from my sleep at night.

The guys are really nice. They try to sell you many tours etc tough. Wouldn't recommend to book anything threw the hostel itself. It's just overpriced. I got the best deals around the backpacker area

They went above and beyond here. Johnny was great and booked tours for us. Service was incredible, best breakfast so far and clean rooms with big lockers. Worth the extra 5 bucks compared to cheaper places.

Town House 50 is a lovely place to stay while in HCMC. It has a beautiful interior design with wonderful colorful tiles, it is clean and tidy, the staff is friendly and helpful. Although located in a street with a lot of hotels, Town House 50 feels like a peaceful oasis in the busy city, not far from some of the main attractions of HCMC. On top, there were plenty of interesting books to exchange in their lobby.

Arrived exhausted to be told that my private room reservation could not be honored "because the manager made a mistake" and private rooms were already sold out. They offered a dorm accommodation but I am traveling with expensive camera gear and need good sleep so I had to book an expensive hotel, last-minute. They DID offer to put me up in a nearby low-end hotel but I wasn't comfortable with that.

Our hosts were extremely accommodating and were extremely welcoming. Johnny helped us organize the final leg of our Vietnam trip and was essentially our travel agent. He even packed us a goodie bag for the trip out.

• 15th Jun 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast came with a few options and many side dishes. The room I stayed at was 12 beds to a room which was very cramped but clean and the air conditioner worked perfectly.

Only stayed for one night but it was great. Located very centrally and they allowed us to use their shower one last time before we left!

« first « Prev 1 2 3