Town Yard Hostel

Superb 155 Total Reviews
Superb 155 Total Reviews

9th Mar 2017

Convenient location beside Ganden monastery and only 10 mins walk from the main sites. Gan and his wife couldn't have been more friendly and treated us like family. Gan organized our tour to the national park including an overnight in a Ger. In fact he was our tour guide and driver! He speaks good English, is very knowledgeable on all things Mongolian and an interesting character. Would definitely stay again.

• Thailand, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2017

The host was very welcoming. The son pick me up from the railway station for free. He helped me with my bags. So great. The daughter was also very influent in English. She suggested me many sightseeing places. There was only me that night (because of low season). So they let me early check-in and late check-out. My The room was ok. The bathroom was clean. When I had to leave, the daughter walked out on the street to call a taxi in Russian language (to make sure the taxi don't over-charge me.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
15th Jan 2017

When I arrived in the hostel there was only one other guest (because of winter season). So we had a private room. The owner of the hostel is great, he will help you with everything. He arranged a 2day tour for me and the other guest and went with us as a guide. The tour was really cheap compared to others. I really enjoyed my stay here!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
18th Dec 2016

Stayed here for two weeks while travelling Mongolia alone over Jan-Feb. During my stay there were only three other guests which made the whole experience feel more like a home stay with the amazing Oyuna and Gan as well as their family. The guesthouse itself is centrally located, very clean and family members were always around whenever I had questions or just to make sure I was safe and enjoying myself. I highly recommend this guesthouse and will definitely stay here again when next in UB.

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
3rd Nov 2016

Gan and oyuna are extremely hospitable owners and they will go all out to ensure that you have a great time in Mongolia! They are also very knowledgeable about mongolia's history and culture. I was offered a personalised tour (more like a road trip!) packed with cultural experiences!!From living with the nomads, milking a cow, riding a horse, drinking horse milk and trying out local delicacies. Oyuna cooks really delicious Mongolian food! Thank you Gan and oyuna for everything!!!