Town Yard Hostel

Fabulous 154 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 154 Total Reviews

9th Mar 2017

Convenient location beside Ganden monastery and only 10 mins walk from the main sites. Gan and his wife couldn't have been more friendly and treated us like family. Gan organized our tour to the national park including an overnight in a Ger. In fact he was our tour guide and driver! He speaks good English, is very knowledgeable on all things Mongolian and an interesting character. Would definitely stay again.

• Thailand, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2017

The host was very welcoming. The son pick me up from the railway station for free. He helped me with my bags. So great. The daughter was also very influent in English. She suggested me many sightseeing places. There was only me that night (because of low season). So they let me early check-in and late check-out. My The room was ok. The bathroom was clean. When I had to leave, the daughter walked out on the street to call a taxi in Russian language (to make sure the taxi don't over-charge me.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
15th Jan 2017

When I arrived in the hostel there was only one other guest (because of winter season). So we had a private room. The owner of the hostel is great, he will help you with everything. He arranged a 2day tour for me and the other guest and went with us as a guide. The tour was really cheap compared to others. I really enjoyed my stay here!

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
3rd Nov 2016

Gan and oyuna are extremely hospitable owners and they will go all out to ensure that you have a great time in Mongolia! They are also very knowledgeable about mongolia's history and culture. I was offered a personalised tour (more like a road trip!) packed with cultural experiences!!From living with the nomads, milking a cow, riding a horse, drinking horse milk and trying out local delicacies. Oyuna cooks really delicious Mongolian food! Thank you Gan and oyuna for everything!!!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
6th Oct 2016
6.6

Good choice for budget hostel. There at end of tourist season so it was essentially empty. Dorm clean and comfortable enough, but whole hostel is very chilly as winter sets in. Breakfast was lovely and provided cheerfully. Gan can be eccentric but was very helpful with ideas, arranging taxis etc. Tours were provided and I enjoyed the one 2-day tour I did but didn't feel pressured to book, or threatened with being kicked out as other travellers I met have experienced at other UB hostels.

27th Sep 2016
8.0

A charming family-run hostel, ideal for unwinding after tours. Security was great (so much that even we couldn't get in once or twice!) and staff friendly. The only downsides are that it was 30 minute walk to the centre (with not much nearby) and the kitchen was very basic. Would recommend this place though.

• Bulgaria, Mixed Group, 25-30
27th Sep 2016

Great staff and a really nice and trully authentic Ulanbataar atmosphere! Could a bit chill in the autumn.