Town Yard Hostel

Fabulous 157 Total Reviews
Fabulous 157 Total Reviews

12th May 2017
6.9

Dorm beds were simple with clean rooms and working hot showers. Customer service from the elderly people is good and gives you homely environment. Very far from the city centre and there are no nearby good restaurants until you walk 0.5 km. We cannot use washing machine but they do the laundry at heavy price of 2 dollars/kg. Ideal for good and peaceful sleep with cooking facilities.

9th Mar 2017

Convenient location beside Ganden monastery and only 10 mins walk from the main sites. Gan and his wife couldn't have been more friendly and treated us like family. Gan organized our tour to the national park including an overnight in a Ger. In fact he was our tour guide and driver! He speaks good English, is very knowledgeable on all things Mongolian and an interesting character. Would definitely stay again.

• Thailand, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2017

The host was very welcoming. The son pick me up from the railway station for free. He helped me with my bags. So great. The daughter was also very influent in English. She suggested me many sightseeing places. There was only me that night (because of low season). So they let me early check-in and late check-out. My The room was ok. The bathroom was clean. When I had to leave, the daughter walked out on the street to call a taxi in Russian language (to make sure the taxi don't over-charge me.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
15th Jan 2017

When I arrived in the hostel there was only one other guest (because of winter season). So we had a private room. The owner of the hostel is great, he will help you with everything. He arranged a 2day tour for me and the other guest and went with us as a guide. The tour was really cheap compared to others. I really enjoyed my stay here!