Town Yard Hostel

Fabulous 163 Total Reviews

• mitch1018
  • Italy, All Male Group, 18-24
29th Jul 2017

Extremely nice and available staff, we received a very warm welcoming as well as an introduction of the city. They have many trips available but they will not try to book you in if your stay is short or you are not interested. Good location, yummy breakfast and clean environment. Would definitely come back!

25th Jul 2017

A fantastic place to launch your exploration of Ulaanbaatar. The owners are always nearby and highly responsive, helping me with my train ticket to Russia.

• England, Female, 25-30
19th Jul 2017

I can not recommend Townyard hostel enough. Gan and Oyuna make you feel so at home and are excellent hosts. They arranged my transfers, tours and speak a great level of English. Breakfast is simple but delicious and the rooms clean and airy. Nestled near to the monastery it's a fantastic location for the centre and missing the traffic! Stay here- you won't regret it!! Enjoy Mongolia!

• Singapore, Female, 31-40
10th Jul 2017

Stayed at this hostel for 2 night and did a 4 day tour with them to Central Mongolia. Everything was amazing. The hostel is basic and clean. There was warm showers and wifi and a decent breakfast of eggs and toast with jam. Gan and Yuna were very warm and hospitable and treat you like family, so that in my books equates to the whole experience. Their son, Miji was our driver and guide for the tour, was very accommodating and we ended up becoming good friends after it all. Would stay again!

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
3rd Jul 2017
4.9

Day 1 nobody there spoke English at all, although the lady did try to help. My taxi driver tried to call to find out where they were. No response. I found an English speaker the 2nd day and paid and checked out on 3rd day. It was early but the dorm bed seemed extra uncomfortable and I just wanted to leave. I was sick, I didn't realize it at the time but he charged me for the two nights without subtracting my internetdeposit. I also email them to see if my lost headlight was there. No response.

12th May 2017
6.9

Dorm beds were simple with clean rooms and working hot showers. Customer service from the elderly people is good and gives you homely environment. Very far from the city centre and there are no nearby good restaurants until you walk 0.5 km. We cannot use washing machine but they do the laundry at heavy price of 2 dollars/kg. Ideal for good and peaceful sleep with cooking facilities.

9th Mar 2017

Convenient location beside Ganden monastery and only 10 mins walk from the main sites. Gan and his wife couldn't have been more friendly and treated us like family. Gan organized our tour to the national park including an overnight in a Ger. In fact he was our tour guide and driver! He speaks good English, is very knowledgeable on all things Mongolian and an interesting character. Would definitely stay again.

• Thailand, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2017

The host was very welcoming. The son pick me up from the railway station for free. He helped me with my bags. So great. The daughter was also very influent in English. She suggested me many sightseeing places. There was only me that night (because of low season). So they let me early check-in and late check-out. My The room was ok. The bathroom was clean. When I had to leave, the daughter walked out on the street to call a taxi in Russian language (to make sure the taxi don't over-charge me.