Town Yard Hostel Reviews

Nearby Gandan Monastery, Door4, Orkhon5, Bayangol District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Very nice people, helpful and gently I am the third time in yard town.....

• 11th Nov 2015

We loved this hostel, lovely staff, nice atmosphere and a free breakfast every morning! We did however have some problems with our tour. We booked a one night two day trip to a ger camp in Terelj national park through the hostel owner and paid $250 for two of us. We enjoyed the tour but we felt we got ripped off as we were left to our own devices without a guide on a campsite for the majority of it. If you're booking a tour here or anywhere else just make sure you know what you're paying for!!

Really nice family run hostel near the monastery. Don't be turned off by the fact it's located in a small alley, just go inside and feel the warmth! Gan is very helpful, he and his wife speak very good English.

Very nice hostel!!! I felt during my visit in Mongolia like at home!!!the atmosphere is great and and all the facilities that I needed were given to me!! I don't have any bad comment about this hostel, made my days in Mongolia very comfortable and special!!!! The owners gan, Oyuna and all their family are lovely!!!!

A nice little hostel 2 minutes away from the Gandan Monastery run by a couple who live there. The rooms are simple but cosy and comfortable. They provide breakfast everyday, and are more than willing to help you plan your trip (with valuable advice). We really enjoyed our stay here; got to meet lots of people from different countries. Only down side was that sometimes the wi-fi gets turned off for no reason during the day and is completely unavailable at night.