Townhouse Hotel

• Villa Carolina Townhouse, 31 Bayview Drive, Paranaque City Metro-Manila, Manila, Philippines

Rating 285 Total Reviews
Rating 285 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
1st Aug 2017
2.0

As soon as I walked in I started to get bitten trough my leggings. I am no covered in swollen bites. A man walked in from the street looking completely glazed over, circled the main area and walks out, another boy comes running in saying that that same man had just walked straight into his room and tried to strangle him. He grabbed his things and ran. No security. There was no wifi - it didn't work and no one cared to fix it. Shower was a trickle of cold water. Filthy. Do not stay here.

Our Wi-Fi service is available in our main building; we are sorry about the American named Andrew who we eventually had to call the police to encourage him to leave. It's basically impossible to pay P1000/ day for 24 hour security to protect a 6 Bed mixed dorm with share bathroom which we charge P200/ night / bed. Katie emailed us to alter her booking and arrival from Aug 1 & 2 to July 31 and Aug 1 which we granted right away and she seemed thankful but this negative review makes me wonder if she didn't have some sort of agenda.

• Philippines, Female, 41+
29th Jul 2017
6.6

So sorry to tell you that I wasn't really satisfied about our stay at Villa Carolina Townhouse, because in their online adds it looks very nice and clean but when we arrived there it is not, so sad and the room the windows are locked up permanently that's why it is really too HOT... for me I will not recommend Villa Caroline Townhouse to my friends.

• USA, Male, 31-40
8th Jul 2017
5.4

PROS - Pretty close to the airport and major road. - Very low price. - Cool artwork. CONS - My room smelled strongly of mothballs. - Most of the knobs for faucets were broken in some way. - Toilet had no seat. - The majority of items on the food items on the menu were not available. - The is no aircon (AC), but rather a fan. - It's located near a smoggy, busy road, so air quality is not the best.

Thanks Jonathon for your review but your booking clearly stated "small grd FL fan room w/ 1 double bed share bath" so I don't know why you expected air-conditioning. I'm sorry your room smelled like mothballs but it's one of the most effective ways to discourage cockroaches. So I've noticed already this is the 2nd complaint about mothballs as one of our Casa Camilla Boracay Apartments airbnb guests also mentioned it but tropical climates especially during rainy season attracts insects and mothballs help prevent insects from invading. We have 36 private rooms but it seems like the only rooms booked on-line are our 5, small fan cooled rooms with share bathroom at P400/ night / 1 or 2 persons. Last year when our rating dropped to 4.2 I removed both our P200/ bedspace/ night dorm and our P400/ night rooms and within a few months our rating went up to 6.3 so what can I say other than if you're not happy with the room you booked SIMPLY ask to see 3 or 4 of our other private fan cooled larger rooms for P500, P600, P700 and air-conditioned rooms for P1000/ night / 1 or 2 persons P150/ extra person kids under 8 years old free ( limit 2 )

15th Jun 2017
6.3

My friend arrived after me and said did they give you one night free after 5 night I said no and they never offer me I stay there9 night and I pay full price never talk to me about that sti

Thanks for your review; you booked 1 bedspace in our 6 bed mixed fan cooled dorm with share bathroom. We have offered weekly discounts of 1 night FREE with advance payment since 1986 but as of 2 or 3 years ago after renovations we changed our weekly discount to apply ONLY to our rooms with private bathrooms P600/ night P3600/ week, P700/ night , P4200 / week and P1000/ night , P6000 / Week meaning your friend's information was not only wrong because it was never pay 5 nights 6th night free UPON CHECK-IN PAY 6 Nights for 7 Nights.

• England, Female, 31-40
28th Apr 2017
4.3

In a country where it is hot all year round...I don't think it's too much to ask for a working fan or empty bin, in a room the size of a disabled toilet. The room was horrid with a bin full of rubbish (including dirty underwear!) It's was sweltering and uncomfortable and there was a putrid smell wafting throughout. The bathroom was even more grotesque...with cockroaches roamong freely! Only stay here if you are waiting for your connecting flight! That's all its good for. A couple of hours, max!

• England, Couple, 18-24
24th Apr 2017
4.6

This hostel is absolutely disgusting. It's filthy - cockroaches and stains everywhere. We weren't even given a sheet just a leather mattress and pillow.

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Apr 2017
6.9

Good location if you need to be near the airport. Bit far out from the rest of town otherwise. My room ended up being down the road so no wifi ands having to walk down the road to reception if I needed anything. Faux leather mattress and pillows were a bit odd - and very hot. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful!!

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
11th Mar 2017
3.7

It was a terrible experience, alright i wanted to save money but I stayed in a lot of cheap and cozy places along my trip nothing like this. People always in a bad mood, tried to have breakfast for 3 hours and the lady from the kitchen woke up at 9:30 am all i wanted was hot water for my coffee. Wouldn't recommend it

Thank you for your review, we are planning to close the kitchen because like you reported NOBODY wakes up to cook or even serve coffee in the morning because they are staying up all night. We plan to buy an automated coffee machine like many of the fast food chain restaurants provide. That way even guests who wake up at 4AM to catch an early flight can enjoy a coffee before leaving. It's really too bad you didn't know about the nearby Mini-Mart open 24 hours only 1 minute walk away serving breakfast items and coffee with chairs and tables inside.

9th Mar 2017
2.6

Couldn't get out of this place fast enough, not worth the money you think you're saving!

8th Mar 2017
4.9

Im usually all for the 'you get what you pay for, but this was something else.The bathrooms are so dirty I even considered brushing my teeth outside with a water bottle. Some staff were nice but when ordering food the staff I ordered it with acted as if I had just asked for his first born child. Also found 3 cockroaches on our way to the toilet.. ok hostel if you just need it for a night before the airport and don't leave your room.