Townhouse Hotel

• Villa Carolina Townhouse, 31 Bayview Drive, Paranaque City Metro-Manila, Manila, Philippines

Rating 281 Total Reviews
Rating 281 Total Reviews

• Canada, Male, 41+
15th Jun 2017
6.3

My friend arrived after me and said did they give you one night free after 5 night I said no and they never offer me I stay there9 night and I pay full price never talk to me about that sti

• England, Female, 31-40
28th Apr 2017
4.3

In a country where it is hot all year round...I don't think it's too much to ask for a working fan or empty bin, in a room the size of a disabled toilet. The room was horrid with a bin full of rubbish (including dirty underwear!) It's was sweltering and uncomfortable and there was a putrid smell wafting throughout. The bathroom was even more grotesque...with cockroaches roamong freely! Only stay here if you are waiting for your connecting flight! That's all its good for. A couple of hours, max!

• England, Couple, 18-24
24th Apr 2017
4.6

This hostel is absolutely disgusting. It's filthy - cockroaches and stains everywhere. We weren't even given a sheet just a leather mattress and pillow.

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Apr 2017
6.9

Good location if you need to be near the airport. Bit far out from the rest of town otherwise. My room ended up being down the road so no wifi ands having to walk down the road to reception if I needed anything. Faux leather mattress and pillows were a bit odd - and very hot. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful!!

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
11th Mar 2017
3.7

It was a terrible experience, alright i wanted to save money but I stayed in a lot of cheap and cozy places along my trip nothing like this. People always in a bad mood, tried to have breakfast for 3 hours and the lady from the kitchen woke up at 9:30 am all i wanted was hot water for my coffee. Wouldn't recommend it

Thank you for your review, we are planning to close the kitchen because like you reported NOBODY wakes up to cook or even serve coffee in the morning because they are staying up all night. We plan to buy an automated coffee machine like many of the fast food chain restaurants provide. That way even guests who wake up at 4AM to catch an early flight can enjoy a coffee before leaving. It's really too bad you didn't know about the nearby Mini-Mart open 24 hours only 1 minute walk away serving breakfast items and coffee with chairs and tables inside.

9th Mar 2017
2.6

Couldn't get out of this place fast enough, not worth the money you think you're saving!

8th Mar 2017
4.9

Im usually all for the 'you get what you pay for, but this was something else.The bathrooms are so dirty I even considered brushing my teeth outside with a water bottle. Some staff were nice but when ordering food the staff I ordered it with acted as if I had just asked for his first born child. Also found 3 cockroaches on our way to the toilet.. ok hostel if you just need it for a night before the airport and don't leave your room.

2nd Mar 2017
7.1

Located in a super sketchy area of town, the front door was just an iron gate. There was no toilet paper in the bathroom, and no shower curtain in the COLD shower. We booked as a couple and they put us in a tiny room just large enough to fit a twin bed, with a fan. Food from the kitchen was okay. Price is nice, but not worth it if you're going to stay more than a day.

• Denmark, Male, 18-24
27th Feb 2017
4.9

Cheap and close to the airport. Nothing else about it.

Thanks for your short and to the point review; sicne we opened our first 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom townhouse unit to budget travelers as a hobby in 1986 it's always been available to mostly overnight, transient guests choosing to spend most of their time in the islands and beaches like I did the first time when I arrived at 25 years old in 1980 and now has evolved into 5 townhouse units, with 35 private rooms known now on google as, "Townhouse Hotel Manila " or on facebook as The Townhouse Hotel / Hostel Manila. We have maintained our rates for over 25 years without raising our U$4/ night / bedspaces, and U$8 to U$20/ night / 2 person private room rates.

• England, Female, 25-30
21st Feb 2017
3.1

I have stayed in many backpacker accommodation in my time as iv been travelling for 6 months this was by far the worst.toilet was so dirty, the shower was unusable, rusty and like an old motel shower head. there were cockroachs and other insects crawling all over the floor, multiple of them not just one. In the first room I saw the light didn't work and there was no window so I was moved to this area. It is well located but that doesn't make up for it, it's not safe and They charged me double

We have 35 private rooms with 5 rates, P400, P500, P600, P700 and P1000 (U$/Euro$4 to U$/Euro$20 / / night / 1 or 2 persons and P200/(U$/Euro$4 )/ night bedspace so it sounds like you must have been allowed to stay in a room with problems needing repair and cleaned. I HOPE that anyone who read your review and still decides to stay with us know enough to reject such a room and ask to see another room. It's really too bad you didn't ask to see other room choices;had you simply asked to see 3 or 4 rooms before choosing your favorite your experience would have been completely different. Happy Travels and choosing budget lodging in the Philippines which will enhance your positive experience. Sorry but I really don't understand you allowing yourself to be checked into a room you HATE so much; my wife and I have have traveled the world on a budget for over 35 years and when shown such accommodation we simply leave and stay elsewhere. We are absolutely happy to follow hostelworld and hotelbookers policy to REFUND your 12% ( P48 to P72 50cents to $140 ) advance payment if you'd simply rejected staying with us.