Townhouse Hotel Reviews

Villa Carolina Townhouse, 201 Roxas Blvd # 31 Bayv, Tambo, Paranaque City, Manila, Philippines

Close to the airport... But I guess it is not enough. Horrible horrible place.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Poland

I've been travelling before but this hostel was the worste hostel I've ever stayed in. My advice: DO NOT GO THERE The staff is really unfriendly and always seems annoyed with you, the room was completely covered in dirt. The airport service didn't work (and i got told this about 2 hours before my flight was due to leave) I didn't like it at all and usually I'm not a fussy person.

First we take a cheap room for 500 Pecos and it was really awful. No water, no aircon with a very noisy vent. 20 years old bed and dirty sheet on it. I was ask the guy on reception (which pretend girl) to show us another room. And it was much better but not the best apparently. But it was twice more expensive. Permanent problems with water. Last day we ask for the transfer to airport and it costs 230!!! Pecos. But its a 1,5 kilometers away from the hostel! We was drive there 5 minutes!

Pro: distance to airport, the curry, and wifi in the lobby Con: everything else

• 23rd Sep 2014

Staff was rude and charged more for the airport pickup service than they had specified in the email THEY sent me.

• 10th Aug 2014

Thanks Kai for your feedback! I've changed our standard email reply already. My wife and I were traveling for the past few months when the gasoline prices in the Philippines went up. Our manager and new driver raised the prices without informing us. If you decide to stay with us again we'd really like to know the name of our staff who was rude to you so we can dismiss them.

Very good location and the airport transfer was awsome! Unfortunately, the rooms and bed sheets feel rather dirty and the bathroome are really messy and feel uncomfortable. It would be a nice place if this would change!

Only stay here if you absolutely must be 10min from the airport and don't have a lot of cash/don't want to spend a lot of cash.

Thanks James, providing the cheapest rates near the airports has been our purpose since opening Jan 1986 as a hobby.

I had a mixed experience here. On the one hand the food I ordered from the kitchen was good and well priced. The kitchen also looked clean as far as I could see. However the room was filthy! Cockroaches under the bed and a dead one blocking the bathroom sink. Months of accumulated grime and dirt on the walls, curtains, floors etc. And the staff obviously don't even see this as an issue! I asked them to clean the room and a lady spent about 1 minute in there with a dirty mop. It was still gross!

This is a backpacking hostel. If you expect hotel-type rooms, you will not like it. If you understand that this is a cheap room with a place for a shower and a bed, then you'll be ok. Westerners who expect the Hilton for $10US will complain, but they're wrong to do so - this is not a fancy hotel. The rooms were functional, but they looked dirty. It was as if someone tried to keep it clean and gave up a few years ago. But it is totally serviceable as a stopover point for travels through Manila.

• 1st Jul 2014

I had a 10 hour layover in Manila so I decided to book the closest place to the airport for a shower

• 30th May 2014

No toilet paper, no toilet seat. Asked about hiring the driver to take us to the nearby bus station and was told to take a taxi, asked if I could book a taxi, told no. Very rude girl at desk. Got harassed by elderly guest asking for money because he got held up while drunk. No wifi except in lobby. For the price I've stayed in nicer, friendlier and better equipped places.

Location is good if you need to stay close to the airport. We might have been unlucky, but they put us in a topmost room, which had huge cockroaches in the bathroom. Fortunately they allowed us to use another bathroom in another room, but couldn't move us there because it was AC and we only paid for the fan, which is understandable. We only stayed there for one night, cause we had a connecting flight next morning, so for that it was ok.