Townside Hostel Bremen

8.8
Fabulous 1189 Total Reviews

• Spain, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Feb 2017

Great location. 15/20 minutes walking to the centre of Bremen and 6 minutes by tram to the main station. There are also lots of cafés and places to eat near by. The staff was nice and helpful. Our room was really big and clean and our beds super comfortable. I would stay here if I visit again.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
20th Jan 2017

Great hostel without much vibe. However it was particularly quiet when I went. I recommend the 7 bed room two of the beds are on a mezzanine so it is spacious. The kitchen was small but functional and they include basics like oil onion and garlic which is a really nice touch. I would stay again.

20th Jan 2017

The staff was very nice and the rooms themselves were nice. The breakfast was good as well and overall for the price it was great. The only bad thing was there was basically no atmosphere so if that's what you're looking for look elsewhere. With that being said I'd definitely stay here again!

• Germany, All Male Group, 18-24
3rd Jan 2017

Very surprising for the money we payed. Very clean, very proper, and very put together. Separate lounge and eating area. The rooms themselves allowed for each person to sleep quite separated from the rest through artfully placed barriers. The lock boxes were very clean and had outlets inside of them. Finally. The staff were very helpful when we set off the fire alarm in the kitchen, and even gave cooking hints. I would recommend this to a friend, and plan on returning next time in Bremen.

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
31st Dec 2016
4.0

Never trust the staff and the advertisement! We parked our car on the street that has been advertised by the hostel as 'free parking', after that I have even asked the receptionist if I am allowed to park there and she told me yes and it is free At night my car has been taken by the police and I had to pay more than 300€ to get it back! Nobody from the hostel felt responsible for that and they told us it was our own fault because we relied on them! This trip was definitely not worth the money

• hellennim
  • England, Female, 31-40
28th Dec 2016

We had a really great stay at Townside. The staff were very friendly and helpful with my three-year-old son; the location was great - on a quiet street in a lively area close to the centre; and the beds were comfy! There was a problem with the heating in our room on the first night, but it was quickly fixed the next day, and they offered us a free breakfast to make up for it. Paying for towels was a bit :/ (doesn't everyone need a towel?) but I'd happily go back any time.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
17th Dec 2016
7.4

For me it was a fairly average stay. Ticked all the boxes without anything being surprising delightful. The staff were the exact amount of helpful I would expect, but I got the impression they would be a lot more friendly if I spoke German instead? Maybe they're just shy. Anyway, it's a good place if you just need a nice place to stay, so for me that's totally fine.

14th Dec 2016

The location is away from Hbf and the Old Town area, but not too much. The tram from the station is fast and the walk to Old Town is pretty and took us 15 minutes, which included picture stops. The hostel is pretty standard. We were not lucky enough to have the nice looking built in bunks in the pictures. We were in the 4 bed dorm and had really creaky wooden bunks with super narrow steps. The breakfast is fantastic. Pretty much no atmosphere though, if that's your thing, go elsewhere.

• Malta, Female, 18-24
12th Dec 2016
6.3

There was a poor vibe and there was a surprising amount of older men staying in the dorms, which was a bit strange. The staff was helpful, the breakfast was good, the bed was comfortable, the bathrooms were clean, the lounge area is nice and cosy, the kitchen is a bit small but well equipped. Overall happy with my stay!

• Germany, Male, 25-30
2nd Dec 2016

Very close to "das Viertel" (streets: Ostertorsteinweg, Sielwall) where all nice cafes and shops are. Helpful staff. Common rooms were quite empty and most people still present were asleep, but I also arrived like 11pm, 12am.