Trafalgar Cottages Reviews

Trafalgar Cottages, Manggayad, Boracay Island, Philippines

We had an amazing 6 days at Trafalgar cottages. The hostel owners were so friendly and helpful. They cleaned our room 3 days out of the 6 that we were there and didn't just clean. They hung our clothes up and put everything very neatly on the tables which was amazing. The location is brill just a 2 min walk to the beach and nightlife, but also very quiet for a good nights sleep. Will deffinatly return when back in boracay!!

• 13th May 2015

Me and my family stayed here. Rooms are clean, staff are very helpful, and the whole place was perfect for its very affordable price. It is cheaper than other but give you a perfect place to stay. We'll suggest these to my friends.

• 10th May 2015
  • Philippines

It's value for money, and close to everything.

• 29th Apr 2015

This was honestly one of the best places we have ever stayed in our life. The location is perfect and situated only 2 minute walk from the beach. The owner is also very nice and extremely helpful! The rooms were also great and very affordable. All in all me and my girlfriend will definitely be back!! We really recommend this hostel!! we even extended our trip another week because we were so satisfied.

• 26th Apr 2015

The staff was really nice and helpful, and it is really next to the beach. The first room we stayed in was really nice, but after a few nights we had to move to a smaller room and the mattress wasn't that comfortable. It would be nice if there was an option to have breakfast at the cottages, but it's a nice place to stay for a good price.

• 22nd Apr 2015

It was an amazing experience and the staff were really nice. I had a late check-in due to some transfer delays but the owner accommodated my late arrival and responded to my sms when I got lost. It has an easy access to the beach and to the main road. You will be amazed how peaceful and quite the place is. I did not expect too much but I was impressed! Worth your money!

Here you can really feel comfortable and more like at home than in an hostel. The kitchen and chill out areas are so nice and peaceful. The stuff is always friendly and give you new ideas what to do in this island. They are very careful with and about your things.even trough it's not in the center of the withe beach it's a nice surrounding and the way going to station 2 is a nice walk on the beach or next to the stores. So If ever I would return to boracay I would stay in trafalgar Cottages!

• 14th Mar 2015

It was really nice there. Quit but near to the Beach. It is like a litte peacefull oase in the tourist centre. I can really recomend it

great budget place to stay, one of the oldest of its kind in the island. central, quiet, super convenient located

Joel was frankly unwelcoming. at first contacted Julia, she was very helpful re booking, but our travel plans changed. when we apologetically informed hostel (well before 24-hour deadline) Joel replied quite rudely, telling us we'd "made a mess of things" and that we "should have thought carefully". we arrived early to ask if we could store bags, he complained we were too early. then I saw he had emailed us 30 minutes before complaining that we were late and "no where to be found". what?

I really enjoyed my stay at Trafalgar, the staff are very helpful and friendly. They can provide lots of information on things to do, they also have a currency exchange which is very useful. There were 2 power cuts during our stay but the staff worked very hard to get this up a running as quick as possible. The showers are a bit on the cold side but this wasn't too much of a problem for us!

• 19th Feb 2015

Staff here were excellent and would go out of their way to help. The room was regularly cleaned and staff would tell you they were going into your room to clean. The only real issue here is the wifi. If the wifi could be improved I would have no complaints.

It is very affordable, yet beyond average value for money. First, its great location and welcoming nice staff. Second, it's probably the cleanest hostel I've seen and certainly more than expect for this money in Boracay during peak season. All in all , this place is a great part of what made vacation awesome.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Excellent value for money which is nowadays difficult to find on Boracay. Perfect location near to the beach but very quiet at night. The cottages are very clean, well kept with fan and shower and a comfortable bed. Wifi available in the common area , very nice and helpful owner and staff. Definitely one of the best options if you want to save money but still have a comfortable, friendly and safe place to stay.

Woman who workes in hostel was nicest and sweetest filipina what we have met for a while. She made everything that we would enjoy our stay there (and we did) and hostel staff was really flexible and helpfull. We would recommend this Place for sure. BR, Friend group from Finland

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Excellent staff, always friendly and helpful. Thank you Joel! :)

The staff is super friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. They make their guests feel welcome and important and are always there for them. The location is right behind a souvenir marketplace, about 2 or 3 minutes from White Beach. And although you are not far from the action and the main road, the place is quiet at night and you can sleep. This is a clean no-frills kind of place and it does the job, no problem. If you are looking for simple and affordable accomodation, this is the place to go!

pearlie who works there is nice. Clean place. Negatives: costs money to borrow a book to read and rather expensive to borrow and use the basic kitchen set up. Balcony area with hammock gets locked at 9 which is disappointing.

• 1st Feb 2015

We enjoyed our stay. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable and well kept. A short walk from the beach but a great value for the cost.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • China

Trafalgar Cottages located nearby the market within few mins walking distance .you can find the store,coffee shop,market ,bar and restaurant. The room / bed is clean and comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful !!! Speaks good english. I would stay here if go to Boracay again :)

• 29th Jan 2015