Trafalgar Cottages Reviews

Trafalgar Cottages, Manggayad, Boracay Island, Philippines

I recommend Trafalgar to anyone who is looking for a relaxed atmosphere. The rooms and clean, staff are extremely helpful and the beach is a few minutes walking distance. Slightly away from the main bars, but still walking distance (10-15) mins. If i ever return to Boracay I would stay here again.

• 6th Dec 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much. The staffs were amazing and very kind especially Mr Joel and Parly. The room was clean and very comfortable to sleep. Boracay is a fun and exciting island to visit and if we come back Trafalgar Cottages definitely will be our place to stay.

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

friendly staff, clean facility, highly recommended for travellers who are on a budget

We (three guys travelling) booked a 4 Bed room ensuite showers. What be got is a Cottage with 2 big size beds. We were lucky that one guy changed his mind and didnt come to Boracay, so there was enough space for the two of us. The owner says, in these 2 big size beds fit 4 People. I agree, as far its a Family with to little Kids. But not for 28year old guys. So take care when booking and your more than 2 People. Stayed 9 nights there. Its an excellent place. Stuff very helpfull. Thanks to Pearly

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

Clean, cheap, friendly and close to the beach. What else could you want.

• 26th Nov 2014

As per usual the best place to stay on Boracay. Friendly owners and staff, a price that hasn't been inflated like the rest of the island, clean and functional facilities and handy to everything one requires. Will definitely be back. Thanks again guys! Always a pleasure to to Trafalgar.

Liked everything, but no hot water)

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Russia

This was an awesome home away from home. Excellent, friendly and helpful staff. Joel and Pearly and the rest of them there went out of their way to ensure all my questions were answered, and was available for my incredibly late check-in with no complaints. I booked a private room, which had a fan and lots of storage space for a very affordable price. Even though showers were cold, the weather was hot, so it was actually refreshing! Location, balcony, and hammocks were great too!

Simple, clean room with private bathroom.

Trafalgar Cottages were outstanding value,clean and staff so helpful. They were helped organise my island hopping tour for a great price. Position was good as away from the noiser part of Boracay and felt more laid back being closer to the southern end. Overall enjoyed my stay here immensely and would definitely stay here again. Thankyou.

Really great staff. Very flexible with booking and excellent email communication. Basic ensuite bathroom and fan room but very clean and towels provided. Great value for location.

I stayed at Trafalgar with a friend for 4 nights, and we really loved it. The location is great: the cottages are hidden away behind a market, so it's calm and cosy, and yet it's only a few minutes walk to the beautiful White Beach! Also easy to access Resort 2 and it's nightlife (we did it every evening, and generally on foot!). The room was very comfortable, with our own little balcony, and private bathroom.

• 20th Oct 2014

Brilliant we have been here for about a week. The owners are amazing, very friendly and helpful. The have sorted out our problems (a light not working) very quickly and efficiently. Close to the beach but not noisy. Strongly recommend this place.

He hostel has a homey feel and the staff are nice and helpful. However, the bed linen is has some musty smell. I had to put a tower on the pillow

I HIGHLY recommend it.Not on the beach, but about a 2 minute walk. In between station 2 &3 which was great. It's t by a great inexpensive restaurant Zest and my personal favorite, Sunny Side Cafe. The atmosphere is great. It feels like you're in a jungle and gives you a feel of what Boracay was like prior to all of the tourism. The staff was so friendly. The room was nice enough. No point spending a lot of money on a hotel when you're never there during the day. This was definitely worth it.

• 4th Oct 2014

Location was great! 5 minute walk to the beach and restaurants and convenience stores all around. Staff was also very helpful and informative. Only downside was the lack of a hot water shower, but you don't really need one if you are out in the sun all day and actually want a cold shower to freshen up. Loved the set-up. Would definitely come here again if I ever am fortunate enough to return.

Great place located centrally, only a few mins walk to the beach. Cheap restaurant only 1 min walk away. Julia couldn't have been more helpful. Lovely to have my own room for a few days! Thank you for your help with everything :)

Very good place to stay, friendly staff ( they explain everything for you about the island, tell you good prices to pay to ride the tryc.). Perfect location, just 3 minutes walking to the main beach! Only the internet don't contribute at all!!

Really nice, small guest house run by a lovely British couple. Rooms are quite basic tho linen and towel are provided and there are also some shelfs and hangers to put your clothes so for 350 pesos I paid for a single room it's amazing value for money. Internet was very slow in the room and kept disconnecting all the time and even tho i closed the window I could hear very well a couple having fun every single evening in the room next to ;-) Owners very super friendly and i felt very safe there.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Poland

If you like to cook your own meals, this will be the right place for you, because there is a kitchen in the common area. Sometimes it was to loud there for me, when drunken party people came home during the night..... but in the end very good value for money in trafalgar cottages.

• 15th Jul 2014