Trafalgar Cottages Reviews

Trafalgar Cottages, Manggayad, Boracay Island, Philippines

Very basic, good for just sleeping. Cold water only, toilet doesn't flush [have to pour water]. Rooster doesn't shut up. Dog barks quite a bit. Excellent staff, gives amazing advice! Location is behind some tourist shops 5 min walk to the beach. It's a bit far from the nightlife, 20 min walk along the beach. but very close to the boats going for snorkeling, diving, tours, etc. Beds are usually queen sized and shared. lots of tree so it was cool and shaded.

Friendly Staff, good location at the main road between Station 2 and 3.

Was a delight to stay one more time at trafalga cottages. Owner very nice and helpful whit giving info about thing that you might have questions about during your stay and your departure back to caticlan/kalibo. Will for sure give this place as a tip for friends where to stay in boracay. They have a kitchen that you can cook your own food you bought at the market. For budget travellers thats a priceless option.

Pros: The staff is amazing - very friendly and helpful - one night the shower was especially busy and they went the extra mile to find an extra room with an available shower. My room and building were both clean and secure. Also - Hammocks. "Cons": ~5 min walk to station 3 beach (good for quiet), internet was a bit shaky at times, bathrooms are basic - but for the price, each of these "cons" is actually just as expected or better! I would recommend it as a great, budget option!

A nice place for budget goers. It is in station 3 near D " original " talipapa.

Great staff, great location, great place, great value for money. Would stay there again for sure

Thanks to Julia !!! Giving useful information and advise. I had a great time over there !

• 26th Feb 2014

We did enjoy our stay at Trafalgar Cottages. Julia and all of the staff were very helpful and friendly. It is very near the beach, just 5 mins walking through the market. We definitely will come back to stay here if we have a chance to visit Boracay again.

• 25th Feb 2014
  • Vietnam

A cheap place to stay adjacent to D Original Talipapa at station 3. As the other reviewers had mentioned, it is near the road and a 5 minute walk to the beach. Getting to the white beach requires walking though alleys that leads to Sands Hotel / La Isla Bonita Hotel. It was a far walk getting to station 2.

I really appreciated my stay at Trafalgar Cottages. Very simple but clean. Relatively quiet and very friendly atmosphere. Feel very safe although I never came back very late. The location is close to White Beach and to the main road. I walked every day to the windsurfing spot. A bit far but manageable

• 1st Feb 2014

The staff at the hostel were incredibly helpful and friendly - my friend and I had so many questions, and all of them were answered. The setting was peaceful and beautiful. The room was nice, but my major complaint is the beds. The mattresses were heavily used and caved in the middle and were very uncomfortable. I would also suggest a free water fountain of some kind. Overall we enjoyed our stay!

We had a great time at this hostel. It is very close to the beach and attached to a market for shopping pleasures. Definitely the best value for your money in the area. :)

These cottages are a relict of bygone times.It is backside of a cloth market. The with day and night active mosquitos infested rooms are very small and the bathroom even smaller and has a lot of wear.The wear out mattress, the bad cushioned pillows ,the noisy fan and the missing light switch near the bed (you have to go through the dark room in night to find the switch at the door) are a shame for 1300 P . Actually I got offers for better rooms for the same price or even cheaper from beachfront

Trafalgar is awesome!! It was super clean, and the staff was awesome. Lots of greenery around, and less than a five-minute walk to the best beach around. I styed in many places while I was in Boracay, because Trafalgar was booked up. Honestly, I preferred Trafalgar over all the other places, including the "resort" I stayed at.

• 23rd Jan 2014

I had an amazing time at Trafalgar. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Place was very clean and the other travelers were also really interesting and friendly. You can always find a card game and friendship in the common area and you might even find someone cooking and willing to share!

• 23rd Jan 2014

Though it's a few minutes walk from the beach, the place is gfor me. I will definitely book again If I go back to Boracay. This place suits if your a backpackers. I just hope that they can boost the WiFi connection.

Didn't like them violently hitting the dog after it got its chain caught on a plant, knocking it over, then dragging it by a chain. The deluxe room is not deluxe and was overpriced

• 4th Jan 2014

nice place almost in the center of Boracay, main road.Nice atmosphere, kind and fair stuff. Value for money is perfect !

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Russia

Staff was very welcoming and friendly. It was very well kept, with good wifi and a pretty great location being only a 5 minute walk to the beach and countless places to eat!

• 3rd Jan 2014

For a low budget trip, this is the best option you would have.

• 26th Dec 2013