Trafalgar Cottages Reviews

Trafalgar Cottages, Manggayad, Boracay Island, Philippines

The Hostel is really familar. The stuff is awesome. Everything is standard nothing special but for the price a really good deal.

Having just arrived in the Philipines for the first time i was delighted to find this small friendly haven amongst the bustle and hustle of Boracay. Able to get over the jetlag, find out many things from the friendly owners and staff, i was able to break myself in gently to life here. The description is accurate, the feel a bit like a small hamlet. I strongly recommend Trafalgar Cottages for meeting people and for having one's own space. ,,

• 7th Jun 2014

Great place to stay. Close to the beach, excellent host, nice and calm at station 3.

Would have given location a higher rating, but the neighbours have a very noisy rooster that starts going from 4am. Staff are excellent, so is the kitchen. Perfect for backpackers.

I am very happy of my stay in Trafalgar, the owners and staff are very welcoming and friendly, place is simple, looks nice and is clean, I really couldn't expect any better. Best value for money ever. To find the place the first time, just ask around, everybody knows where it is. Thanks Julia and Joel and the others.

Nice, basic hostel with a very helpful owner who can provide all of the info you need. Decent location within walking distance of everything. Definitely worth a stay if you are visiting Boracay on a budget!

Really friendly and helpful staff, especially Julia who was always around to answer questions and give travel advice. The staff cleaned regularly and it showed as the rooms and facilities were very clean. The outdoor communal/kitchen area was great for preparing food or just chatting with other guests. Really good value, I'd highly recommend Trafalgar.

Very basic, good for just sleeping. Cold water only, toilet doesn't flush [have to pour water]. Rooster doesn't shut up. Dog barks quite a bit. Excellent staff, gives amazing advice! Location is behind some tourist shops 5 min walk to the beach. It's a bit far from the nightlife, 20 min walk along the beach. but very close to the boats going for snorkeling, diving, tours, etc. Beds are usually queen sized and shared. lots of tree so it was cool and shaded.

Friendly Staff, good location at the main road between Station 2 and 3.

Was a delight to stay one more time at trafalga cottages. Owner very nice and helpful whit giving info about thing that you might have questions about during your stay and your departure back to caticlan/kalibo. Will for sure give this place as a tip for friends where to stay in boracay. They have a kitchen that you can cook your own food you bought at the market. For budget travellers thats a priceless option.

Pros: The staff is amazing - very friendly and helpful - one night the shower was especially busy and they went the extra mile to find an extra room with an available shower. My room and building were both clean and secure. Also - Hammocks. "Cons": ~5 min walk to station 3 beach (good for quiet), internet was a bit shaky at times, bathrooms are basic - but for the price, each of these "cons" is actually just as expected or better! I would recommend it as a great, budget option!

A nice place for budget goers. It is in station 3 near D " original " talipapa.

Great staff, great location, great place, great value for money. Would stay there again for sure

Thanks to Julia !!! Giving useful information and advise. I had a great time over there !

• 26th Feb 2014

We did enjoy our stay at Trafalgar Cottages. Julia and all of the staff were very helpful and friendly. It is very near the beach, just 5 mins walking through the market. We definitely will come back to stay here if we have a chance to visit Boracay again.

• 25th Feb 2014
  • Vietnam

A cheap place to stay adjacent to D Original Talipapa at station 3. As the other reviewers had mentioned, it is near the road and a 5 minute walk to the beach. Getting to the white beach requires walking though alleys that leads to Sands Hotel / La Isla Bonita Hotel. It was a far walk getting to station 2.

I really appreciated my stay at Trafalgar Cottages. Very simple but clean. Relatively quiet and very friendly atmosphere. Feel very safe although I never came back very late. The location is close to White Beach and to the main road. I walked every day to the windsurfing spot. A bit far but manageable

• 1st Feb 2014

The staff at the hostel were incredibly helpful and friendly - my friend and I had so many questions, and all of them were answered. The setting was peaceful and beautiful. The room was nice, but my major complaint is the beds. The mattresses were heavily used and caved in the middle and were very uncomfortable. I would also suggest a free water fountain of some kind. Overall we enjoyed our stay!

We had a great time at this hostel. It is very close to the beach and attached to a market for shopping pleasures. Definitely the best value for your money in the area. :)

View all Boracay Island Hostels