Train Station Hostel Reviews

Piazzale Mezzacapo, 10, Venice Mestre, Italy

Generally, the hostel is very good for €16 per night; unlike other commercial hostel, it's more like a family hostel. The location of the hostel was great, it is only 10 mins walk from the Mestre train station. Besides that, the staffs were good and polite! This hostel is definitely worth for a stop if you can't afford the hostels in the island!

Don't come here. The showers are disgusting. I shortened my stay and didn't even shower because I felt like if I did I would be more dirty.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Friendly mama staff although she don't speak English..

My bed broke while I was sleeping! :(

Great value for the money you pay. If you can't afford paying a hotel in Venice the island, this is a very good cheap and clean option. Nothing bad to say about the hostel or the staff. Plus, it's really close to the train station. I highly recommend it.

Security - sometimes the main door and the front door were left open. The doors to the rooms do not have locks. Only rooms have lockers Staff - Nice lady but did not speak any English and would leave the hostel around 9 pm and come back at random times. Cleanliness - washrooms were constantly flooded with water because the shower was in the area as the toilet/sink and only separated by curtain Facilities - nothing there except WIFI. No access to kitchen

The reception cannot speak English!!! And the facilities are poor.

The main problem is the reception can not speak English. BTW it doesn't have 24-hour reception, so need to concern the time of check-in. We couldn't get in the hostel at the first night for this reason and the hostel asked us to also pay for the first night at first :(

It was a quiet place and good location. The bus that goes to Venice is near the hostel. It was definitely a good choice.

A fine comfortable place to stop for a nice warm bed, but that's all. Not really the type of hostel where you "hang out and have a good time" but it's close to the train station and there's some pizza places down the road as well as a bank and tobacco, so what more could you need :) I stopped here on my way to Venice and it was ideal. I could have easily stayed for the entirety of my Venice visit as it's just a 10 minute train ride or you can take the bus to and from the island as well.

View all Venice Mestre Bed and Breakfasts