Train Station Hostel Reviews

Piazzale Mezzacapo, 10, Venice Mestre, Italy

Reception is between 15:00 and 20:00. We arrived at 15:00 and we were in our room at 15:15 :)

So as long as you manage your expectations it is a good place. Everything looks clean enough and the area has a quite good access to Venice. The only problem are that they don't really have a reception so you need to arrive on their schedule for Check In and get the key or you stay outside. Also there is no Kitchen, only a microwave (Considering the price range you are searching I presume it would be nice for you to have a place where to cook). The area looks a bit sketchy but it was ok.

This isn't really a hostel but a series of 2 bedroom apartments which was good for my partner and I as we both stayed in single beds in the one room but could be a bit uncomfortable for a solo traveller! Also the lady barely speaks English so it's hard to communicate! Close to the train station though so it only takes 10minutes to get to Venice S.L

The Train Station Hostel was clean, convenient and exactly what I wanted. The value for money was great as the bathrooms were clean, the rooms were cosy with heaters installed for cold nights. I only stayed one night on a layover but I thought it was great. I think the only downfall was originally finding the place as there is no signs out the front and it was part of an apartment building where other locals lived.

NEVER BOOKED HERE !!!! the staff does not speak English, my key has disappeared mysteriously just after the departure of the receptionist, forcing to pay € 40 and to climb through the window to enter and out in two days, the wifi does not work, the shower was dirty , garbage bag in the corridor, after four months of traveling the worst stay in hostel I've done NE JAMAIS RÉSERVER ICI JAMAIS !!!!!!

• 9th Oct 2015

You lost the keys that we gave you ! This is a big problem, because we had to change two locks (main building door + room door) in order to avoid that someone can find the Keys in the street and can come inside without control This would be dangerous for our guests. This change of lock costed us more than 40 euros, of course, but we tried to find a "friendly" solution, but it seems you won't to admit your fault !

Very quiet, just a few minutes walk from the station, this place is basic but clean and managed by very friendly and helpful people. I'm returning in a couple of weeks for two more nights.

Let's start with positive things:Price is definitely the best you will find in the area.You will book a five place dorm but in reality you'll be in a flat with two double rooms and one single room so in fact you'll be sleeping in double room.This can be cool or bad,it's up to people's behaviour.For me was cool,because i was in a single room for 3 nights.Bad things?no lockers in the room and no key for your room!Position is fair, close to bus stop, which takes you to Venice in 15 min.

• 30th Sep 2015

They never opened the door, DO NOT BOOK this hostel unless you want to make a charitable donation, it is one step removed from theft in terms of the non refundable deposit

In the booking site it is clearly stated that check-in is beween 15.00 and 20.00 hrs. If you were not happy with this, you did not have to book us. When you come outside check-in time, nobody is there, since all our clients are pèrovided with personal keys to get in whenever they like !!! The deposit you paid is not to us, but to the booking site. On the contrary, we kept the bed for you and, since you did not check-in, the bed remained empty !!!

I was arriving late, I called the reception (borrowed the phone) and asked them to wait for me for 30 minutes. They asked 7 euros (!) for that, I had to agree. But when I arrived at the hostel, no one was there and it was locked. I knocked the door and rang the bell for 30 minutes, but no one came :( Had to walk in night in the streets and look for another accommodation...

Nobody was there because you arrived much later than the agreed time !!!!!! We have been waited for you longer than 2 hours, but you did not arrived before 10.00 pm !!!!!

I stayed only one night, and it was perfect! Although one woman on the staff cannot speak any English, the man is incredibly helpful- they let me check in early since I arrived in town earlier than expected. Keep in mind there is no kitchen, and the staff is only there about twice a day for a few hours. Very close to the train station for way access to the island of Venice. Perfect for a one or two night stay

The owner of this little apartment was quite nice, it was a little difficult to find but for the price that we paid I highly recommend it!

I sat in front of the hostel for 2 hours waiting for someone to let me in ... Their was a number to call but as I am not from Europe or have a international phone I could not call and had to ask people to use their phones

In the reservation site, it is clearly stated that chewck-in is between 15.00 and 20.00. Our rate is the lowest in the market just because we have a small staff, therefore we have a restricted check-in time. Once you chewck-in, you are provided with keys to enter whenever you like. All this allow our Guests to sleep for such low prices

Comfortable beds, but there is no AC. Also I got so many mosquito bites it looked like I had chicken pox. Other than that, the staff is great and it is only a 4 minute walk from the Venezia Mestre train station.

View all Venice Mestre Bed and Breakfasts