Train Station Hostel Reviews

Piazzale Mezzacapo, 10, Venice Mestre, Italy

Very quiet, just a few minutes walk from the station, this place is basic but clean and managed by very friendly and helpful people. I'm returning in a couple of weeks for two more nights.

Let's start with positive things:Price is definitely the best you will find in the area.You will book a five place dorm but in reality you'll be in a flat with two double rooms and one single room so in fact you'll be sleeping in double room.This can be cool or bad,it's up to people's behaviour.For me was cool,because i was in a single room for 3 nights.Bad things?no lockers in the room and no key for your room!Position is fair, close to bus stop, which takes you to Venice in 15 min.

• 30th Sep 2015

They never opened the door, DO NOT BOOK this hostel unless you want to make a charitable donation, it is one step removed from theft in terms of the non refundable deposit

In the booking site it is clearly stated that check-in is beween 15.00 and 20.00 hrs. If you were not happy with this, you did not have to book us. When you come outside check-in time, nobody is there, since all our clients are pèrovided with personal keys to get in whenever they like !!! The deposit you paid is not to us, but to the booking site. On the contrary, we kept the bed for you and, since you did not check-in, the bed remained empty !!!

I was arriving late, I called the reception (borrowed the phone) and asked them to wait for me for 30 minutes. They asked 7 euros (!) for that, I had to agree. But when I arrived at the hostel, no one was there and it was locked. I knocked the door and rang the bell for 30 minutes, but no one came :( Had to walk in night in the streets and look for another accommodation...

Nobody was there because you arrived much later than the agreed time !!!!!! We have been waited for you longer than 2 hours, but you did not arrived before 10.00 pm !!!!!

I stayed only one night, and it was perfect! Although one woman on the staff cannot speak any English, the man is incredibly helpful- they let me check in early since I arrived in town earlier than expected. Keep in mind there is no kitchen, and the staff is only there about twice a day for a few hours. Very close to the train station for way access to the island of Venice. Perfect for a one or two night stay

The owner of this little apartment was quite nice, it was a little difficult to find but for the price that we paid I highly recommend it!

I sat in front of the hostel for 2 hours waiting for someone to let me in ... Their was a number to call but as I am not from Europe or have a international phone I could not call and had to ask people to use their phones

In the reservation site, it is clearly stated that chewck-in is between 15.00 and 20.00. Our rate is the lowest in the market just because we have a small staff, therefore we have a restricted check-in time. Once you chewck-in, you are provided with keys to enter whenever you like. All this allow our Guests to sleep for such low prices

Comfortable beds, but there is no AC. Also I got so many mosquito bites it looked like I had chicken pox. Other than that, the staff is great and it is only a 4 minute walk from the Venezia Mestre train station.

View all Venice Mestre Bed and Breakfasts