Train Station Hostel

6.5
Good 116 Total Reviews

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
10th Jul 2017

My 3 friends and I stayed at this hostel for 3 nights and we have no complaints! It is clean, the cupboards lock so you can leave your stuff, and the host is friendly. Short walk from the bus station so you can easily get to the island. Also a short walk from a Lidl grocery store and a laundry mat. Bathrooms were clean. Doors to the apartment itself lock but individual rooms don't. No frills is right, but it's a great bang for your bucK.

• England, Female, 18-24
6th May 2017
2.0

Please avoid for your own safety. I'm a solo female traveller and I've been around the world and never walked out of a hostel until i came across here. The room did not lock, and there was a room full of men across the hall. When I asked the woman owner if it locked she grunted at me and said you do not need to. To top it off the room smelled of damp and it was freezing cold even with a duvet. It's only manned from 2-6pm so if there was any trouble you would be stranded. Please stay away.

• Portugal, Male, 31-40
29th Apr 2017
5.1

The day before received a call warning that I had to be there until 6PM or else no one would open the door for me. Already had received an email saying the same. I realized that the woman who received me was actually living there and stayed even after I left in the afternoon. It was like a family home. I had in the bedroom a guy who seemed to be a permanent resident; at 6 PM he was laying in bed in pajamas with a box of croissants and a pack of beer besides him, he smoked at the bedroom window..

• Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
17th Apr 2017
5.4

Good for a cheap night's sleep, only if you don't mind sleeping in a room with mouldy walls. If you're not tight on money, there is definitely somewhere better and closer for a little extra.

• USA, Female, 18-24
9th Apr 2017
6.0

I arrived before the set check in time & the manager gave me a LOT of attitude for doing that. They're not friendly. Confused as to why anyone would get in the service industry if they hate servicing others? Nice location (train station, bus stop, & Lidl are all within 5-10 min walk). Very small (only 12 beds in the whole hostel), so if you're traveling alone, you might not meet people. No kitchen, but a fridge & microwave. No on-duty security. Definitely not kidding when they say "no frills."