Tram Stop 14 Backpackers Reviews

151-153 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia

Excellent location. Comfortable rooms. Systems in place. Thanks Joan and Evan.

Location is everything, and we are in an excellent location. We're glad that you found your room comfortable and were happy with our systems. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

good facility for the money, good security and clean bathrooms/showers. kitchen was a bit lacking, and rules are unrealistic to be followed by guests.

• 27th Jan 2016
  • ZACKGUTCHES

Every hostel has rules and ours are not at all unrealistic; they're just good commonsense rules and not hard to follow. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

Gret location, very clean and relaxed atmosphere with a nice living area! Pretty quiet during the day as lots of people are working. Would definitely stay there again!

Myself and 2 friends stayed here for 2 night as we were visiting Melbourne for the tennis. I was pleasantly surprised when we had a 3 bed room even though i'd booked in a 4 bed dorm. The facilities were great and the tram stop was very convenient! I'll definitely stay here again on my next trip to Melbourne and i've already recommended it to overseas friends!

We, and our residents, are lucky to have a hostel with a tram running right past our door, and you can be in the city in five minutes, or ten minutes if you prefer to walk. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

Lovely staff. Most people are working though so not great place to meet new people if your not working. The tram is really useful but you do have to pay until the free zone. Facilities are great and is always clean. Would definitely recommend.

We try hard to make sure our facilities are clean always. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

Amazing time in Tram Stop 14!! The atmosphere was amazing and it was such a great community feeling, I wish I could have stayed longer. I recommend this hostel to any travelers to Melbourne! The staff were very friendly and accommodating, wifi was included, and everything was very organized and prompt!

We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel and that you felt part of our hostel's community atmosphere. Thank you for your review.

Lovely, accommodating host who put me up in my bed (in a cooler room on a 39* day!), even though I had arrived early and was expecting to dump my stuff and meander for the afternoon. Great bathrooms, comfy bed, didn't use the kitchen or chill out spaces but they looked friendly and accommodating. Hostel had a Big Ol' Family type feel and would stay here again

Nothing nicer that a cool room on a very hot day. A small hostel such as ours can have a "Big Ol' Family atmosphere, which is nice to hear. Thank you for your review.

Make sure you get decent roommates. They really can make or break your experience at this hostel. The location of the hostel is great. It's within walking distance to several trams, bars, stores, etc. I have to admit staying at this hostel would have been a pleasant experience if it weren't for my roommates. Hostel location and staff get 5 stars.

We hope that all our residents are getting along with each other all the time, but sometimes it just doesn't happen, and we're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your room mates during your stay in our hostel. Thank you for your review.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hostel, it was the first hostel I've been to where the showers were good quality! The owner Evan was very accommodating with letting me leave my back securely in his office for the day when I was out for the day. Evan and his wife put a lot of effort into running the hostel smoothly and efficiently, and that they do! I'd definitely recommend, thank you,

We do try hard to maintain clean surroundings for our residents, and very nice to know that our efforts are appreciated. Thank you for your review.

Besides the great stay we had, we unfortunately encountered some personal troubles during our holiday, and Joan and Evan really helped us out solving these!! So thankful it all worked out in the end.

• 11th Dec 2015

We hope things are better now. Thank you for your review.

They put me in a 8 bedroom after I booked for a 4 bedroom. Other than that.. It was mediocre. Lots of backpackers. Fun people. They need to turn on te AC as it gets boiling hot. Some new couches too

• 3rd Dec 2015

We do try to make sure people get the room they have booked, but sometimes it is unavoidable that they will be allocated to another room. We're sorry about that. We're anything but mediocre and you will find lots of backpackers in a backpackers' hostel, and we like them to have fun. We're working on getting new couches.

Nice small hostel, friendly atmosphere, clean facilities with decent kitchen. Would have stayed longer if it wasn't fully booked.

We aim to always provide clean accommodation and put a lot of effort into making sure that our hostel is clean with decent facilities. Sorry we couldn't accommodate you for a longer time. Thank you for your review.

quite, small, clean

Well located in Fitzroy, clean and good facilities including a kitchen. Best suited for long term stays.

Our location is one of our main strengths, and providing good and clean facilities is always a priority for us. Thank you for your review.

The security was pretty good! Can only enter the actual hostel via keypad at the front door. The beds were really comfy and the showers were amazing and clean!! The hostel just has a nice chilled out vibe about it, a handy place that only a tram away from the CBD. I would stay here again :)

• 1st Nov 2015
  • Scotland

We know that security is important for all travellers, and clean facilities also. Thank you for your review.

Not a bad atmosphere - the long term residents were nice. Their parties outside the dorm window were a little bit grating - not the music, but some of the loud voices. The bathrooms/toilets were very clean - much appreciated! My only criticism is - please change the tea towels everyday. oh and the upstairs lounges were a bit festy. Towel and crockery also appreciated - but was impossible to dry the crockery without a decent tea towel. Great location. oh and the beds/linen were comfortable too.

• 22nd Oct 2015

I can't recommend this place enough, everything works, ample storage space for food and luggage, wifi etc. Book well in advance to avoid disappointment.

Great hostel, maybe not the best for travellers staying for 1-2 nights, but a week or long term workers it's perfect. Tucked away in amazing Fitzroy, and great people staying here. Owner is very helpful aswell!