Tram Stop 14 Backpackers Reviews

151-153 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia

No facilities. (things to do) Cold rooms. (Not even a single room to find at the property with heat installed).

• 31st May 2015
  • Denmark

A really great hostel in a great neighborhood. Almost all the guests here are long timers working on visas, which often leads to an unwelcome environment, but the staff were great at introducing me to everyone, and the set up is very conducive to meeting people. Also great that wireless is free, which I found rare across Australian hostels. For sure worth a visit.

We're happy that you felt welcome in our hostel. Our set-up is very conducive to meeting everyone who lives in the hostel. Thank you for your review.

The kitchen could do with being a bit bigger (especially - get a second water tap/sink in there so that someone can fill a pot while another person does their dishes). And put a buzzer or something on the door so that one could potentially check in for the first time if their mobile phone is dead... I had a working mobile phone, but couldn't get a hold of anyone for 20 minutes, finally getting let in by a guest. Once I was checked in, the place was great, but that check in process needs work.

Best backpackers I've stayed at! People there were such a good time and the location is perfect, right in the heart of Fitzroy.

• 27th Mar 2015

We're happy you enjoyed your time in our hostel and in Fitzroy. Thank you for your review.

I booked this place because it advertised free wifi, but the connection was very poor. Thankfully, the signal from the cafe next door worked in the room as well. Aside from that issue, this place is run by a lovely husband/wife team who seem friendly and more than happy to help out. Most of the other guests are long-term residents, but all nice. Location is okay, close to the free tram. The kitchen and rooms are nice and I really wanted to steal the big fluffy blankets and nice-smelling towels!

We are looking at ways of improving our wifi connection. Thank you for your review.

Not too crowded, perfect location north of the city center at Brunswick street! A lot of live music! It's like a little family there! Great value for long term stay!

Thank you for your review of our hostel.

great hostel, the room is facing the road so it's a bit noisy at night. but very nice and clean, friendly staff.

Thank you for your review of our hostel.

Good location (easy walk to the CBD and in lively Fitzroy), nice atmosphere, and we didn't have to make the beds ourselves. The only annoying thing is the owners are not around all the time so it's better go check with them about your check in / out times.

Really friendly, helpful staff and lovely bunch of welcoming guests. Super social, very clean and located in a really cool area. Lots of working holiday long time guests.

Great, laid back place with awesome people staying there and very nice staff. I would an probably will stay here again

• 23rd Feb 2015

We look forward to having you in the hostel again. Thank you for your review.

Can't fault the hostel for inconsiderate behaviour by other guests; they do remind everyone to be considerate. Kitchen was great for self catering. Room was hot even with fan but it's summer after all. Bathrooms brand new, good shower. Location totally fantastic.

• 20th Feb 2015

It was a pleasure to have you stay in our hostel. Thank you for your review.

Good beds, clean although very bare rooms. Great location

Small party hostel with no lockers, not much space for luggage. Hang-out area outside of bedroom, so noisy at times. Some guy lit a joint in my room. Smell of it all around hostel. Area didn't feel safe and too far from city. There are better hostels around melbourne in my opinion.

We have lots of storage space in the rooms for guests luggage etc and fortunately we are only a 10 minute walk from the city centre and only a 10 minute tram ride also. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

Really great hostel! Nice and secure, within a great location in Melbourne, close to the city and right in the heart of Brunswick st. Family run, all very helpful, accommodating and friendly. Great atmosphere too, fun when you want to have fun and quiet when you want to sleep and chill. Internet can be slow at peak times, but that is overshadowed by the newly renovated and clean rooms with beds are made for you when you arrive - bonus! Thanks for a great stay!

Our location is ideal if you want to either walk into the city in 10 minutes, or catch one of the trams that go past the hostel. We're glad that you enjoy your stay in our hostel. Thank you for your review.

Really good location. Lot of people staying long term, all really friendly. Kitchen is tiny and common area very uncomfortable outdoorsy area where you can smoke (also weed...), which I found disturbing.

We are in a great location and try to maintain a friendly atmosphere for all our guests. Thank you for your review.

Very Clean and well located backpacker. Also is small so is kind of familiar so is a quiet environment. Is a place to stay if you are not crazy young, party person. The installations are new, and the couple that manage it is very very nice. I recommend for 30s or couples. People who love good restaurant and concerts, the area around is so beautifull.

Our great location is one of our main strengths, also our size, which enables us to maintain a familiar and quiet environment. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for your review.

Thank all of staffs for your kindness all the time during my 5 days. I was really great to stay with them, especially owner and his wife. During my stay, everything would be perfect for their guests and I saw them doing their best for themselves very much. Most guests enjoyed themselves very much.

We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you in our hostel.