Tram Stop 14 Backpackers

Very Good 198 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 31-40
2nd Jan 2017
3.1

You are provided with two keys which is not necessary,the front door is coded and the bedrooms are never locked. The only key required is to lock food away in the kitchen,which seems pointless if you can't lock your room,they then charge $25 if you loose a key for which you don't even need! The rooms are small and smelly. I did not enjoy my stay and was glad to be leaving.

Because our residents are all adults it's entirely up to them whether or not they use the keys that are provided to them upon check-in. We don't stand over our residents to make sure they are following all the rules all the time. You were more than welcome to lock your room door at any time during your stay in our hostel and all hostels charge for lost keys. We apologise if the room was smelly, but it's certainly not a small room you were in. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• China, Female, 25-30
30th Dec 2016

Met a bunch of nice people there over my 2 day stay. Nick has been a most helpful staff who's always there. The place is not difficult to find at all. Only the door -- the main entrance on Hanover St is a bit small and might be overlooked. The showers were all clean. I had to live with 2 guys so my room was a little messy haha. But really, nothing bothered me. Will definitely recommend it to everyone I know.

We find that being a small hostel where space is at a premium, residents do get to know each other pretty quickly and are always happy to welcome a new face on the premises. Our showers and toilets are cleaned every day. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your review of our hostel.

30th Dec 2016
6.0

A very cramped hostel full of long term backpackers, none of the hostel rules are enforced or respected by these people. Rooms are an absolute mess with people's belongings spread all over the floor. No surprise this hostel has mice, that come out at night whilst you watch tv. My experience with mice is that if they are not scared of you, then there are a lot of them. No prevention seemed to be in place. Staff only said hello when checking out. Disappointed for the money spent. Location was ok..

Management can not be responsible for the cleanliness or otherwise of residents. To achieve this management would have to hassle residents every single day of the year, then we would get reviews about how we are constantly nagging our guests. Don't know about your theory on mice not being scared, and if we did not say hello to you when you checked in we are sorry about that. For the money you spent you got very good value with free Wifi, secure kitchen locker, large room locker, clean toilets and showers, great company. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

28th Dec 2016
7.7

Very odd setup. But did what it needed to do. Wasn't so bad but had an odd vibe to it.

We don't try to orchestrate a certain type of vibe in our hostel. The vibe will set itself which it does, and it's eclectic more than odd. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

24th Nov 2016

I really felt warmly welcomed into Melbourne. Great staff, amazing location (Fitzroy is my favorite), the security, and the friendly long-termers that I've met. I tried to stay longer but they were fully booked. Stay here for your first few days - especially if you're planning on spending a few months in Melbourne, this is a great base. Thanks guys!

Very sorry we could not accommodate you for longer. Our long-term residents are very welcoming to all new residents, and a lot of residents do stay longer because our our great location. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• Australia, Male, 41+
24th Oct 2016

Tramstop 14 has a family atmosphere. Evan, Joan & Nick, who look after TS14 show a genuine care and love, not only for the residence, but also for those who stay there. Thanks to the above, as well as Daniel, and all who allowed me to share Dorm#1 with them.

Our hostel does have a family feel about it and we want the best we can offer to our guests. Glad to be of service to you again and thank you for your review of our hostel.

• Australia, Male, 41+
3rd Oct 2016

One of the best B/Ps I have been in.. Owners and management show a genuine interest in your comfort . Small number of dorms, but very spacious and comfortable. Each bed has its own locker space. Thanks Evan, Daniel and all my room mates for making me feel welcome. Cheers!

We want all our residents, new and long-termers, to be as comfortable as they can be with what we have to offer them. Our rooms are spacious, which is what you would expect in a building as old as ours. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• England, Male, 18-24
30th Sep 2016

Cool little place, lovely people, great location

We are a no frills, unpretentious little backpackers, no bells and whistles, ideally located on Brunswick Street. Our residents definitely give the hostel its "cool" vibe. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
23rd Sep 2016

Great little spot. Cleaned daily with wifi and close to everything. Owners friendly and also all the other people staying there. Had a great stay!

We are indeed in a "great little spot", and close to everything today's travellers are wanting, cafes, bars, parks, gardens; the list is endless. Our aim is to provide clean and affordable, inner-city accommodation for all our customers. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• Spain, Female, 31-40
23rd Aug 2016
6.0

Location is good becaise is Fitzroy although is far from city center. The building is very old and that makes everything look dirty and poor. There were many host that live there for long periods so rooms can be quite messy. I couldn't say I had a unpleasant stay however, I didn't like the atmosphere and staff is not and kind as they use to be in Australia I couldn't say I had a unpleasant stay however, I didn't like the atmosphere and staff is not and kind as they use to be in Australia I

We're not far from the city centre, in fact we are one of the closest hostels to the city and only a 15 minute walk to the city centre and 5 minutes by tram. The building is very old, as are most of the buildings in Fitzroy, but dirty and poor it definitely is not. The staff are kind and helpful to all their residents, no matter where they come from, if they stay for one night, or for several months. Thank you for your review of our hostel.