8.0
Fabulous 184 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 184 Total Reviews
Tram Stop 14 Backpackers Located at 151-153 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne.
Australia
Melbourne Victoria 3065 151-153 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy
80% 184
-37.8029709 144.9776280
    Rooms available

24th Nov 2016

I really felt warmly welcomed into Melbourne. Great staff, amazing location (Fitzroy is my favorite), the security, and the friendly long-termers that I've met. I tried to stay longer but they were fully booked. Stay here for your first few days - especially if you're planning on spending a few months in Melbourne, this is a great base. Thanks guys!

Very sorry we could not accommodate you for longer. Our long-term residents are very welcoming to all new residents, and a lot of residents do stay longer because our our great location. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• Australia, Male, 41+
24th Oct 2016

Tramstop 14 has a family atmosphere. Evan, Joan & Nick, who look after TS14 show a genuine care and love, not only for the residence, but also for those who stay there. Thanks to the above, as well as Daniel, and all who allowed me to share Dorm#1 with them.

Our hostel does have a family feel about it and we want the best we can offer to our guests. Glad to be of service to you again and thank you for your review of our hostel.

• Australia, Male, 41+
3rd Oct 2016

One of the best B/Ps I have been in.. Owners and management show a genuine interest in your comfort . Small number of dorms, but very spacious and comfortable. Each bed has its own locker space. Thanks Evan, Daniel and all my room mates for making me feel welcome. Cheers!

We want all our residents, new and long-termers, to be as comfortable as they can be with what we have to offer them. Our rooms are spacious, which is what you would expect in a building as old as ours. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• England, Male, 18-24
30th Sep 2016

Cool little place, lovely people, great location

We are a no frills, unpretentious little backpackers, no bells and whistles, ideally located on Brunswick Street. Our residents definitely give the hostel its "cool" vibe. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
23rd Sep 2016

Great little spot. Cleaned daily with wifi and close to everything. Owners friendly and also all the other people staying there. Had a great stay!

We are indeed in a "great little spot", and close to everything today's travellers are wanting, cafes, bars, parks, gardens; the list is endless. Our aim is to provide clean and affordable, inner-city accommodation for all our customers. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• Spain, Female, 31-40
23rd Aug 2016
6.0

Location is good becaise is Fitzroy although is far from city center. The building is very old and that makes everything look dirty and poor. There were many host that live there for long periods so rooms can be quite messy. I couldn't say I had a unpleasant stay however, I didn't like the atmosphere and staff is not and kind as they use to be in Australia I couldn't say I had a unpleasant stay however, I didn't like the atmosphere and staff is not and kind as they use to be in Australia I

We're not far from the city centre, in fact we are one of the closest hostels to the city and only a 15 minute walk to the city centre and 5 minutes by tram. The building is very old, as are most of the buildings in Fitzroy, but dirty and poor it definitely is not. The staff are kind and helpful to all their residents, no matter where they come from, if they stay for one night, or for several months. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2016

The staff were really nice and accomodating and let me check in a bit early. Lots of long termers staying there which is a problem for some people who are only there for a couple of days but everyone seemed friendly! Good location, in a really cool suburb. Very clean, great showers. The rooms are really cold but they provide thick covers and a towel.

We try hard to keep the hostel clean and our showers are roomy and have very good water pressure. The rooms are heated from the evening until well into the night. Our upstairs lounge/balcony is heated throughout the day in winter. Our long-termers are all friendly people who are always happy to see a new face in the hostel. Thank you for your review.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016

My stay at Tramstop 14 was a nice one. I was impressed with the amount of storage for luggage, the cleanliness of the room and also the bathrooms. I didn't spend time in the communal areas but it looked like it was used often. The only issue was that my room was right next to the lounge room - and the guests decided to put a movie on full volume at 9am. But other than that, a really positive stay there. Would I stay there again and recommend it? Absolutely.

All our rooms have ample storage for residents' luggage and belongings. We are working to reduce the noise of the television on nearby rooms. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your review.

• South Korea, Mixed Group, 18-24
25th Jun 2016
7.7

Super clean hostel I would say. But it was so cold in the hostel, especially in the shared bathroom... My feet were freezing cold due to the cold wind coming in under the bathroom door and the room i was staying at was quite chilly as well. If you are a light sleeper, abd sensitive to being cold it is not the best place to stay.. The manager and staff members are really nice though. Pros: location, clean Cons: loud, noisy (from trams, laundromat downstairs), cold, weed smokers, thin walls

Don't know why you were cold, all our rooms are heated, and the outdoor balcony is heated during the day and well into the evening during the winter months. Thank you for staying with us and for your review of our hostel.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Jun 2016

Clean, secure and good atmosphere. Fitzroy is an awesome area of Melb with lots of brunch cafes, community markets, vintage clothing stores and trendy bars.

We believe it is our residents who set the standard for the atmosphere in our hostel, and it is always positive. Thank you for your review of our hostel.