Tram Stop 14 Backpackers Reviews

151-153 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia

great hostel, the room is facing the road so it's a bit noisy at night. but very nice and clean, friendly staff.

Good location (easy walk to the CBD and in lively Fitzroy), nice atmosphere, and we didn't have to make the beds ourselves. The only annoying thing is the owners are not around all the time so it's better go check with them about your check in / out times.

Really friendly, helpful staff and lovely bunch of welcoming guests. Super social, very clean and located in a really cool area. Lots of working holiday long time guests.

Great, laid back place with awesome people staying there and very nice staff. I would an probably will stay here again

• 23rd Feb 2015

We look forward to having you in the hostel again. Thank you for your review.

Can't fault the hostel for inconsiderate behaviour by other guests; they do remind everyone to be considerate. Kitchen was great for self catering. Room was hot even with fan but it's summer after all. Bathrooms brand new, good shower. Location totally fantastic.

• 20th Feb 2015

It was a pleasure to have you stay in our hostel. Thank you for your review.

Good beds, clean although very bare rooms. Great location

Small party hostel with no lockers, not much space for luggage. Hang-out area outside of bedroom, so noisy at times. Some guy lit a joint in my room. Smell of it all around hostel. Area didn't feel safe and too far from city. There are better hostels around melbourne in my opinion.

We have lots of storage space in the rooms for guests luggage etc and fortunately we are only a 10 minute walk from the city centre and only a 10 minute tram ride also. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

Really great hostel! Nice and secure, within a great location in Melbourne, close to the city and right in the heart of Brunswick st. Family run, all very helpful, accommodating and friendly. Great atmosphere too, fun when you want to have fun and quiet when you want to sleep and chill. Internet can be slow at peak times, but that is overshadowed by the newly renovated and clean rooms with beds are made for you when you arrive - bonus! Thanks for a great stay!

Our location is ideal if you want to either walk into the city in 10 minutes, or catch one of the trams that go past the hostel. We're glad that you enjoy your stay in our hostel. Thank you for your review.

Really good location. Lot of people staying long term, all really friendly. Kitchen is tiny and common area very uncomfortable outdoorsy area where you can smoke (also weed...), which I found disturbing.

We are in a great location and try to maintain a friendly atmosphere for all our guests. Thank you for your review.

Very Clean and well located backpacker. Also is small so is kind of familiar so is a quiet environment. Is a place to stay if you are not crazy young, party person. The installations are new, and the couple that manage it is very very nice. I recommend for 30s or couples. People who love good restaurant and concerts, the area around is so beautifull.

Our great location is one of our main strengths, also our size, which enables us to maintain a familiar and quiet environment. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for your review.

Thank all of staffs for your kindness all the time during my 5 days. I was really great to stay with them, especially owner and his wife. During my stay, everything would be perfect for their guests and I saw them doing their best for themselves very much. Most guests enjoyed themselves very much.

We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you in our hostel.

Best location of the three hostels I have stayed at in Melbourne. A short walk to both the CBD free tram zone and independent restaurants/bars/shops of Fitzroy. Really enjoyed the small hostel (approx. 40 beds) feel environment with a steady group of long-term Working Holiday backpackers. The large dorm was messy but smaller dorms were tidy/clean. Good value for money considering how expensive Melbourne hostels are. Thanks for letting me ship a couple of packages to the hostel :)

Just beside tram station and fairly near to attractions (esp Carlton Gardens) and supermarkets. Staff is friendly and helpful. However, while there are lots of notices asking people to keep quiet at night, the hostel can be a bit noisy at times.

Great hostel, lots of people staying here long term which is great if youre doing the same and even if your only staying a short while everyone here knows about Fitzroy and Melbourne. Highly recommend

• 4th Dec 2014

Very personal hostel, small and everyone is very friendly. free wifi and good facilities. only drawback was the trams that go past all night outside the front dorm room which i was in. but a good pair of heaphones would block that out!

The trams can be a problem for some residents. Thank you for staying with and for your review of our hostel.

The husband and wife owners are great! But this hostel is filled with long-stay people only. If you're a backpacker wanting to meet other travellers, like I was, do what the owner said to me and stay in the big hostels because you won't find that here. If you are working and living in Melbourne this is the place for you.

I stayed in this little hostel for one week and had such an awesome time! Fitzroy is the place to be and Tramstop 14 was one of the best backpackers I've ever stayed! The owners are so cool and caring! O for Awesome!

We're so happy that you enjoyed staying with us in Fitzroy. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

My favourite hostel in Australia so far, the owners are so helpful, the beds are really comfy plus great showers, and the location is amazing! Great atmosphere in the hostel, and everyone is super friendly, its a bit smaller than most hostels so you get to know everyone really well. Great, relaxed feel, with super cool Brunswick St on your doorstep!

We very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your great review of our hostel.