7.8
Very Good 177 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 177 Total Reviews
Tram Stop 14 Backpackers Located at 151-153 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne.
Australia
Melbourne Victoria 3065 151-153 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy
78% 177
-37.8029709 144.9776280
    Rooms available

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
23rd Sep 2016

Great little spot. Cleaned daily with wifi and close to everything. Owners friendly and also all the other people staying there. Had a great stay!

• Spain, Female, 31-40
23rd Aug 2016
6.0

Location is good becaise is Fitzroy although is far from city center. The building is very old and that makes everything look dirty and poor. There were many host that live there for long periods so rooms can be quite messy. I couldn't say I had a unpleasant stay however, I didn't like the atmosphere and staff is not and kind as they use to be in Australia I couldn't say I had a unpleasant stay however, I didn't like the atmosphere and staff is not and kind as they use to be in Australia I

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2016

The staff were really nice and accomodating and let me check in a bit early. Lots of long termers staying there which is a problem for some people who are only there for a couple of days but everyone seemed friendly! Good location, in a really cool suburb. Very clean, great showers. The rooms are really cold but they provide thick covers and a towel.

We try hard to keep the hostel clean and our showers are roomy and have very good water pressure. The rooms are heated from the evening until well into the night. Our upstairs lounge/balcony is heated throughout the day in winter. Our long-termers are all friendly people who are always happy to see a new face in the hostel. Thank you for your review.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016

My stay at Tramstop 14 was a nice one. I was impressed with the amount of storage for luggage, the cleanliness of the room and also the bathrooms. I didn't spend time in the communal areas but it looked like it was used often. The only issue was that my room was right next to the lounge room - and the guests decided to put a movie on full volume at 9am. But other than that, a really positive stay there. Would I stay there again and recommend it? Absolutely.

All our rooms have ample storage for residents' luggage and belongings. We are working to reduce the noise of the television on nearby rooms. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your review.

• South Korea, Mixed Group, 18-24
25th Jun 2016
7.7

Super clean hostel I would say. But it was so cold in the hostel, especially in the shared bathroom... My feet were freezing cold due to the cold wind coming in under the bathroom door and the room i was staying at was quite chilly as well. If you are a light sleeper, abd sensitive to being cold it is not the best place to stay.. The manager and staff members are really nice though. Pros: location, clean Cons: loud, noisy (from trams, laundromat downstairs), cold, weed smokers, thin walls

Don't know why you were cold, all our rooms are heated, and the outdoor balcony is heated during the day and well into the evening during the winter months. Thank you for staying with us and for your review of our hostel.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Jun 2016

Clean, secure and good atmosphere. Fitzroy is an awesome area of Melb with lots of brunch cafes, community markets, vintage clothing stores and trendy bars.

We believe it is our residents who set the standard for the atmosphere in our hostel, and it is always positive. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• Brazil, Male, 31-40
10th Jun 2016
5.7

Hi! My first surprise was seeing great reviews on HW app that doesn't reflect reality (8.6 rating and "Fabulous", really?). Long story short, the hostel is just okay. It feels more like a shared house (it feels most of the people living there are long-term) than a hostel. There's a great crowd and the employees try to be useful. It also misses open spaces to socialize - a table at the corner of the backyard doesn't really count ;)

Our hostel is definitely not "just okay", in fact if it was "just okay" people would not stay but, people do come and they do stay because they like the shared house atmosphere, especially if they are working and don't want to keep moving around in the hope they will find suitable accommodation. We provide everything travellers need (except food) in a clean, safe and happy atmosphere; our residents make it work for them.

18th May 2016
6.3

The security is pretty good, coded front door and the rooms have locks with lockers. The facilities are pretty average, nothing to set the world alight, you share two showers and three toilets with a lot of people so get in queue early. The staff were not great on the whole, I arrived after 8pm and have to pay the $20 late fee which is extortionate. I did email ahead to say I would arrive at 22:00pm but I was not allowed off even though I did tell them I would arrive late so very poor of them.

Actually there are five toilets and four showers in the hostel, as well as a large, fully equipped kitchen, outdoor heating and lots more. The staff are wonderful and always ready to go that little bit extra for all residents. Thank you for staying at Tramstop 14 Backpackers.

6th May 2016

It is a nice hostel, close to the center with lovely atmosphere. Some people (long and short term were really cool). 4 bed dorms are nice with very comfy beds and wardrobe lockers, 10 bed where I stayed last night was a bit stinky. Was missing a knife or two in the kitchen and common "spices shelf" as in most of the hostels. Bathrooms were always clean. Recommended to anyone that is not into a party scene hostels - all the night life is just around the corner when needed :)!