Fabulous 251 Total Reviews
Fabulous 251 Total Reviews
Tranquil Lodge Located at 440 Manchester St, St Albans, Christchurch.
New Zealand
Christchurch Canterbury 8014 440 Manchester St, St Albans
80% 251
-43.5169375 172.6398468
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
25th Jul 2016

I arrived for check in at 1am to find the heater in my room was on so it was nice and toasty on a chilly winters night - much appreciated and made my short stay great.

23rd May 2016

We arrived late on a flight from Sydney and the lady that runs the hostel upgraded us from the dorm we paid for to a private room so we could settle in without worrying about being quiet. She dried our towels for free and stored our bags as we fetched our rental car the next day. Very friendly service.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Apr 2016

Awesome homey feel and very helpful staff! Gave lots of recommendations for things in the area. Comfy beds too!

8th Apr 2016
3.4

Taps have no handle, no soap in toilets, some doors had punches and the shower was trickling. Stayed one night, I would avoid. Plus it is quite far from bus drops

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
6th Apr 2016

Great stay, awesome host

• Austria, Male, 25-30
4th Apr 2016
8.0

Very nice hostel! The owner is very helpful and actually remembered me when I stayed there for a second time a month after my first visit. She's also known to spoil the guests with homemade dessert or dinner every now and then. Unfortunately no free Internet and the location is a bit of a drawback although there is a Domino's and a large supermarket nearby.

• England, Female, 31-40
28th Mar 2016
5.7

The staff member here was very lovely and helpful and the location is pretty okay however I really didn't like this place. I just found it really dull and dirty. It's like an old peoples home. It honestly is in need of some TLC. The duvets we had just felt old as did the mattresses and bunks. The room smelt of damp and the place overall had an odd smell. It felt very dirty to me although the place had been cleaned. I think it's just so old it can't look/feel clean. It's very dated.

• England, Female, 18-24
21st Mar 2016
6.6

The location wasn't the best (not very central) but it was quiet which was what I was looking for (getting up early) The lady working there was lovely - very friendly and helpful! The facilities weren't the greatest, the whole place felt a bit scruffy and somewhat rundown. The pressure in the shower was terrible. It wasn't the cleanest place either. But it's very cheap for Christchurch so I can't complain too much.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
16th Mar 2016

Owner was informative and friendly. I rated the atmosphere as 50/50 as a person who was in my room was inconsiderate and didn't know how to mind own business but besides that I liked that they're was no hidden costs involved to the stay and there was a communual kitchen and lounge which was good, decent showers and toilets and Free Wi-Fi which was good.

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
6th Mar 2016
7.7

Very helpful staff! But the kitchen was a bit dirty and crowded