Tranquility Angkor Guest House Reviews

Wat Bo Road, Wat Bo Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Booked a room for 2 nights: double bedroom with fan - simple room but nicely decorated. Had everything we needed. The simple breakfast (fruit, baguette with butter & jam, juice, tea & coffee) in the morning was good. As we only booked a fan room, the room did not really cool down. We had to sleep with the fan on almost the entire night which meant it was a bit noisier & we could feel the "wind". There was a problem with electricity so we could not always use hot water in the shower. Great staff.

The building and rooms are a bit shabby, but the owner and staff has done everything possible short of a remodel to make it a nice place. Charming decorations, colorful walls, mosquito nets (which are necessary everywhere in Cambodia, no matter how nice the property) and the staff is awesome. I had to be taken to town to catch a bus at 3am and one of their staff members woke up to take me. To me, that was above and beyond.

We had a private room and bathroom. The room was big and the bed really confortable. The bathroom was good and there was hot water. There was internet and AC working well. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They arrange us a tuk tuk to drive us trough the temples during one day and bus tickets to return to Vietnam.

First room we stayed in smelled like a sewer. The tablecloths were stained and Grimey. The second room was better but we did not enjoy our stay there. The staff was nice but a little pushy with their services

I had a private room and bathroom for less than $20, and it was everything I needed. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful - there was free airport pickup, and they organized my Angkor wat trip for me. They also held my bags for 12 hrs, and delivered them to the tuk tuk driver I sent to pick them up.

Our experience at Tranquility was a pleasant one overall. The rooms were clean and facilities were functional. The staff is generally helpful and patient though the younger members of the staff aren't too fluent in English. Kong, though, was incredibly helpful and efficient and managed to send a tuk tuk to pick us when we arrived earlier than expected. One minor gripe is that the bathroom sink is designed awkwardly, making it too high and too shallow for normal sized Asians like me.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

everything was fantastic, the personal was very good and very helpful, fresh towel everytime you arrive to the hostal, they open the door for you etc... Very servial, you can get bottle of water for free, tuk tuk , information about ankgor & siem reap, the room was good with fan bottle of water and hot shower, they also kill the mosquito befor you arrive in the room... Amazing 😜, will be back definitively.

As always, the staff at this hostel make the difference. Everyone was always smiles and laughs. Be mindful, there are lizards, and rats in the area, but remember, you are not home anymore!

Was awesome getting picked up on a tuk tuk and the guys were very welcoming on arrival. Breakfast wasn't much. Weren't happy about being booked on the Rith mony bus. Apart from that it was a good stay

• 29th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Recommend strongly to travellers. Biggest positive - the staff give exceptional service

• 28th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Amazing staff. Very welcoming and helpful.

People is really nice, and is a really Cambodian place, all the decoration is really nice. You can walk to the center 10 minutes or take a tuktuk for about 2 dolars. We had a great time!!

Really cute hostel, set at the end of a laneway so it's nice and quiet at night. Facilities are pretty good, staff is helpful and sorted out tickets for onward travel at base prices, they don't try to add extras like some travel agencies. Love the towelettes always offered when we get back from outside. We also appreciated the water bottles that they always gave us fresh every day, and the manager even helped me once by letting me use his personal laptop when my tablet wasnt working.

The guest house is located away from Siem Reap's main streets and tucked away in a cozy spot. A close enough walk to all of the city's must sees. The staff are friendly and very accommodating, providing—at least in my case—the level of service I was looking for. Excellent value for money, with marvellous freebies, like free bus station pick-up and cold, refreshing face towels when arriving back from a hot day exploring the temples. I'd stay again if ever back in Siem Reap, without a doubt.

The staff were extremely attentive and helpful. The rooms are lovely and there is hot water. Basic breakfast but still really good. The hotel tuk tuk to visit the temples and airport transfers are a bit overpriced - you end up paying for the convenience but otherwise would recommend.

The place was alright, nothing wrong wit the facilities, it cost $2 to pub street or a short walk. Staff was really friendly ( little too friendly in my opinion) the cold towels when you walk in the door is a nice touch. Breakfast is alright if your not fussy. Overall it served its purpose for our budget trip.

We originally planned on staying two nights, but had to book another because of the amazing hospitality. From the minute we walked in we were treated with the utmost kindest, free orange juice and a lovely smelling face towel. They booked a full day of temples and floating markets for reasonable pricing! The rooms were adorable and always clean. I highly recommend this guesthouse to anyone visiting Siem Reap. We will definitely be back one day!

The staff is super friendly and always willing to help. They really care that you're enjoying your stay. My room could have been cleaner and the facilities weren't too great. However, it was very affordable and conveniently close to restaurants, shopping, and the temples.

The staff were the kindest and most helpful I've known since being in south east Asia which was really great. I had a lovely time here and would recommend it.

My boyfriend and I had a really pleasant 5 night stay here. We stayed in a double bedroom, and it was clean with a huge bed and nice bathroom (the free head and shoulders shampoo was a nice touch!). They gave us fresh cold towels every time we came through the front door and the staff were extremely friendly and attentive (perhaps even too much at one point, as we were the only people in the hostel the first few nights). Breakfast of warm bread and fresh fruit was great. Fair prices for tuk tuks

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts