Tranquility Angkor Guest House Reviews

Wat Bo Road, Wat Bo Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Really good place to spend a few nights in Siem Reap. Great Value for money, very clean rooms, very good beds! No bugs or anything. I read there was a breakfast included but ended up paying 2 dollars. Free coffee in the room was a nice touch. Rented two bicycles and got one normal sized bike and another child sized bike which was not ideal for the 20 kilometers we were cycling around Angkor Wat! Really friendly staff who were full of smiles and they even offered us free pick up! Excellent!

• 27th Apr 2015

I booked an AC double room but AC was not working. Staff said power failure. They have a generator but only fan can run on that. Even sometimes that is not working also. So its pathetic situation without AC and fan.

Very friendly staff abd comfortable facilities.

• 16th Apr 2015

My girlfrend and I stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our trip! We arrived at TQL at about 8.30am and couldn't check it until 2 but we were allowed to leave our luggage in the luggage room

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Austria

Incredibly friendly and welcoming staff. Private room was super cute and had everything we could need. Location good as well, only like a 5 min tuk tuk from the night market and pub street. Would stay here again!

Very expensive compared to many other guest houses on the street. Day 2 electricity went in morning, which can happen, but the staff didn't seem to do anything about it, even after we asked for cold water and light in our room (which didn't have a window). We went out for two hours (they said it would be back in 1) but nothing. Went out again (wi-fi down, no light, no fan/AC). Came back at 8, had started generator (why not before?). AC didn't work. Was promised refund but didn't get at check-out

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

On arrival - the first room the toilet didn't work so was moved straight away to a room across the hall. Both stunk of damp but payment was up front. Mistake not to be made again. From there on - the Tuk Tuk driver of the free airport transfer did his best to rip us off at every availability. I read the reviews on this place and they we were all good though couldn't find a single reason why. Steer clear of this hostel

Older facilities, but very friendly, helpful staff and not bad for only $20 US for a private double room, continental breakfast of fruit, toast, juice, coffee, tea included.

Booked a room for 2 nights: double bedroom with fan - simple room but nicely decorated. Had everything we needed. The simple breakfast (fruit, baguette with butter & jam, juice, tea & coffee) in the morning was good. As we only booked a fan room, the room did not really cool down. We had to sleep with the fan on almost the entire night which meant it was a bit noisier & we could feel the "wind". There was a problem with electricity so we could not always use hot water in the shower. Great staff.

The building and rooms are a bit shabby, but the owner and staff has done everything possible short of a remodel to make it a nice place. Charming decorations, colorful walls, mosquito nets (which are necessary everywhere in Cambodia, no matter how nice the property) and the staff is awesome. I had to be taken to town to catch a bus at 3am and one of their staff members woke up to take me. To me, that was above and beyond.

This place is kind of a dive. The walls are paper thin and the bathroom was not designed with good drainage. The staff is helpful, but I wouldn't recommend staying here.

We had a private room and bathroom. The room was big and the bed really confortable. The bathroom was good and there was hot water. There was internet and AC working well. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They arrange us a tuk tuk to drive us trough the temples during one day and bus tickets to return to Vietnam.

First room we stayed in smelled like a sewer. The tablecloths were stained and Grimey. The second room was better but we did not enjoy our stay there. The staff was nice but a little pushy with their services

I had a private room and bathroom for less than $20, and it was everything I needed. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful - there was free airport pickup, and they organized my Angkor wat trip for me. They also held my bags for 12 hrs, and delivered them to the tuk tuk driver I sent to pick them up.

Our experience at Tranquility was a pleasant one overall. The rooms were clean and facilities were functional. The staff is generally helpful and patient though the younger members of the staff aren't too fluent in English. Kong, though, was incredibly helpful and efficient and managed to send a tuk tuk to pick us when we arrived earlier than expected. One minor gripe is that the bathroom sink is designed awkwardly, making it too high and too shallow for normal sized Asians like me.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

everything was fantastic, the personal was very good and very helpful, fresh towel everytime you arrive to the hostal, they open the door for you etc... Very servial, you can get bottle of water for free, tuk tuk , information about ankgor & siem reap, the room was good with fan bottle of water and hot shower, they also kill the mosquito befor you arrive in the room... Amazing 😜, will be back definitively.

As always, the staff at this hostel make the difference. Everyone was always smiles and laughs. Be mindful, there are lizards, and rats in the area, but remember, you are not home anymore!

Was awesome getting picked up on a tuk tuk and the guys were very welcoming on arrival. Breakfast wasn't much. Weren't happy about being booked on the Rith mony bus. Apart from that it was a good stay

• 29th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Recommend strongly to travellers. Biggest positive - the staff give exceptional service

• 28th Nov 2014