Transit Alexandria Reviews

1 Gamal El Deen Yassine Street, Alexandria, Egypt

This was a repeat visit for me. I like this hostel very much. It is in a very convenient location with everything "downtown" in easy walking distance. Many shopping sites and restaurants are nearby. Very comfortable beds with firm mattresses. Bed linens were clean. The room was free of insects. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I had an ensuite bathroom. The only difficulty worth mentioning is that often the water pressure was not sufficient to take a decent shower.

Very hard to find, on the top level of a very old run down building with barely any signs. It's part of another "hotel". Cons: Shower did not work, rickety elevator looked like it could collapse any moment, staff that did not know where tourist sights were actually located (and told me to look at sights that are not even there). Pros: Location is easy for walking around the main downtown area and I did have a amazing view from my (very old) balcony over the ocean/park.

The hotel is good. Staff are friendly. Everything is good. Great value for money.

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Vietnam

free WiFi, very friendly staff, excellent location, great value for money. However: room doors don't feel that secure. They lock alright but they feel wobbly, and it's not like a lot of people can do something shady, given the size of the whole hostel. Hot water was a bit tricky to get going. Otherwise, I really liked the place.

View all Alexandria Bed and Breakfasts