Transit Alexandria Reviews

1 Gamal El Deen Yassine Street, Alexandria, Egypt

Stayed here for a night and it was very well situated. Walking distance to most major sites including library of Alexandria. The main staff who work during the day are very nice and professional. The same cannot be said of the new guy that was hired for the night shift. He gave us a bit of a scare that night being the only female guests. After reporting him to the main staff we were told that things will be taken care of. For the sake of the hostel I hope he is fired ASAP. Great place otherwise.

This was a repeat visit for me. I like this hostel very much. It is in a very convenient location with everything "downtown" in easy walking distance. Many shopping sites and restaurants are nearby. Very comfortable beds with firm mattresses. Bed linens were clean. The room was free of insects. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I had an ensuite bathroom. The only difficulty worth mentioning is that often the water pressure was not sufficient to take a decent shower.

Very hard to find, on the top level of a very old run down building with barely any signs. It's part of another "hotel". Cons: Shower did not work, rickety elevator looked like it could collapse any moment, staff that did not know where tourist sights were actually located (and told me to look at sights that are not even there). Pros: Location is easy for walking around the main downtown area and I did have a amazing view from my (very old) balcony over the ocean/park.

View all Alexandria Bed and Breakfasts