Transit Backpackers Reviews

1st Floor, Hobart Transit Centre, 251 Liverpool Street, Hobart, Australia

Lovely staff, good atmosphere, great location, free wifi, a pool table and ping pong table what more could anyone want?

Good hostel, just a little short in space in the fridges, but nice living room and good wifi

Thanks so much for your review! sorry to see you go, we all look forward to your next visit! happy travels and take care of yourself!

I was in dorm number 1, right next to the door to the street. This would have been fine, but in both my stays here, the room was never locked except when I locked it. The door to the room was in full view of the street, so this made me uncomfortable. Other than that the hostel was very good, clean, with a nice atmosphere.

• 27th Jan 2015

It was the only accomodation left in Hobart for the weekend of MOFO Festival. We were 3 well travelled women who were only in Hobart for the festival. The dorms were tiny and the shared spaces were dirty and lacked care. Beds were not comfy at all and squeeked. I'd stay at Alabama Hotel on Liverpool st if you have the chance. $80 twin share, stylish and clean.

• 15th Jan 2015

Good little hostel, good common room and free WiFi, mattresses a little thin but alright. Very convenient location. Plenty of room even in the 20people dorm

Free Wifi (or even paid Wifi) would have been good. Turning the common room lights out at 11pm was a first?!

Some issues with wifi, thats been sorted. There are dorm rooms near the common area as im sure you are well aware, lights are turned off so as not to disturb those guests that wish to sleep early. There is a huge out door lit area out back for people that like to stay up "later". You must have miss that.

The kitchen was not clean at all and people were drinking and listening some music until late (around 2 am)... Moreover, the fire alarm starts beeping at 5 am and the person in charge didn't really know what to do, we had to wait 30 mins before going back to bed. Really hard to sleep in this conditions.

Unfortunately, this happens at times, and when someone purposely sets off a firealarm there is little control we have over it. We apologize about the noise, and people involved have been spoken to, thanks though for the review.

Great location, very helpful staff

• 5th Jan 2015

Thanks alot!! we appreciate your comments, come again soon!

Dirty place, huge dorms

Sorry about the mess! though we do clean daily it can get a bit messy with over 100 backpackers in here during the summer peak season, sorry again though it was not up to your standard.

It was an ok 4 night stay. I wasn't advised for sure regarding my key deposit return, just advised to put my key under the door as i was leaving early. Otherwise it was ok, but location a bit far for me to comfortably walk to waterfront. Seemed to have a pretty good communal atmosphere however.

Hi, Sorry that key deposit instructions weren't clear enough for you. We do feel though we are in a pretty central location taking only15 minutes tops to walk to the waterfront, thanks for the review

Great common room chill out area as soon as you walk. Couple minute walk from shops, beach, with plenty of info on activities to do in Tassie. Recommends!

Hi there! Thanks alot for your great review, we appreciate it, we welcome you back any time! thanks again!

Stayed in room 5 for one night, had bed bugs everywhere. Then stayed in room night for another night, it was fine.

Hello, thank you for your review. We have looked into this and we've completed numerous thorough cleaning in room 5. So far, so good, we've received no complaints on this :)

Crazy and Fun.

Hello there, We're glad that you were having a great time ;) We welcome you here anytime :)

The cleanest hostel I`ve ever been to!! Love it! Excellent value for money. However my bed was a bit noisy which disturbed other people at the room if I moved...

Hello, thank you very much for your kind words! Here at Transit we pride ourselves to maintain the highest possible standards for all of our guests :) It was a pleasure having you, we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future :)