Transit Backpackers Reviews

1st Floor, Hobart Transit Centre, 251 Liverpool Street, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

I will recommend this place a lot! Very helpful staff and great atmosphere. I will definitely come back.

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback! Our staff team at Transit are here to help you in any way we can to make your stay with us and your stay in Tasmania to be the most enjoyable and most memorable stay! Please feel free to let yout friends know about your awesome experience staying with us! We look forward to welcoming you again next time! Cheers.

a little bit too noisy but generally good place to stay

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

nice place

Kitchen was tiny, bathroom was tiny, clean-ish but the sink surface was always soaked and there was nowhere to put stuff down. The room was ok, mattress was thin and you sunk into it completely but not in a good way. Was in the 16 bed female dorm. No one ever locked the door so even though we had a key for it we never used it. Staff were mostly helpful, especially when I lost some jewellery in my bed linen.

I got bitten by bed bugs when I was staying in the hostel. Probably I got the bugs when I slept in the most popular room or the clothes I wore. I hanged my clothes during the stay. These are the two possible places of bed bugs.

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Hong Kong

Nice and very social hostel with a lovely Commonroom and a good atmosphere. The Staff is extremely well informed and will be able to help you with all kinds of problems. Only complaint is that the WiFi did not work but there is a library very close to it where you can use it for free. I enjoyed my stay very much!

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! Our team here at Transit is always striving to make our guests' stay the most enjoyable! Please let your friends know about your nice experience and we look forward to have you back!

I like this hostel. I have only given cleanliness a very poor mark because soap is not provided in the bathrooms, making the chances very high that the majority of people go without (or buy from reception). This is sheer profiteering from the hostel, I mean really, how much is soap??? Therefore I am sure that germs are spread all through the hostel. Disgusting!

Hi, Thanks for your comments, we've provided soap before but someone always steals it, so buying from reception at 50 cents or bringing your own become the preferred option to most of our guests. Our hostel is cleaned and disinfected daily so germs are kept to a minimum.

Very nice hostel - amazing and vibrant atmosphere and the city center is in walking-distance. The Staff is incredibly helpful and will be able to sort out everything you need. Unfortunately the WiFi was broken but you can go to a library to check your Emails. I would definitely stay here again as it is a very social and pleasant hostel

Hi, Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, we really appreciate it, and look forward to your next visit, thanks again!

i really enjoyed my stay but i had bites from bed bugs :(

• 6th Jan 2014

Sorry to hear about your bed bugs bites. To date, we never had any comments about bed bugs as we spray all of our mattreses daily with anti bed-bugs spray. During summer, there may be one or two mosquitos around...it could be from the mosquitos' bites? Hope you're better! Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we look forward to welcome you here next time! Cheers!

The kitchen was a bit messy and there were no free wifi. One of the toilet doors cannot be closed and the wash basin was a little too small for convenient use.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 41+

We're sorry that you experienced a messy kitchen. We clean our kitchen twice a day in the morning around 10am and at night around 10pm. Unfortunately, during the busy period when our guests are using the kitchen (maybe up to 100 guests) the kitchen may get a bit messy. Wifi has now been fixed and when it was down we alwasy advised our guests where to go to get free wifi (nearest one less than 5 mins away). Hope you stay again with us next time during the less busy period. Cheers

the location and staff is great. but the kitchen is not big enough.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • China

We very much enjoyed lie stay,and would stay again..

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Couple, 41+

The staff at Transit went above and beyond to make our stay great! I stayed with a friend before going to Falls Festival in Marion Bay, and the hostel let us store our bags with them until after the festival. And on our return, my friend forgot to book a room, and Transit was completely booked out. The staff went out of their way to find her a room, and even ensured she had transport there! Great atmosphere and vibe! I hope to visit again!!

• 28th Dec 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Our team here at Transit would do anything we can to ensure that you have a fun and memorable stay! We look forward to welcome you to stay with us next time! Cheers!

Quite a nice place with really friendly staff. A bit shabby around the edges but all in all I would recommend no worries.

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We will do our best to fix the "shabby" bits that you noted :) We look forward to welcome you next time! Cheers!

We just had one night in there and it was good. Rooms are a bit small but everything is clean and really friendly staff.

Thank you for your wonderful comments. next time maybe you might want to try and stay in our biggest room, the 20-beds dorm. We look forward to welcome you next time! Cheers!

The 8 bed room i stayed in barely had room for a person to walk in between the beds. My suitcase could only stand up and to get things out i had to take it onto the rattly metal staircase outside to get stuff out. The room was only capable of taking 4 beds. The common areas were not big enough for all the guests. Thankfully I only stayed one night.

We're sorry that the room that you were in was full and all other rooms were fully booked out, otherwise we wouldv'e been more than happy to move you to another room. Regarding the common areas, we actually have an open plan dining and lounge, a dining area and two decks outdoor with couches, pool table, pinpong table and a pinball, pretty sizeable in our opinion.

Very nice hostel very quiet with nice people who are very relax. Many people who make trekking start from there.