Transit Backpackers Reviews

1st Floor, Hobart Transit Centre, 251 Liverpool Street, Hobart, Australia

It was the only accomodation left in Hobart for the weekend of MOFO Festival. We were 3 well travelled women who were only in Hobart for the festival. The dorms were tiny and the shared spaces were dirty and lacked care. Beds were not comfy at all and squeeked. I'd stay at Alabama Hotel on Liverpool st if you have the chance. $80 twin share, stylish and clean.

• 15th Jan 2015

Good little hostel, good common room and free WiFi, mattresses a little thin but alright. Very convenient location. Plenty of room even in the 20people dorm

Free Wifi (or even paid Wifi) would have been good. Turning the common room lights out at 11pm was a first?!

The kitchen was not clean at all and people were drinking and listening some music until late (around 2 am)... Moreover, the fire alarm starts beeping at 5 am and the person in charge didn't really know what to do, we had to wait 30 mins before going back to bed. Really hard to sleep in this conditions.

Great location, very helpful staff

• 5th Jan 2015

Dirty place, huge dorms

It was an ok 4 night stay. I wasn't advised for sure regarding my key deposit return, just advised to put my key under the door as i was leaving early. Otherwise it was ok, but location a bit far for me to comfortably walk to waterfront. Seemed to have a pretty good communal atmosphere however.

Great common room chill out area as soon as you walk. Couple minute walk from shops, beach, with plenty of info on activities to do in Tassie. Recommends!

Stayed in room 5 for one night, had bed bugs everywhere. Then stayed in room night for another night, it was fine.

Hello, thank you for your review. We have looked into this and we've completed numerous thorough cleaning in room 5. So far, so good, we've received no complaints on this :)

Crazy and Fun.

Hello there, We're glad that you were having a great time ;) We welcome you here anytime :)

The cleanest hostel I`ve ever been to!! Love it! Excellent value for money. However my bed was a bit noisy which disturbed other people at the room if I moved...

Hello, thank you very much for your kind words! Here at Transit we pride ourselves to maintain the highest possible standards for all of our guests :) It was a pleasure having you, we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future :)