Transit Motel Airport Reviews

Off Nyerere rd, J Nyerere Airport area, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

We were only there for a short time. Appreciated the short drive from the airport. No towels, shower curtain or hot water. But it was clean. Noisy, but it was late on Friday night when we checked in.

• 8th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

It came water on the floor when you flushed the toilet, but over all nice. We were late to breakfast and check out but they didn't say anything.

We stayed there one night in January 2015. The staff organised the taxi to the airport for 5 USD. Room was clean, AC, internet. Good valiu for money.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Slovenia
  • Couple, 41+

Transfer was perfectly organized. The driver was waiting for us at the airport and took us at the hotel in less than 5 minutes. We felt safe, but I would never had walked from the airport to the hotel by myself. Rooms have air conditioning. Restaurant provided us fresh water even at 11:00 pm and our first Swahili lesson! We took our flight in the early morning the next day. Nothing to complain about!

The location is great for staying for a bit and then going to the airport, which I guess is the primary reason people stay here. The room had a/c but it didn't really work so we had to rely on the fan. The shower didn't have a shower curtain, and the hot water wasn't working. Overall it was a clean place with a nice size room though, and was good for transit purposes. What we paid and what it was didn't quite match up though.

Great, clean place to stay, very near airport. Works very well if you're leaving early in the morning from the airport and don't want to spend 1hr+ getting out of Dar.

• 4th Nov 2014

Basic place to stay near the airport. The wifi worked, the bed was good, but the staff was not very helpful or clear. They give you towels and soap, which is nice.-

The location was great for access to the airport but the area it is in leaves something to be desired, I would not have stayed here on my own. However the room was comfortable and the staff helpful. The taxi collected us and returned us efficiently to the airport which was a real great.

• 11th Oct 2014

good rooms with air con and fans. clean rooms and bathrooms. great food at good prices and helpful staff.

• 4th Oct 2014

Advise travelers of likely cost of taxi from airport to Transit Motel Airport.

• 19th Sep 2014

Overall a great place to stay if you need to be close to the airport, with it being

Very convenient close to the airport. Safe. Staffs at the reception and the restaurant should have ready access to change, even if you check in late in the evening.

Thanks to the driver who waited almost an extra hour at the airport because my lugage was not arrived. The girl at the reception was not very friendly and when she showed my room she had to clean some things on the floor (better check before) I could not pay with my visacard and that would be easier.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Bathroom mirror not cleaned.

The staff was polite and helpful! Their driver picked us up at the airport when we called and was very kind. We think this spot was perfect for airport travel!

• 23rd Jan 2014

We arrived on a Wednesday and were kept up past 1am because of loud music playing right outside our window (we were in Rm 4). Although it is close to the airport - literally 5 minutes away - I don't know if it's worth it if you don't get any sleep. The shower head is rusted (and moldy), the restaurant service at the motel is slow and not very friendly. The hotel offers a pick up and drop off service from the airport for $5 (8,000 TZS) but negotiate for a taxi @ the airport for 5,000 TZS.

• 30th Oct 2013

It's right near the airport and to be honest it's only perfect for that purpose! I really wouldn't bother to stay here for any other reason. The restaurant was dark and had a very very aged feel to it - the food wasn't great either. The room itself was fine. Once again, I would only book this place if I needed to be close to the airport.

If you are coming late at night, that can be a good choice to stay. Not very far from the city center but there can be really bad traffic jam. Hotel was good, clean and staff was helpful.

We only stayed one night in transit from Dar to Arusha. It was clean and comfortable and it felt safe. The breakfast was good and the airport is literally just around the corner.

Always a good option for a nights stay over

« first « Prev 1 2 3