Transit Motel Airport Reviews

Off Nyerere rd, J Nyerere Airport area, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Great, clean place to stay, very near airport. Works very well if you're leaving early in the morning from the airport and don't want to spend 1hr+ getting out of Dar.

• 4th Nov 2014

Basic place to stay near the airport. The wifi worked, the bed was good, but the staff was not very helpful or clear. They give you towels and soap, which is nice.-

The location was great for access to the airport but the area it is in leaves something to be desired, I would not have stayed here on my own. However the room was comfortable and the staff helpful. The taxi collected us and returned us efficiently to the airport which was a real great.

• 11th Oct 2014

good rooms with air con and fans. clean rooms and bathrooms. great food at good prices and helpful staff.

• 4th Oct 2014

Advise travelers of likely cost of taxi from airport to Transit Motel Airport.

• 19th Sep 2014

Overall a great place to stay if you need to be close to the airport, with it being

Very convenient close to the airport. Safe. Staffs at the reception and the restaurant should have ready access to change, even if you check in late in the evening.

Thanks to the driver who waited almost an extra hour at the airport because my lugage was not arrived. The girl at the reception was not very friendly and when she showed my room she had to clean some things on the floor (better check before) I could not pay with my visacard and that would be easier.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Bathroom mirror not cleaned.

The staff was polite and helpful! Their driver picked us up at the airport when we called and was very kind. We think this spot was perfect for airport travel!

• 23rd Jan 2014

We arrived on a Wednesday and were kept up past 1am because of loud music playing right outside our window (we were in Rm 4). Although it is close to the airport - literally 5 minutes away - I don't know if it's worth it if you don't get any sleep. The shower head is rusted (and moldy), the restaurant service at the motel is slow and not very friendly. The hotel offers a pick up and drop off service from the airport for $5 (8,000 TZS) but negotiate for a taxi @ the airport for 5,000 TZS.

• 30th Oct 2013

It's right near the airport and to be honest it's only perfect for that purpose! I really wouldn't bother to stay here for any other reason. The restaurant was dark and had a very very aged feel to it - the food wasn't great either. The room itself was fine. Once again, I would only book this place if I needed to be close to the airport.

If you are coming late at night, that can be a good choice to stay. Not very far from the city center but there can be really bad traffic jam. Hotel was good, clean and staff was helpful.

We only stayed one night in transit from Dar to Arusha. It was clean and comfortable and it felt safe. The breakfast was good and the airport is literally just around the corner.

Always a good option for a nights stay over

Good location and service if you need to be close to the airport!

• 20th Aug 2013
  • Spain

This motel was great for our last night in Tanzania, great location and good value. The rooms were really nice, with the comfiest beds we'd had during our stay. Would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of staying here in the future.

• 20th Jul 2013

Nice and close to the airport, but down a very interesting dirt road so immediately immersed in Tanzania. It is possible to walk to & from the airport in only about 10min but if it's dark or you have a lot of luggage I wouldn't recommend it. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean but smelled a bit. Rooms on one side are definietly noisier than another, all night from the street. The beds have mosquito nets but I wouldnt trust they as they are unlikely to be treated regularly.

• 6th Jul 2013

Thank you for a fine stay, we felt safe, which is important, when you have just arrived to the country.

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Denmark

The hotel was near the airport just like we wanted. Good enough for one night between two flights.

• 23rd May 2013