Transylvania Hostel Reviews

Str. Iuliu Maniu Nr.26, Apt 12, Cluj Napoca, Romania

Coming back again and again, some of the best staff you will meet. Beautiful city, and a free shot of palinka every night!

Helpful staff, great location and services

• 15th Jul 2015

This has been one of the best hostels I've stayed at! The staff is friendly and organizes daily activities which makes it really easy to socialize with and get to know the other people staying at the hostel. This was my first time traveling throughout Europe alone and I had a blast as I was able to quickly make friends with other travelers and go out with them. The rooms and showers were considerably more spacious and clean than those at other hostels I've stayed at. I highly recommend it!!

• 10th Jul 2015

Nice hostel in a good location

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. You can't beat the location and the staff is just super friendly and helpful. It feels like coming home.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Booked for two nights, stayed for three, wanted to stay for more. Hostel is a tiny bit more expensive than others in Romania. But for the atmosphere alone there is no other place I'd ever stay in Cluj. Evening activities everyday. Wonderfully helpful and fun staff who make it their job to know you, take an interest in you and make sure you have the best possible stay. Can't say enough good things about Transylvanian Hostel. Do yourself a favour and just stay here!

A really good hostel. Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Very good toilets and showers with hot water. Friendly staff that takes you out to dinner every night. Easy for solo travelers to meet people. When it comes to atmosphere it's one of the best hostels I've stayed at. I would change the common room and put a big table where people can sit and talk instead of in the reception. Also, placed to hang your towels and jackets in the dorms would be nice. I would definitely stay here again.

The garden/terrace is a great place to relax and enjoy some down time in Cluj-Napoca. The private room was spacious and the shared bathroom was very clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Transylvania Hostel to anyone traveling through Cluj-Napoca.

the best hostel so far....beautiful patio with shade trees, comfy chairs and grape vines growing hither and tither. the staff is knowledgeable and friendly, you won't find better. bathroom/showers are super clean and designed with the traveler in mind. small touches such as the half-glass wall separate dry clothes from the shower spray, there's some thought that went into the design.

We stayed only for one night and had 2 double rooms in an appartment with bathroom. The hostel is very central and a good starting point for discovering the city of Cluj Napoca!

Very friendly and welcoming staff who create a social atmosphere in the hostel. The dorms are big and there are nice bathrooms, plus there is a big well-equipped kitchen. I only stayed one night here but wish I could've stayed longer as it was a great atmosphere.

The best staff and atmosphere in the center of Cluj!!!

Very good hostel at the center of Cluj. The staffs were very nice and took us to some activities. I can recommend this hostel.

Great social hostel. Organised activities every night. A bunch of really good shared showers, quality but a few less shared toilets. Bathrooms separate to dorms. Nice spot, stayed a couple of times. Good basic car rental company they work with for €15 per day (8 days worth for us)

Excellent facilities, conceniently located, and the staff were fantastic. The energy they invested in creating a sociable environment made it a fun and friendly stay with plenty of opportunity to meet others.

Nice hostel really close to the centre of Cluj. The staff was very friendly.

Amazing hostel! The owners really care about every detail and it shows. Great activities every night and really fun, helpful, young staff. Perfect location in Cluj. Clean and quiet, but awesome social atmosphere. One of my favorite hostels of all time.

Had a great time, hope I can see you guys again at some point. Also, the people of transylvania hostel page is hilarious, thanks for the stay. (P.S. Tania, you're awesome. Best of luck with coming to the U.S. and studying in Norway. Also, couldn't find Niel, sorry.)

Through nine years of travelling in Europe, and over 150 hostels, I have lived in some really cool hostels. And across these, there are a handful of places which have felt like home to me. Transylvania Hostel is one of them. Thank you to each and every one on the fabulous team for making my stay special and memorable.

Great hostel with a really welcoming atmosphere and staff who are always around and ready to help. They organize nightly dinners with whoever is interested and take you to some tasty places. Romania is very cheap, so it's easy to enjoy good food and drinks! No one seemed to spend much time in their rooms even though they were quite big, because the common room was always full of guest and easy to chat with new people. The beds were also super comfortable!