Transylvania Hostel Reviews

Str. Iuliu Maniu Nr.26, Apt 12, Cluj Napoca, Romania

Really nice hostel. Dorms are spacious and the lockers are big. The kitchen is really big so it's very social to hang out while you're making your dinner and having some drinks. One of the girls that works in reception is extremely friendly and cheerful. The dorm that we stayed in got a little bit of noise from the common room but it wasn't bad. Lots of common room space.

We really enjoyed in your hostel. Thank you for the warm hospitality.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Israel

Awesome place to stay.

Excellent hostel! Really appreciated how friendly the staff was. Also liked a lot that they organize activities such as going out to dinner together.

Buzzing hostel with a game room, garden, large kitchen, chillout area with couches and balconies for chilling in the sun. The staff are ridiculously good fun (almost eccentrically so), with organised meals out every night, as well as drinks afterwards. I broke my absinthe virginity with some people from the hostel, which was interesting to say the least...special shout out to Andra, who's great fun, always bubbly and welcoming. Cluj is a nice city, but this is a great hostel.

It doesn't really feel like a hostel as its difficult to come into contact with other guests and it doesn't have a kitchen. Other wise everything is superb and it was a really nice stay.

Great hostel, Great staff. I had one small problem and when I told the manager it was fixed in minutes. Amazing place and I hope to get back there soon.

I have nothing bad to say but everything good to add, it has a great and big courtyard, big kitchen for cooking and the rooms are great, clean and spacious. Staff are extremely helpful - really nothing to complain at all. Book it!

Amazing staff, super friendly, helpful and outgoing! Noami, Andra, Scott & Elin you guys are awesome. Thank you so much for making my stay in Cluj so comfortable and memorable :) Andra & Scott thank you for the lovely evenings. Miss you guys already.

I think Transylvania Hostel is a great place to stay at! even though I only booked one night, I know that if I go back to Cluj and I need a place to stay, this is the hostel where I would always stay. Definitely a nice, clean and great environment.

Had a great stay at Transylvania hostel, couldn't have asked for more! Great place, people and atmosphere :) The staff was really sweet and helped us out with anything, such as booking buses or taking us to pubs :) Thanks a lot!!

There isn't much competition in Cluj for hostels, how ever this hostel is FANTASTIC by any standard. The staff are amazing and go to great effort to connect everyone together, take you out to local places, help you with anything. You will stay longer in Cluj than you expect due to this great Hostel. It's called "The Cluj Effect". Great town, made even better by this hostel.

Excellent hostel... one of the best i have ever stayed in. friendly, relaxed staff who provide high quality service in terms of accommodation, security, cleanliness and having a good time! And in a great city too! Wanted to stay longer and nearly did! As I've said I've travelled a lot before but definitely one of the best hostels - staff are sound and will go drinking with you whilst environment is relaxed and chilled out

Very friendly staff, very good location, excellent place.

Really good hostel! Location is in the middle of everything. Keycards for all dorm rooms means it is very secure (and you get personal lockers too). Staff are helpful, and take you out to a restaurant and the pub. It's cozy, clean (best hostel showers ever). Highly recommended.

I will recommend this hostel everywhere I come in Europa.

The staff were amazingly helpful, friendly, and good fun. The hostel itself is lovely. We had a great room, and the games room and courtyard are really nice touches.

Hostel staff were extremely friendly! I would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Cluj.

Excellent hostel, I rarely give that rating. Great location, easy to find, welcoming, great breakfast (cereal) no fruit but that would ask too much. Security for everything, multiple staff there & always working for guests (train, bus, connections, suggestions). This is the only hostel in Romania where the staff work around the clock for hostelers needs. Travelers stay longer than planned here & fellow hostelers ask new hostelers to lunch, dinner or other activities. Comfortable beds.

Very comfortable hostel. Stayed here 3 nights and really wanted to stay more. They have great living room to relax in. Bathrooms are perfect. Wifi is the best I've had in Europe. Plus, they organized outings most nights. Definitely book here if you're traveling solo...or even if you're not.