Transylvania Hostel Reviews

Str. Iuliu Maniu Nr.26, Apt 12, Cluj Napoca, Romania

Excellent hostel.. great hostel especialy if u r travelling solo. They do dinners, bars and club nights which bring everyone in the hostel together ! Also games/music room awesome ! Beds bery comfortable, great location and staff. Highly recommend u must stay !!

It´s a nice hostel. It´s in the center and nice area. They were hospitable with us and help us to enjoy the city The hostel it´s located in a old building and it´s really lovely ;) If you travel by car, you could park easy in the area! we enjoy our time there!! And Cluj Napoca is city that you have to visit if you like the alternative art and life.

Absolutely loved this hostel. Great staff. Great facilities. Great atmosphere. Great everything

All the facilities are good and after 10pm everyone has to be quiet so you can sleep. It's NOT a place for hanging out talking/partying late at night, but the hostel makes group trips to town to eat and drink so that you meet your fellow travellers and go party. Very good for meting people. The staff is nice and helpful but for some reason I felt a little awkward at this place, their smiles can seem a bit fake (they're trying too hard) and somehow this awkwardness makes me not wanna come back.

Thank you for your comments! We all choose to work in a hostel because of all the amazing people that we get to meet. The most heartbreaking part of hostel life is the rare moment when we make friends with someone but they think we are only being nice because it is our job. It hurts, but luckily most of our connections are felt from both sides. I hope that your travels bring you many great connections and lasting friendships. That is what hostels are all about. Warm regards from Cluj! –Brian

Coming back again and again, some of the best staff you will meet. Beautiful city, and a free shot of palinka every night!

Very nice staff, they work together with a car rental service that brings the rental car to the hostel for free. People were encouraged to share the food they wouldn't eat during their stay with the others. You can take as much as you want from the 'free food shelf' as well. Everybody is willing to help, location of the hostel is really good. We had no AC but the room temperature was not too high even though it was really warm outside.

Helpful staff, great location and services

• 15th Jul 2015

This has been one of the best hostels I've stayed at! The staff is friendly and organizes daily activities which makes it really easy to socialize with and get to know the other people staying at the hostel. This was my first time traveling throughout Europe alone and I had a blast as I was able to quickly make friends with other travelers and go out with them. The rooms and showers were considerably more spacious and clean than those at other hostels I've stayed at. I highly recommend it!!

• 10th Jul 2015

Nice hostel in a good location

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. You can't beat the location and the staff is just super friendly and helpful. It feels like coming home.

Booked for two nights, stayed for three, wanted to stay for more. Hostel is a tiny bit more expensive than others in Romania. But for the atmosphere alone there is no other place I'd ever stay in Cluj. Evening activities everyday. Wonderfully helpful and fun staff who make it their job to know you, take an interest in you and make sure you have the best possible stay. Can't say enough good things about Transylvanian Hostel. Do yourself a favour and just stay here!

A really good hostel. Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Very good toilets and showers with hot water. Friendly staff that takes you out to dinner every night. Easy for solo travelers to meet people. When it comes to atmosphere it's one of the best hostels I've stayed at. I would change the common room and put a big table where people can sit and talk instead of in the reception. Also, placed to hang your towels and jackets in the dorms would be nice. I would definitely stay here again.

The garden/terrace is a great place to relax and enjoy some down time in Cluj-Napoca. The private room was spacious and the shared bathroom was very clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Transylvania Hostel to anyone traveling through Cluj-Napoca.

the best hostel so far....beautiful patio with shade trees, comfy chairs and grape vines growing hither and tither. the staff is knowledgeable and friendly, you won't find better. bathroom/showers are super clean and designed with the traveler in mind. small touches such as the half-glass wall separate dry clothes from the shower spray, there's some thought that went into the design.

We stayed only for one night and had 2 double rooms in an appartment with bathroom. The hostel is very central and a good starting point for discovering the city of Cluj Napoca!

1 2 Next » last »