Transylvania Hostel Reviews

Str. Iuliu Maniu Nr.26, Apt 12, Cluj Napoca, Romania

The best hostel OMG. This place has it all, it's in a great location, walking distance from almost envy thing, with a club less then two blocks away (but still quiet enough to sleep). Comfortable and cool building and incredible freakin' awesome staff!! This place is friendly and is really the best. If you want to make friends, people are there to go and hang with every night. If you just want to chill on your own, then you can chill. Thank you so much, will for sure be back!

Been there two time in the passed year , good place to eat sleep and party a bit , staff is good but you get some weird guest but what place doesn't . I'd go back again

Great hostel mainly because of the always present staff and the atmosphere they give to the house. Best staff ever! Still, I think the price, comparing with other types of acommodation, is a little bit high.

One of the best hostel experiences I've had in Europe. Everything about this hostel is excellent, but the staff really goes the extra step to ensure every guest enjoys their stay in Cluj. I will visit Cluj again and will definitely stay here. Oh and the showers are nicer than what you find in most 4-Star hotels, which is a huge plus for me.

I came to stay one night but ended up staying for three days. The staff was so friendly and welcoming and they made it feel like home. Very comfortable atmosphere, great security and cleanliness and 100% my favorite hostel I've stayed at while travelling. (As a solo female traveler it is soooo nice to have somewhere that felt so home-y)

• 21st Feb 2015

We stayed there only for one night, but the staff was very friendly and helpful with us

I had the best time here! The staff are what make the place really friendly, energetic and outgoing. You really feel at home, especialky as a soli traveller. No better place to stay :)

Amazing hostel and lovely staff.

The staff is the most positive aspect of this hostel. Nice and friendly, caring and committed. The hostel itself is average. I had the golden dorm all for myself, thank you. But was exposed to noise and cold. Yet, would'nt want to be in dorm adjacent to kitchen because of all day, all night activities. I suspect heating system is on a timer. You get some most of the time but its not quite enought to keep it warm all the time. Well, perhaps its good enought by europeen standard. Dont know!

Thanks for the kind words about the team! Our hostel is our baby and we want everyone to love it as much as we do. We know that you weren’t fond of the young backpackers around you, so we were happy to open a new room in another part of the building. I’m so sorry that you were cold there though! I wish we had known. We would have happily turned up the heat for you. Hopefully on your next visit we can make you even more comfortable. Enjoy Romania and we’ll see you again very soon!

Good party hostel. Staff is friendly and helpful. Only cereal and milk for breakfast.

Thanks for the review! We’re glad that you had fun going out with us! We do our best to keep the partying outside of the hostel so everyone who wants to sleep can do so. I don’t know if most travelers would consider that a party hostel, but we certainly had a great night with you! The hostel doesn’t actually offer breakfast though. The milk and cereal belongs to the staff, but everyone is welcome to eat some if you want to start your day with something in your belly. Sharing is caring!

Transylvania hostel was one of the places that I could've quite happily stayed double the length I'd booked. Really fun staff and atmosphere, good location and setup. Really enjoyed my stay.

Really good staying with one of the best hostel's atmosphere you can find.

unforgettable

Perfect hostel in a fizzy and amusing city: we spent special time in this place thanks to kind staff, good common space and a strategic location. Definitely a place to suggest. Lacks? Believe me: NONE!

Atmosphere and cleanliness is amazing. The staff are usually pretty helpful for finding places and getting around.

Best location ever in a great city, a great ambience to meet people wich is encouraged by the hostel activities every night... but above all the best staff ever!

Comfy beds, well stocked kitchen, amazing bathrooms (best I've experienced yet!), would recommend

Cool hostel to make friends!!

Would have stayed longer. Staff went beyond the call of duty, welcoming and so helpful.

A wonderful place in a truly wonderful city!