Transylvania Hostel Reviews

Str. Iuliu Maniu Nr.26, Apt 12, Cluj Napoca, Romania

Good location in Cluj. We stayed in a private room and it was huge. Most of the staff were really helpful! Do the day trip to the ice cave, we were very disappointed that we missed out because it looked fantastic.

I enjoyed my stay here and found the staff friendly and helpful.

Really good location. Staff are nice and give friendly pointers where to go that locals go to (if your interested in that kind of thing). Really good for single travelers and really clean.

Nice place with great staff. Everything was just as one could expect. Would easily recommend to anyone going to Cluj.

A solid hostel. unfortunately the laundry service was down for the couple of days we were there and one of the showers wasn't working to begin with but that's mostly bad luck with timing. Atmosphere is dependent on who else is there but there is a good common room and lounge in the kitchen.

Nice place to stay, rooms are clean, big enough and have lockable kabinets. The staff is nice and knowledgeable about the city and attractions. Big plus for common spaces, especially room with board games, biliard and table tennis, etc. Location in the centre is excellent.

I could not sleep well because of a person who come in the room at 11 pm, return at 5 am and snore untill 2 pm for four days. Doors and windows where kept open when it was very cold, so I purchased two sweaters and cold medicine. Then on the last day at 6 am after being woken up by a total of five people, I went into the kitchen to prepare food. It was in entirely in shambles from the drunks from the night before, with burn't pots and pans. A refund should be in order.

• 18th Sep 2013

I wish you had told us! We could have moved you to a quieter room, closed the window and arranged the kitchen had we known there was an issue. We take a huge amount of pride in our hostel, and we want it to be perfect for all of our guests! We understand that hostels are not the right choice for everyone. Sometimes you just want to sleep and sharing a dorm with others isn’t ideal. I’m sorry that you were disturbed by your roommates. We wish you all the best, and happier travels in the future

what a nice hostel. they are available the whole night, there is a super comfy couch and the staff is really cool. just stayed for one short night, but that was quite nice...

Amazing hostel, super clean, well located, the staff are amazing, and the owners are willing to share anything and everything they know not only about Cluj, but about Romanian and European culture in general. I would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Cluj.

I really liked this place, the staff were fantastic and although not a huge amount of guests, the ones I met were all really nice. The hostel also gives a great walking tour of Cluj and the coffee and cake session with some of the staff is a great wake up in the morning. The place has a real family feel and the staff will be happy to do anything with you. Good rooms and amenities as well.

I had a wonderful time at this hostel! It's perfectly located, right in the center of town, close to everything, (monuments, supermarkets, bars, etc). The hostel is well organized, with nice showers (plenty of hot water), a kitchen, various lounge areas, a great balcony overlooking a garden, etc. What really sets the hostel apart, however, is the superb staff, who were unbelievably helpful and kind - truly above and beyond the call of duty. I can't recommend this hostel highly enough!!

Amazing place. I hope I come back here soon!

This was by far the best hostel I've stayed at. I would recommend going to Cluj just to stay here. The staff was phenomenal, and spent time with guests as if we were already friends. It was the first hostel I stayed at that felt like a "group atmosphere" where you can meet people through various activities. At first I was a bit confused that the reception was in the common area, but I grew to love it because the staff was always hanging out with us and not only recommended places but joined too.

Pros:Very good location. Just few steps from the main square with lots of restaurants, pubs etc. Staff very nice - helped me to call for a taxi to the bus station early morning. Cons: Lack of possibility to entrance to the main gate using magnetic card. You have use bell ring ( during the day and night ).

Great little hostel really friendly and helpful staff and in a great location clean and good value for money

This hostel has a cool vibe and staff is great...showers went down when we were there but luckily they owned other apartments and they opened them up. Had a really nice sleep here as well.

Of the two hostels we stayed at in Cluj, Transylvania Hostel was our favorite. The location is perfect for exploring the city by foot, the atmosphere is clean and comfortable, and staff is friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• 13th Aug 2013

Great hostel, lots of interesting people to meet, and I even played ping pong there! The staff was very nice and we went out together for a wine tasting and another day for a movie, I'll definitely come back :)

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in Romania. The whole staff was great and helpful. Our dorm was clean and the showers were really nice. The location is also perfect to visit Cluj Napoca. We only had some problems with the front door of the apartment, but the boy from the staff helped us. We had a very nice stay and would definitely go back there

lovely hostel! clean, good facilities with a lovely courtyard out back. Decent sized kitchen, nice living room and games room too, and they give you lockers which is pretty handy. We were only there one night but the staff were super friendly and helpful in suggesting where we should go next, printing off timetables for us etc. Would definitely recommend!

• 12th Aug 2013